Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 17:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna CRDI - 100,000 Kms and Beyond

Hi Drsvijay,

As far as I know, just get the routine check-up and servicing done and check with your service adviser for timing chain replacement. I do not recommend any unnecessary overhaul as your vehicle is running just fine.

Regards,
Sudeep
Old 10th October 2013, 23:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Thanks Sudeep. 65K in less than 4 years is really good running !!
Regarding the dashboard vibration, will try that out tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks
-Vivek
Hi Sudeep - tried the workaround on the dashboard, still I can hear the sound. It seems they will have to open it and check for the reason for vibration. Will keep you posted

-Vivek
Old 10th October 2013, 23:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
Guys my Verna Crdi SX has crossed 1 lakh kilometers just now. Otherthan the clutch feeling a little heavy, there is no other issues.
Do i need to replace anything now ? What will the costs for 1lakh kilometer overhaul..
No need for any overhaul or anything Vijay. Routine service should be more than enough. Clutch lasting for one Lakh kms is really a good thing. Mine was replaced at 110K.
The only major replacement I can think of is the timing chain (due at 60K per service manual). It cost me ~18K for the timing chain and accessories replacement, did it around 80K mark.
Old 11th October 2013, 23:47   #19
BHPian

Guys what to do with the heavy clutch... It sometimes makes my leg pain on long trips.. Do i have to change it or just service ?
Old 12th October 2013, 10:40   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
Guys what to do with the heavy clutch... It sometimes makes my leg pain on long trips.. Do i have to change it or just service ?
Get the clutch bled completely . it will loosen up the clutch
Old 11th November 2013, 20:46   #21
BHPian

I have reached 85K on my Verna CRDI. Replaced the clutch at 80K, can hear slight unusual noise from the engine while idle. Guess the timing chain replacement is next. Present tyres Michellin XM1+ are almost worn out, they have run a good 48K. Will change to XM2 soon.
The car is still going strong and love driving it every day.
Old 13th November 2013, 23:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanz View Post
I have reached 85K on my Verna CRDI. Replaced the clutch at 80K, can hear slight unusual noise from the engine while idle. Guess the timing chain replacement is next. Present tyres Michellin XM1+ are almost worn out, they have run a good 48K. Will change to XM2 soon.
Great to know that the car is trouble-free and you are enjoying the drive - icemanz. Regarding the timing chain, just check with the service center before deciding on changing it - they can do some minor adjustments and also advise on whether to replace it.

Regarding XM2+ - I'm using 195/60 profile XM2+ for the last 16K. They are silent, and provide decent enough grip - the only downside is I already had 3 punctures with these tires. With my previous set of Bridgestone, I faced only 2 punctures during a total usage of 53K kms.

-Vivek
Old 14th November 2013, 02:00   #23
BHPian

Thanks Vivek. Last service at 80K Kms the tensioner was adjusted, the noise is very feeble and the SA said there is no problem as such. Assuming the noise will catch up in next 5K kms and then it will be time to replace the belt. Although I can see some wear on the belt, its better to replace before it goes kaput.

The XM1+ returned over 53K kms with absolutely no puncture. Went in for the tyre rotation/alignment today and the technician advised to replace the tyres asap. All 5 tyres are evenly worn out and gone past the wear indicator.
Will get the XM2's for the beast this weekend.
Old 17th November 2013, 22:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
All 5 tyres are evenly worn out and gone past the wear indicator.
Will get the XM2's for the beast this weekend.
Cool !! Hope you got the new shoes already.

-Vivek
Old 18th November 2013, 19:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Cool !! Hope you got the new shoes already.

-Vivek
Not yet Vivek. Scheduled in the first week of Dec. Best quote I received for XM2 is 4850/tyre for a set of 5 tires.
Old 21st November 2013, 22:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vivek. Last service at 80K Kms the tensioner was adjusted, the noise is very feeble and the SA said there is no problem as such. Assuming the noise will catch up in next 5K kms and then it will be time to replace the belt. Although I can see some wear on the belt, its better to replace before it goes kaput.
Yes its better to get the timing belt replaced at the earliest. From Viveks initial posting in this thread, the cost is 19K maybe including pulleys and labour, which is ok for a 85Kish run vehicle. Hope you too cross the 1L Kms milestone as a happy Verna owner!
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Icemanz,

My Verna is on 92K and did not have any timing chain issue so far , please let me know more about the sound you get from the engine. Is this something like a small " Kich Kich " sound when in Idle and sometimes in the run as well from the driver side of the engine.

The issue can be because of the alternator pulley as well, get it checked by a good mechanic and they can confirm on this.

If the issue is confirmed to be the alternator pulley then the cost would be around Rs 3000 (Rs 2400 for the pulley + Rs 600 for two supporting bushes).

Kindly let me know if any further details on this are required also let me know the findings.

Cheers ,
pdma
Old 30th November 2013, 14:50   #28
BHPian

Yesterday, took the car to a nearby accessories + workshop. There were a couple of things that were long pending - I kept postponing them partly due to lack of time and partly because I was too lazy.

1. Sticky Dashboard: The dashboard and the sides of the doors were getting really sticky. The problem started almost an year back - may be during a routine service the service personnel would have applied some dashboard cleaner. I use to park the car in the open in my office. It is possible that the dashboard was not properly dried and the heat would have caused the dashboard to get really sticky. Anyway. the condition was horrible and our hands would get dirty if we accidentally place them over the dashboard. Same case with the door pads as well.
So, the shop guys removed the sticky paint from the dashboard and all four door pads, and repainted the dashboard. Now, looks far better - as good as new !! The whole thing cost me around 4000/-.

2. Seat Covers : The seat covers were also due for a change. Didn't go for expensive ones, since anyway my kid will be jumping up and down on the seats. Anyway, had to leave the car at the shop for a full day for dashboard cleaning, so changed the seats as well. Total cost 5000/-

In addition to these, changed the Wipers to new set of Bosch ones. Also, cleaned the headlight (applied a headlight restoration kit) on both sides. The left side light was a bit "gloomy" compared to the right one. After applying the kit, there definitely seems to be a marginal improvement.

Planning to do a complete interior cleaning + water service in the coming week - and it will be all set to celebrate the 7th anniversary in Jan 2014
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna CRDI - 100,000 Kms and Beyond-301120131111.jpg  

Hyundai Verna CRDI - 100,000 Kms and Beyond-301120131113.jpg  

Hyundai Verna CRDI - 100,000 Kms and Beyond-301120131115.jpg  

Hyundai Verna CRDI - 100,000 Kms and Beyond-301120131116.jpg  

vivekkr_99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 12:26   #29
BHPian

Vivek the sticky dashboard was a known issue for old Verna and Getz. I faced this problem as early as 30kms running. Got the dashboard and door panels repainted at hyundai service back then.
Your new seat covers look cool. I have a similar one
icemanz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 23:31   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Vivek the sticky dashboard was a known issue for old Verna and Getz. I faced this problem as early as 30kms running. Got the dashboard and door panels repainted at hyundai service back then.
Your new seat covers look cool. I have a similar one
Thanks icemanz.. yes the seats look ok now, but it seems my kid has already vowed to spoil it within minimum possible time..
Regarding the dashboard, I didn't face any issue till last year (90K kms) - I guess it would have started after a routine service where the service guys would have applied some dashboard coating during interior cleaning. It was not just the dashboard, but the side of the door panels (the dark colored portion) - that also was really sticky. But, now after the paint job - all looks fine.
Incidentally, the workshop guys also told me that they have attended at least 7-8 vernas with the same sticky dashboard issue. But the service guys say that they are not aware of any such issues.

-Vivek

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks