Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 10:18   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post

Funny. 2006 Laura L&Ks all have AUX in.
It might be stupid of me, but have you checked inside the center armrest compartment for the port?
Yes, I did check inside the arm rest compartment obviously. If I am not wrong, the Aux In port started only from the 2007 Laura. Are you sure all 2006 Laura L&Ks have it? Do you own one?
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:15   #17
BHPian

re: Here comes my James Bond car - The Skoda Laura L&K EDIT: Now sold!

Congrats for great looking car !!
Headlamps looks fab. Whats your opinion about beam spread and visibility as compared to stock one.
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
Yes, I did check inside the arm rest compartment obviously. If I am not wrong, the Aux In port started only from the 2007 Laura. Are you sure all 2006 Laura L&Ks have it? Do you own one?
Unfortunately, there is no means to upgrade this HU to accommodate USB/Aux. The only option is a HU upgrade. You could upgrade to the RCD510 HU. This HU would give you these features. You can fit aftermarket HUs but in a non-standard/stock approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Congrats for great looking car !!
Headlamps looks fab. Whats your opinion about beam spread and visibility as compared to stock one.
The beam spread and visibility is good, though I would really appreciate in getting the 4300K vs the 6000K what I have. If you have the Laura L&K or Superb Elegance, be advised that you'd loose the AFS and auto leveling features. This upgrade is more recommended for Laura Ambition & Elegance or Superb ambition. I chose this upgrade because I wanted Xenons for both low and high beams and do lots of highway driving.
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:41   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
The beam spread and visibility is good, though I would really appreciate in getting the 4300K vs the 6000K what I have. If you have the Laura L&K or Superb Elegance, be advised that you'd loose the AFS and auto leveling features. This upgrade is more recommended for Laura Ambition & Elegance or Superb ambition. I chose this upgrade because I wanted Xenons for both low and high beams and do lots of highway driving.
AFS is quite useful. Just a suggestion. Why not retrofit good projectors like Morimotos into the high beam of the stock headlamp. That way you will have projectors for high beam too. Personally I think the aftermarket headlights look weird.

Quote:
Hi Nitin,
Mine is a 2006 Laura L&K. It has the "Audience" HU and 12 speakers. It does not even have an Aux-In But I want to retain the steering controls as well as the ACC / Parking Assist display on the HU screen.

Although I am OK with the sound, what I need is a way to avoid burning discs all the time and have a USB / iPod / Aux instead. I have a Pioneer 2490BT in my other car and I am very used to it. This makes the need to change HU on the Laura even more important. I would definitely prefer an OEM HU like the Bolero if it could be fittted without any changes. What do you think? Any suggestions would be greatly welcome.
The Bolero will not fit your car, the dimensions are different. Try and source the RCD-510. Otherwise the Blaupunkt Philadelphia should be a good buy, it will give you all your features.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 2nd August 2013 at 13:44.
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
AFS is quite useful. Just a suggestion. Why not retrofit good projectors like Morimotos into the high beam of the stock headlamp. That way you will have projectors for high beam too. Personally I think the aftermarket headlights look weird.
I have installed projectors with Xenons for both low and high beams. Please note the assembly has to fit the body and the entire system has to be CANBUS based. Else you'll get errors on the display and have the pleasure of damaging the wiper motor or even some of the control module(s).

Quote:
The Bolero will not fit your car, the dimensions are different. Try and source the RCD-510. Otherwise the Blaupunkt Philadelphia should be a good buy, it will give you all your features.
I'm also suggesting the RCD-510! It would retain the stock look and features yet be CANBUS compliant.
Old 2nd August 2013, 14:45   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have installed projectors with Xenons for both low and high beams. Please note the assembly has to fit the body and the entire system has to be CANBUS based. Else you'll get errors on the display and have the pleasure of damaging the wiper motor or even some of the control module(s).
You misunderstood. I meant open up the stock headlamp, and where the high beam reflector is, install a good quality projector. Then inside the projector get an HID bulb, along with can bus ballasts, etc. I am sure vag tune has these can bus ballasts, I had spoken to them regarding an HID kit for my Yeti. So the projectors will fit inside the assemble, and the HID kit will be can bus compliant. Also you get the stock looks, and the stock AFS system which is great.

No need of the tacky looking aftermarket lights then.
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You misunderstood. I meant open up the stock headlamp, and where the high beam reflector is, install a good quality projector. Then inside the projector get an HID bulb, along with can bus ballasts, etc. I am sure vag tune has these can bus ballasts, I had spoken to them regarding an HID kit for my Yeti. So the projectors will fit inside the assemble, and the HID kit will be can bus compliant. Also you get the stock looks, and the stock AFS system which is great.
I did explore this option from Vagtune, but it appeared there is no option to pass the wires from the rear. This was so for my Laura, not sure of the Yeti/Superb. Further, opening up the headlamp unit to install the projector can be tricky because one needs to reseal very carefully and perfectly, else water would seep in.

Quote:
No need of the tacky looking aftermarket lights then.
We are installing an aftermarket headlamp/projector assembly to get that extra look!

Last edited by nitinbose : 2nd August 2013 at 15:14.
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I'd also love to have larger photos but the forum upload limits the file sizes to 1MB which is not sufficient for high resolution images. Which Bolero are you talking about, the HU? The stock HU is the radio Bolero.
Not necessarily large, just better contrast/clarity if possible.

Now I understand what the bolero is... if it matters, my reference was to the spanish bolero and how waltz seems more appropriate
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Not necessarily large, just better contrast/clarity if possible.

Now I understand what the bolero is... if it matters, my reference was to the spanish bolero and how waltz seems more appropriate
Well these photos were taken using my iPhone hence lower clarity. I shall make it a point to use my DSLR next time.
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:54   #25
BHPian

Looks like you are in love mate!. But hey whats not to love about this car eh?
IMHO those aftermarkets headlights look a little too flashy. Quite opposite to the elegance this car exudes. Im a big fan OEM parts. I would keep the stock headlights and not lose AFS and auto leveling if i were you. Instead of spending the big bucks on those bixenon units why not go for the oem vrs bumper?
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, mine is a 2006 manufactured Laura L&K and it has the AUX in.
Old 3rd August 2013, 00:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
I would keep the stock headlights and not lose AFS and auto leveling if i were you. Instead of spending the big bucks on those bixenon units why not go for the oem vrs bumper?
Well, its already done. I am trying to source the original headlights to get back to stock as well. The aftermarket headlamps are ideal for ambition/elegance models though.
Old 3rd August 2013, 00:33   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post

Yes, mine is a 2006 manufactured Laura L&K and it has the AUX in.
I am confused now too :(
Can you pls confirm the month of manufacture? Mine is Jul 2006.

Nitin, I am really sorry for hijacking your thread but this is the only active thread where I find most Laura owners.

Thank you for this thread once again.
Old 3rd August 2013, 19:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am confused now too :(
Can you pls confirm the month of manufacture? Mine is Jul 2006.

Nitin, I am really sorry for hijacking your thread but this is the only active thread where I find most Laura owners.

Thank you for this thread once again.
Do both of you have the same generation of Laura and the same trim? If yes, then you should both be having the same features.

Nevertheless, evogue, you can always install the RCD 5XX series or even the RNS 5XX series and get the current features!

Sometime in the distant future, I will also upgrade the audio, this time to a complete canbus enabled system. Ahh.. but that should be in a 2 year plan!
Old 3rd August 2013, 19:35   #30
BHPian

great pics and review! I loved your description of getting into the car in your dark basement...

sigh, it's not fair to keep bombarding us non German folks with what we're missing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks