Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 18:55   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

What are the specifications of the H8 Bulbs that you have put on? Am mightily impressed with the fog lamps but 2200 seems to be a bit of an overkill for a poor guy like me :(
I thought 2.5k was for all 4 bulbs .
Anyways , Maheshji , if you want you can have HID for 1.5k . I have them in fog lamps for last 8 months and they are working perfectly fine .

Quote:
Thought that Maruti suggests 36 for the front and 33 for the rear?

)
That's for vdi , and for ZXi or Zdi with 185 section tyre that will be less for sure .

Cheers
Old 8th May 2013, 19:10   #137
Senior - BHPian

re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Anyways , Maheshji , if you want you can have HID for 1.5k . I have them in fog lamps for last 8 months and they are working perfectly fine .
Is that a typo? 1.5k or 11.5k? Osram has a HID kit for 11.5k which our 'poor' Mahesh () can definitely explore. It will match the light output with his mighty FZ-1.
Old 8th May 2013, 19:34   #138
Senior - BHPian

Hey Aditya, nice to see you munching miles on the Ritz like you do on the Ninja.
The Ritz is a fantastic car and brilliant value for money, when I had the TD wifey couldnt believe it was a diesel.
Good info on the bulbs man, I also went diesel last month preworshipped route though and was looking at changing the bulbs to nightbreakers.

Hope to see the Ritzy soon sometime in person
Old 8th May 2013, 19:57   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The bulbs are the same specs as stock. 12v 55/60w.
Thanks Aditya, so even the fog lights are 12v 55/60W?

Am more keen on the fog lights as I have a reliable current setup. Running 130/100 on the headlights, primarily because the reflectors have begun to fade. What more can I expect from a 64 Month young car

Interesting to read about the air pressure.
Old 8th May 2013, 22:18   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Aditya, nice to see you munching miles on the Ritz like you do on the Ninja.
The Ritz is a fantastic car and brilliant value for money, when I had the TD wifey couldnt believe it was a diesel.
Good info on the bulbs man, I also went diesel last month preworshipped route though and was looking at changing the bulbs to nightbreakers.

Hope to see the Ritzy soon sometime in person
Sorry for OT on Aditya's thread.

The stock ones with the low beam, high beam and the fog lamps provide sufficient lighting even with the stock bulbs. Any uprated bulbs will only make it better.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 23:16   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is that a typo? 1.5k or 11.5k? Osram has a HID kit for 11.5k which our 'poor' Mahesh () can definitely explore. It will match the light output with his mighty FZ-1.
No typo here , I got it for $29 from eBay with free shipping .
Yes, it took long time to arrive :-)
Absolutely value for money .

Cheers
Old 12th May 2013, 22:52   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Am mightily impressed with the fog lamps but 2200 seems to be a bit of an overkill for a poor guy like me :(

Thought that Maruti suggests 36 for the front and 33 for the rear? Can you please check with the sticker on the door panel and confirm?

Just for my understanding as for my Swift I put 36 for the front & 33 for the rear. (do not see much of a difference between the Swift & Ritz as they are nearly identical with their body weights except that Ritz is a bit more taller)
Mahesh Sir, you almost have a showroom at your home

Regarding tyre pressure, the sticker shows different values for ZDi and VDi, it might be because of ABS.
Old 13th May 2013, 11:02   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
No typo here , I got it for $29 from eBay with free shipping .
Cheers
This makes a lot of sense and when you say HID hopefully it is not blue colored?
Thanks for the update on the tire pressure Choudhury Saab, looks like am over filling at 36 & 33 for my 185 Section tires. Must switch over to 32 and 29 to observe the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfordriving View Post
Mahesh Sir, you almost have a showroom at your home

Regarding tyre pressure, the sticker shows different values for ZDi and VDi, it might be because of ABS.
Thanks for the compliment Kalpajjwal, Still a long way to go before i can say that my garage is full. Never been content in life eh!!!

Regarding the tire pressure am not quite sure if ABS has got any relation to tire pressure. Probably the Tire Pundits Like Nikhil can comment on it.
Old 21st May 2013, 09:13   #144
Senior - BHPian

Got the 2nd free inspection @ 5000 kms completed over the weekend.

The car had crossed 5600 kms but the service folks did not make an issue about the extra miles.

The gearbox feels a lot smoother now and less notchy.

I observed that the wipers are way too noisy after driving in yesterday's rain. Will change the blades to better quality ones (bosch) soon.

I managed to get the driving position (seat adjustment) just right so my ankles don't hurt now.

No other issues observed. Completely satisfied with the Ritz and happy with my purchase.

On early morning drives to work, i roll the driver side window down to hear the turbo whine and the blow off. Addictive !!!
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 19:26   #145
Senior - BHPian

Last week I noticed an ugly scratch on the RHS rear door panel. Apparently a bike that was squeezed in between my car and another car (at office parking where this kind of parking in not allowed) caused this scratch.

I was heart broken and livid. Despite many notices posted on the pillars these idiots and morons still squeeze their bikes between our cars and end up damaging our prized property.

My mood was down in the pits.

I would have cursed my luck if this was in a public place but this was in my office, i expected better, hoping the average IT joe to have some common sense and consideration for other employees and of course, follow the rules.

But it wasn't.

The damage was done:

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130517-18.05.09.jpg

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130517-18.05.47.jpg

I called Sidhu @ 3M HSR and explained the situation and the damage. Made an appointment to have the car looked at and the damage attended to.

And after a visit to Sidhu :

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130522-10.46.35.jpg

Excellent work in my honest opinion.

Mr. Sidhu also was kind enough to replace the damaged PPF film with the 3M PPF.

Here it is with the new 3M PPF film:

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130522-11.27.11.jpg

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130522-11.27.42.jpg

The car was washed and waxed with Meguiars NXT Tech Wax, all windows/glasses were clayed to remove impurities and water spots.

Also debadged the boot lid of the Maruti Suzuki decals and the RITZ decal. Retained the ZDi decal though. I forgot to take pics of the debadged look. Will do so tomorrow and post.

P.S. All pics are shot from my cellphone.

I also had the pleasure of meeting SBR and his new Ritz (same color shade) and friendly mod Jaggu at the 3M store.

BIG thanks to Sidhu (can't seem to thank you enough sir, i'm amazed at the results) for the excellent work on my car and for his usual friendly and warm approach.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd May 2013 at 19:30.
n_aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 20:15   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Last week I noticed an ugly scratch on the RHS rear door panel. Apparently a bike that was squeezed in between my car and another car (at office parking where this kind of parking in not allowed) caused this scratch.

I was heart broken and livid. Despite many notices posted on the pillars these idiots and morons still squeeze their bikes between our cars and end up damaging our prized property.
Good Job Done Aditya.. I know how it feels when someone does that to our Cars. Same things happened to me couple of weeks back on my way to office on Hosur raod. The guy went ahead even with the signals down and dashed onto my right fender.. Went away with that moronic look.
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:45   #147
Senior - BHPian

A couple of pics with the de-badged look:

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130525-11.29.00.jpg

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130525-11.29.12.jpg
n_aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:49   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It looks superb now with the debadged look . Me thinks a meaty chrome exhaust tip will further enhance the butch look at the back . I suppose you are using the car for daily office commute nowadays. How far has the odometer reading gone now?

Last edited by KarthikK : 3rd June 2013 at 16:55.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:56   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
It looks superb now with the debadged look . Me thinks a meaty chrome exhaust tip will further enhance the butch look at the back . I suppose you are using the car for daily office commute nowadays. How far has the odometer reading gone now?
I've been trying to decide since morning whether I like the de-badged look or the stock look!!

The MJD has plenty soot in exhaust. The chrome muffler tip would need regular cleanup / de-carbonizing to keep it noticeable...
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:03   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I observed that the wipers are way too noisy after driving in yesterday's rain. Will change the blades to better quality ones (bosch) soon.
Aditya,
Heard that many stores now stock the sparco as well. Sandeep has also put sparco in his car, probably you want to check with him before taking the plunge. After trying Bosch, I reverted to company specs since I keep changing blades every alternate year before the monsoon. Goes a long way in
keeping my glass clean and tidy. Could not make out much of a difference between the originals and Bosch as I found them equally noisy.

Quote:
My mood was down in the pits.

Also debadged the boot lid of the Maruti Suzuki decals and the RITZ decal. Retained the ZDi decal though. I forgot to take pics of the debadged look. Will do so tomorrow and post.
Well buddie these things happen, and it does not matter if the people work in IT company or not. Do not have the notion that IT Laborers are better off, I find them much worse than the people from other industries. Again my personal opinion

Quote:
Suggest you to take off the ZDI. Only the ABS Sticker will give it a better look

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks