Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 15:14   #211
BHPian

re: BBLost's Chevrolet Sail UVA: 100k. Full Suspension Overhaul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Attachment 1229974

I don't have a picture of the old cowl.
But the new one has a rubber beading that runs along the edge. I don't think the old one had this.

I have driven about 1.5k kms since the change. The noise has not come back.

I am surprised the service center did not take this change on their own. This is a fairly well documented issue with them.

I had to go back to the service center on Saturday as the engine rev issue was back.

They have updated my ECM with the latest version.
While I was getting it done, I saw a Sail Sedan getting its rubber beading replaced.
They had done this for me during my last service.

To summarize, they have to replace the cowl and the rubber beading in all the doors.

Escalate if you must, the service center is being stupid by pissing of a customer of such a low selling car.

On Saturday there was a free service camp in progress. They gave everyone a puff and a packet of biscuits along with a bottle of juice. I also got a complimentary car wash and a pen stand.
Thanks for posting the pic. Yes they also called me for the same but had some other commitments so couldnt go.

When u say rubber beading are you referring to the door beading ?? Typically the area between the door & the body??

I will call them up today & seek an appointment for replacement. Also my battery was leaking previously it actually ate up the paint on the battery tray. They just gave the car back saying battery water holes were loosely closed. I think I will go hard if they are reluctant on anything.

Thanks again happy cruising.
g.e

Last edited by geekyengineer : 14th April 2014 at 15:16.
Old 14th April 2014, 15:29   #212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
Thanks for posting the pic. Yes they also called me for the same but had some other commitments so couldnt go.

When u say rubber beading are you referring to the door beading ?? Typically the area between the door & the body??

I will call them up today & seek an appointment for replacement. Also my battery was leaking previously it actually ate up the paint on the battery tray. They just gave the car back saying battery water holes were loosely closed. I think I will go hard if they are reluctant on anything.

Thanks again happy cruising.
g.e
The rubber beading that holds the window glass.

This replacement takes less than an hour.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 15:31   #213
Team-BHP Support

I drove 670 kms from Hyderabad to Chennai.

The revs issue came back. Chevy Hyderabad put me in touch with a Chennai dealer.

Despite a last minute thing, they somehow got a new throttle body for my car.

My drive back should confirm the fix.

Except for this very annoying problem the car behaved quite well.

I always liked its brakes. Yesterday the smooth way in which I can shed speed was really helpful.
Old 19th April 2014, 23:16   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I drove 670 kms from Hyderabad to Chennai.

The revs issue came back. Chevy Hyderabad put me in touch with a Chennai dealer.

Despite a last minute thing, they somehow got a new throttle body for my car.

My drive back should confirm the fix.

Except for this very annoying problem the car behaved quite well.

I always liked its brakes. Yesterday the smooth way in which I can shed speed was really helpful.
Nice to know that you had a long drive with the new Sail UVA. Does it feel solid and sturdy to drive or is it like a Japanese or Korean car ?

What was the fuel consumption during the long run?
Sorry to ask that question "average kya hain?"
Old 19th April 2014, 23:43   #215
Team-BHP Support

Mileage was a poor 13.x kmpl.

Could be due to the throttle body and different pump used for filling petrol.

The car and its suspension is quite solid. No complaints on those fronts from men or the passengers.
Old 20th April 2014, 02:25   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The only thing I miss is a sun roof. I would have really really liked it bu it was only available in the i20 and I hated everything else about that car.
Can be fitted aftermarket...Webasto makes a kit. Autopshyche has done a few cars
Old 20th April 2014, 06:41   #217
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Can be fitted aftermarket...Webasto makes a kit. Autopshyche has done a few cars
Sorry for the doubt but won't it affect structural rigidity?

IMO, isn't it best of such features come fit from factory rather than an aftermarket install. In case not done properly then water seepage etc would start.

Anurag.
Old 21st April 2014, 19:02   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sorry for the doubt but won't it affect structural rigidity?

IMO, isn't it best of such features come fit from factory rather than an aftermarket install. In case not done properly then water seepage etc would start.

Anurag.
No it wont because you are only cutting the roof panel and leaving the structural framework like A & B pillars etc intact.

Its tested for water leaks after install

Yes factory fitted is ideal, but if thats not forthcoming, then this is not a risky proposition either. Webasto is an OEM supplier so they know how to make it work in the long term.

Last edited by Mpower : 15th June 2014 at 17:45.
Old 22nd April 2014, 18:19   #219
Team-BHP Support

A quick update.
Car crossed the 10k mark on the odo.

Had a lovely drive from Chennai to Ooty.
Absolutely no issues with rpm.

Was able to maintain good speeds on both the highways and the ghats.

Its not a fast car but can easily maintain safe cruising speed. On the ghat I was able to tail a yellow plate cab without worry.
Old 22nd April 2014, 18:22   #220
BANNED

Quote:
A quick update.
Car crossed the 10k mark on the odo.

Had a lovely drive from Chennai to Ooty.
Absolutely no issues with rpm.

Was able to maintain good speeds on both the highways and the ghats.

Its not a fast car but can easily maintain safe cruising speed. On the ghat I was able to tail a yellow plate cab without worry.
Nice too see the car behave well over the trip.

How long did you take from Chennai to Hyderabad and how are the roads?

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd April 2014 at 18:29. Reason: Got the answer reading the older posts. Thanks.
Old 22nd April 2014, 18:35   #221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Nice too see the car behave well over the trip.

What is the status on the fuel pump or the throttle body? Was it replaced here in Hyderabad or in Chennai?

Anurag.
I drove down to Chennai on Friday. Issue came back.

I called my SA in Hyderabad. He asked me to go to the service center in Chennai. He passed me all the contact info. At Chennai the service team confirmed that the throttle body must be replaced. But they said no stock in hand. Promised they will get it by Tuesday.

I called my SA and he pulled some strings. The throttle body was located in some other center and immediately sent to the location I was in.

I got my car back within 4 hours.

Considering this is a low volume car, I am quite happy.

I would recommend Chevy to anyone.

If anyone from Chevy is reading this, I want to mention a special word of appreciation for Tirupathi.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 11:40   #222
Team-BHP Support

My car has crossed 11,250 kms.

A fantastic vacation with my dear family took us thru the sands of Chennai to the Hills of Ooty.
Some 2,000 kms over a week and I am so much in love with this car.

She climbed the hills with a lot of grace. Kept us cool in the scorching summer. Absorbed the bad roads in the drive to the Hotel.

Returned an average of about 14 kmpl.

Felt safe and composed at all times.

The only drawback was the limited boot space. I made it worse by packing my stuff in a large suitcase. Using soft bags will negate this drawback in the future.

Only once did my kid feel car sick. Happened while coming down the 36 hair pin bends. Poor girl had just eaten a biscuit and with no way to see the road ahead due to window blinds and her child seat, she felt sick.

The car has very limited body roll that kept my son and wife completely at ease.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 14:03   #223
BHPian

So a quick update I did a small trip of around 500 kms around beaches of Maharashtra, the car behaved well but I strongly feel that you need sun films in Indian summer additionally this 1.2 engine at times struggled during over taking.

Post trip the odo was at 56xx and first 6 month service was due, I had two complaints one about the front windsheld noise they changed the cowl and noise seems to have gone for now. They did not change the door rubber beading stating that there are no service bulletin for the same.

Second complaint was battery leaking the battery water. I was suggesting to get the battery replaced but they have given me battery health report stating battry ok & leak was due to excess battery water. I get my vehicle serviced at Chevy thane but would look for options for next service.

Lastly they are now offering the 4th and 5th year extended warrenty at mere 5700
Old 8th May 2014, 14:12   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
So a quick update I did a small trip of around 500 kms around beaches of Maharashtra, the car behaved well but I strongly feel that you need sun films in Indian summer additionally this 1.2 engine at times struggled during over taking.
Its definitely underpowered. Weighs around 1060 kilos and has just 88 odd horses. :(
But if you are willing to drop a gear or two and work it out, the car can pull itself.

I am planning on getting a K&N stock filter to hopefully see some improvement.

Having said that, since the car has minimal body roll and can corners quite confidently, I don't lose speed at turns.

I did not encounter issues in reaching the speed limits (120 kmph) in most places.

Quote:
Lastly they are now offering the 4th and 5th year extended warrenty at mere 5700
Always recommended. I feel better having bought this.
Old 8th May 2014, 14:22   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Its definitely underpowered. Weighs around 1060 kilos and has just 88 odd horses. :(
But if you are willing to drop a gear or two and work it out, the car can pull itself.

I am planning on getting a K&N stock filter to hopefully see some improvement.

Having said that, since the car has minimal body roll and can corners quite confidently, I don't lose speed at turns.

I did not encounter issues in reaching the speed limits (120 kmph) in most places.

Always recommended. I feel better having bought this.
Additionally I dont know why but I get same FE of 11.5-12 on highways as well as city.

I also agree on extended warranty but being in Mumbai I plan to switch to CNG in couple of years & that voids warranty so still confused if I should go for it or no.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks