Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:47   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

I am tuned in to your thread buddy. I would recommend a Race Dynamics performance box now, to make that 1.5 litre diesel engine work harder and more efficiently deliver some more power and torque, saving some fuel in the bargain, even!!
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:51   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I would recommend a Race Dynamics performance box now, to make that 1.5 litre diesel engine work harder and more efficiently deliver some more power and torque, saving some fuel in the bargain, even!!
How much would such a box cost? Where can we get it in Mumbai? And most importantly, what about the warranty?
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I am tuned in to your thread buddy. I would recommend a Race Dynamics performance box now, to make that 1.5 litre diesel engine work harder and more efficiently deliver some more power and torque, saving some fuel in the bargain, even!!
Thank you frankmehta.
I am really interested in a tuning box, but very concerned about warranty.
Can you please clarify and give me a contact in hyderabad.
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:29   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Thank you frankmehta.
I am pretty sure the concept of a Tuning Box is such that you can remove it yourself before a service, and drive around a few kilometres, after which they would not even know it was there.

I believe that prevents voiding of warranty. If one forgets to remove it, that is a different matter altogether.
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you frankmehta.
I had a word with Chetan from RD and he said that a box for the Ecosport is in the works and will be launched any time soon.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 19:56   #66
BHPian

All the accessories have started appearing on Ali express and most of them have free shipping to India too. Here have a look

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...33&needQuery=y
autotranny is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:54   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks shashank for the very useful info,you seem to know a lot about projectors.I think ill wait for your review after you fix them.
Can you give me a contact in hyderabad or elsewhere who can do this job perfectly.
I've only been researching a lot, yet to get an install done My car is scheduled to come sometime in November (Titanium o) i'm actually thinking of delaying the delivery till I can get a 2014 model, so my car is a good 6 months or so away,should you choose to wait till I can install projectors

I don't know anyone in hyderabad, but you can may be try looking in the Tbhp directory or post in the Auto lighting thread.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 00:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
All the accessories have started appearing on Ali express and most of them have free shipping to India too. Here have a look

Thanks autotranny, a very useful link indeed.Do you know anyone in Hyderabad with these in stock, motomind s will get some of them in a week.Ill post some of the accessories I liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I've only been researching a lot, yet to get an install done My car is scheduled to come sometime in November (Titanium o) i'm actually thinking of delaying the delivery till I can get a 2014 model, so my car is a good 6 months or so away,should you choose to wait till I can install projectors

I don't know anyone in hyderabad, but you can may be try looking in the Tbhp directory or post in the Auto lighting thread.
Thanks, can you provide the bangalore contact.
Old 3rd August 2013, 01:37   #69
BHPian

Quote:

I went through the website, the products are really quite impressive! (Affordable too)

However, I also went through some reviews of the website, for checking their reliability and surprisingly, the reviews were very negative. For someone looking to make a purchase through them, I would recommend buying something not very expensive first (<INR 1,000) and see.

I will be making a couple purchases soon as soon as I get the delivery.

Last edited by DeKay : 3rd August 2013 at 01:39.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 02:17   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I went through the website, the products are really quite impressive! (Affordable too)

However, I also went through some reviews of the website, for checking their reliability and surprisingly, the reviews were very negative. For someone looking to make a purchase through them, I would recommend buying something not very expensive first (<INR 1,000) and see.

I would be making a couple purchases soon as soon as I get the delivery.

Please post some of the accessories you like, I will do the same.
I have one question, will the sync still work if we upgrade to the plug and play type touch screen/ dvd/navigator/bluetooth?
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130803003717.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130803000540.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130724232659.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130803000801.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130801052516.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130803021314.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130803021157.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130803020828.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130803020702.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130803020212.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130803020133.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20130803015204.png  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-img20130725wa0010.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 3rd August 2013 at 02:20.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 03:35   #71
BHPian

This is an awesome and equally informative thread.

For a poor soul like me, I am happy to see all you "EcoSporters" behave like toddlers in a candy shop . I want the fog lamps/ I want 3-D mats/ I want parking sensors lol.

And my god there are hell lot of accessories to choose from for the EcoSport. There is so much that you can get if you are willing to loosen your purse strings. It's like a virtual car market.

For me the Fog Lamps with integrated DRL's are a must have!

P.S. All EcoSport owners, kindly keep posting pics of each and every accessory that you put on because as a famous poet said "na miley tum humey... yeh taqdeer humari thi, jis se rooh ko sukoon mila... woh tasveer tumhari thi" (You couldn't be mine that was my destiny, but the at least your photo brought peace to my soul)
captain.torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 03:43   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

Anybody interested in sunroof ?
Hebasto has a model for ecosport.
Heard they do a decent job.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-fordecosport7.jpeg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-fordecosport2.jpeg  

ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:48   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Please post some of the accessories you like.
Apart from the rain shields for ORVMs,

I really liked these:
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-2013fordecosportnonslippadgateslotcushionnoisereductionpadsfor16pcsstoragebox.jpg
And this:
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 8955
Size:  481.0 KB

I'll probably buy the leather key holder first, since it is very cheap. Later on if I'm satisfied with the product and shipping, I will probably buy the rain shields,the 16 piece rubber mat set and the door sills.

Last edited by DeKay : 3rd August 2013 at 10:51.
DeKay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 14:39   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post

I will be making a couple purchases soon as soon as I get the delivery.
Dekay, AliExpress is a very reputed site worldwide. The reviews that you are mentioning maybe for the individual seller. Anyway be assured that AliExpress gives you Alipay payment protection, wherein you will be entitled to get your money back in case of a dispute. Its almost same as the Ebay buyer protection.

I'm a regular buyer on Aliexpress. No problems so far.
autotranny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 18:08   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Dekay, AliExpress is a very reputed site worldwide. The reviews that you are mentioning maybe for the individual seller. Anyway be assured that AliExpress gives you Alipay payment protection, wherein you will be entitled to get your money back in case of a dispute. Its almost same as the Ebay buyer protection.

I'm a regular buyer on Aliexpress. No problems so far.
Alright! Thanks a lot mate.
The reviews I am talking about, are here:
http://http://www.trustpilot.com/rev...aliexpress.com

http://http://www.resellerratings.com/store/AliExpress

But since you say they are legit, I will definitely try them out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks