Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2015, 01:01   #271
Team-BHP Support

re: BBLost's Chevrolet Sail UVA: 100k. Full Suspension Overhaul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesj View Post
Just asking as I'm not very knowledgeable on this - how old is acceptable?
The present status is - I had made an initial payment of 1 lac. The remaining amount I plan to give by cheque, once the dealer confirms to me the status of the vehicle (which should happen by tomorrow afternoon). I'm informed that the vehicle is on a trailer en-route from Halol.

Please advise on how to proceed with this deal. The dealer also days that the vehicle will be given only after realization of the cheque. Thanks!
The biggest concern is that the car was lying at the Dealers Shed. Where it can get abused by the staff as personal car or a demo car.

If the car is coming in from the factory, then that is good news.
Just verify the same.
Old 15th July 2015, 22:17   #272
Team-BHP Support

Nothing out of the ordinary just that the car completed its 30,000 kms service.

BBLost's Chevrolet Sail UVA: 100k. Full Suspension Overhaul.-bill.jpg

Bill came to Rs. 5830/-

No complaints and no niggles.

The odometer is at 29950 or so.
Old 20th August 2015, 21:40   #273
Team-BHP Support

Its exactly two years since I got this car.
Its driven close to 32,000 kms and I have enjoyed almost every single one of them

The car performs like it always has. Boring and uneventful ownership.
I am definitely not complaining as this was exactly what I wanted.

Early August I had a personal emergency which needed me drive down to Chennai and return 3 days later.
Drove thru pouring rain and the car never lost its composure.
I drive non-stop. So car gets switched on at origin city and switches off at destination.
The only time it gets a break is for refueling.

I am very happy with the way things are going.

Last edited by bblost : 20th August 2015 at 21:41.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 12:40   #274
Team-BHP Support

Last month was another long drive over a weekend.
Did Hyderabad to Hampi.

On the way encountered some really nasty craters but the car just took them in her stride and all it asked me to do was slow down.

The odo has crossed 35,000 and I sometimes feel that maybe a Diesel would have been a better choice. But I never expected I will be driving so much. The car has become our default choice for all road trips. Even as I type this am planning on a long one for December during the Christmas vacation.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 22:44   #275
Team-BHP Support

Chevrolet India is downsizing and one of the casualties was my service center operated by Kun at Hafeezpet.
So I contacted Orange Auto located at Sanat Nagar. As usual they said no appointment necessary. Anyways I told them to expect me at around 9:30 AM.

I woke up late and and managed to get out of my house at 9:30 AM. They called me at 9:45 AM and asked me if there was any issue.

Anyways the service center is almost 30 kms away from my home and 14 kms from my office. I reached them at 10:35 and dropped off the car with the SA.

There was only one complaint. A mild rattle from the dashboard. Delivery was promised by 5:30 PM.

I mount my cycle on the car and use it to commute between the service center and my office.

Called up my SA at 4 PM and he assured me the car will be ready by 5:30. I reached at 5:35 PM.
The test drive and billing took more time than it should have. The wash was not really very good. Too many water spots on the glasses and the body as well. I pointed them out to the SA and mentioned the same in the feedback form.

But the rattle was fixed and that was the only thing I was interested in.
Total bill was 1800.

I also picked up a new set of mats for the car. The next long drive is planned to Chennai sometime later this week.

The shutting down of service centers was a sore point. But overall this new one feels fine. They had a lot of cars and were evidently busy.

My doubts with regard to the downsizing are laid to rest.

My car with the cycle mounted behind it.
BBLost's Chevrolet Sail UVA: 100k. Full Suspension Overhaul.-12360094_10207845590559112_2843834174708345609_n.jpg

I remove the rear tire because it extends beyond the cars body and I find it scary.
Plus the puny cycle rack stays secure with the lesser weight.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 17:13   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
My car with the cycle mounted behind it.
I see that you have the Allen bike rack too. I have the same, which can fit 2 cycles and have been using it for about 2 years now. It has never failed me so far.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 21:49   #277
Team-BHP Support

The car did one more trip from Hyderabad to Chennai. My drives are almost always non-stop. I stop only when I need to fill fuel.
On the Hyderabad to Chennai trip, I encountered a lot of fog. This ended up tiring me out and hence had to stop for a cup of tea.

My Sail does these non-stop runs without any complaint. That is a run of almost 10-12 hours nonstop with the AC on for almost 90% of the time.
The mileage is a decent 15+ kmpl.

Considering the miles I am adding up, maybe just maybe buying a Diesel would have been a smarter move. But apart from that one issue, no complaint with the car.

One interesting thing is that the stock ICE accepts a 32GB pen drives with more than 13GB of music loaded in it. It plays all of them. My old pen drives of 8GB capacity were unable to play if they had more than 4 GB of music on them.
Old 28th December 2015, 19:02   #278
BHPian

Quote:
...My car with the cycle mounted behind it...
I have major safety concerns about this. I have seen this on quite a few cars in the city. At night the rack is almost invisible, especially on roads with no street lighting. Please add reflector tape to the rack to make it visible.
lucifer1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 19:13   #279
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
I have major safety concerns about this. I have seen this on quite a few cars in the city. At night the rack is almost invisible, especially on roads with no street lighting. Please add reflector tape to the rack to make it visible.
100% agree with this.

The rack is only used when the cycle is mounted on it. Else I pack it up and keep it in the boot.
The folded rack is very small.

The cycle has a lot of 3M reflector tape stuck on it. As I sometimes cycle in the late evenings.

Last edited by bblost : 28th December 2015 at 19:16.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 20:40   #280
BHPian

Bblost ODO of my Sail Sedan at 30k+ currently. Apart from from initial minor niggles, no major issues with car, going absolutely smooth & fine.

Last edited by bblost : 28th December 2015 at 21:06. Reason: Thanks, but please avoid typing with multiple......
geekyengineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 21:10   #281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
Bblost ODO of my Sail Sedan at 30k+ currently. Apart from from initial minor niggles, no major issues with car, going absolutely smooth & fine.
No doubt that the Sail Twins are the most underrated cars for this decade.

Not once do I worry about undertaking a long drive. Never worry about something failing. The service center is now quite far from home and office. But its only once every six months. So I am fine with that.
The staff at both the Kun and Orange have been very good and don't push any unnecessary things.

Just wish the higher ups at Chevy do justice to their brand.
Old 29th December 2015, 19:33   #282
BHPian

Quote:
No doubt that the Sail Twins are the most underrated cars for this decade.

Not once do I worry about undertaking a long drive. Never worry about something failing. The service center is now quite far from home and office. But its only once every six months. So I am fine with that.
The staff at both the Kun and Orange have been very good and don't push any unnecessary things.

Just wish the higher ups at Chevy do justice to their brand.
My heart goes out for the product managers at Chevy. Classic example of how a bad marketing strategy can ruin a wonderful product.

Too lazy since last 2 years to write an ownership report but the ride keeps you busy.!!
geekyengineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 12:37   #283
Team-BHP Support

I decided to get my car serviced as there were two issues and it was feeling a little rough.

Issue 1:
Driver Window started making a noise when rolling. One day it got stuck and refused to move. I kept fiddling with the switch and it suddenly went up and closed. I did not touch it and let it stay closed.

Issue 2:
Rear left hand side seatbelt would not retract or extend smoothly. This was for my daughters booster seat and hence a big pain.

I called up on Monday and booked an appointment at Orange Auto for Tuesday.
This service center is approx 25 kms from my home and 13 kms from my office.

So early Tuesday morning, I loaded my cycle on the car and reached the service center at 9:00 AM.

A service adviser (Mr Nadeem) was assigned to my car and he quickly noted down all the points. He was a sweet chap and I later found his picture put up on a notice board as the best Service Adviser.

I was told that by 3:00 PM they will let me know if the car can be delivered by evening.

At 3:00 PM I was informed that my brake pads needed to be replaced. Rs 1600 and I approved the same.

At 5:00 PM, I was informed that the car will be ready by 6:30 PM.
I cycled down to the service center and had to wait at the reception for some 10-20 mins before the car was returned to me.

Unfortunately the seat-belt mechanism and the window issue could not be fixed as they did not have the spares. An order was placed and I was assured they will get them in 15 days.

I paid my bills and gave the security guys my gate pass and only then realized that the window was down.
It would not go up.

There was no way I was willing to take the car back like this.
I told the SA that something must be done about it.

They had no spares and the technician even demoed that the problem was in the channel. Without replacing that component they cannot fix it.
I had no choice but to tell them that I will not take the car and instead to give me a spare car. Since I am 25 kms from home and its already dark.

The service head assured me that they will figure out a way.
Some 30 mins later they finally swapped my broken channel with a working one from a demo or scrapped car. I have no idea what.
They kept my broken channel and said the warranty replacement will be fixed into their demo / scrap car.

I left the service center at 8:30 PM. A good two hours late but with the knowledge that Chevrolet Orange went out of their way to solve this issue. Ideally they should have caught the busted window. But even I did not catch it till the time I was ready to leave.

Car is smooth and feels good to drive.

Last edited by bblost : 20th April 2016 at 13:53.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 11:19   #284
BHPian

The windshield on my Sail HB got a crack (which feels smooth from the inside) last night after a heavy dust storm. Planning to avail insurance. Replacement cost is ~Rs. 7000/-. Have zero dep. insurance which expires next month. Checked with the insurance guy at the workshop who said that all I have to pay is Rs. 1000/-, the rest is covered. I enquired if I could get it changed after renewal of insurance (with NCB). He said, there wasn't a problem, but I should avail the claim after 10 days from new policy date. Please advice.

P.S: BBlost, I acknowledge this thread is about your car (hence I'm even hesitant to post the pics). But, did so since you too have the same car.
Old 17th May 2016, 12:31   #285
Team-BHP Support

My car just did a roundabout trip to Goa from Hyderabad. Absolutely no issues in the way she handles and drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesj View Post
The windshield on my Sail HB got a crack (which feels smooth from the inside) last night after a heavy dust storm. Planning to avail insurance. Replacement cost is ~Rs. 7000/-. Have zero dep. insurance which expires next month. Checked with the insurance guy at the workshop who said that all I have to pay is Rs. 1000/-, the rest is covered. I enquired if I could get it changed after renewal of insurance (with NCB). He said, there wasn't a problem, but I should avail the claim after 10 days from new policy date. Please advice.

P.S: BBlost, I acknowledge this thread is about your car (hence I'm even hesitant to post the pics). But, did so since you too have the same car.
You can add pics,. No Issues on that. But I feel this issue will get much better feedback in the insurance related section.

I would however advice you to replace the windshield without delay and try the Windshield Expert guys. They are known to give a lower quote than OEM.

Some cracks can also be repaired if taken to them immediately.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks