Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2013, 11:05   #181
BHPian

re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I cant say a no to this point.

I have been driving the WagonR from 6th August, 2006 till 16th December, 2010. All the features in the WagonR VXi were more than sufficient for an average user and I still say the most comfortable car for any journey be it any roads (Yes! Skinny tyres and heavy body roll but not that I'm going to take it for a track day).

Migrated to the Ritz and found the same attachment that I used to have with my WagonR but funny part was lack of a few features like Electrical ORVM, day and night mirror). I always wished for a 1L or a 1.1L diesel engine with a fatter tyres and there you go an ideal family car but that dream is still a dream.

Only feature that I miss my Ritz is Rear wash and wipe.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Migrated to the Ritz and found the same attachment that I used to have with my WagonR but funny part was lack of a few features like Electrical ORVM, day and night mirror). I always wished for a 1L or a 1.1L diesel engine with a fatter tyres and there you go an ideal family car but that dream is still a dream.
Since I had a VXi, electrical ORVMs and Rear wipe and Wash were a part of standard fitment. Rear wipe and wash is one of the most important feature and a "must have" during rains!
Old 30th July 2013, 14:57   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon R Rocks! View Post
Since I had a VXi, electrical ORVMs and Rear wipe and Wash were a part of standard fitment. Rear wipe and wash is one of the most important feature and a "must have" during rains!
Sorry guys,
There was an error while posting the above quote. Some Ctrl C+Ctrl V error.
Corrected post is as given below:
I have been driving my Wagon R VXi (with the new K10 engine) since almost 2.5 yrs. (from 22nd October 2010 to 30th June 2013). I had upsized my tyres from std. 155/65 R14 Goodyear to 165/65 R14 Goodyear and that was a huuuge bonus!
Electrical ORVMs and Rear wipe and Wash were a part of standard fitment for VXi. And I agree with you that Rear wipe and wash is one of the most important feature and a "must have" during rains!
Old 5th August 2013, 13:07   #183
Senior - BHPian

Drove down to Chennai for the weekend on a personal trip.

This is what my Ritz delivered:

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130801-17.35.26.jpg

On another note, i observed that the rear right tire was losing pressure every 2-3 weeks. Top it up and in around 2 weeks it would go down to 50%. Checked for punctures a number of times and found nothing. Last month, i changed the valve pin just to be safe but apparently this did not work too.

Today morning i went to Madhus on Langford road again and when the tire was submerged in water, we noticed a small leak on the sidewall of the tire.

The tire may have got damaged when i drove to Pondy last month since the roads were, well, pretty non existent and strewn with potholes, gravel and stones.

Inserted a tube and kept this tire as a spare. The brand new spare is now on full time duty.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 14:35   #184
Senior - BHPian

@n_aditya, can you please post a picture of the recommended pressure setting for the tire in the zdi?
Old 17th August 2013, 14:10   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I bought the Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs in the stock rating from a distributor in Wilson Garden, Blore. I bought a set of headlight bulbs (H4) and a set of fog lamp bulbs (H8) and these cost me 2200 bucks. Got these installed at the Mandovi Motors service center in the same area for 50 bucks.
Hi Aditya,

I too own the 2009 model Ritz VDI. After seeing your post decided to upgrade to Osram NB+ H4 for Headlight.

You have mentioned you got H8 for fog from same make. Can you please tell me if this is just H8 or does it come something like Osram H8 NB+.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th August 2013 at 09:18. Reason: quoted text shortened.
Old 19th August 2013, 09:20   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan View Post
You have mentioned you got H8 for fog from same make. Can you please tell me if this is just H8 or does it come something like Osram H8 NB+.
H4, H8, etc. are socket/holder designs. You can ask for Osram Nightbreaker Plus in H8 as that will fit your car.
Old 21st August 2013, 10:06   #187
Senior - BHPian

I tanked up last evening and checked the FE by the tankful to tankful method and not by the MID indication which I usually go by... and boy, was I pleasantly surprised.

My Ritz delivered an amazing FE of 18.2kmpl. I have only driven within the city limits after the last tankful and now with the weather being pleasant i only use the a/c in the evenings, on my way back home from work.

The odo now reads 9400 kms in approx. 6 months (she will be 6 months tomorrow ) and will go in for her 3rd free service next month.

Any idea of the cost of service at the 10,000 kms or III free service interval? I reckon they will change the oil now so how much would the cost of consumables and spares (oil filter, etc.) amount to? Will stick to mineral and switch to synthetic at 20k kms interval. I have not changed the oil in the car as yet and there is no dip in performance either.

Also do they change the air filter at the III service interval? If not, how frequently do you suggest I change the air filter element?

Edit: The LHS fog lamp bulb (Osram NB+) fused last week in just 4 months of use. I called the distributor as he has mentioned 6 months warranty. He said that a replacement can be given if the bulb has fused due to a mfg defect - if the contacts are whitish. If the contacts are yellow then it is an electrical overload causing the filament to burn off. Had no time to check this, so will hopefully check the condition of the bulb in a week or two and update here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
@n_aditya, can you please post a picture of the recommended pressure setting for the tire in the zdi?
Sure Govi. Just saw your post so will post a pic for you at the earliest.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st August 2013 at 10:09.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 11:03   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Drove down to Chennai for the weekend on a personal trip.

This is what my Ritz delivered:
How is it that you are getting the Average in Km/L? My Ritz VXi is showing the average in L/100Km.
Old 21st August 2013, 11:34   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Any idea of the cost of service at the 10,000 kms or III free service interval? I reckon they will change the oil now so how much would the cost of consumables and spares (oil filter, etc.) amount to? Will stick to mineral and switch to synthetic at 20k kms interval. I have not changed the oil in the car as yet and there is no dip in performance either.
Expect the service to be costing you around 3-4K (incl oil change and air filter change)

Use mineral oil and then change to synthetic after 20K kms.

Quote:
Also do they change the air filter at the III service interval? If not, how frequently do you suggest I change the air filter element?
Get it changed now Adi. I change the filter every 10K kms and clean with high pressure jet of air every 2K kms.

Quote:
Edit: The LHS fog lamp bulb (Osram NB+) fused last week in just 4 months of use. I called the distributor as he has mentioned 6 months warranty. He said that a replacement can be given if the bulb has fused due to a mfg defect - if the contacts are whitish. If the contacts are yellow then it is an electrical overload causing the filament to burn off. Had no time to check this, so will hopefully check the condition of the bulb in a week or two and update here.
We are on the same boat. Even my cars left side high beam fused within 3 months of usage. Didn't feel like spending 1K on the bulbs again so reverted to OEM bulbs. They have not fused even once till date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
How is it that you are getting the Average in Km/L? My Ritz VXi is showing the average in L/100Km.
You can change the view from L/100 Km to Km/L. You just need to go to that Mode and press the Mode knob for around 3 seconds. It will change to Km/L.

Cheers,
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st August 2013 at 11:41.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 21:00   #190
BANNED

Quote:
Did you try the conversion on your car? I don't understand why manufacturers set it on L/100 km which we don't use rather give the apt on of Km/L.

Anurag.
Old 22nd August 2013, 09:56   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Did you try the conversion on your car? I don't understand why manufacturers set it on L/100 km which we don't use rather give the apt on of Km/L.

Anurag.
Not working. When I press the mode button for some time, the counter is reset to --:--
Let me see if there is something in the owner's manual.
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:24   #192
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Aditya,

I just got the 3rd Free Service Done for my Ritz VDI last week.
The Total Bill came to 2750/- which includes Semi-Synthetic Oil and Oil Filter Change and an A/C Filter.

Approximate Cost Breakup as below:

Mobile 1 5W 40 Semi Synthetic Oil - ~1700 /-
Oil Filter - ~ 350 /-
A/C Filter - ~ 300 /-

They do not change the Air Filter at 10 K Kms. It is scheduled for change at 20 K Kms.
Hope this helps. Thanks.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:44   #193
BANNED

Quote:

Not working. When I press the mode button for some time, the counter is reset to --:--
At what time are you holding the button fir it to reset like that? I guesd you are holding it while it displays kms clocked. Try it in while displaying the mileage.

Just a doubt.

Anurag.
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:37   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tanked up last evening and checked the FE by the tankful to tankful method and not by the MID indication

My Ritz delivered an amazing FE of 18.2kmpl.

Any idea of the cost of service at the 10,000 kms or III free service interval?
Nice to read that you are tiding along well with your Ritz. 9400 in 6 months is pretty decent mileage for a diesel car.

Always ensure to check the mileage by tankful to tankful method. The MID is always crap and is highly erratic.

Regarding the service suppose you use Synthetic Oil? Thought Synthetic oil last for a good 15000 kms unlike the Semi Synthetic which require a change at 5000 Kms.
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:07   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
The average is always displayed in kmpl.

What you are referring to is real time FE when the car is in motion. This L/100 mode is one step prior to avg FE mode (displayed as avg on the MID). Only in the real time FE mode you can switch to kmpl. In your case, hold the menu button pressed and it will switch to kmpl.

Below is the sequence with each press of the menu button, assuming you are starting from the default position (odo displaying total no. of kms clocked)

1 - Total mileage clocked - odo reading

2 - Trip A (keep button depressed to reset the trip clock)

3 - Trip B (keep button depressed to reset the trip clock)

4 - Real time FE (keep button depressed to switch between L/100 and kmpl)

5 - Average FE - display on the MID will show AVG (keep button depressed to reset the counter)

6 - Distance to empty

7 - Brightness of the MID (keep button depressed to change the brightness of the MID)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Regarding the service suppose you use Synthetic Oil? Thought Synthetic oil last for a good 15000 kms unlike the Semi Synthetic which require a change at 5000 Kms.
Still on mineral oil, Mahesh. Will switch to FS oil at 20,000 kms.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd August 2013 at 15:08.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed