Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2013, 11:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitk1993 View Post
How about getting those black grilles from the Active trim? They would really suit the 90HP's character, IMHO.
Thanks a lot Mohit!

About the active grille, I have been thinking about them too. Have managed this crude edit work with black grille. What do you think?

With regular silver grille
Name:  ForumRunner_20130905_111207.png
Views: 4888
Size:  741.7 KB

With Black grille
Name:  ForumRunner_20130905_111043.png
Views: 2951
Size:  738.0 KB
Auto freak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 14:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: My (B)Ride, My Tigress: Fiat Punto 90hp Sport!

You guys are really getting me mad. What a BEAUTY.

Please visit the A.S.S only when extremely necessary. If it runs, its fine. I've learnt this the hard way.

Enjoy. Drive Safe.

PS. The Black Grill definitely looks better to me.

Last edited by gemithomas : 5th September 2013 at 14:17.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 15:39   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
With regular silver grille

With Black grille
Black Black Black all the way. No doubt in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Please visit the A.S.S only when extremely necessary. If it runs, its fine. I've learnt this the hard way.
Exactly. Don't try to mend that ain't broke! No point in going to the ASC if not needed as it would be paying them money for no real reason.

Anurag.
Old 5th September 2013, 18:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
You guys are really getting me mad. What a BEAUTY.

Thanks gemi! Glad you liked my (b)ride! :-P

You are absolutely right! I've been following exactly what you have suggested. I live with the small and manageable niggles that aren't harmful to the car until the next service and get them resolved then. Only issues that concern safety and mechanical health of the car get immediate attention.

Hope all is well with your ride, when you say you learnt the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Black Black Black all the way. No doubt in it

Exactly. Don't try to mend that ain't broke! No point in going to the ASC if not needed as it would be paying them money for no real reason.
Right Anurag! And more than the money, there's also a probability of the issues getting magnified and new issues cropping up after several attempts to simulate a small or negligible issue like say a rattling or a mild squeak. Such small issues are better left as is :-)

And there seems to be a unanimous consensus in favor of the black grill! So black it's gonna be very soon!

Will get the 'Active' grill soon! Also thinking if I should get the existing grill removed and painted gloss black as the 'Active' grill has a matte finish. Which one would be better?

Last edited by Auto freak : 5th September 2013 at 18:42.
Old 5th September 2013, 19:05   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Will get the 'Active' grill soon! Also thinking if I should get the existing grill removed and painted gloss black as the 'Active' grill has a matte finish. Which one would be better?
Get both buddy!

Seriously talking buy the Active grill and get it installed. Then of the stock grill, get it painted by keeping it side by side. Keep this as a spare for future use.

Anyway Fiat spares are hard to get hands on so you will have a spare!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 20:09   #21
BHPian

Ideally I shouldn't praise another man's (B)ride but let me shamelessly do it. You've got a beautiful (B)ride.

Black grill will certainly look good. How about painting the alloys? Matte Black might look good.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 20:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Ideally I shouldn't praise another man's (B)ride but let me shamelessly do it. You've got a beautiful (B)ride.

Black grill will certainly look good. How about painting the alloys? Matte Black might look good.
Hahahaa! Thanks! Glad you like her Biraj! :P

Will think over painting the alloys. I somehow feel this alloy design looks best in the stock silver. Will anyway try out editing a pic with matte black alloys this weekend!
Auto freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 20:33   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Will think over painting the alloys. I somehow feel this alloy design looks best in the stock silver. Will anyway try out editing a pic with matte black alloys this weekend!
I guess the alloys are best in stock colour. In the first I see a few pictures of another Punto with matte black alloys so just try editing that alloy on your car picture and see how it looks.

I also feel what if you try and give a matte black coat to Fog lamp surrounds.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 20:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Mohit!

About the active grille, I have been thinking about them too. Have managed this crude edit work with black grille. What do you think?
The black-grilled Punto looks awesome. As others have suggested, get the Active grilles from the Fiat guys and keep the silver ones for the future. This way, you could also swap them anytime you get bored of the look

You could also get an offset black strip over the entire car, replace the tail-lamps with the new Evo ones and get the mirrors wrapped in glossy black. Also, if you are game for it, you could try reducing the ride-height by an inch or two; however, I would advise that only if you have fairly decent roads in your city.

PS: You have a lovely signature, BTW.
mohitk1993 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 23:02   #25
BHPian

What about white painted alloy with red lip and red calipers?

My (B)Ride, My Tigress: Fiat Punto 90hp Sport!-abarth_grandepunto.jpg
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 20:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitk1993 View Post
The black-grilled Punto looks awesome. As others have suggested, get the Active grilles from the Fiat guys and keep the silver ones for the future. This way, you could also swap them anytime you get bored of the look
That seems to be the best bet! Will get the Active grille fitted soon. The silver grill shall stay as is for future use.

Taking note of the other mods you've suggested Mohit. Will need them sometime in future. But for the moment, I like how she looks, so planning to keep her this way for some time

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I guess the alloys are best in stock colour. In the first I see a few pictures of another Punto with matte black alloys so just try editing that alloy on your car picture and see how it looks.

I also feel what if you try and give a matte black coat to Fog lamp surrounds.

Anurag.
Even I feel the alloys look best in stock. Will anyway try some photo edit work this weekend.

And I was thinking the same about the fog lamp surrounds!
They'll sure go well with the black grill. Will see if they can be wrapped in black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
What about white painted alloy with red lip and red calipers?
Thanks for visiting Salbin! That car looks awesome!
Those wheels seem to be 17 inchers or over and white suits that multi-spoke design just perfect.
Not sure if the curvy design of the OE Punto alloys would look good in this sport theme.
Will google if someone has done this on the PUnto before!

Last edited by Auto freak : 6th September 2013 at 20:50.
Old 6th September 2013, 22:27   #27
BHPian

Forgot to ask you.. How did you smoke the tail lamp and head lamp. Was it a DIY using VHT Niteshades?
Old 7th September 2013, 00:24   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Forgot to ask you.. How did you smoke the tail lamp and head lamp. Was it a DIY using VHT Niteshades?
Not a DIY this time, in spite of having half a can of VHT Niteshades left with me! Wasn't having enough patience :P

So got it done at an auto accessory store near home. They used a similar translucent paint over plastic primer and then a final layer of clear coat. Costed 2K for the pair :-)

Name:  ForumRunner_20130907_002322.png
Views: 2571
Size:  864.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130907_002344.png
Views: 2387
Size:  566.1 KB
Auto freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 13:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hope all is well with your ride, when you say you learnt the hard way.
I had an Adventure which i used to take to the Service Centre at the slightest hint of a niggle. I ended up spending more time at the A.S.S than on the road. And the issues kept coming. I changed parts worth 85K within the first 30K km. Thankfully it was under warranty.

I now have a Ford Figo. I dont just dont bother mentioning about the niggles to the A.S.S. Other than periodic maintenance mentions in manual, they get to touch anywhere only if its extremely important to me. She has done close to 90 K without any major issues. There surely are minor irritants. But it still runs perfectly.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 15:06   #30
BHPian

Congrats auto freak on the punto 90hp. Must say the best car in the segment keeping aside the infamous plastic quality, fit and finish at some places.

23k kms in 10 months, thats lot of driving. My car has done 10k in the same period (28 Oct'12 - till date).

Wow, you drove all the way 2 times from chennai to my place only for service and ghat ride. That is awesome. Don't forget to alert me when you visit Salem next time. Lets catch up.

Drive Safe.
Jetta_Volkmann is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed