Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 11th October 2017, 15:05   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
XUV replacement has arrived. It's a truck:

Attachment 1683758

Pre-Owned. End 2016, 15k kms done.

Ill post the ownership thread only after I spend some time with the truck.
Congrats Anshuman on the new truck

Also can you give some review and details about the diesel box that you had on the XUV? which one was it? howas the improvement and any negatives or concerns?
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 18:10   #242
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:

Attachment 1683758

Congratulations on the truck, sir! It is indeed a worthy upgrade to your XUV though you might feel it to be a downgrade in some aspects. Happy mile munching. More details such run, final cost, etc. would be great and I would be eagerly waiting for a detailed report of yours on this capable machine. Truly, a capable machine in a capable hands! I'm sure you'll do full justice to the truck.

Drive safe,
Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 20:42   #243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Attachment 1683758

Congratulations Angshuman, I had been waiting for this news ever since you sold off your XUV. Wishing you many miles of happiness with the truck!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 11th October 2017 at 20:46.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 10:28   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Congrats Anshuman on the new truck

Also can you give some review and details about the diesel box that you had on the XUV? which one was it? howas the improvement and any negatives or concerns?
I was using Racedynamics Single Channel, tuning box, the power gains especially in P2 were huge. The tall gearing can take a lot more power. Unlike Duster, in XUV there was little to no smoke even in P2 mode.

My Post from Dieseltronic thread:
Quote:
My experience with RD Tuning box has been great. There were mainly 2 reasons for buying the tuning box-

1. My other car is Skoda Laura DSG, although XUV 500 is pretty peppy by SUV standards but it feels a bit weaker if driven back to back.

2. I did a lot of offroading in XUV, with the tall gearing and no low range gearing reduction, extra pep was very much required especially in sand where the stock car bogs down in no time.

Now nothing solves the above stated purposes better than a good remap, but being a Mahindra SUV i was dependent on extended warranty and the plug and play feature of the tuning box was just right.

I rarely calculate fuel economy, P1 was almost at par with stock, in P2 FE dropped by around 1 kpl. I used the car mostly in either P1 or P2. E mode is just too weak, spoils the driveability too much.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed