Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2014, 14:27   #226
Team-BHP Support

re: BBLost's Chevrolet Sail UVA: 100k. Full Suspension Overhaul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
Additionally I dont know why but I get same FE of 11.5-12 on highways as well as city.
I use 35 psi in my tires. Makes the ride a little bouncy but I like it this way.
Mostly I change gears at around 3k rpm.

Try this to see if mileage improves.
Old 16th June 2014, 16:57   #227

Hi BBLost,

Thanks for your detailed write up on Chevy Sail UVA ownership, I was looking for the reviews of this car and luckily it was T-BHP that came to my rescue. I am currently in search of a small / mid size car for my dad which will essentially be used by my parents, it would be great help if you could let me know if you would still recommend the car and especially for a person who would using the car is elderly. My dad is used to driving an Hyundai Accent Petrol and was always quite comfortable driving but with increasing traffic and discomfort he wanted to to shift to a smaller one (he did not like BEAT) and preferred Sail UVA over during test drives. The usage will be quite less max of aound 500 - 700 KM over a month.

I have contacted KUN Nagole and have been speaking to a Sales Person by name Kiran (not sure if he is the same person you were referring to in your post, ofcourse you were mentioned about the Kondapur showroom). I have have been given a quote of 5.6 L for LS ABS model alogn with some basic accessories. The actual On road price being quoted is 5.87, hope this is a good deal or is there anything we can still push for.

Are there any tips that I can follow prior to going for the booking and any other suggestions please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I drove down to Chennai on Friday. Issue came back.

I called my SA in Hyderabad. He asked me to go to the service center in Chennai. He passed me all the contact info. At Chennai the service team confirmed that the throttle body must be replaced. But they said no stock in hand. Promised they will get it by Tuesday.

I called my SA and he pulled some strings. The throttle body was located in some other center and immediately sent to the location I was in.

I got my car back within 4 hours.

Considering this is a low volume car, I am quite happy.

I would recommend Chevy to anyone.

If anyone from Chevy is reading this, I want to mention a special word of appreciation for Tirupathi.
Old 16th June 2014, 17:05   #228
Team-BHP Support

Manvik.
I absolutely love this car and its very comfortable to drive.

But the clutch has a long throw and you need to check if your dad is ok with it. Assuming he is going to be driving it.

There is a lot of space in this car and I have driven it non-stop for more than a couple of hours.

@Kiran: You can see my Kiran's picture in the first page.

I am not very good at the deals stuff. But 5.6 seems like a good price.

I would actually recommend a Brio automatic for your dad. Its very nifty and it provides a great view thanks to its large glass area.
Old 16th June 2014, 19:10   #229
Senior - BHPian

Hey Imran.
I read through your entire thread. Your write up will definitely convince a lot of people about the Sail.

Just one Question: Did that annoying RPM issue get fixed or is it still haunting you?
Old 16th June 2014, 20:30   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Hey Imran.
I read through your entire thread. Your write up will definitely convince a lot of people about the Sail.

Just one Question: Did that annoying RPM issue get fixed or is it still haunting you?
After throttle body was replaced I have driven close to 3k kms. In all terrains and traffic conditions.
No issue so far.
Very happy about this.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 23:18   #231
BHPian

@ Manvik, I got my LS ABS at 5.8 on road. That was Dec'12 when sedan wasn't launched. After the launch of Sail sedan, price of hatchback was dropped by 25K, if I am not wrong. Also being low selling car I think you can push them harder and get much better deal. Consider getting insurance from outside, it saved me almost 10K bucks.
indianvirus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 18:22   #232

Hi All,

Thank you so much for the inputs, I am still trying bargain hard on the price.

BBLost, thanks for letting me know the possible issue with the clutch taking into account that my dad would be driving the car, I will make him take a test drive and see in case he is finding it difficult. Also I had Honda Brio on my mind, i will check on that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
@ Manvik, I got my LS ABS at 5.8 on road. That was Dec'12 when sedan wasn't launched. After the launch of Sail sedan, price of hatchback was dropped by 25K, if I am not wrong. Also being low selling car I think you can push them harder and get much better deal. Consider getting insurance from outside, it saved me almost 10K bucks.
Old 14th August 2014, 18:33   #233
Team-BHP Support

Car went in today at 10:00 AM for its 15,000 kms (1 year) service. It was at my usual Kun Hafeezpet center.

At 4:00 PM the very friendly service adviser (Mani) called and said car is ready.

Rs 1526 for oils, filter and brake oil top up.
Also got the 4 wheels rotated.

The car is running very smoothly and I am enjoying every bit of the ownership.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 19:59   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Car went in today at 10:00 AM for its 15,000 kms (1 year) service. It was at my usual Kun Hafeezpet center.

At 4:00 PM the very friendly service adviser (Mani) called and said car is ready.

Rs 1526 for oils, filter and brake oil top up.
Also got the 4 wheels rotated.

The car is running very smoothly and I am enjoying every bit of the ownership.
That is impressive. No oil change at 15k? Only top up?
Old 14th August 2014, 20:44   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
That is impressive. No oil change at 15k? Only top up?
They used Elf5w30 Total.
3.75 Liters at 293.45 a Liter.

I asked a couple of times because it felt quite low priced.
They assured me that this synthetic oil is used in all the cars.
Old 15th August 2014, 14:21   #236
Team-BHP Support

Today also happens to be my nieces birthday. They live about 70 kms away via the ORR.

For the service I had removed all my stuff from the car. So today when I drove at the speed limit of 120 kmph with my kids secured in their child seats. I realized that one of my wishes has come true. Zero rattles.

Only some wind noise but not a creak nor a shudder. Sweet.

BBLost's Chevrolet Sail UVA: 100k. Full Suspension Overhaul.-sail.jpg

Last edited by bblost : 15th August 2014 at 23:00.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 14:39   #237
BHPian

@bblost: Glad to see you loving you your Sail ownership.

I almost bought the Corsa Sail years ago such a lovely hatchback it was, but then we bought the Fiat Uno.

Our Chevy Aveo 1.4 Petrol has also served us very well for 5.5 years in running 50K kms, first 3 years zero maintenance package & since then total maintenance costs have been just 18K, plus 30K+ of accident repairs :/ in dented doors, punctured radiator once.

Spares & service have both been reasonably priced. Unfortunate for GM they made some mistakes here but superb cars.
Old 10th October 2014, 16:22   #238
Team-BHP Support

I drove down to Chennai from Hyderabad to celebrate Eid.

The car is fantastic on the highways. Sure she could drive faster and accelerate more rapidly but I drive with family and stick to sane speeds.

The suspension is very sweet. It soaks up most roads quite well.

The odometers stands at over 18,500.
With the prices of petrol on a downward spiral, things are just getting better and better.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 15:06   #239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have such a video and also the SA understands the issue. I asked him if he wants such a video and he just smiled and said its not necessary.

Attachment 1190297

This is a much cleaner loading thanks to the bike shop guy. I removed my daughter's large child seat and kept it in the front seat. My son's smaller child seat can be seen on the rear seat.

This is to allow some room for maneuvering inside the cabin. To prevent staining or scratching the inside.

Just saw this post via another forum, bikeszone. Two car seats? Bicycles being loaded in car? There's so much in common I could discuss with you it's not funny.

I'm on the verge of buying my first bike and have been thinking the best ways to transport it to different parts of town for specific rides. I'm assuming the civic boot would come up short but I'm more hopeful of the Sunny. Loading it at the back like you did sounds like a good idea. Are there any bike racks that load on the BOOT of sedans as well (not roof)?
Old 11th November 2014, 22:32   #240
Team-BHP Support

My car is at almost 20,000 kms.

No complaints what so ever.

But today I did a very foolish thing. Forgot to switch off the parking lights and Fogs.

When I came to the parking lot at almost 7 PM. Found the battery fully drained. Even the remote got no response.

Since I was parked in a multi level parking on an upper floor, I tried to roll it down a ramp and try. Did not work. Absolutely no response.

I called Chevy and was given the number for break down service.
They gave me the number for the mechanic who handles this. I spoke with him and he said he is attending someone and should be able to come in 2 hours.

I asked him to call me and meanwhile thanks to a friend went shopping. Got some wires and tried to jump start the car. I learnt a new lesson. The jump start attempts work only with really thick wires.

I called back the mechanic. He said he will be along in 20 mins. Sure enough he came. Hooked up his Spark to my Sail. Car started.

While removing the jumper cables. He mentioned a mild whistling sound coming from the throttle body. Asked me to come to service center whenever feasible and get it checked out.

I was charged Rs 450 for this service.
Very impressed by the prompt and profession response.

I was on the road at around 9 PM. 2 hours after finding myself stuck with a dead battery.

Last edited by bblost : 11th November 2014 at 22:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks