Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 12:50   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pre-owned Hyundai Tucson: The initiation of Ms. Tooky-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
235/60/R16 is a highly recommended upgrade for the overall braking, comfort and cornering improvements. The benefits it brings is IMMENSE!!! In fact this size is a factory fit on top-end "Elite Edition" of Tucsons abroad.

If you haven't picked those up yet, Desist!
I did make the blunder of purchasing those lights, but I could not stand their uselessness even for a few days. Very pathetic and poor quality optics and hence the lighting even with HIDs. You stand to lose on the headlight level adjustment as well. These lights serves only the purpose of eye candy. I've posted the pictures somewhere on Anands thread.
So how bad is that upsize as far as mileage is concerned?

Also, the projectors are that bad?
I was looking at these, but sonce youre so vehemently advising against it, i am willing to give it a pass.

http://www.amazon.com/Hyundai-Tucson...eywords=tucson
Old 26th August 2013, 13:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
So how bad is that upsize as far as mileage is concerned?
I didn't observe any noticeable drop in FE, but theoretically you can expect a very mild drop due to increased road patch.

Also, the projectors are that bad?
I was looking at these, but sonce youre so vehemently advising against it, i am willing to give it a pass.

http://www.amazon.com/Hyundai-Tucson...eywords=tucson[/quote]

Yes... I have the same version (but silver) and they are just eye-candy stuff. Very unsafe for driving due to poor lighting. You can think of using them if you are going to supplement the lighting with extra off-road/fog lamps.
Digital Vampire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 19:12   #18
BHPian

Congrats Mayank...and Yeah, welcome to Froggie Club....
I am one of the Big Tuc Fans and Have been enjoying my Ride for the past 3 years and 60K KMs, A couple of days ago I was planning to change and Upgrade, But your words have made me ponder.
This is One Hell of a Beauty, I have done many 1K Kms Trips on the Arduous Chandigarh-Hisar-Salasar Roads and I have seen Endeavours and Safaris Bow in respect to the Tuc.
As for the Lights, Get the HID installed for better lights. And HID Fogs as Vampire Sir Said.
Happy Driving Bro...This is a Ride to enjoy, apart from the clutch clatter, nothing else is a problem in this Car.....

And yeah, Great Penmanship....Can read it any number of Times (You a Journo?)

Last edited by rohitgaur : 29th August 2013 at 19:23.
rohitgaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 18:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgaur View Post
Congrats Mayank...and Yeah, welcome to Froggie Club....
I am one of the Big Tuc Fans and Have been enjoying my Ride for the past 3 years and 60K KMs, A couple of days ago I was planning to change and Upgrade, But your words have made me ponder.
This is One Hell of a Beauty, I have done many 1K Kms Trips on the Arduous Chandigarh-Hisar-Salasar Roads and I have seen Endeavours and Safaris Bow in respect to the Tuc.
As for the Lights, Get the HID installed for better lights. And HID Fogs as Vampire Sir Said.
Happy Driving Bro...This is a Ride to enjoy, apart from the clutch clatter, nothing else is a problem in this Car.....

And yeah, Great Penmanship....Can read it any number of Times (You a Journo?)
Wahay!!
Yours was the one I looked to see how "liveable-with" it would be in silver!
3 years and 60k, seems to be decent running, not really wringing the neck of a diesel, but not really letting it sleep either, i feel.

Why do you want to change, though? There's no safety equipment missing in this car, and any cosmetic/comfort mods are easily procurable. Spruce it up a bit, and its all as good as new. And its still such a rare car amongst seas of XXXXX, YYYYY, and ZZZZZ cars, dont you think?

PS: thanks for the acknowledgment. And no, I am not a journo.....(that caught me out, by the by).
Old 30th August 2013, 18:22   #20
BHPian

^^ Mayankk, I have this itch to change cars every 3 years or so and the itch gets me to a point when I cannot just control it. I am in the mood for a Koleos, A/T for the change and Might get my hands on a sweet deal as the car is basically an X Trail.
No, Nothing is missing in the Tuc, I simply love this car and the Sunroof is one Big Love for the Kids in the house.
But just a thought of upgrading and If I find a Decent buyer for the Tuc , I might post a Initial Ownership Report very Soon...
Old 30th August 2013, 18:48   #21
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the Tucson club mayankk
K a s h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 11:20   #22
BHPian

Hey, know what? You have given me an idea. Was looking around for long for a pre owned Scorpio 4WD which I'm finding pretty difficult to get. One or two that I've seen are way overpriced or with high mileage. Now, if I get a Tuscon, it'd fulfill most of my requirements. And I think a Tuscon with similar mileage will still hold its interiors and structures better than a Scorpio. Only thing is that the Tuscon never came to my mind as an option and it'd be more difficult to find one.
Nevertheless, your car looks great for a 1 lakh+ run vehicle.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 08:49   #23

Congratulations, Mayank
Excellent write up!
Have loads of fun, happy and safe driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
[*]Remap: A reliable remap will be able to unleash the hidden potential of this gem of an engine. @anandpadhye might even tell you that it's a suicidal crime to drive a stock Tucson [/list]
@Digital Vampire, I have been following your posts and would like to ask you if you can help me in getting some pointers for the remap? I am in Bangalore and also these days, getting tired of service at Advaith (ORR). Is there any better service center (for Tuscon)?

Regards..Surya
Old 2nd September 2013, 10:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryakamal View Post
@Digital Vampire, I have been following your posts and would like to ask you if you can help me in getting some pointers for the remap?
Please check your TBHP registered email for info about Remaps. Unable to send you PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryakamal View Post
I am in Bangalore and also these days, getting tired of service at Advaith (ORR). Is there any better service center (for Tuscon)?
You may try Trident at Hosur Road. Please get in touch with Anil (Service Manager) and tell that 666 Tucson owner referred you .
Digital Vampire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 08:52   #25
BHPian

Congrats Mayank. Your car looks very good for 1Lac on odo. clean and very well maintained. Happy motoring and drive safe.
Old 16th October 2013, 17:47   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quick Update:
A tucson crashed and made its way to Mayapuri.
Now, my own gearbox was never fully repaired, and very embarrassingly gave out at the last delhi meet in CP.
My FNG sourced the necessary gear cluster from the other car, and all is well.
However, I need input from other tucson/diesel owners.Thing is, I feel the gears a bit tighter as compared to my fiesta or dzire(both petrol). Is this a trait of diesel vehicles, or the tucson?

Oh, and also, the car got into sideways action with a couple of other unfortunate vehicles. I always wondered what the plastic cladding was actually for.
Now that my driver side doors, and the rear right wing are safe, I Know.

Very unfortunate for the Dzire that took part in this discussion, though.
Old 17th October 2013, 13:24   #27
BHPian

Can you please ask the Hyundai Service guys to check the Gear Oil Sump and the clutch assembly and if possible get the oil replaced. AFAIK, at least in my Tuc the gears are as smooth as my Swift and Yes the Duster has smoother gears.But I do not like to get into the duster happily
And Can you share what else is available in mayapuri from the crashed Tucson, I would like to have the headlamps and the Gear Cover Cladding, if they are good.
Old 17th October 2013, 20:59   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgaur View Post
Can you please ask the Hyundai Service guys to check the Gear Oil Sump and the clutch assem. ve the headlamps and the Gear Cover Cladding, if they are good.
Let me try Hyundai.
And I'll ask about the headlamp.
Old 18th October 2013, 17:27   #29
BHPian

Congrats Mayankk on your pre owned Tooky !!!! I bet you would love the Hyundai and its experience !!!!!

Any more Audio upgrades planned ???
Old 18th October 2013, 18:26   #30
BHPian

Congrats on your new beast. Tuscon is one of the most underrated vehicle and I love it. In fact I wanted to own one but in Mumbai here I did not get a good maintained one.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed