Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 10:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
WOW! This certainly is a must read for ecosport buyers! I am getting my car delivered today and I will take a leaf or two out of your experience! Thanks for sharing your detailed review with awesome pictures!
1.Congrats on your new ride but dont rush on accessories.
2.Take your time ,research and try to get a good deal out of packages.
3.I am guessing in few weeks the market will be flooded with ample choice.
4.Remember all dealer accessories mrps are inclusive of labour and taxes.Ive posted some of the prices for you to understand.Attachment 1 is Elite ford, bangalore.
5.The attachments 2, 3, 4, 5 are all ex delhi which includes 5% vat.For example if your state charges 14% vat, then deduct 5% from the delhi's price and add 14% to get the final mrp in your state.And remember all this is all inclusive (labour, taxes)
6.Also notice that the dealer does not mention combined packages and prefers to sell them individually for a higher price.

Hope that helps.

Cheers! Drive safe.
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-1108070d1373376976tfordecosportofficialreview20130709_190212.jpeg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-1097621d1371299285tfordecosportofficialreview20130615_1742161.jpeg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-1097622d1371299285tfordecosportofficialreview20130615_174240.jpeg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-1097623d1371299285tfordecosportofficialreview20130615_174251.jpeg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-1097621d1371299285tfordecosportofficialreview20130615_174216.jpeg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 31st July 2013 at 10:46.
ecosport rules is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 10:45   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Although it's good to hear that they are providing projectors, I wouldnt go for these. This looks like any ordinary headlights with just the projectors fixed onto them. When am spending 20+, I expect it to be unique and brilliant. No reflectors (just the black base), DRL's (Like the one on international Ecosport) and maybe LED indicators. For that, it's worth spending 20k. Else local mechanics can get this done for 10k.

Waiting for aftermarket kits like the ones they had for the Swift. Hope Ford themselves can bring it down.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 10:46   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
1.Congrats on your new ride but dont rush on accessories.

Cheers! Drive safe.

Yes, i am taking time before going forward.

For now i have paid for the roof rails, fog lamps (I am taking the Ambient version) & rear sensors only. I wanted the front applique but my dealer does not have stock of it.

Also my tyres look thin & I might upgrade them (budget permitting). I also plan to add a rear camera which is a must. Changing to Philips extreme vision is also on my mind but I plan to take time before making such changes.

Is adding front sensors a good idea? does it keep beeping all the while? i presume we can shut them off if required.
Also how did the camera which was mentioned as 25K become 15k later?

Thanks again for your inputs!

Last edited by urajkumar : 31st July 2013 at 10:48.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 10:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Although it's good to hear that they are providing projectors, I wouldnt go for these. This looks like any ordinary headlights with just the projectors fixed onto them. When am spending 20+, I expect it to be unique and brilliant. No reflectors (just the black base), DRL's (Like the one on international Ecosport) and maybe LED indicators. For that, it's worth spending 20k. Else local mechanics can get this done for 10k.

Waiting for aftermarket kits like the ones they had for the Swift. Hope Ford themselves can bring it down.
I totally agree with you and they are ordinary ones with projectors fixed on to them, no DRLs too.

Quote:
Yes, i am taking time before going forward.

For now i have paid for the roof rails, fog lamps (I am taking the Ambient version) & rear sensors only. I wanted the front applique but my dealer does not have stock of it.

Also my tyres look thin & I might upgrade them (budget permitting). I also plan to add a rear camera which is a must. Changing to Philips extreme vision is also on my mind but I plan to take time before making such changes.

Is adding front sensors a good idea? does it keep beeping all the while? i presume we can shut them off if required.
Also how did the camera which was mentioned as 25K become 15k later?

Thanks again for your inputs!
I find front sensors very useful, you can shut them off.
Where was the camera mentioned as 25 k and later 15k, please clarify

It is better to buy a package called individual package (camera, spoiler, led scuff plates) for 23k

Last edited by ecosport rules : 31st July 2013 at 11:18.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 11:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Silver is one of my favourite colors on Ecosport, others being Black and Sea Grey.

This thread is a must read for Ecosport buyers, especially on accessories. You have a good taste for accessories and a master in sourcing them.

Hope to get frequent updates once you clock more miles.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 12:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats. Silver is one of my favourite colors on Ecosport, others being Black and Sea Grey.

This thread is a must read for Ecosport buyers, especially on accessories. You have a good taste for accessories and a master in sourcing them.

Hope to get frequent updates once you clock more miles.
Thank you
I agree with you about the colour choice but particularly black is stealing away the SUV look from ecosport, looks more like a large hatch.Please refer to my attachment with a black and silver ecosport
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 12:05   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I totally agree with you and they are ordinary ones with projectors fixed on to them, no DRLs too.

I find front sensors very useful, you can shut them off.
Where was the camera mentioned as 25 k and later 15k, please clarify

It is better to buy a package called individual package (camera, spoiler, led scuff plates) for 23k
If your first picture of the quote, rear camera is mentioned as 25K and in the third picture of accessories list it is mentioned as 15k. I am getting a 25k quote from my dealer for the camera and i think its exorbitant. I will check if they have the individual pack that you are mentioning.
Old 31st July 2013, 12:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If your first picture of the quote, rear camera is mentioned as 25K and in the third picture of accessories list it is mentioned as 15k. I am getting a 25k quote from my dealer for the camera and i think its exorbitant. I will check if they have the individual pack that you are mentioning.
Ford has revised the price of the camera to 25k when bought separately .I think it is to encourage packages and exhaust their inventories, eg individual package is 23k (camera 25k, spoiler 7k, led scuff plates 6k totalling to 38k)
Old 31st July 2013, 12:30   #39
BHPian

Congratulations ecosport_rules on your Ecosport. Excellent ownership review backed up with a fantastic set of pictures.
Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on the sport.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 14:06   #40

Good review and Awesome pictures Ecosport rules.
I recently brought a pair of H7 and H1 bulbs from Philips extreme vision for my upcoming ecosport. Now I am confused seeing your H4 bulbs you purchased recently.
Can you please clarify me.
Rohith99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 15:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohith99 View Post
Good review and Awesome pictures Ecosport rules.
I recently brought a pair of H7 and H1 bulbs from Philips extreme vision for my upcoming ecosport. Now I am confused seeing your H4 bulbs you purchased recently.
Can you please clarify me.
Thank you Rohit99
  • headlamps are H4
  • fog lamps are H11
  • cabin lights and parking are T10 pin type
Old 31st July 2013, 15:43   #42
BHPian

Can someone please clarify whether installing Philips H4 HID Conversion kit is worth it or not? Will I get both high & low beam in one? Please advice.

I assume the kit should not cost more than Rs. 10,000 but the primary question is that will it resolve the problem of poor lighting?
Old 31st July 2013, 16:05   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Great review man. Congratulations.

Regarding the roof carrier, can it be removed and kept aside and installed only when needed. I feel it is better to keep just the cross rails and install the roof rack when needed to reduce wind resistance and improve fuel efficiency.

Was the Roof rack OEM Accessory?

thx
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 16:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Can someone please clarify whether installing Philips H4 HID Conversion kit is worth it or not? Will I get both high & low beam in one? Please advice.

I assume the kit should not cost more than Rs. 10,000 but the primary question is that will it resolve the problem of poor lighting?
Hey xuv2390,

1.Philips HIDs are fantastic,have been using them on my Civic and yes for Ecosport both low and high beams in one as it is H4,but I have spoken to Ford about it and they said the electrical warranty will be void(The only option is Philips extreme vision,osram night breaker plus,hella power light h4.I have tested all three and Hella powerlight is the best.)

2.The second option is the bi-xenon projectors from AVK ford,mumbai(Mr.Zakaria, AVK Ford claims that there is no issue with warranty,I dont believe him)costing 30000 per pair.For pictures of projectors please refer page 2 of this thread.

As for my ecosport I got them from Ford,China and to my surprise they were Hella powerlight H4s made for ford,ie Ford packaging.I think they can be sourced from a local store.
The light throw is up by atleast 40 percent but then there is scope for improvement.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 31st July 2013 at 16:27.
Old 31st July 2013, 16:27   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Hey xuv2390,
1.Philips HIDs are fantastic,have been using them on my Civic and yes for Ecosport both low and high beams in one as it is H4,but I have spoken to Ford about it and they said the electrical warranty will be void(The only option is Philips extreme vision,osram night breaker plus,hella power light h4.I have tested all three and Hella powerlight is the best.)
@ecosport rules: I spoke to Mr. Alpesh from AVK Ford and he re-confirmed that warranty will not be void for Philips HID kit. In face he quoted Rs. 12,000-13,000 for the same. I am totally confused!

If no wire alternations are being made for the HID Kit as well and Projector headlamps then why should Ford allow one and not the other? I see no logic in their answer.

Also, the projector lamps they are installing are from some local company called "Janam". I have personally never heard of this brand! Any clue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks