Name:  ForumRunner_20130323_151157.png
Views: 13193
Size:  552.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Seems like you are enjoying the Mahindra Service
The fun just started

Quote:
Jokes apart, these problems don't even have anything to do with the technical know-how of the vehicle, this is purely unprofessional work by th Dealership.
Agreed, most of the other issues i reported were fixed, but since the RM did not have time and intent to explain the work done, i had to check everything once i was back home.

Quote:
I believed the only Major problem with the XUV were the little niggles, brake noises, PS failure, quality problems etc. I didn't have the idea that it also suffers from VW/Skoda type A.S.S. problems. Especially, when they considered the XUV to be their premium offering and even appointed "Relationship Managers" for Customers!
These RMs look and talk exactly like Service advisors in other companies, they even do the same job, i do not see any difference. i am more comfortable talking to the mechanic directly, atleast he knows the car.

Quote:
With the Parts replacement already underway, I sincerely hope that the next step is teaching the "Relationship Managers" to establish better relations...
They need to fix it ASAP, with Mahindra planning more premium cars from Ssangyong they cannot force their 25 lakh rupee customers into the same crowded facilities.

I agree the other dealerships which do not sell the Rexton but sell the XUV500 may not have permission to service the Rexton, but what about emergency situations, they do not even look at Rexton (Hisar dealer). Where else should some Rexton owner travelling on some highway go? Go all the way back 200kms to Delhi to get his car attended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
.anshuman, sorry to hear the bad service experience.

What I don't understand is, why do these people need a stick before they start behaving responsibly. I don't believe its a competency issue. Its an attitude issue. I am pretty sure, you would have escalated to customer-care already.
What good is the support if one has to use his contacts every time to be treated well? I am not escalating the issue, however i am not going back again to this dealer, neither am i going to recommend it to anyone in future.

Quote:
You mentioned a problem with the AC in your post. Can you share a few details about what they did about the problem?
Also how much did you pay for the reverse-camera? The accessory prices seems to have fallen considerably since launch.
The AC was strong enough, on a recent highway drive, all 4 of us passengers were sweating. The issue was due to some leaking coil, which one? I don't know, the RM was not interested in explaining. After the visit, the A/C has become a chiller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I can relate to few things that happened to you but not all. I find the ac running on full blast, sound systems on on full volume and the cleaners using dirty pieces of cloth to clean the cars. This is why I m with Hariya, always, at every service.
Wipers too were running in my car on a dry windshield. These car cleaners do not work without music at full blast, just like Barat wali Ghodi.

Quote:
But the other points you ve mentioned about the car being shifted to another workshop, without your permission, the windows being down resulting in dusty interiors, issues not be attended to properly, the way the reverse camera was re fitted etc, these are issues which are really irritating. I feel you should get hold of your RM and complain. In case you feel he is too busy to listen to you and solve your issues, please escalate it liberally up the M&M ladder. I m sure they'll respond positively.
1. They shifted the car to other facility, without even informing me, leave alone asking.

2. The car was delivered in bad condition, completely dirty. Interiors were completely ruined, mats were all at wrong places(why did they even remove mats?)

3. They were not treating the car well. Wipers running, music systen on at full volume, camera fixing process.

4. They scratched my car.

5. No one was accountable for whatever was happening. The RM(@ Mayapuri facility) was behaving as if he was doing me a favor by attending the car.

6. Some issues still persist.

Right now i do not have enough time to escalate the issue, but i am not going to this dealer again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
What exactly went wrong with the new Rexton?
The car went into limp mode. I suspect the turbo hose might have dislodged, or some sensor might be malfunctioning. Nothing definite can be said till the car is attended. The car is in Hisar, some 200kms from Delhi, local dealer does not even want to have a look at the car, helpline is helpless(yet to respond to the complaint), so my friend will have to figure out some way to get the car back to Delhi to have it attended.

I wanted to post that poster's pic here by Mr. Pawan Goenka, which was found hanging at most service stations few years back, where he bragged about how his team rescued a honeymoon couple deserted on some highway in the middle of a night.

And when the Rexton saw the first rain, the wipers refused to work, we fixed them ourselves, the assembling staff at factory forgot to tighten the bolts. Long way to go for Mahindra before they start challenging Toyota head on.

^This was after we fixed the RHS wipers ourselves

Last edited by .anshuman : 23rd March 2013 at 15:13.
Old 23rd March 2013, 21:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!

^^^
Hi,
Welcome to our world (of Mahindra ASS)! I find them no better (or worse) than TASS, yet TASS always gets a bad rap. (Must add I don't own a Skoda, in fact any European car)

Regards
Sutripta
Old 23rd March 2013, 21:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I am shocked on the way they treat the customer's cars. Icing on the cake- they've scratched the left rear door of my absolutely scratchless car, and the brake pads are still making noise with occasional brake pads worn error. Calling a Service advisor, RM does sound premium, but does not really make it a different person. Mahindra, you have a long way to go, especially with such service partners. And i am talking about Sri Durga Auto, one of the most reputed dealers for Mahindra in NCR. I just hope the service support does not turn out to be as bad as the Tata-Fiat support i experienced during my Punto ownership.
I can well understand your frustration and anguish. Though you have rightly decided not to patronize Sri Durga Auto any longer, I think you should still take up the matter strongly with M&M whenever you get time. It may benefit other customers of Sri Durga Auto if M&M force them to pull up their socks.

I feel that car lovers like you and me who are conscious of their rights and can properly articulate their problems should always escalate their grievances to the highest possible level as a service to the entire fraternity of car owners of India.

Please don't provide your dealer with 'Sanction Of The Victim' (Ref: Ayn Rand in Atlas Shrugged). Such rogues who don't give a damn for their customers and their cars deserve a kick in their nether regions. Give it to them, nice and proper.
debuda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 01:16   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

A pic i clicked today eve-
Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0758.jpg
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 13:05   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

One more picture from Yesterday evening's shoot-

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0760.jpg
Old 26th March 2013, 14:34   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Some of the excessively done styling details on my XUV still have not grown on my eyes. So i was sitting on my PC with this file open in Photoshop, i did some experiments(Pls excuse my bad photoshop skills)-

Version 0- The yet to digest bit for my eyes are weird mustaches on front bumper
Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0760v0.jpg

Version 1-What happens if i get rid of them, looks cleaner, but front end appears very very bulky
Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0760v1.jpg

Version 2- How about extending the lower grille, its lot less bulky now, but still the front bumper looks too big, need to reduce the visual bulk more
Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0760v2.jpg

Version 3- Adding Foglamps to the empty portion does get rid of the visual bulk, but clearly looks inspired by Mitsubishi
Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0760v3.jpg

Version 4- Time to remove the Teeth
Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0760v4.jpg

Version 5- Time to Attach Nissan inspired Teeth
Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0760v5.jpg

Please comment on which version do you like? And Why? And Ideas on what else could have made it better.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 14:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

For me, Version 4 looks cool. But needs a lot of customization to get the Design.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 14:48   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Liked version 4, the toothless one. Makes the beast look meaner. However felt Mahindra logo becoming bit more prominent in that.

NB: You have forgotten to hide number plates in last post.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 14:50   #54
BHPian

Version four. Nissan grill doesn't look good.
drjanakpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 15:58   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Version 4- Time to remove the Teeth
Attachment 1066132

Please comment on which version do you like? And Why? And Ideas on what else could have made it better.
I feel this looks the best, even without re-positioning the foglamps. Probably it will be good to get the crome-lining to run through the whole grille.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 18:13   #56
SDP
Team-BHP Support

.anushman, version 4 looks promising. I liked the fogs idea. The current ones are too low and too cosmetic.

At the same time, overall I believe that the front bumper is too big and too low for the XUV5OO. When you look at the XUV from dead-front, the vehicle looks bulky and bottom-heavy..somewhat like a frog.

I am personally of the opinion that the front bumper should have been chopped by at least 3 inches from bottom, thereby chopping off the front-fog lamps space.The relocation of fogs is being nicely addressed in your version-4 anyways. This would most likely create visible distortion with the way the lines flow on the side profile, but would improve the front stance.

What's your opinion?

Last edited by SDP : 26th March 2013 at 18:15.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 20:05   #57
BANNED

Version 3 looks good. and the best option in my opinion.
The original is too overstyled, then the Version 4 seems a bit too bare.

Another option could be to fill up the bulk part of the moustache and leave the rest. That would make the faux air intake looks a lot more real..
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 10:03   #58
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Version 4 is what I feel, gives the best stance. The lesser the clutter on the front, the more well-defined, meaningful and purposeful the vehicle looks on the standstill and on the move. Also it then looks like a sibling to the Laura and you get a 'family look'.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 14:45   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I am personally of the opinion that the front bumper should have been chopped by at least 3 inches from bottom, thereby chopping off the front-fog lamps space.The relocation of fogs is being nicely addressed in your version-4 anyways. This would most likely create visible distortion with the way the lines flow on the side profile, but would improve the front stance.
Even i liked the Version 4 the most, i created version 5 after i had saved all other files.

I see no harm with the front bumper sticking out, its nicely angled(clear inspiration from CRV) to help with approach angle. I find the GC good enough for a soft roader, to get to this spot we had to climb a steep gravelly incline, initially i thought my XUV would not make it, but it climbed easily and grip was no an issue.

Even on the next day, i took it for some light offroading in the Aravalis, the track consisted mostly of rocky climbs with lots of loose gravel. Off the road, a shorter first gear could have made it better, though still it pulls really well low down, much better than the Rexton in 4H mode(4L is altogether different league though). Hill start assist and Hill descent control try hard to compensate for the lack of low range, and they work really well.

My only concern for now are the badly designed(for off road) hard plastic mudflaps, i've already managed to crack one. i guess i will have to remove the mudflaps.

Overall XUV500 AWD is decent performer off the road, being a soft roader and with the kind of road biased suspension, AWD and body setup she possesses. My Early guess says she should be more than capable to tackle occasional muck, slush and snow.. That's all i want her to do!
Old 27th March 2013, 15:59   #60
Senior - BHPian

Too bad that you had to deal with the pathetic experience at the A.S.S. buddy. M&M has to regularly check it's dealers if they want to sell this as their flagship model. At the same time, I think you should send a mail to M&M to bring this to their notice.

Oh by the way, I LOVED the 4th version too!
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed