Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 09:34   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good going Aditya!

That means you are filling in mineral oil for the engine. I guess you are planning synthetic after 20K kms. Right?!

Anurag.
Yes Anurag. I was asked to switch to Synthetic but will do so at the 20,000 kms mark.

Would you know what are the service costs now onwards for every 5k kms? What are the job's done in a paid service?
Old 15th September 2013, 12:33   #212
BANNED

Changed my engine oil at 5K because my ZDi was driven though very bad roads with frequent gear-shifts.

Cost for MGD0(5W40) - Castrol(3.1 L) = Rs.1692

A.S.S told it was semi-synthetic and only semi-synthetic are allowed for new Ritzs, although I asked for mineral oil.
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 09:53   #213
Senior - BHPian

This last Saturday was a compensatory working day for us to make up for a long holiday during the Independence Day week, last month.

So on my way back home, i instinctively called Sidhu at 3M (HSR layout) if he was free to attend to my car for a bit. I was thinking of getting a CF wrap job for sometime and thankfully Sidhu and his team was free.

After a nice wash and wax job, the team at 3M delivered their best as usual.

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130914-18.58.21.jpg

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130914-19.22.09.jpg

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20130914-18.53.46.jpg

I got the front grill wrapped and the Suzuki badge at the rear wrapped as well.

But somehow the rear badge wrap was looking out of place so peeled off the CF wrap.

The front looks brilliant IMO. The Suzuki badge at the rear is back to stock (chrome finish) as earlier.

Once again, BIG thanks to Sidhu for his superb attention to detail and flawless customer centric attitude.

Edit - Met Autocrat at 3M and we spent quite some time chatting away. It was nice meeting you Sir.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th September 2013 at 10:01.
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 17:46   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Earlier, the fog lamps were hardly of any use and functioned more like a set of DRL's but after the bulb switch/upgrade, i must say that the fog's are super bright and i don't need the headlights in the city at all. Not even the low beam.
Hello Aditya sir, I recently upgraded the headlights from Philips 100/90 to Philips 6000K HIDs and stock fog lamps to Osram Cool Blue 55W bulbs. Still I don't find them adequate. Is this due to the seating position? Mine is a Ritz VDi ABS model that doesn't have seat height adjustment. I am pretty much used to this function in the Fiesta 1.6. Do you think fixing new seats would solve this issue?
Old 16th September 2013, 18:02   #215
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I am pretty much used to this function in the Fiesta 1.6. Do you think fixing new seats would solve this issue?
'Sankar' has installed the 'Z' variants seats in his V model for the height adjustment. You can also do the same for your car since you need that feature.

Here is the link to that thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3168381

Anurag.
Old 19th September 2013, 11:37   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Aditya sir, I recently upgraded the headlights from Philips 100/90 to Philips 6000K HIDs and stock fog lamps to Osram Cool Blue 55W bulbs. Still I don't find them adequate. Is this due to the seating position? Mine is a Ritz VDi ABS model that doesn't have seat height adjustment. I am pretty much used to this function in the Fiesta 1.6. Do you think fixing new seats would solve this issue?
Hello Prodigy7,
Recently, I changed my Ritz ZDi's stock headlights to Philips Extremevision 55/60. Eventhough I upgraded to Extremevision, I was still having issues w.r.t. visibility despite the fact that it had atleast improved but the improvement was very minor. Then tried to sort out this issue by changing the headlight adjuestment switch. Initially, it was at "zero" and I changed it to "1" and wow!! This was the sweet spot for my Ritz headlights. Maybe you can try the same.
Thanks.
Wagon R Rocks! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 18:19   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not a bulb issue but has to do with bright lights from the oncoming vehicles.

I face this issue in the city too but have no such problems on the highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon R Rocks! View Post
Then tried to sort out this issue by changing the headlight adjuestment switch. Initially, it was at "zero" and I changed it to "1" and wow!! This was the sweet spot for my Ritz headlights. Maybe you can try the same.
I have the headlights set to this position as well and works well for me.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 13:22   #218
BHPian

Quote:
H4, H8, etc. are socket/holder designs. You can ask for Osram Nightbreaker Plus in H8 as that will fit your car.
Hi Aditya, thanks for the response. Got the H4 and I can feel the difference.

Still yet to get the H8 version. The patel motors at GST Road, Chennai has only ordinary Osram H8.

By the way it was very difficult to put the H4 on the LH headlight with the battery in the way. Guess Suzuki should have designed the location of battery better.
For the people who are on long drive and have to replace the bulbs, it would be very difficult.
Old 30th September 2013, 12:00   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan View Post
Hi Aditya, thanks for the response. Got the H4 and I can feel the difference.By the way it was very difficult to put the H4 on the LH headlight with the battery in the way. Guess Suzuki should have designed the location of battery better.
Glad i was of some help

Yes, it is cumbersome to change the LHS headlight bulb with the battery in the way. One would need a great deal of patience and probably a pair of small hands to squeeze into the gaps to fit the bulb.

BTW, my LHS fog lamp bulb went kaput a few weeks back and I couldn't find the time to buy a replacement bulb until this last weekend.

Stopped over at JC road and picked up a single piece of Philips XtremeVision H8 bulb for the fog lamp. But couldn't get the time to have it fixed, will probably get it done this week.

It cost me close to 600 bucks for one bulb, a tad higher compared to the Osram. This one has a yellow tinge to it while Osram is whiter.
Old 30th September 2013, 22:44   #220
BHPian

Hello n_aditya,
Got some decals/ graphics for my car (from autographics) during last weekend and now my baby looks too good! Just have a look. Hope you like it.
Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-dsc_0212.jpg

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-dsc_0265.jpg

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-dsc_0284.jpg
Old 18th October 2013, 10:19   #221
BHPian

Hello,
I started getting a weird noise from my turbo (on my Ritz ZDi) once it kicks in after 2000 rpm. The noise is similar to a whining noise but I am not sure about it. It only comes when my car is in motion. Generally, I drive alone and hence my car is not loaded except for the sub-woofer and amp. I have read many similar threads on T-bhp earlier about wheel bearing failures as a root cause for this issue. I have clocked 7000 kms in 3.5 months and use my vehicle only during weekends. Also, the noise is absent in higher gears (4 and 5) when you are normally in the 2k rpm band but is significant only in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears (the noise level gets transient as you upshift). Has anybody encountered a similar problem on their Ritz? Please let me know.
Sorry for posting this comment in this section as I am not aware where can this post go. Thanks.
Old 18th October 2013, 19:20   #222
BHPian

Adithya, Congratulations on the Ritz ZDI (please dont laugh - I know it has completed 10K Km and IIIrd service is over, but this was long pending from me ).

Actually I was always happy to visit this thread since 'a mod' owns Ritz which is my vehicle. It is not that we did not make an informed decision, but the 'mods' are supposed to be better informed! So, I always went through the posts but never ventured to post myself. Now I have a reason to indulge.

Quote:
I had a faint humming sound from the front wheels when the brakes were applied. This was noticeable only at crawling speeds (bumper to bumper traffic) while applying brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon R Rocks! View Post
I started getting a weird noise from my turbo (on my Ritz ZDi) once it kicks in after 2000 rpm. The noise is similar to a whining noise but I am not sure about it. It only comes when my car is in motion. Generally, I drive alone and hence my car is not loaded except for the sub-woofer and amp.
Also, the noise is absent in higher gears (4 and 5) when you are normally in the 2k rpm band but is significant only in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears (the noise level gets transient as you upshift). Has anybody encountered a similar problem on their Ritz? Please let me know.

I bought Ritz LDI on 2nd Jan' 2013 and right now the ODO is at 5,600 Km. I have this problem in my vehicle from the last 4 months = the whining sound especially in 2nd and 3rd gears and that too when I do not accelerate and the clutch is not engaged.

At Varun Motors, Begumpet ASS, they simply refused to see the problem. When I met a4anurag a few days back, he drove the vehicle and said he was unable to see any problem. Finally i showed the vehicle to one good mechanic, Sai Reddy (here in Hyderabad) and he also, after a long drive, said there is absolutely no problem and attributed that sound to the Tyres.

But still I feel that sound. I dont know whether I should feel happy that there is no problem according to so many people or feel sad that no one is able to feel that sound which I do.

Any how, now, I would take the vehicle to ASS and ask them to check the brakes as in your (Adithya's) case.

Quote:
The total cost of service including oil change with oil filter cost me Rs. 1240/-.
As per advise of a4anurag (since he thinks the exhaust smoke is abnormal even at low rpm's) and my mechanic, tomorrow I am going for change of Engine Oil and cleaning of air filter. So can you kindly give me the break up of the above Rs.1,240/-?

- Sai
Old 19th October 2013, 00:18   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
I have this problem in my vehicle from the last 4 months = the whining sound especially in 2nd and 3rd gears and that too when I do not accelerate and the clutch is not engaged.
Get the brakes checked as it could be rubbing to something.

Quote:
But still I feel that sound. I dont know whether I should feel happy that there is no problem according to so many people or feel sad that no one is able to feel that sound which I do.
I am sorry that I couldn't diagnose the sound that your reporting. May be I'll have to drive it again on a road that has less traffic and noise for me to hear better.

Quote:
As per advise of a4anurag (since he thinks the exhaust smoke is abnormal even at low rpm's) and my mechanic, tomorrow I am going for change of Engine Oil and cleaning of air filter.
MASS will say that the oil change for the New Ritz D is at 10 K kms and not earlier and it not required so I say that you pressurize the SA or do the oil and air filter change outside from a known and trusted mechanic.

Anurag.
Old 19th October 2013, 12:40   #224
BHPian

Quote:
The total cost of service including oil change with oil filter cost me Rs. 1240/-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Changed my engine oil at 5K
Cost for MGD0(5W40) - Castrol(3.1 L) = Rs.1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
so I say that you pressurize the SA or do the oil and air filter change outside from a known and trusted mechanic.
Anurag.
I went to Varun Motors, Begumpet this morning and returned back due to horrible rush, with an appointment for tomorrow, 8 AM.

The price for the mineral oil (5W40) was quoted as Rs.2050/- for 3.1 Ltrs. Air Filter costs Rs. 350/-. As mithun stated, the ASS fellow says that they dont use 15W40 oil which is cheaper, for the NEW model of Ritz. Then how come they charged only Rs.1240/- for Adithya? Did they use the 15W40 Oil? Cn you kindly throw some light Adithya?

- Sai
Old 20th October 2013, 18:14   #225
BANNED

Quote:

The price for the mineral oil (5W40) was quoted as Rs.2050/- for 3.1 Ltrs. Air Filter costs Rs. 350/-.

As mithun stated, the ASS fellow says that they dont use 15W40 oil which is cheaper, for the NEW model of Ritz. Then how come they charged only Rs.1240/- for Adithya? Did they use the 15W40 Oil? Cn you kindly throw some light Adithya?

- Sai
5W40 oil that the price given to you would be semi-synthetic rather than mineral oil. For a mineral oil of 3.1L the price should not go more than Rs 1300. Please cross check with other MASS before going.

What did MASS mean by 'Cheaper oil'?! Is it cost wise or quality wise?

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks