Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 21:36   #46
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I changed the stock dual horns to Hella Red Grills at Auto Fusion, Koramangala. Just swapped the stock ones with the red grills so no splicing of wires, relay, etc.
How much did you pay for them? And does it sound like the polo or the vento types? Did they buy back your old horn?

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th March 2013 at 10:27. Reason: quote tags fixed
Old 12th March 2013, 10:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

I'm yet to take pics of the interiors. Will do that soon. Apologies for the delay. Been a bit busy for the last few days.

On another note, the odo reads 900 kms (in 18 days) and will be going in for the First Free Service over the weekend. I'm using the car only for office commutes (60 kms daily) and some weekend city errands. The FE displayed on the MID is very accurate as i have validated the same by calculating tankful to tankful method (2 tankfulls done already). Currently she is delivering between 16.5 and 17.5 kmpl on an average, depending on the traffic conditions. I am hoping this will improve further post the first service.

After the first service, i plan to take her out on the highway.

Mandovi called me yesterday to book an appointment (reminder for service) and i plan to have the car picked up on saturday morning for the same.

I don't have any issues to bring to the attention of the service manager. Anything I need to keep in mind or let them know when the car goes in for it's service?

I will ask what kind of oil is in the car - mineral or synthetic as per earlier posts.

There seems to be a lot of brake dust on the front wheels. I guess this is normal as the new pads are going through the break-in process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
How much did you pay for them? And does it sound like the polo or the vento types? Did they buy back your old horn?
I paid 1400 bucks for the horns with bill and 6 months warranty. I did not ask for a buy back on the stock horns. Might as well keep them on stand-by in case these go kaput (touchwood).

These horns have a sharp metallic note. I haven't paid any attention to the VW horns, will check and let you know.
Old 12th March 2013, 19:59   #48
BANNED

Quote:
On another note, the odo reads 900 kms (in 18 days) and will be going in for the First Free Service over the weekend. I'm using the car only for office commutes (60 kms daily) and some weekend city errands. The FE displayed on the MID is very accurate as i have validated the same by calculating tankful to tankful method (2 tankfulls done already). Currently she is delivering between 16.5 and 17.5 kmpl on an average, depending on the traffic conditions. I am hoping this will improve further post the first service.

I will ask what kind of oil is in the car - mineral or synthetic as per earlier posts.
Thats a good mileage Aditya! Good for city run and expect it to improve a little after the service. Get the regular service done and if any problems report. The SA will talk about engine flushing, injector cleaning and what not. Just politely avoid them else expect a fat bill!

Please ask the oil thats in the car. It is the Happening question that everyone is asking and waiting for the answer!

Anurag.
Old 13th March 2013, 19:30   #49
BHPian

Hello Aditya

One of my friends has purchased a new Ritz VDi and wishes to install a gear lock in it. He recently went to a car accessory shop and was told that a gear lock can't be installed in the new face-lifted Ritz VDi. According to him, there could be serious issues with the car if an attempt is made to install it. Any idea if this is true and did you try installing a gear lock in your Ritz ZDi?
Old 14th March 2013, 09:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Crossed the first milestone today.

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130314-08.20.32.jpg

Have booked a service appt. for Saturday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Any idea if this is true and did you try installing a gear lock in your Ritz ZDi?
Not sure, Deb. I did not install any aftermarket bits on the car except for a reverse parking sensor. This accessory was installed at the dealer and is a Nippon make.

I have no idea about the gear lock. My car has the factory fitted electronic central locking with body sensor and alarm so did not feel the need for a gear lock.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 11:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1062277

Have booked a service appt. for Saturday morning.

Not sure, Deb. I did not install any aftermarket bits on the car except for a reverse parking sensor. This accessory was installed at the dealer and is a Nippon make.

I have no idea about the gear lock. My car has the factory fitted electronic central locking with body sensor and alarm so did not feel the need for a gear lock.
Good
Not even 20 days i guess and already 1k mark crossed . I think this is the result of the 60+km daily drive.
What is the tyre pressure you are using ?
There is a lock for the steering also once you take off the keys of the ignition .

Cheers
Old 15th March 2013, 12:24   #52

Congratulations Aditya, on your new car, and on the first milestone of 1k km. Wonderful choice of car and colour, very fresh and appealing. I'm in the market for a second car myself, and I'm also looking to go for a Ritz, albeit a ZXi, as my run is not gonna be as much in the second car. Many wishes for a wonderful and long association with your Breeze Blue Ritz !!! :-)
Honda2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 07:17   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Congrats Aditya

How does the engineer feel? Stressed? Planning for any specific service or regular one?

Does your cars 3rd gear gave the play that older models gave?

Anurag.
Old 18th March 2013, 14:56   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
How does the engineer feel? Stressed?
Apologies, i did not understand your question.

Quote:
Planning for any specific service or regular one?
I got the regular first free service done over the weekend.

Apparently, there was no requirement to change the oil (as per the SA and the manual the oil change frequency is 10,000 kms). I asked what oil was in the engine and they said normal oil. When i asked if synthetic or mineral, they did not know and upon probing they said synthetic. I am not sure what oil is in the car, will try to call some folks at MUL and update.

Quote:
Does your cars 3rd gear gave the play that older models gave?
I haven't driven the older gen car but the gear shift on this one is precise and slot's nicely.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th March 2013 at 14:57.
Old 18th March 2013, 15:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently, there was no requirement to change the oil (as per the SA and the manual the oil change frequency is 10,000 kms). I asked what oil was in the engine and they said normal oil. When i asked if synthetic or mineral, they did not know and upon probing they said synthetic. I am not sure what oil is in the car, will try to call some folks at MUL and update.
That's very interesting. I am novice on Diesel cars but isn't it always better to change the engine oil after 1st 1000 kms. You have those fine particles which would be flushed out by changing it. And i believe this concept applies to all types of engines.
Old 18th March 2013, 15:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
That's very interesting. I am novice on Diesel cars but isn't it always better to change the engine oil after 1st 1000 kms. You have those fine particles which would be flushed out by changing it. And i believe this concept applies to all types of engines.
+1 to that .
But i think he might have skipped it as he anyways plans to change the engine oil every 5k kms .

Cheers
Old 18th March 2013, 15:58   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
+1 to that . But i think he might have skipped it as he anyways plans to change the engine oil every 5k kms .
I asked the SA and the service manager multiple times if i need to change the oil and they said it is not required. Maruti recommends an oil change once every 10k kms so they don't do it. That's what left me confused.

I am still wondering if i should get the oil changed or wait till the 5k mark.
Old 18th March 2013, 16:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked the SA and the service manager multiple times if i need to change the oil and they said it is not required. Maruti recommends an oil change once every 10k kms so they don't do it. That's what left me confused.

Agree with what SA has mentioned but personally would suggest to go for a change now. Later on you can change it at 10k again as per the SA.
Also do check properly what oil is exists now, if it is mineral stick to it.
Old 18th March 2013, 16:04   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I feel , its better you get the filter and the oil changed now only .
Bdw maruti also doesn't recommend oil change @ every 5k interval , but i get it changed every 5k kms intervals.
So i feel, get it changed, its hardly a 15 mins job .
You can take it to surasksha, near EC, and get it done .

Cheers
Old 18th March 2013, 16:24   #60
Senior - BHPian

I believe the engines are pre run at the factory itself nowadays. i.e. the break in is done at the factory which is why the 1st oil change too is at the 10k mark. I vaguely remember this was what the SA told me when i asked why the oil is not being changed at first service. This was for a petrol Ritz though.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks