Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2015, 17:41   #226
BANNED

Re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline MT - Pete's remap - 184 bhp Power & 400 Nm of Torque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
When it comes to Code6, problem is lack of verifiable results. They are knowledgeable and excellent in there work. But to begin with, the base map they use (Electro-tune) is non-verifiable. There-fore we are dependent on their knowledge both as tuners and automotive engineers. I am not sure if the map developed is based on active simulators and feedback.
Code6, they don't use Electro-Tune base maps (I haven't heard of electrotune, no result on google either).

Quote:
Map Specification:
Quote:

Stock rating of Jetta 2.0 TDI is 138 bhp Power and 320 Nm of Torque at wheels.

Remap will boost it to 184 bhp Power and 400 Nm of Torque at wheels!

http://www.malonetuning.com/20l-cr-tdi
Chethan but for 184BHP (WHP) tune turbo upgrade and clutch upgrade is recommended in that link. So without turbo and clutch upgrade you're going for Stage 1 or Stage 2 tune?

Quote:
Note for AT users: Although AT uses the same DQ350 as in MT, AT gear boxes contain heaver clutch plates than MT. Therefore, AT can be tuned for a higher torque that the MT. But since torque is digitally limited to 350Nm by the DSG CPU, any remap will logically require the DSG software to be upgraded. This upgrade will enhance the torque limit as required. Otherwise, DSG will not synchronize with the engine torque delivery and can result in shift delays at higher torques.
Jetta DSG comes with DQ250 gearbox, its a 6 speed wet clutch DSG box with max recommended torque handling capacity of 350NM. DQ350 is a seven speed wet clutch gearbox.

Anyway since yours is an MT it is not a concern.

Quote:
Implementation:
Quote:
ECU is Tricore and anti-tune protected, manufactured by Bosch. These ECU’s contain special programming incorporating a 1024 Bit RSA signature to detect non-genuine software. A hash check algorithm checks the validity of the software being installed, meaning that this ECU type can permanently lock preventing the car from starting, especially after attempting to flash them over the OBD. To get around this stumbling block, the ECU is programmed on the bench, bypassing the anti-tune protection.

On bench flashing requires the ECU to be opened-up and the EEPROM be flashed directly. However only temporary connectors are used and soldering is NOT done. After the ECU is flashed on the bench for the first time, any further flashing can be done through the OBD.
Implementation for the Jetta is standard across all three tuners being discussed here. Soldering is only required on a new to the market ECU with no tools support.

Eg: Code6 did the first 1.5 TDI ECU unlock and tune in the market. When Polo 1.5TDI first came out unlocking the ECU required opening the ECU, removing the EEPROM from the board and put the EEPROM in a reader. Now unlocking is done by opening the ECU and using the tool and the probes the EERPOM can be read without removing from the board.

When i took my GT 1.5 for remap they already had the tool ready so the EEPROM didn't have to be removed and the remap was a simple process.

Last edited by Sankar : 31st August 2015 at 17:55.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 19:59   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline MT - Pete's remap - 184 bhp Power & 400 Nm of Torque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Code6, they don't use Electro-Tune base maps (I haven't heard of electrotune, no result on google either).
Information about Electro-Tune was given to me by Anup@Code6. He also mentioned that Electro-Tune does not operate directly and are only behind-the-seen kind of a vendor. This was the reason I could not verify or gain assess to any of their map reviews.

Quote:
Chethan but for 184BHP (WHP) tune turbo upgrade and clutch upgrade is recommended in that link. So without turbo and clutch upgrade you're going for Stage 1 or Stage 2 tune?
Quote:
Map Specification:

Remap will boost it to 184 bhp Power and 400 Nm of Torque at wheels!
I have mentioned 184 bhp power - BHP is measured at the crank.
At the wheel, it will be 163 whp power - WHP is measured at the wheels.

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-malonetuning-options.jpg

If we look at the option above, stage-2 is rated at 163whp/400Nm (295 lb-ft) at wheels. For a Stage-2 remap, Malone does not recommend any hardware upgrade for a MT Jetta.

In India, usually if no hardware is required, remap is called as stage-1. If intake, brakes and exhaust upgrades are necessary, remap is called as stage-2. If drive-train and some thing else also needs to be upgraded, remap is called as stage-3.

Malone-Tunes have sub subdivided our Stage-1 in to 3 parts. This is mainly because of DSG-remap is required for some cases. This can also be a good marketing strategy - People who would like to play safe, can start from the lowest tune. Reviews say that only the incremental value needs to be paid for any future map upgrades. But in India, Pete's does not support that.

Quote:
Note for AT users: Although AT uses the same MQ350 as in MT, AT gear boxes contain heaver clutch plates than MT. Therefore, AT can be tuned for a higher torque that the MT. But since torque is digitally limited to 350Nm by the DSG CPU, any remap will logically require the DSG software to be upgraded. This upgrade will enhance the torque limit as required. Otherwise, DSG will not synchronize with the engine torque delivery and can result in shift delays at higher torques.
Quote:
Jetta DSG comes with DQ250 gearbox, its a 6 speed wet clutch DSG box with max recommended torque handling capacity of 350NM. DQ350 is a seven speed wet clutch gearbox.
Sorry - It was a typo error. Thanks for pointing it out: DQ350 to be read as MQ350.

Jetta's AT has DQ250 which is nothing but MQ350 + Machatronics. For DQ250 torque is limited at 350Nm. Therefore, any significant map upgrade will also require a DSG remap.

Quote:
Implementation for the Jetta is standard across all three tuners being discussed here.
Code6 can directly flash Jetta's ECU (Bosch - EDC17C46) through the OBD. Again, this was confirmed by Anup.
Chethan B G is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 20:42   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Information about Electro-Tune was given to me by Anup@Code6. He also mentioned that Electro-Tune does not operate directly and are only behind-the-seen kind of a vendor. This was the reason I could not verify or gain assess to any of their map reviews.
Ok. I confirmed with them once again with Sajan and he said they don't use electro-tune base maps. Maybe there has been some confusion. Sajan is in charge of developing maps.

Quote:
I have mentioned 184 bhp power - BHP is measured at the crank.
At the wheel, it will be 163 whp power - WHP is measured at the wheels.

Attachment 1409329

If we look at the option above, stage-2 is rated at 163whp/400Nm (295 lb-ft) at wheels. For a Stage-2 remap, Malone does not recommend any hardware upgrade for a MT Jetta.
The last part "at the wheels" and and the 184BHP had me confused.

Quote:
Malone-Tunes have sub subdivided our Stage-1 in to 3 parts. This is mainly because of DSG-remap is required for some cases. This can also be a good marketing strategy - People who would like to play safe, can start from the lowest tune. Reviews say that only the incremental value needs to be paid for any future map upgrades. But in India, Pete's does not support that.
Thats one advantage working with India based tuners like Code6 or T-o-T. Once you pay for a remap you can have any power level as required without further payment. Support is also local (in your case). Pete's support is also good.

Quote:
Sorry - It was a typo error. Thanks for pointing it out: DQ350 to be read as MQ350.

Jetta's AT has DQ250 which is nothing but MQ350 + Machatronics. For DQ250 torque is limited at 350Nm. Therefore, any significant map upgrade will also require a DSG remap.
Yep, for AT DSG tune is also highly recommended.

MQ350 and DQ350 shares some components but they are not the same. DQ250 is a lot more than MQ350 with mechatronics in it. Major differences between MQ350 and DQ250 is:
1) Single plate dry clutch of MQ350 vs multiplate wetclutch pack of DQ250
2) 1 single clutch plate of MQ350 vs 2 sets of multiplate clutch packs in DQ250
3) One input shaft in MQ350 and 2 input shafts in DQ250 (thus the need of twin clutch packs one for each input shaft).
http://www.europeantransmissions.com...rbox___dsg.htm
Possibly some components in the output shaft, gear sliders and differential maybe the same between both these transmissions.

Some say that DQ250 is overengineered compared to the 6 speed manual and can handle power better than the manual transmission. I am not sure about this though.
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 22:02   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some say that DQ250 is overengineered compared to the 6 speed manual and can handle power better than the manual transmission. I am not sure about this though.
I have heard the same; It's logical and makes sense.

DQ250 is VW's work-horse, designed with a no-nonsense approach. It is automatic and needs to be fool-proof. Dual clutch plates help achieve lightening quick shifts. Design is complicated - Has to be built stronger than necessary.

Manual transmission on the other side is simple in construction. Design is time-tested and cheaper to replace / repair; Therefore, things can be skimmed down.

Having said that, MT is less complicated, time-tested and easier to maintain.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 18:22   #230
BHPian

Quote:
At last, after a lot of deliberation, finalised remap with Pete's. Options were between Pete's / Code6 / TOT.
Hi Chethan,

Thanks for sharing your experience while identifying a tuner who suits your needs. Did you talk to any of these tuners about DSG TCU remap? This is not needed in your car (MT) but might be helpful for others with DSG transmission in their cars. While searching online I found that the cost of DSG TCU remap is almost same as ECU remap, hence if we plan to remap DSG equipped car then we should plan for additional expenditure.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 19:02   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi Chethan,

Thanks for sharing your experience while identifying a tuner who suits your needs. Did you talk to any of these tuners about DSG TCU remap? This is not needed in your car (MT) but might be helpful for others with DSG transmission in their cars. While searching online I found that the cost of DSG TCU remap is almost same as ECU remap, hence if we plan to remap DSG equipped car then we should plan for additional expenditure.

Regards.
Hi Antardaksh,

I did not specifically inquire about DSG tunes as it was not required in my case. But it is possible to get it done in India and it is as expensive as the map. Not sure if the package price is going to be cheaper. You can speak to Code6 / TOT / Pete's over phone. All of them are very co-operative and will give you required details.

Logically, when the engine pumps in more torque, limits of the DSG needs to be raised - Otherwise extra torque generated by the engine will be useless. DSG + ECU remap can help synchronise engine / gearbox and result in an excellent driving experience. Gearshifts may remain as butter-smooth as stock, as the gear-shift logic would have been taken care.

I still have one doubt: Not sure if the DSG tune is required, if the car is driven below the stock limits of the DSG. Because, in most cases, we will be using the advantages of the remap within stock specifications.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 18:41   #232
Senior - BHPian

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline MT - Now on Bilsteins & Pete's Tuned!

Update @ 42,000 Kms on the ODO:

In-spite of all-India bandh on Wednesday, ECU was ready and delivered as scheduled on Thursday early-morning. Installation was just a 10 mins job, which was followed by a long test drive on the NICE road.

Pic: Bosch ECU - EDC17C46. Physically, there was no sign of scratches / marks on the ECU; Absolutely no-way of finding out that it was opened-up.
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-bosch-edc17c46.jpg

Pete's Tuned - 163 WHP Power and 400 Nm Torque at wheels! - Initial impressions (Driven 200 Kms since remap): Can the extra 40 BHP and 80 Nm be felt? Absolutely yes!

Driving Impressions: Once the car is cranked, idle engine speed settles at about 750-800 rpm as before. Diesel engine vibration / clutter is reduced substantially. Once the car starts moving, engine clutter subsides even further and noise is considerably reduced. Car does not stall / jerk at reduced speed - It sort of drives smooth like an electric motor - Can feel the strong meaty torque all the way. Any Turbo-lag what-so-ever is non-existent. Car can retain a higher gear at a lower speed than before, without jerking. Gear shift indicator does not ask us to down-shift, until much lower speed.

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-3rd-gear.jpg

On the highway, 6th gear is very much usable. Car pulls very well above 1200 RPM. Gear-shift indicator asks for a down-shift only below 1000 RPM (60 KMPH in 6th gear)!

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-6th-gear-1.jpg
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-6th-gear-2.jpg

Can-not say much about improvement on top-end power, as Jetta never lacked it. But one thing is for sure; Engine is meaty and smooth even nearing red-line. Noise / vibration has reduced even further. Engine does not feel stressed at any given point!

Acceleration has increased at any instant. Already had 2 instances at which front wheels spun like crazy, due to lack of traction!!! Remembered Akshay BIG time!!!

FE after remap: It is very early to conclude; But I feel that the FE has dropped in B2B traffic - May-be to the tune of around 10%. However I did not see any difference in free flowing traffic and on the highway. In-fact, FE seems to have improved on Highways.

Following VCDS tweaks were carried out:
  1. Electronic differential lock turned active
  2. Electronic differential lock turned active
  3. Brake disc wiper turned active
  4. Hill hold control set to low RPM
  5. Emergency brake flashing set via turn signals (Hazard flash)
  6. Torque steer compensation turned active
  7. Anti-theft turned active
  8. Headlight dimming turned inactive
  9. DRL dimming turned inactive
  10. Gauge Cluster Staging turned active
  11. Comfort turn signal set to 5 blinks
  12. Service interval set to 12,000 Kms.
  13. Radio - Development test mode turned active

Note: Jetta Battery - J1L : dimensions mm: 278W x 175L x 190H. This is 60AH battery with a 280A CCA. Can any one please confirm if DIN-74 dimensions fits exactly on the Jetta - I needed even the covers to be intact.

I am planning to get the brake fluid changed to Castrol-SRF. Any suggestions will help. Link:http://www.castrol.com/en_au/austral...rf-racing.html

Jetta on Bilstein B6 + 225/50/R16 PS3 + Pete's Tune is absolutely on fire!! Can't wait to take it out of Bangalore!! Planning for a trip to Mangalore coming Wednesday!!
Chethan B G is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 09:43   #233
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline MT - Now on Bilsteins & Pete's Tuned!

Quote:
Update @ 42,000 Kms on the ODO:

In-spite of all-India bandh on Wednesday, ECU was ready and delivered as scheduled on Thursday early-morning. Installation was just a 10 mins job, which was followed by a long test drive on the NICE road.
Chetan is on fire... Hats off to you for taking plunge with remap of ECU even when car is under warranty. Congratulations!!
Few questions:
1) I have a trendline and I am located in ahmedabad. Is it safe to handover ECU to petes, while they send to their HQ? Somehow here i feel its better to drive down to south india as a part of road trip and get the job done. share your experience and opinion.

2) are jetta`s stock brakes good enough for handling additional power?

3) Also the stock suspension set-up, do we really need to upgrade to B6 or stock will be good enough. My most of the driving(90%) is on highways, you know how gujarat highways are (butter smooth) in most part?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th September 2015 at 10:08. Reason: Trimming quoted content. Inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 17:52   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Chetan is on fire... Hats off to you for taking plunge with remap of ECU even when car is under warranty. Congratulations!!
Thanks!!

I agree; There is a calculated risk:

I have 2+2 years warranty on my Jetta. Standard warranty of 2 years will end by next week-end. I have driven the car for 40K Plus Kms and the car is thoroughly tested, for any manufacturing related issues.

I felt this to be a good time to upgrade, as I still have 2 years of extended warranty. I know that a lot of things are not covered under warranty, after the remap - But I can still play the "Goodwill" cards, if required.

As it stands: I do not think a Stage-1 remap can effect engine / drive train related parts. I have a MT GB - Therefore, any issue with the GB is limited to clutch wear. Turbo needs to be taken extra care after remap. IMHO, if I maintain the car well and drive responsibly; I should have minimum issues. Honestly, the thrill that one gets out of these mods supersedes all other logical reasoning!!

Quote:
1) I have a trendline and I am located in ahmedabad. Is it safe to handover ECU to petes, while they send to their HQ? Somehow here i feel its better to drive down to south india as a part of road trip and get the job done. share your experience and opinion.
IMO, It should be alright - Try not to leave the car at any work-shop to be on the safer side. Driving down south on a road-trip just for the remap, would be tedious. Also, local support will always help in a long run. If you have a good representative near-by, half the problem is solved.

I was not comfortable leaving the car at the work-shop. I discussed this with Shibin (very co-operative) and he agreed to pick-up only the ECU. I had also thought of sending the ECU through one of my staff to Cochin - later on, I dropped the idea, as I did not feel it necessary. These people use normal courier (insured) with decent packing and take entire responsibility.

I was more worried about the way they handle ECU during remap itself. I am an instrumentation engineer and familiar with these things. Simple things like using a heat-gun to open the ECU seal, can damage electronics, if not done properly. I think they use a lot of care and also take entire responsibility for any causalities. Fair enough.

Quote:
2) are jetta`s stock brakes good enough for handling additional power?
Jetta's stock brakes have very good bite. Brakes are good enough - But we tend to use them more after remap. Therefore, issue such as brake-fade needs to be addressed. I found the following article very interesting. Link: http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/...for-your-buck/

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-brakepadfluid.jpg

Quote:
3) Also the stock suspension set-up, do we really need to upgrade to B6 or stock will be good enough. My most of the driving(90%) is on highways, you know how gujarat highways are (butter smooth) in most part?
Stock suspensions are good enough - Please use them until you need to replace. If you normally drive on good / straight highway roads, you will not find much difference. But if the roads curve a lot and are uneven, B6 would be better as it has much higher damping force - Pitching and Body roll be be further reduced.

Remap does not require the struts to be upgraded. Stock struts can be used until 40-50K kms, so that they are used up till their money's worth.

Hope this makes sense - All the best!!
Chethan B G is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 09:53   #235
BHPian

Quote:
I agree; There is a calculated risk:

I have 2+2 years warranty on my Jetta. Standard warranty of 2 years will end by next week-end. I have driven the car for 40K Plus Kms and the car is thoroughly tested, for any manufacturing related issues.

Honestly, the thrill that one gets out of these mods supersedes all other logical reasoning!!
Thanks chethan. Thanks a lot for your inputs and sharing your experience. Yes, there is one Pete’s Performance Shop nearby my house on SG highway, i am sure i can ask them to collect ECU from my parking itself. My jet is about 2.5 years old and hence under extended warranty for another 1.5 years. 3rd service is due in october and has covered about 42000 kms as well, but mostly on NE1 & NH8, one of the smoothest highways in India.

I am sure that i am gonna keep her till another 60000 Kms or say 3 years minimum, so it gives me a good span of her life to enjoy this performance remap. However, i think i would wait for your 3-4 months review and experience of remap and then take the plunge. Additional 1 lac (remap + P3ST tyres) investment sounds more than worth to me now. Thanks again.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 02:24   #236
BHPian

re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhir_d View Post
Hi Chetan,

what is the normal life of a stock strut and how did you notice the deterioration in suspension quality?
And what would have been the price difference if you would have gone for stock replacement instead of Pete.
Hi Dheeraj,

I am a newbie on the forum, so unable to PM or email you, hence posting my reply to your question here.

You can get your car serviced from either of the below two VW ASC depending upon your location:

1. World Class Automobiles - Moti Nagar & Naraina (One is a showroom/sevice center. The other is a Body shop - Please confirm on phone before going. Contact Person - Kapil - Ph: 9650000865

2. Frontier Automobiles in Sec - 52 Gurgaon. (This is the only VW ASC in Gurgaon. Dhingra Automobiles in sec-10A shut shop recently so this one is usually overloaded, so taking an appointment is recommended before going. Their service is more than acceptable. Service Advisor - Vinay - 9953549406 & another SA - Deep

If you need any other details, let me know.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th September 2015 at 08:40. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing and your contact number. Posting it openly on the forums isn't advisable. Can be misused.
Distant Second is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 08:29   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can't wait to take it out of Bangalore!! Planning for a trip to Mangalore coming Wednesday!!
Teaser pics!

I will post details by the week-end:

Bangalore to Mangalore FE: Via Shiradi Ghat
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-bangalore-mangalore.jpg

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-imag0109r.jpg

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-imag0113r.jpg

Mangalore to Bangalore FE: Via Charmadi Ghat
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-mangalore-bangalore.jpg

Tank-full to tank-full FE for the entire trip of 850 Kms is 17 KMPL!
Chethan B G is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 09:32   #238
BHPian

re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!

Waiting for the review with the mods done.
850 kms trip in different road conditions should give a fair experience of the remap and suspension setup
nikhil_pon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 14:36   #239
Senior - BHPian

Update: Trip to Mangalore was superb, to say the least.

Bilstein B6: The suspension reminds me of the Stock struts in Jetta, during its first 5000 Kms. I would dare to say that the Bilstein-B6 is a natural replacement for the stock struts. Bilstein being heavy duty / durable, is THE big advantage. Performance will not deteriorate and will remain true for a long long time. Looking it its build quality, I do not think it will need replacement, during the entire life of the car.

Michelin PS3 - 225/55/R16 tyres: After driving on a mix of good and bad roads, my confidence has increased - I no longer fret over the soft side wall. Grip and traction is always known about PS3 - Wet grip is almost as good as the dry grip!! Comfort is very good for a performance oriented tyre - Noise is with-in tolerable limits. I am now able to listen to the music and also hear the sound of the engine.

Due to the combination of the suspension and the tyres; there is a marked difference with the steering feedback - It feels much more agile, connected and direct.

There is one new thing I have learnt, during this tyre purchase: If the replacement tyre is more than a year old, it is better to just get the tyre fitted and run it for about 500 Kms and than get the balancing and alignment done. For some reason (tyres piled-up in the stock-yard OR may-be the shelf life) tyres tend to be out of shape / form and therefore, alignment keeps changing a lot during the first 500 Kms. Added to this, in my case, suspensions were also new / changed.

Brakes have sufficient bite and did not experience fade over the entire trip. IMO, replacing brake-oil should be enough just to retain confidence. Not sure if the "Brake disc wiper" has worked here.

Pete's tune: Purpose of going for the remap has been served. The car has matured and feels at-least a segment higher (easily). Pleasure of driving the Jetta has multiplied - All the more on the curves.

Just for comparison:
  • Fifth gear drives like the earlier fourth and the sixth gear drives like the earlier fifth! This increases FE on the highway.
  • Boost is available at a much lower RPM. Car drives as-if it is driven by an electric motor.
  • FE in B2B traffic has reduced by 10% - This is for sure. I think this is because of the changes made to the quantity of EGR.
  • There has been no difference in the way the car smokes. It is as good / bad as stock.

Update on VCDS tweaks:
  • Brake disc wiper turned active - Not sure, but the brake fade is non-existent.
  • Hill hold control set to low RPM - This is remarkable and is a MUST - Hill-hold works like a charm.
  • Torque steer compensation turned active - Again a MUST - Torque steer is completely non-existent.
  • Headlight dimming turned inactive - Lights are more brighter - But the high-beam does disturb the in-coming traffic - Dim/dip becomes a must on single lane roads.
  • Gauge Cluster Staging turned active - Inline with the tuned car - Gives that super-car feeling!!
  • Comfort turn signal set to 5 blinks - Very much needed - Comfortable!

I hope to activate a few more VCDS tweaks - Will update once done - And that means SOON!!

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-imag0113-edited-r.jpg
Chethan B G is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 18:23   #240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Update: Trip to Mangalore was superb, to say the least.
Thanks a lot Chethan, for sharing your experience with the Bilsteins and the remap. Looks like you are having lot of fun. This gives me a lot of confidence to go for the same mods on my Jetta as well when it completes 2 years.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed