Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 09:48   #16
BHPian

Re: Ode to a Ford Fusion - 7 years on

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
@Subraiyr!

I have an Oct 2005 Fusion with 53.5K on the Odo. Still drives like a charm. Agree to all that you have to say. I should probably get down to writing a review of my car sometime.
======================
So, how does this compare with others? I would say it is pretty decent.
@Naut - You are absolutely right. The cost of maintenance when you look at it annually is not much. Some figures from my end to stack up

Total spend on maintenance - 82350
Tyres - Got new Bridgestone Turanza - 19600 (5 tyres)
Therefore total maintenance minus tyres - Rs62750
Odo reading - 49995km
Years of ownership - 7

Per year maintenance - Rs8964
Per km maintenance - Rs1.25

Would be interesting to compare the maintenance cost of similar vehicles on a per km or annual basis
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 12:17   #17
BHPian

Lately there is good drop in Fusion prices in market. Looks like 2004->2006 owners are quitting Fusion!

Latest price trend on OLX for 2005/2006 Petrol is sub 1.5L

I really like the newer dash however 2005->2007 had old design! :-(

Confused!
Old 12th June 2013, 14:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

I spent over a lac on spares for a used Ford Ikon I purchased. It was a low mileage car but due to age, there were lots of things that were not in order. I had to change suspension struts, drive shaft, radiator fan, condenser, tires, ac divertor valve (failed 3 times in 2 years), battery, brake rotors, brake pads, distributor and god knows what else. Had to finally give up the car at a huge loss as the expenses were killing me. The Ikon was supposed to be a Asia specific car and even after this, it cost a lot to fix. Nothing on the engine needed attention though. It was smooth and powerful in all of 11 years. If only Ford had made the Ikon affordable to maintain, I would have held on to it.
Well i have brought a Ford Ikon Petrol 2004 model for 1 L. Its been running with me for the last 2.5 years. It had a odometer reading of 92K when i brought it and i have clocked more than 35 K to it. My experience has been wonderful. Yes the tires, the gas lead, the valves had to be replaced. Mine is a LPG fitted which offers me Rs 2.5 per km driving cost nearly equal to my Activa Scooter these days. On maintainence i have found one thing. One needs a mechanic to do it properly. I used to get my LPG checked everytime i took the car outside the city. Still then there were issues and we ended up deciding that LPG is a troublesome thing and that it wasnt success in Ford Cars. Then i changed my LPG Mechanic , met him once, then twice and havent seen the fella for last 8 months. Its just like making pickles at home. Your wife`s will never be good as your mother`s . But yest extremely rewarding experience till date in terms of capital cost (Paid 1 Lac only to buy it not to mention saved interest costs) , Running cost (Rs. 2.5 per km) , Maintenance (Spent 25-30 k + 16 k on tyres) and the pleasure of sedan. Been on long drives of 2400 kms in single stretch and have climbed some good ghats with it.
bhavtol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 18:27   #19
BHPian

Some pictures of my car that had been requested

Cheers
Subra
Attached Thumbnails
Ode to a Ford Fusion - 7 years on-20130612_181228.jpg  

Ode to a Ford Fusion - 7 years on-20130612_181244.jpg  

Ode to a Ford Fusion - 7 years on-20130612_181307.jpg  

Ode to a Ford Fusion - 7 years on-20130612_181321.jpg  

Ode to a Ford Fusion - 7 years on-20130612_181341.jpg  

Old 13th June 2013, 14:50   #20

Mine is a 2008 FF PLus TDCi. Has on the day clocked 107000.
Overall Experience - I wont sell it!
Parts cost & Maintenance - around Rs 1.4/KM

With proper maintenance it would run another 100000 KMs.

Most appealing factor: Road Grip and tough as old boots.

Repairs so far : Clutch replacement, A/c evaporator coil (after 4 years), struts (front),

Fuel consumption : Average of around 16 KMs/Litre

Feel good factor : Not many around, still gets wish full looks!

Replacement options: None so far.

Hope it helped.(If one wants to hold on and for someone who is looking for one)
Cheers
RR
rkeelar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 12:31   #21
BHPian

I have a 2007 Ford Fusion TDCi White who has done 60k, She has been a pleasure to drive. A brilliant workhorse. Now moving on to a Skoda Yeti 4x4 as it probably the only car that gives me such a wonderful seating stance. The AC has been brilliant has not failed me even once. The ride quality has been a bit stiff but the car is a driver's car!, The ford A.S.S has literally been one, moved to an independent garage after the warranty period.
Old 1st July 2013, 20:14   #22
Team-BHP Support

Suddenly witnessing many Fusion guys! One of the best cars that I owned.
Here is what I had posted very recently on the Auto Image thread. Cross posting it here.
(This is more than a year old image. The odo was +90K)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjax View Post
I have a 2007 Ford Fusion TDCi White who has done 60k, She has been a pleasure to drive. A brilliant workhorse.
Truly a workhorse I must say. I did not know when I owned it. Now I know, what Euro quality means from a build point of view.
On a different note: Nice Avatar. Mr Ian Anderson would very happy !

Last edited by ampere : 1st July 2013 at 20:16.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 19:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Truly a workhorse I must say. I did not know when I owned it. Now I know, what Euro quality means from a build point of view.
My my, finally some folks who are Ian's fan and Fusion owners. What a combo. Just like Whiskey and Shine on you crazy diamond on a dark winter evening
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 11:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Loved the car to no end. The solid thud from the door while closing it did it all . Very peppy engine . I had fitted an excellent I.C.E to it. Pioneer with Polk Audio Momo speakers,Driving was sheer bliss.

Jethro tull is my dad's fav band (along with zep and floyd),i grew up listening to my dad's old tull LPs which he collected and now we spend the occasional evenings lounging to Tull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
My my, finally some folks who are Ian's fan and Fusion owners. What a combo. Just like Whiskey and Shine on you crazy diamond on a dark winter evening
Quote:
Here is what I had posted very recently on the Auto Image thread. Cross posting it here.
(This is more than a year old image. The odo was +90K)

I think we are a crazy lot . The Fusion was way ahead of its time coupled with ford's reluctance to pass on the duty cuts to the end customer... The car ended a flop but is every owner's pride .

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th July 2013 at 07:56.
Old 7th July 2013, 18:40   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjax View Post
I think we are a crazy lot . The Fusion was way ahead of its time coupled with ford's reluctance to pass on the duty cuts to the end customer... The car ended a flop but is every owner's pride .
I had no issues paying up the dough for this. For what ever high cost that I got on the car, it was literally niggle free the whole of it life.

Few issues that I went through:
- At around 60K, once a cylinder stopped firing. They fixed it in a day
- Once the crank starter motor (I hope I got the term right!) went kaput. Again they fixed it in 2-3 hours
- Head lamp unit was one thing which degraded over the years due to corroding of the casing. Thats the only unwanted spending that I had to do (About 22K).
- But through 7 - years I was fully satisfied.

Here is a link to my ownership :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...d-now-92k.html
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 17:55   #26
BHPian

Mods Kindly delete this post if it is not appropriate.

Hi Guys,

I need your valuable suggestion on fusion. Recently I got to know from a friend that he is offering Ford Fusion+ 1.4 TDCi brand new cars form the year 2007, 2008 and 2009 for a price of 4.5L on raoad.

Is it ok for me to go ahead and make this purchase? Please advise me on this.
Thanks All!
Old 14th July 2013, 18:26   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet-tooth View Post
Mods Kindly delete this post if it is not appropriate.

Hi Guys,

I need your valuable suggestion on fusion. Recently I got to know from a friend that he is offering Ford Fusion+ 1.4 TDCi brand new cars form the year 2007, 2008 and 2009 for a price of 4.5L on raoad.

Is it ok for me to go ahead and make this purchase? Please advise me on this.
Thanks All!
Looks quite dodgy considering this vehicle has not been in production for at least 4 years now!
How can these be 'brand new'?

However the TDCi Plus version with ABS is a great vehicle and very versatile indeed.
Old 14th July 2013, 18:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet-tooth View Post
Maybe unused after manufacture??

But why would someone preserve Ford Fusions as unused??
Old 14th July 2013, 20:36   #29
Team-BHP Support

I would say, do not go that route. Not worth it, esp, since Ford has its hand full with Ecosport. Getting a good service and parts would be difficult.
Old 30th July 2013, 15:07   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I would say, do not go that route. Not worth it, esp, since Ford has its hand full with Ecosport. Getting a good service and parts would be difficult.
I don't think the parts is an issue except for the plastics. The underpinning is still the same 1.4 tdci that does duty on the ford fiesta classic and the figo.

Most Viewed