Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2013, 21:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)

Many congratulations!

The color looks good and your pictures do the justice to it!

Interior pictures can be more munchy, Happy motoring!
Old 18th August 2013, 00:31   #17
BHPian

Hey Monsoon,

Congrats on your car. Your review has answered many of the questions I had and also gave some new insights.
Happy motoring.

Rgds
Dinesh
Old 19th August 2013, 15:37   #18
BHPian

Congrats Monsoon on your new car. This was a short, crisp and informative review.

Some EcoSport owners had written about the OEM head lamps not being upto the mark. Did you feel the same?
Old 19th August 2013, 17:18   #19
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice Report, The only disadvantage of Grey colour vs all the others including the Black one is that the Blackish Cladding simply merges with the car colour so that bit of sporty rugged look of an SUV / contrast of colours goes missing.

I guess if you can keep the car manual and documents below the passenger seat storage then the in-dash storage would get free for 6 cans
Old 19th August 2013, 19:12   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I guess if you can keep the car manual and documents below the passenger seat storage then the in-dash storage would get free for 6 cans
AFAIK, there are two compartments inside the glove box. The top section is to keep the documents and the bottom section is to chill the drinks. Correct me if am wrong.
Old 19th August 2013, 23:13   #21
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
AFAIK, there are two compartments inside the glove box. The top section is to keep the documents and the bottom section is to chill the drinks. Correct me if am wrong.
You are indeed correct. But the upper compartment may prove to be too small for all the documents as they start piling up. (maybe even at the start - not too sure - others can comment) I tend to keep all the service bills, all the insurance papers etc, along with the car papers. The folder keeps getting bigger and bigger and then does not fit in the glove box. The Laura too has a below the passenger seat storage compartment but that one is too small to take the documents even. If the one in the EcoSport is big enough then it would be a good place to keep the documents free and leave the indash compartment for odd stuff like the wet wipes, the extra sun glasses, etc.
Old 20th August 2013, 12:50   #22
BHPian

Congratulations Monsoon on your new pick.Wish you many years of happy motoring in your new ride.Ford eco sport makes sense as a second car,as you have mentioned you already have a CRV. Because as I see it this car is only ment for two adults (comfy) in the back any additional person would be crowding it .How is the rear view from driver's position,is it restricted?.So that would mean that there is a problem in checking out the front and rear ,could prove cumbersome in tight situations no?
Old 20th August 2013, 19:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
But for some reason, I feel it could have been a wee bit narrower.
Thanks for the extremely balanced review of your new toy . The review has really answered most of the queries I had which has been echoed by our friends on the forum.

Most reviews have been talking about the vehicle not being wide enough to accommodate the fifth passenger that we are always very fond of. However, you have mentioned that you wanted it to be a bit narrower. So I'm a bit confused. In fact the short width was one of the drawbacks I felt for potential buyers.

Request you to please share your views on your experience of accommodating three people at the rear.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 21st August 2013, 20:29   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I drove the Ecoboost variant but came back quite disappointed. It is all good on paper. I just could not feel the 125PS. Not an enthusiast engine.

During my drive, I struggled slotting in third gear. Do you face a similar issue? You are probably used to the gates by now.
I had the same impression of Ecoboost. I did not feel the 125 horses at all. This made me change my mind and go for the Diesel variant instead of the Ecoboost one. My test drive of Ecoboost was restricted to the city, I have a guess the highway performance will be more impressive, though I would guess, probably still not in the same class as the Polo GT TSI.

I found slotting into the third gear to be slightly more notchy than other gears, but nothing to complain about. Still one of the best gear boxes around in terms of short gear knob that is nice to hold, reasonably short throws and smooth, effortless operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Congratulations on your new ride! It is a stunning car & I agree with almost everything you have said based on my experience with my Ecosport so far!

The only think i would disagree is your impression of Ambient grill being cartoonish since I have an ambient & I think the black theme (ORVM, Grill, Cladding, roof rails etc in my Chill Mettalic) makes the ecosport look very cool. In fact one of the few things i liked in the Ambient version was the black grill since my personal opinion was that the chrome grill was too much bling (no offence again). As always we all have our own unique individual likes and dislikes. Each to his own love.
Rajkumar, no offense meant here. As you say it is a matter of personal preferences. Probably the massive all-black grill would look OK on lighter vehicle color shades like Chill or even Kinetic blue. Maybe too much of a dark look on a sea grey or black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddarthbh View Post
Congrats Monsoon on your new car. This was a short, crisp and informative review.

Some EcoSport owners had written about the OEM head lamps not being up to the mark. Did you feel the same?
I agree the OEM headlamps are too weak. Maybe OK for city driving but definitely lack brightness for long distance vision on highways at night. Theer are some other ownership reports here where people have talked about changing the bulb out for a brighter one with the same power ratings. I will probably do the same sometime down the road.

Quote:
Nice Report, The only disadvantage of Grey colour vs all the others including the Black one is that the Blackish Cladding simply merges with the car colour so that bit of sporty rugged look of an SUV / contrast of colours goes missing.
I agree. The cladding is hardly visible on the sea grey shade. I actually do not like the cladding concept generally and would rather not have one, so Sea Grey works perfectly for me, since the cladding is almost invisible. In my view, the car looks more grown up/"professional" without it.

Quote:
You are indeed correct. But the upper compartment may prove to be too small for all the documents as they start piling up. (maybe even at the start - not too sure - others can comment) I tend to keep all the service bills, all the insurance papers etc, along with the car papers. The folder keeps getting bigger and bigger and then does not fit in the glove box. The Laura too has a below the passenger seat storage compartment but that one is too small to take the documents even. If the one in the EcoSport is big enough then it would be a good place to keep the documents free and leave the indash compartment for odd stuff like the wet wipes, the extra sun glasses, etc.
Totally right. Even without all the "document build up" that happens over time, the owners manual with the dealer provided leather jacket is already too big to fit on the upper tray of the glove box. The under-seat storage is a good alternative but I generally dislike any loose items in my car and am concerned it may bounce around and make noise while driving. I guess for me, the only thing that is going to enjoy all the cool air in the glove box is the owners manual and its nice leather jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramanjit View Post
Congratulations Monsoon on your new pick.Wish you many years of happy motoring in your new ride.Ford eco sport makes sense as a second car,as you have mentioned you already have a CRV. Because as I see it this car is only ment for two adults (comfy) in the back any additional person would be crowding it .How is the rear view from driver's position,is it restricted?.So that would mean that there is a problem in checking out the front and rear ,could prove cumbersome in tight situations no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayadalam View Post
Thanks for the extremely balanced review of your new toy . The review has really answered most of the queries I had which has been echoed by our friends on the forum.

Most reviews have been talking about the vehicle not being wide enough to accommodate the fifth passenger that we are always very fond of. However, you have mentioned that you wanted it to be a bit narrower. So I'm a bit confused. In fact the short width was one of the drawbacks I felt for potential buyers.

Request you to please share your views on your experience of accommodating three people at the rear.

Thanks,
Andy
I agree the back seat is best suited for two adults and at best, a child in the middle. This is the unanimous opinion of all reviewers everywhere and I agree fully. The back seat bench does not even extend all the way close to the door panel. There is almost a one inch gap between where the seat bench ends and the door inner frame. It is almost as if Ford intentionally reduced the space available in the back. Well it is a European design and as we all know, European car designers and makers seem to care two hoots for back seat comfort!

Andy, what I said about the width is - I wish the outside width was a bit lesser. This is for ease of maneuverability in narrow city spaces. I was not referring to the interior width. I am no auto interior design expert, but I would think that, if one where to hold the same rear interior width as now, it should have been possible to design the car to be narrower, in my opinion. Conversely, with the current outside width, it should have been possible for Ford to add more rear interior width if they had cared enough about this design parameter. Once again, I am no expert at auto interiors, and my impression above is based on comparing the exterior and interior dimensions of the Ecosport with other similar sized hatchbacks, sedans and a mini-SUV like the Duster.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 21:09   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I wish the outside width was a bit lesser.
I do dislike wider-on-the-outside car design. I suppose some of the curves are there as part of the designed body strength, but bulgy cars are just harder to drive, especially when almost no space either side is a common occurrence.

I'm sure personal skills can make up for it, but fine vehicle-width judgement is not my best driving ability.

I also agree that it seems like a waste to make a vehicle that wide without using the width on the interior, where it counts.

However, I don't think it is bad enough to put me off the ecosport
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:29   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

As promised, here are some pictures of the interiors.
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_143011-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_143007-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_143017-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_143023-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142803-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142818-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142904-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142909-1280x960.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142935-1280x960.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142710-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142740-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142752-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142520-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142546-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142643-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142424-1024x768-1024x768.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142506-1280x960.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142330-1280x960.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142245-1280x960.jpg  

My Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-O (Sea Grey)-20130818_142154-1280x960.jpg  

84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 10:31   #27
BHPian

Congratulations on the new buy and here's me wishing you many more miles of happy motoring.
Old 29th August 2013, 13:11   #28

Congrats!!! Sea Grey looks cool.

Does your variant comes with tilt option for rear seats ?
Old 29th August 2013, 16:32   #29
BHPian

Hi Monsoon,

Many congratulations on your new purchase. Wishing you many miles of Happy Driving. Looks good in Sea Grey color. I too have booked the same variant as yours but in Diamond White. Hoping to get my hands on it soon.
Old 1st October 2013, 12:30   #30

Hi,
Firstly, a great review, very helpful. I have booked a sea-grey Titanium and am now looking at upgrading this to the Titanium (O). Ford has removed the push button start and the keyless entry from the Titanium regular option, very unfair. They have also raised the prices by 40k.
Anyway, i am having a torrid time getting a timeline for delivery. The sales guy in Chennai tells me, "Sir, go in for the Trend model and then fit the add-ons you will get delivery faster!" Amazing no? So here i wait for the delivery of my new baby.

Most Viewed