Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2013, 13:59   #31
BHPian

re: Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years

First of all congrats on the purchase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
1) Is it advisable to keep the Passenger Airbag activated during the city runs?
The only time the passenger airbag should be disabled is when you have a baby sitting in the passenger seat, baby seat or otherwise. At all other times it should remain ON.

Oh, and by the way, you should get your camera lens cleaned. There seems to be a lot of oil on it.
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years

Congrats! A white Punto looks fab anywhere! Enjoy the new car. You've now got the best of both worlds - drive a Punto and whenever you visit your b-i-l, drive your Fiesta Also good to see that safety features were on the top of your priority list. I didn't know your Fiesta was a petrol (??); but I had seen your ad for selling the Fiesta in the classifieds.
Old 2nd July 2013, 23:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of more queries:
2) I am confused about the tyre pressure to be maintained. The sticker in the car says 32 psi in all 4, the manual says 29 for medium load and 32 under heavy load. What is the correct pressure?
3) What is the first service interval? Manual shows 3000 kms checks (only).
4) If the clutch is depressed completely I feel the steering column movement. Is it the case?
1. I keep it on always as 90% of the time Passenger Seat is occupied by one of the family members. Remaining 10% I forget to disable it.
2. I experimented with 30, 31, 32 and settled for 30 now a days for city drives. For highway drives with full load I make it 32. BTW try upgrading to 195/60-R15 Michelin Primacy LCs ASAP. Mr Premji would be more than happy to upgrade them for you.
3. First check at 3000 is not a full service.
4. Nothing to worry about. That's how it is.

Enjoy your ride. Hope to catch up with you on the Eastern Express Highway.
Rock 'n' rollz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 23:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
First of all congrats on the purchase!

The only time the passenger airbag should be disabled is when you have a baby sitting in the passenger seat, baby seat or otherwise. At all other times it should remain ON.
Babies are strictly not allowed in the passenger seat and they should always be in the 2nd row. Passenger airbag can be disabled when you are driving alone but don't forget to turn it on the next time when you have a passenger.
diwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 05:02   #35
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Couple of more queries:
EagleEye has already provided the answer. With nobody seated in the passenger seat OR with somebody seated in the passenger-seat without the seatbelt ON, the airbag would not deploy. Most modern cars have this by design.
So don't see a need to disable passenger side airbag (except the scenario that EagleEye mentioned).
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 07:58   #36
BHPian

Many Congratulations Ghodlur.

Wish you many happy & thrilling miles with your new ride.

I would suggest do not bother to switch off passenger airbag.
Though there is no harm switching it off when driving alone, but its a riskier if one forgets to switching it on.

Drive safe.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 08:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
BTW try upgrading to 195/60-R15 Michelin Primacy LCs ASAP. Mr Premji would be more than happy to upgrade them for you. Hope to catch up with you on the Eastern Express Highway.
Thanks for the tips. Regarding the change of tyres, I did contact Mark Premji the moment I had booked the car and he offered to buy back the Apollo's in exchange for Michelin PLC for a difference of 2K per tyre. I was also given an option to go for the Yokohamas too. I had decided for the upgrade but then wifey suggested to check the performance of the stock tyres. Also the posts in the Michelin PLC thread in the forum were not that encouraging, hence took a step back.
Definitely we can cross path on the EE highway, whats your route?

Thanks for the suggestions EagleEye, SDP, diwa, SM Jet for the passenger air bag querry. I have kept it activated and as of now dont see a scenario as mentioned by EagleEye.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 08:25   #38
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations Ghodlur. Thats is one beautiful car and a gr8 migration from petrol to Diesel. Any remap or RD box planned for future ?
dar3dev|l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 08:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congrats! A white Punto looks fab anywhere! Enjoy the new car. You've now got the best of both worlds - drive a Punto and whenever you visit your b-i-l, drive your Fiesta Also good to see that safety features were on the top of your priority list. I didn't know your Fiesta was a petrol (??); but I had seen your ad for selling the Fiesta in the classifieds.
Thanks W.A.G.7 for the wishes. Initially I was apprehensive about selling to relatives (u know why), but then my BIL is like my best friend. Even then I had rethoughts but the idea of getting behind the Fiesta wheels even after it is sold made me go with the decision. Now whenever I visit Pune it will be like car swapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
Heartiest Congratulations Ghodlur. Thats is one beautiful car and a gr8 migration from petrol to Diesel. Any remap or RD box planned for future ?
Thanks, not in the very immediate future, but yes. Have been going through the RD threads on the forum (after being bit by the mod keeda)
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:44   #40
BHPian

Congratulations Sir.

Awesome report I see there. Great car as well. I will keep an eye open for a GE 1744 registered Punto while I am on the GB road.

Next meet, I want a ride too!

Congratulations again!
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:58   #41
BANNED

Congratulations Ghodlur. It's an awesome machine especially cruising @ 30-40 km/hr in 5th gear with out knocking. It's a marvel & I'm approaching 500kms
sivadeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 13:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hello Ghodlur,

Congrats on your new passion - Fial Punto. Wish you years of happy moments with this beauty.

Regarding seat covers, I will suggest to keep the stock covers as they are, as you do not have a infant kid who might spoil them. The cheap art leather seat covers makes the seats thicker & occupants tend to sweat more of AC is off.

By the way how do you feel driving / owning a hatch after experience of a sedan during last couple of years? Now, that you are on Diesel, I am sure you will be little less frustrated while being stuck in regular Mumbai traffic.

Waiting for you to attend next T-BHP meet & see your car.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 13:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
I will keep an eye open for a GE 1744 registered Punto while I am on the GB road.
Next meet, I want a ride too!
Congratulations again!
Thanks a ton for the wishes. Do let me know when you spot me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadeep View Post
Congratulations Ghodlur. It's an awesome machine especially cruising @ 30-40 km/hr in 5th gear with out knocking. It's a marvel & I'm approaching 500kms
Thanks. As rightly said, the car is great to drive. Have crossed 500kms already. The braking is fantastic and the car has turned a few heads for sure. Since my Punto is white, gets noticably dirty in the monsoons though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Congrats on your new passion - Fial Punto. Wish you years of happy moments with this beauty.

Regarding seat covers, I will suggest to keep the stock covers as they are, as you do not have a infant kid who might spoil them. The cheap art leather seat covers makes the seats thicker & occupants tend to sweat more of AC is off.

By the way how do you feel driving / owning a hatch after experience of a sedan during last couple of years? Now, that you are on Diesel, I am sure you will be little less frustrated while being stuck in regular Mumbai traffic.

Waiting for you to attend next T-BHP meet & see your car.

Thanks,
Thanks a lot Jignesh for the wishes. Will surely remember your suggestion reg the seat covers. Frankly I dont find any major difference in riding the Punto after having ridden the Fiesta, both the cars have a handling benchmark. The noticable difference is the fuel indicator which seems to be going down in Punto very slowly as compared to the Fiesta. I guess the wait for the meet just got a bit longer.
Old 3rd July 2013, 16:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Girish Bhai. Congrats! White Punto looks very grand. Wishing you many safe miles and peaceful ownership.

Plus 1 for the foot mats. Are you going to put a RD Tuning Box on it sometime soon.

Can i suggest that you use the 3M Carbon Fibre Sticker for your Centre Console / Panel. I thought that it was looking a bit dull or maybe its just the photos. Just my views.

Catch you and your Punto soon during a meet or you can just come till Kensington to show it to me
Old 3rd July 2013, 19:20   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, hearty congratulations on the Punto. The real looker on roads even today. Wishing you all unlimited happy & safe miles with the tank.

One of the pictures of delivery make me imagine red racing decals on the car...They'd look wonderful on BNW. Also, Punto is one car that does look hot with racing decals. Its as if the car's face, headlamp & grille are designed with decal stripes in mind!! How about it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks