Senior - BHPian

re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Where is the party though
Good point
Quote:
You planning to stick to Semi Synthetic Engine Oil or will you change over to Synthetic Oil?
I think these new DDIS engines are all using Synthetic engine oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Schoudhury! That was a good one!
Hey Anurag, he calls me @ 21.30 hours and while discussing stuff he tells me that he is not getting sleep as he is too excited for the D-day.
I didn't have a better response to it . @ that point of time.
Quote:
l
I miss the rear wash and wipe feature in my Ritz which I sorely miss. Adding this aftermarket is impossible.
Oh yes, specially during a highway drive while its raining.

Adityaji,
Good that you got the under-body coating done for free from the dealer instead of paying for it .

Also looks like you got some useful stuff free from them .

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 1st March 2013 at 18:00.
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 17:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post

I think these new DDIS engines are all using Synthetic engine oil.
Really, I will be surprised if my car is running on synthetic oil all these years without me knowing it. Will check my manual and the car is due for service will double confirm on it.
Old 1st March 2013, 17:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really, I will be surprised if my car is running on synthetic oil all these years without me knowing it. Will check my manual and the car is due for service will double confirm on it.
No no, i mean the recently launched Ritz and Swift with DDIS engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I did check with Maruti's A.S.S. in the meanwhile. Engine Oil change interval is at every 10,000 kms, and it is synthetic. These new re-tuned DDiS engines come with synthetic oil recommendation only. I asked my SA if I should change Sylver's at 1000 kms, and he said it was not necessary. The oil inside will stay good for 10,000 kms, no problem.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3030025

Last edited by Schoudhury : 1st March 2013 at 17:55.
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 18:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on going for the most reliable and practical hatch in the market. Your review of the contenders were spot on and the Ritz is a practical no nonsense hatch. This new color looks cool, very much like the serene blue of Ertiga. Contrary to popular belief, Suzuki's brakes with ABS are excellent!

Enjoy your drive and wish you many more miles of happiness!
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 18:07   #20
BANNED

Quote:
I think these new DDIS engines are all using Synthetic engine oil.Cheers
Seems to be true with the new Swift, Ritz and Ertiga sporting the DDiS engines. All now come witn Synthetic Oil as standard from factory.

To my understanding this is not correct as synthetic oils will slow down the run-in of the new engine. It will not bed-in properly. Synthetic oils will be better once the car crosses 20K.

Anurag.
Old 1st March 2013, 18:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Aditya. I like the colour. The picture of your son sitting in the boot is cute and he is an exact replica of you.

Ritz is a very practical car. The tall boy design suits my height, but I cannot digest the rear looks.

Enjoy the car and i wish you a long happy journey.
PatienceWins is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 18:33   #22
ZMG
BHPian

Congrats Sir on the new ride. I was at Mandovi today for my second service and happened to see the breeze blue Ritz for the first time in person, and it indeed looks really good, better than the SX4. Ritz is a brilliant workhorse and gives one the SUV feel, which I sorely miss on my Swift. Congrats once again :-)
ZMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 20:39   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

This is one practical car especially when compared to Swift. When Swift is a class apart from Ritz on design, the space on offer is much more in Ritz. I had been in Ritz just once, but felt over all very good.

Congrats on the new car and wish you miles of happy & safe motoring!

Would love to see some more interior pics.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st March 2013 at 20:40.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 22:04   #24
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Aditya. One more happy Ritz owner I see in the making. Looks are a subjective thing. But once inside the cabin, all we care, how is it there !
Ritz to me the is most practical hatch out there without the premium of Swift.

Now I can hear whispers in your garage. The green bike says.... Its still me he prefers for the weekends!
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 22:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone, for your warm wishes.

I shall post pics of the cabin interiors in a day or two.

Quote:
How is the stock music system ? Bdw did you decide on the Bluetooth stuff ?
Thanks for the wishes dada.

The stock music system is pretty good. The bass is punchy and the treble is crisp. Mid range is a wee bit louder than what i prefer. I normally prefer the mid range lesser than the bass and trebles. Otherwise the SQ is very good and crisp. I won't need to upgrade the system yet, maybe only the front speakers to components after a year or so.

Quote:
Good Choice made, did you have the Chevy Sail Sedan in mind or did it catch you off guard?
I loved the Sail UV/A but my only concern was the service network. Nothing comes close to Maruti in terms of service network and many other aspects.

Quote:
You planning to stick to Semi Synthetic Engine Oil or will you change over to Synthetic Oil?
Thanks for the warm wishes, Mahesh.

I plan to switch to synthetic after 10k or 20k kms. Oil changes will be done more frequently than recommended - at 5,000 km intervals.

Any suggestions you have in mind?

Edit - I'm not sure what oil - mineral or synthetic is filled in. Will check and update after the first service.

Quote:
Happy that you chose a ZDi rather than the normal VDi variant that 85% people choose. I miss the rear wash and wipe feature in my Ritz which I sorely miss. Adding this aftermarket is impossible.
Thanks for the wishes, Anurag.

Yeah, the extra 1L premium does have it's feel good factor. The steering mounted audio controls are a boon and so are the many other features.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st March 2013 at 22:27.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 23:23   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Nothing comes close to Maruti in terms of service network and many other aspects.

I plan to switch to synthetic after 10k or 20k kms. Oil changes will be done more frequently than recommended - at 5,000.
Good to hear that Aditya!

Nothing really comes close to MASS. Hundreds of service networks and very reliable service guys in most service centres. Just communicate the problem and the will try and solve it. It is really a piece if mind.

Regarding the engine oil, if you are going to change it every 5000 kms then stick to mineral oil as it Will be VFM since you Will be paying Rs 265 a liter for mineral oil as against Rs 970 for synthetic. If you change at 10000kms only then choose synthetic else mineral oil is better.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 00:09   #27
BHPian

Congratulations for buying the New Ritz ZDi.

I liked the blue color of your car specially & ZDi variant is just an icing on the cake on a refreshed version of the car, personally i liked this new variant even more.

Btw, any plans of music system speaker upgrades, as no doubt the car comes with very good Stereo sound quality but i've noticed that the stock speakers which Maruti Suzuki provide in their cars is Nippon ones with paper cones not Vinyl-based ones which ultimately distorts the sound clarity at high volume.
I'm sharing this with the knowledge & experience of the Music system from my Swift DZire ZDi.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 2nd March 2013 at 00:14. Reason: Text addition
CRtorquefan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 07:37   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on buying the ritz zdi. The zdi varient was badly missed in the previous version. I seriously feel that the speakers on all maruti suzuki should be replaced as the quality is quite poor when the volume increases.

Loved the color of your car. Enjoy the ride and drive safe. Would recommend you to use synthetic oil as its better for an advanced engine like the DDIS.
The Hurricane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 08:26   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats again Aditya!! It was nice meeting you @ the 3M store.
Nice review and I like this colour a lot. It was the right decision to go with ZDI version.
Drive Safe!

Quote:
I will be upgrading the headlight bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Plus H4 or Philips Xtreme Vision in the same stock rating over the weekend.
I tried with Osram Nightbreaker 60/55, but felt the visibility was poor when it rains. Especially on the highways where we need more visibility. I have heard similar feedback from other Bhpians as well, you can refer to the auto lighting thread. I couldn't get Philips Xtreme Vision, hence I moved to 100/90 with relay.

Quote:
I must say that i was almost convinced and had decided on the Sail UV/A. If the dealer had followed up, i may have probably bought the Sail UV/A, a small probability but nevertheless it was on my mind.
I faced the exact same issue when I requested for a extended test drive for Ford Fiesta(Previous Gen). Lathangi Ford - BG Road took around 15 days and it required multiple follow-up with the Chennai Ford office for a extended test drive. By the time they came for a test drive, I totally lost the interest and started wondering about their post-sale response. They definitely lost a customer in me because I had almost decided on Fiesta and test drive was just a formality.

Last edited by arun_josie : 2nd March 2013 at 08:28.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 15:47   #30
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the new Ritz, Aditya! Wishing you miles of happy & safe drives.
Thanks for sharing your intial driving experience and the shortlisting, purchase process, looking forward to your detailed ownership experiences going forward.

I wasn't a fan of the Ritz either when it was introduced but I kind of like it now after seeing the car up close with a few friends.
The colour is great, looks more greyish than blue though and nice pic of your son in the boot, looks very innocent
Liked the Carbon Fibre on the B pillars and the positioning of TBHP stickers as well

Triggered some nostalgia - our first car an Omni was from Mandovi Motors back in the early 90's, your Esteem's pictures also brought back memories of my Esteem which I owned from1998, sold in 2004 and I bought an Indica next so went from Sedan to Hatch like you, but well not really a hot hatch like the Ritz!

Last edited by NPV : 2nd March 2013 at 15:58.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks