Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 16:02   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Still on mineral oil, Mahesh. Will switch to FS oil at 20,000 kms.
Dude,
Are you sure its mineral oil? Thought that MS these days are out with FS oil wonly!!!
Old 22nd August 2013, 16:43   #197
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

Dude,
Are you sure its mineral oil? Thought that MS these days are out with FS oil wonly!!!
Exactly. New engines from Maruti sorry synthetic oil from factory. This is what I am told over here at MASS.

Anurag.
Old 23rd August 2013, 08:21   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Exactly. New engines from Maruti sorry synthetic oil from factory. This is what I am told over here at MASS.
Well I asked the service manager at Mandovi Vijayanagar and he said it's filled with mineral from the factory but he was not 100% sure. So my assumption is that it is mineral. Will change the oil to whatever their regular process is and switch to FS later at 20k. Shell bunks do an oil change at their facility so will get the switch done at Shell in the future.
Old 23rd August 2013, 13:26   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So my assumption is that it is mineral.
How much did you pay for the oil? through that you can better guesstimate what oil actually went in
Old 23rd August 2013, 13:36   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much did you pay for the oil? through that you can better guesstimate what oil actually went in
No clue since I haven't changed the oil yet. Still running on the same oil that was filled at the factory.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 17:02   #201
SBR
BHPian

Aditya,

you have been clocking miles like never before. One of the fastest 10,000 KMS I guess. Did you give the car for the III service in MASS.

Keep us posted on the costs as well .
SBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 18:16   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
Did you give the car for the III service in MASS.

Keep us posted on the costs as well .
The odo is currently at 9800 kms and I'm traveling on business next week (car will be idle) so the car will go for its III service in the first week of Sep.

Will post the detailed cost break-up here. Thanks!
Old 26th August 2013, 10:03   #203
BHPian

Quote:

You can change the view from L/100 Km to Km/L. You just need to go to that Mode and press the Mode knob for around 3 seconds. It will change to Km/L.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Quote:
At what time are you holding the button fir it to reset like that? I guesd you are holding it while it displays kms clocked. Try it in while displaying the mileage.

Just a doubt.

Anurag.

Quote:
The average is always displayed in kmpl.

What you are referring to is real time FE when the car is in motion. This L/100 mode is one step prior to avg FE mode (displayed as avg on the MID). Only in the real time FE mode you can switch to kmpl. In your case, hold the menu button pressed and it will switch to kmpl.

4 - Real time FE (keep button depressed to switch between L/100 and kmpl)

5 - Average FE - display on the MID will show AVG (keep button depressed to reset the counter)

Thanks, Aditya. It worked.

To change the display to kmpl or L/100km, the mode button should be pressed for 2seconds while instantaneous FE is being displayed.
When you do this, both the instantaneous FE as well as Average will be displayed in kmpl.

Last edited by sanjaykk : 26th August 2013 at 10:05.
Old 28th August 2013, 11:31   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
@n_aditya, can you please post a picture of the recommended pressure setting for the tire in the zdi?
Here you go, Sir

ZDi comes with 185/70/R14 tires.

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130824-11.06.55.jpg
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 15:00   #205
Senior - BHPian

Was traveling on work whole of last week so the car got some much deserved rest.

Crossed the 10,000 kms milestone today

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130902-07.19.32.jpg

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130902-07.23.02.jpg

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130902-07.30.37.jpg

The car will go in for the III free service this weekend. I'm not confident of leaving the car over with more than half a tank of diesel in it.

Will update the service costs when she is back.

No issues to report so far and she has been performing brilliantly as expected.
Old 5th September 2013, 18:43   #206
BHPian

Quote:

Crossed the 10,000 kms milestone today
Congrats on the 10k mark Adithya!

I am waiting for my ZXi (choclate) to be delivered. We did think about ZDi but my daily run being low decided on ZXi.

I have driven my b-i-law's Ritz and had an ankle pain. My sister had a serious knee pain after driving Ritz (could also be cos of heavy clutch or knee problem though). Anyway, doc advised not to drive. My b-i-law is fine though. You mentioned that can be managed by adjusting seat height. Did you increase the height or decrease?

Did you try to get a hand-rest installed for the driver's seat? Also, did you think/come across a after market foot-rest installation next to the clutch?
BusyBoyKK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 18:51   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Did you increase the height or decrease?

Did you try to get a hand-rest installed for the driver's seat? Also, did you think/come across a after market foot-rest installation next to the clutch?
I've pushed the seat back and increased the seat height so i'm using the balls of my feet to depress the pedals. No more ankle pain and very sure-footed on the pedals as well.

I'd love to get an arm rest installed between the front two seats. No idea where i can source them from as yet. Not even asked around Will search a bit and if i find them, will install it and update here.

Regarding a dead pedal installation, i find it comfy enough to rest my left foot flat on the floor in between gear changes and on the highways, i place it in the small open space next to the clutch pedal. I have size 8 feet so no issues
Old 5th September 2013, 19:08   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Regarding a dead pedal installation, i find it comfy enough to rest my left foot flat on the floor in between gear changes and on the highways, i place it in the small open space next to the clutch pedal. I have size 8 feet so no issues
The part of the floor next to the clutch pedal is angled in such a way it feels like a natural dead pedal.

Till date I have never felt the need of a dead pedal as the position and angle is very comfortable for city usage and highways.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 16:43   #209
Senior - BHPian

Got the Ritz serviced over the weekend (III Free Service @ 10,000 kms).

I got the engine oil and oil filter changed at the dealer service station as usual (Mandovi Motors, Vijayanagar).

I had a faint humming sound from the front wheels when the brakes were applied. This was noticeable only at crawling speeds (bumper to bumper traffic) while applying brakes.

Got the brakes cleaned and the sound has disappeared.

There was also some minor juddering in the wipers and turned out the wiper arm had a minor bend. This was evident from day-1 but got it rectified during this service. Some minor rattles inside the cabin were noticed and this was corrected as well.

The total cost of service including oil change with oil filter cost me Rs. 1240/-.

I also got the wheels aligned and balanced at Madhus in the evening and it cost me around 700 bucks inclusive of cost of weights, etc.

I opted for the Road Force balancing technology which tests the tire stiffness and suggests how the wheels should be rotated (the machine suggests which wheel goes where after balancing is done). Costs 100 bucks per wheel (normal balancing is 50 bucks per wheel). Thanks to Nikhil for providing the appointment on short notice.

The next service is due at 15,000 kms. Any idea what they do in a paid service (and what the costs are) considering all the 3 free services are over?
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 17:06   #210
BANNED

Quote:
Got the Ritz serviced over the weekend (III Free Service @ 10,000 kms).

The total cost of service including oil change with oil filter cost me Rs. 1240/-.
Good going Aditya!

That means you are filling in mineral oil for the engine. I guess you are planning synthetic after 20K kms. Right?!

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks