Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 15:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: My Kinetic Blue Ford Figo Titanium Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Is there an option to fit power windows at the rear in the Figo?
There is an option to do but will be an after market fitment. This was done by one of the BHPians who had bought an Figo, attached is his ownership reviewe where he has mentioned about the rear power windows and also posted a couple of pics. Read post #2, 21, 27.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...figo-tdci.html
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 16:07   #17
BHPian

That is one good looking car, I am looking to go for a new Titanium TDCI as well ( if things go right).
Kinetic blue is a great color.
Old 12th July 2013, 17:13   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your figo, i got mine recently as well and if i remember right, i brought her home on 21st March and hence its around 3 months old. The car will serve you well and last but not the least. welcome to the blue oval club .
Old 12th July 2013, 22:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

What were the stock tyres which you got with the Figo? Good to know that 3M went out of the way to rectify the scratch issue.
I got MRF ZV2K's. I think the other tyre on the Figo is Apollo Acelere. Would have preferred the Apollo's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

This is in front of Car Fancy @ Kandhanchavady?
Yup, it is . I got my number plates done from them. Do you stay or work near here ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If only I had PM'd you earlier, I'd have got my friend to purchase your Zen. Alas. Anyway, wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with the new Figo.

Aren't these the so called "high security" number plates? which are supposed to break when tried to steal? You should have got them attached in the anti-theft way I think. Using the standard screws slashes the purpose of High security number plates.

LOL @"I drive safe sticker comes with too much responsibility"
Hey Reinhard, would have loved if the Zen stayed with someone known, but strangely I hardly got any calls via the t-bhp classifieds.

On the plates, I was going through the thread on this and I think the 'real' high security plates are being fitted in a very few cities. The actual one costs only 250, is done by the RTO and has the VIN marked on the plate. All these are the fake 'IND' plates, but they do look very good and change the appearance of the car.

Pity the Pune meets kind of died down after the initial few successful meets. I could have said my 'bye's' properly !

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Many Congratulations on your first new car Tarun. Looks cool in blue. Figo is my first new car as well.

I too felt the same about the new headlamp design. The older ones, though on the dull side, suited the car's design better.

But regarding the NVH levels, though I have not driven the older version, the build is much better than the new one. The thud when the door is closed is much more assuring in the older version. So I presumed it ought to have better NVH levels.

Also my wife's cousin brother who works for Ford(in the Ecosport Project) agreed that the facelifted Figo had undergone a lot of cost cutting measures which he pointed out when looking at my car. That is the reason for the new car being just around 3000 more than the old version.

OT: And by the way, where is your office at sholinganallur. I do pass by the place everyday on my way to Siruseri.
I'm not sure what has changed, but I think Ford worked on the engine as well, some small tweaks here and there. The inside is definitely quieter than a few Figo's I've seen which were from the first batches.

Since you mentioned the door 'thud', I've felt the front door gives a decent 'thud' whereas the rear door is more like a 'clank' !!

My office is opposite the Tecci park / paypal offices. What colour is your Figo and is it stickered ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Congratulations on the new car.

How does the figo suspension compares to that of a punto in good and bad roads?
Compared to the Punto.. hmm.. It's a little too early to say, but I'd say both cars are slightly on the stiffer side, but on the larger undulations, the Punto feels like a much larger car whereas in the Figo you tend to slow down a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Is there an option to fit power windows at the rear in the Figo? Also is the spare wheel an alloy or a normal steel one? Enjoy the car and do keep your experiences posted here.
Like @ghodlur has mentioned, a bhp-ian has gotten it done, but outside the dealership. Warranty will be void in this case.
The spare is a steel wheel, but luckily it's the same size.

Another thing I'm not happy with is the horn and fitting a new horn also voids warranty Shall I just go ahead and get a horn fitted making sure no wires are cut ? How strict is Ford with such things during warranty ?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 12th July 2013 at 22:46.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2013, 08:51   #20
BHPian

Congrats fiat_tarun for your new acquisition ! (probably time to change your name to figo_tarun or ford_tarun !!)
I strongly feel that till date Figo is the best diesel hatch in the market overall.
Kinetic blue suits the figo - gives it a sporty/ young look. Have fun driving !
gaurav911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2013, 15:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I got MRF ZV2K's. I think the other tyre on the Figo is Apollo Acelere. Would have preferred the Apollo's.
ZV2K, they are very noisy, very little grip and very very hard! Pathetic tyres!

Quote:
Yup, it is . I got my number plates done from them. Do you stay or work near here ?
My office is near Kandhanchavady in MGR Road!

Quote:
I'm not sure what has changed, but I think Ford worked on the engine as well, some small tweaks here and there. The inside is definitely quieter than a few Figo's I've seen which were from the first batches.
Yes, the facelifted Figo has better NVH. Ford worked on the firewall and also included double pipe weather strips. This one feels a little muted compared to the old Figo!

Quote:
Compared to the Punto.. hmm.. It's a little too early to say, but I'd say both cars are slightly on the stiffer side, but on the larger undulations, the Punto feels like a much larger car whereas in the Figo you tend to slow down a little.
The Punto is probably the best hatch with perfect balance of handling and ride quality. The Figo would be very close second with its big car like handling and nimbleness, but would lose out on bumpy ride at low speeds to the Fiat due to the traditional hard suspension setup of the Fords!

Quote:
Another thing I'm not happy with is the horn and fitting a new horn also voids warranty Shall I just go ahead and get a horn fitted making sure no wires are cut ? How strict is Ford with such things during warranty ?
The horn sounds meeky, when you honk the bikers give that funny look. You need to change them. Just be careful not to cut any wires when you install a new horn. I have the stock horn wiring intact, no wires were cut but were spliced

If you know your Ford SA well, you shouldn't have any problem with warranty!
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2013, 23:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
Congrats fiat_tarun for your new acquisition ! (probably time to change your name to figo_tarun or ford_tarun !!)
I strongly feel that till date Figo is the best diesel hatch in the market overall.
Kinetic blue suits the figo - gives it a sporty/ young look. Have fun driving !
Ha ha. This is going to be OT... The fiat in the handle is because I really do like the Fiat group. They have some brilliant brands and cars, bud sadly bad management has plagued the group's growth. With Sergio, things are sure improving and they now seem to have an Asia strategy shaping up.

Lets hope for the best. The budget driver focused cars come from very few manufacturer's and Fiat is a big part of that few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
ZV2K, they are very noisy, very little grip and very very hard! Pathetic tyres!
They lack grip as well ? I knew they were noisy, but bad grip will be a concern.
Old 15th July 2013, 12:16   #23
BHPian

Hi Tarun, Congrats on the new ride and Happy miles.

I got the pre-facelift model and two of my cousins got the facelifted model.
For sure, the facelifted Figo's NVH level is good, feels a bit more refined. Headlamp and bumper design not to my liking, but the new headlamp design gives a proper focus and throw.

Mine comes with MRF zv2k, I can say MRF is pathetic of the lot, but durable. One of my cousin got Goodyear and the other cousin got the Appollos, I find Appollo's to be gripper and low noisier. I'am yet to explore Goodyear to give a proper feedback. Even my cousin felt Appollo feels good all in all.
But i had other concern, My bro's Polo comes with Accelere and it shows evenly premature wear at 20k itself.

You can/should fix after market Horn, but be sure that you didn't cut any wires, There is an option of using a clip-on switch on the OEM wire and power the after market horn. Warranty thing can be managed if you have some acquaintance in your ASC.
I got myself the Hella Redgrill, cos its realllly hard to live with a punny tone, single horn.

Wishing you a Happy ownership!.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 12:29   #24
BHPian

Drive addict, i would say otherwise! Apollos are noisy as well as i found out. 1 psi of pressure drop equates to a lot of noise while running and sometimes it just screams.
mrfs are even more pathetic. I might do a change in rubber later though. It seems the apollos will hold for a while.

with regards to the horn, i have gotten a lot of funny comments. My cousin who drove my car, remarked after trying to pass a car on the highway and was pressing the horn, " Is this horn from your car, because i don't see any tvs 50s in the vicinity" and i was like . It sounds very meek as well. A lot of bikers have smiled when i honk at them.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 12:41   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Since you mentioned the door 'thud', I've felt the front door gives a decent 'thud' whereas the rear door is more like a 'clank' !!

My office is opposite the Tecci park / paypal offices. What colour is your Figo and is it stickered ?
Mine is a black figo and yes it is stickered. And just last week it is race chipped
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 13:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I noticed a metal clanking sound had started from the front suspension. This sound could be heard on bad roads. Took the car to the A.S.S and it was traced to a defective link rod ! They fixed it all in half an hour, but I'm still surprised that a part has failed so fast...

My Kinetic Blue Ford Figo Titanium Diesel-img_20130723_220335.jpg

This was the part that was changed. Lot of other Figo owners have also had this part changed, but I think mine is the first case of such an early change.
Old 1st August 2013, 16:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

I just finished a ~1000 km trip (Chennai - Bangalore - Mysore - Chennai) over the last weekend and it was a really nice drive. You get to know the car a lot better on the highways and the Figo is a great mile muncher.

Just as I was leaving Chennai the odo touched the 1000 km mark so I was able to free her legs a little. The Figo does 100 km/hr at exactly 2500 rpm in 5th gear and the car feels very sturdy. With the windows up hardly any noise seems in, although you can hear the engine crying out a little. I wish all manufacturer's gave 6th gears ! Post 100 for every 20km/hr increase the rpm increases by 500 rpm, so 120 km/hr comes in at 3000 rpm. The top end of the 1.4 TDCI is nothing great and 100 - 120 km/hr is it's best cruising zone.

The Chennai - Bangalore road is a nice highway, although there are many diversions at the moment with the '6 laning' in progress. There are a lot of those long sweeping corners and the Figo allows you to take them without slowing down too much. Even mid corner bumps don't upset the car.

I also got to get a good feel of the brakes. They bite quite well and inspire confidence.

On my Chennai - Bangalore - Mysore run with quite a lot of running within Bangalore over 2 days, I got a mileage of 16.5 (Tank full to tank full) with 100% AC, which I think is quite good for such a new engine. The DTE is also pretty accurate as it gave a very similar mileage on calculation.

On my return journey it was purely highway and the mileage is about 18.3 kmpl with 50% AC. I left early in the morning, so I was able to cruise at 120 kmph for quite a bit of the journey with probably had a effect on FE.

The ODO now stand just short of 2K. First service is at 2.5k so will probably get it done later this month.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 1st August 2013 at 16:23.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 12:00   #28
Team-BHP Support

Sorry for somehow having missed this thread all along. Tarun, really nice report there . I enjoyed going through it. Wish you congratulations on this purchase and may you have a splendid ownership experience with the Figo. It really is a fantastic VFM choice as a driver's car and ticks many boxes as an all-rounder. This car thoroughly deserves the success it has had till now. I have to admit this color tugs at my heart strings too, maybe I would have ended up going for this color Figo instead of my Punto, had I waited till the Figo's facelift. The Yellow and the Kinetic blue are both bold colors for the Figo and offer a refreshing option for eye-candy color enthusiasts.

Like another member mentioned above, maybe your handle should now read 'Ford_tarun' .

On the gun-metal color for alloys, please go ahead and get that done ASAP. It will look killer. And while at it, also paint the brake calipers red. Your Figo will be one of a kind. Here's a picture of the same combination to tempt you more * winks*
My Kinetic Blue Ford Figo Titanium Diesel-skodaoctaviars.jpg

Last edited by KarthikK : 6th August 2013 at 12:02.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 13:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

Like another member mentioned above, maybe your handle should now read 'Ford_tarun' .

On the gun-metal color for alloys, please go ahead and get that done ASAP. It will look killer. And while at it, also paint the brake calipers red. Your Figo will be one of a kind. Here's a picture of the same combination to tempt you more * winks*
Attachment 1122238
Hey Karthik, who better than you to inspire me to go ahead with the mods ! You've done a great job with your 'Abarth' there

I would love to do 3 mods - gloss black roof, smoke the weird headlamps and paint the alloys a gunmetal shade, but will need to save up for sometime.

How much did the alloy painting cost you ? 4 k IIRC ? Can probably go to the same guy during one of my Bangalore trips.

PS - Still admire the Fiat group, so fiat_tarun it is..
Old 6th August 2013, 15:33   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How much did the alloy painting cost you ? 4 k IIRC ? Can probably go to the same guy during one of my Bangalore trips.
Yeah, it was 1k per wheel, and I got it done for only 4 wheels (since spare wheel is steel for me ). I got it done at A1 tyre centre in Wilson garden, he specializes in this area - alloy wheel and caliper painting. Let me know when you drop in here for this work. I can give you the address/directions and other details.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks