Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2013, 11:15   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I suppose you are using the car for daily office commute nowadays. How far has the odometer reading gone now?
I've been using the car for daily commute since it was bought, Karthik

The odo currently reads 6000 odd kms (approx. 3.5 months).
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 23:05   #152
BHPian

Hello n_Aditya,
Heartiest congratulations on your new car. Belated wishes! This detailed review about your Ritz was really useful to help me book one (of the same color and variant) today. Thanks for such detailed illustrations. I had a vehicle test drive last week but found that the fuel consumption displayed is in Litres /100 km. It did not show the absolute value as it did in your case. Can you please let me know what is the setting to get the absolute mileage? Thanks

Regards,
Sanket
Wagon R Rocks! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 09:44   #153
BHPian

Hello Friends,
As mentioned in my earlier post, I've booked a Ritz ZDi (Breeze Blue). But the dealer in Pune (Sehgal Autoriders) says that Breeze Blue is extremely limited in production these days and hence I may have to change my color choice. I also enquired about this color at other showrooms but the reply is more or less the same. Did anybody get similar experience while booking this color? Please let me know.
Thanks.

Sanket
Old 28th June 2013, 17:14   #154
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Got the 2nd free inspection @ 5000 kms completed over the weekend.

The car had crossed 5600 kms but the service folks did not make an issue about the extra miles.

The gearbox feels a lot smoother now and less notchy.

I observed that the wipers are way too noisy after driving in yesterday's rain. Will change the blades to better quality ones (bosch) soon.

I managed to get the driving position (seat adjustment) just right so my ankles don't hurt now.

No other issues observed. Completely satisfied with the Ritz and happy with my purchase.

On early morning drives to work, i roll the driver side window down to hear the turbo whine and the blow off. Addictive !!!
Aditya,

did you change the oil at 5000 KMS service. If yes, can you share the details. My SA informed me that oil change will be done only at 10,000 KMS service. Can I also request for the cost details & how much you paid for it.
Old 1st July 2013, 10:53   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
Aditya,

did you change the oil at 5000 KMS service. If yes, can you share the details. My SA informed me that oil change will be done only at 10,000 KMS service. Can I also request for the cost details & how much you paid for it.
I did not change the oil at the 5k kms interval. There is no change in performance or refinement levels so will be going as per the recommended schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon R Rocks! View Post
I had a vehicle test drive last week but found that the fuel consumption displayed is in Litres /100 km. It did not show the absolute value as it did in your case. Can you please let me know what is the setting to get the absolute mileage?
This can be done very easily in the MID via the selector switch. The instructions in the manual are very simple. Do try it out and let me know if you still need more info.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st July 2013 at 10:56.
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 13:59   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
This can be done very easily in the MID via the selector switch. The instructions in the manual are very simple. Do try it out and let me know if you still need more info.

Hello n_aditya,
Thanks for your reply. Will try it for sure. I enquired about the Breeze Blue color for Ritz at the Maruti customer care centre and Pune regional office and they confirmed that this color is low in demand and would not be manufactured atleast for a couple of months. Hence, I've booked a Ritz ZDi Silky Silver. Did PDI last Saturday and would be getting it this Thursday. Very excited about it. Will keep you posted.
Thanks once again.

Regards,
Sanket

Last edited by manson : 1st July 2013 at 14:07. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 2nd July 2013, 10:04   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Hello n_Aditya,
Heartiest congratulations on your new car. Belated wishes! This detailed review about your Ritz was really useful to help me book one (of the same color and variant) today. Thanks for such detailed illustrations. I had a vehicle test drive last week but found that the fuel consumption displayed is in Litres /100 km. It did not show the absolute value as it did in your case. Can you please let me know what is the setting to get the absolute mileage? Thanks

Regards,
Sanket
Simple, after going to the avg mode, just press the mode button for few seconds and that will change to km/L.
Attached Thumbnails
Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-111111.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2013, 14:04   #158
BHPian

Belated Wishes Aditya sir.

Question - Is it possible to get the Front seat with height adjustment mechanism present in ZDi variant swapped onto VDi variant too? Do any of the MASS workshops in Bangalore/Chennai undertake such work?
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:56   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Belated Wishes Aditya sir.

Question - Is it possible to get the Front seat with height adjustment mechanism present in ZDi variant swapped onto VDi variant too? Do any of the MASS workshops in Bangalore/Chennai undertake such work?
I guess the whole front seat must be changed and the seat from a ZXi/ZDi can be put.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:05   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did PDI last Saturday and would be getting it this Thursday. Very excited about it.
Congratulations Sir and wishing you many happy miles with your new Ritz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Not sure if such a modification can be done. But like Anurag has mentioned you might have to install a new seat altogether from the ZDi model. Do check with the MASS folks and keep us posted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a trip to Pondicherry last week as I had to attend a wedding. The route we took was Blore > Krishnagiri > Chengam > Thiruvannamalai > Gingee > Tindivanam > Pondicherry.

The roads were horrible for most of the journey and only on some stretches it was smooth, otherwise it was all gravel and broken.

My Ritz however performed flawlessly and on these broken stretches it absorbed the bumps and undulations pretty well.

This was clicked on the return leg of the journey:

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130627-16.19.31.jpg

The odo now reads around 7.5k kms in around 4 months of ownership.

I also changed the parking lamp bulbs from the dull yellow to LED's. They are white and look great at night. Cost me 500 odd bucks and picked them up at Thoqueer's shop in Koramangala. They come with a 6 month warranty. Will post pics of the bulbs when lit and its packaging in a day or so.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:30   #161
Senior - BHPian

Aditya,
Thought that the roads were rebuilt, has it not been completed still? What was the time you took?

By the way you are logging the kms, appears that your Ninja is now red with envy as I believe she might be sidelined.
Old 3rd July 2013, 12:06   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Thought that the roads were rebuilt, has it not been completed still? What was the time you took?
Only few stretches had fresh layer of tarmac while most of the roads were broken with deviations and barricades put up for "invisible" road work.

Took me around 8 hours i guess. We left at 11am and reached Pondi at around 6.30 pm.

Yes, the ninja has been idle for a long time now. Been neck deep with work and weekends are busy as well with work related stuff, so I hardly find time to ride.
Old 6th July 2013, 10:08   #163
BHPian

Congrats on your car Aditya. We're booking Ritz ZXI on Monday for my fiance. I've been speaking with SAs at Bimal and Leo. Bimal guys have offered a better deal than Leo.

1. Accessories waived off
2. UV Coating
3. Free car cover
4. He said he'll knock off 1K from Incidental charge
5. 20K consumer Promo + 3K corporate discount

Is this a good deal? Can some other showroom better it? Also, I needed to know if I can save some more by not taking the insurance from these guys. This will be my fiance's first car. And well, I've never bought a new car. So can you give out some pointers for what all should I do and check (apart from PDI check-list)? Is underbody coating more advisable than UV Coating? My gift to my Fiance will be 20K worth of accessories (ICE, Horn, Lamp etc) so what all can 20K buy?

So please pitch in people. Monday is the day!
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 10:18   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Congrats on your car Aditya. We're booking Ritz ZXI on Monday for my fiance. I've been speaking with SAs at Bimal and Leo. Bimal guys have offered a better deal than Leo.

1. Accessories waived off
2. UV Coating
3. Free car cover
4. He said he'll knock off 1K from Incidental charge
5. 20K consumer Promo + 3K corporate discount

Is this a good deal? Can some other showroom better it? Also, I needed to know if I can save some more by not taking the insurance from these guys. This will be my fiance's first car. And well, I've never bought a new car. So can you give out some pointers for what all should I do and check (apart from PDI check-list)? Is underbody coating more advisable than UV Coating? My gift to my Fiance will be 20K worth of accessories (ICE, Horn, Lamp etc) so what all can 20K buy?

So please pitch in people. Monday is the day!
It seems to be a good deal. I have my PDI scheduled today for ZXI at Mandovi, CoxTown. I couldn't even get the free car cover.
Check with Pratham as the website says consumer promotion of 25K and try to bargain with Bimal.
ZXI has ICE already. Planning for something better ?
Me too looking for some help in PDI.

Last edited by hector : 6th July 2013 at 10:27. Reason: updated address, spelling.
Old 6th July 2013, 11:11   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post

It seems to be a good deal. I have my PDI scheduled today for ZXI at Mandovi, CoxTown. I couldn't even get the free car cover.
Check with Pratham as the website says consumer promotion of 25K and try to bargain with Bimal.
ZXI has ICE already. Planning for something better ?
Me too looking for some help in PDI.
Mandovi, Cox Town didn't offer me anything apart from 20k CP + 2K corp discount. Pratham also offered the same + 1K reduction in accesories. A friend has a Old gen ritz zxi and he is not happy with stock ICE, so yeah...planning for something better. Don't know if they still have the old gen ICE. What time is your PDI? I can drop in, if I get free from work (yep, working weekend) but I must say that I haven't done it before. :P
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed