Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2015, 14:35   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: Cruise control and Mk7 MFSW installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Hi Tanveer, Sorry for the delay.

I am getting the new gateway for the Fatigue remind. Initially, I was wondering if it was worth replacing Gateway only for this. But then, cost was $40 and I thought what the heck..?

Link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Canbu...235887193.html

Hope this works in English.
Hello,

Yes its totally worth the price, The seller you have ordered it from was the one who sent me the wrong kit for PLA and also a wrong gateway for the fatigue reminder, So i have a dispute in progress with him, I will too order the fatigue reminder from another seller when i am done installing PLA 2.0 and yes it will work in english.

Edit : Ordered mine too, Since installing it along with self parking it will also allow to me activate 360 degree OPS.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 11th November 2015 at 15:00.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 15:00   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
We could'nt find a way to remove the top rubber, Google din't help much either, As i was running out of time we decided to keep it over it, As faar as we tried the rubber doesn't seems to be removable. Will check it once more when i go to install the self parking.
Isn't installing PLA 2.0 a very elaborate process. How are you getting it done? You make it sound like a DIY, that too level 1

Kudos on the mod in advance.
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 15:06   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Isn't installing PLA 2.0 a very elaborate process. How are you getting it done? You make it sound like a DIY, that too level 1

Kudos on the mod in advance.
Thank you,

I have the highline version which comes with compatible ESP, MFD, 8 sensors etc So all i have to do is install 4 more sensors, Replace the rear 2 ABS sensors, Wire it all through the park assit in the ABS control module and a little coding and its all done, Shouldn't be more than an hours work, The best thing is a fellow bhpian who has already done it on a jetta is going to help me out with it, So its an added advantage.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 15:20   #304
Senior - BHPian

re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!

Chetan, Came across the Polar Fis, Seems very interesting, Is compatible with Jetta mk6 and love the way its integrated on the MFD, Can also get the 0 -100 timing along with many other things, What do you think about it?

Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 22:58   #305
Senior - BHPian

re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Chetan, Came across the Polar Fis, Seems very interesting, Is compatible with Jetta mk6 and love the way its integrated on the MFD, Can also get the 0 -100 timing along with many other things, What do you think about it?
Hi Tanveer,

Thanks! This looks very good. Will cost about $226 + Shipping ($35) + Customs Duty? = Might very well cross $350. That is steep!!

Right now, I am looking at CAN Gateway, ELSAWin and VCDS Ver 15.7 - Once I am done with them, I will decide on this. I seriously think that a lot more can be done with VCDS, that too with Ver 15.7, as it has updated long coding assist. Let us see.
Old 25th November 2015, 23:03   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Tanveer,

Thanks! This looks very good. Will cost about $226 + Shipping ($35) + Customs Duty? = Might very well cross $350. That is steep!!

Right now, I am looking at CAN Gateway, ELSAWin and VCDS Ver 15.7 - Once I am done with them, I will decide on this. I seriously think that a lot more can be done with VCDS, that too with Ver 15.7, as it has updated long coding assist. Let us see.
Yes the price is a tad higher, but loved the part that all the details would be on the MFD, I am not really a fan of those external gauges, Lets see.

I am getting the highline gateway with pla 2.0 tomorrow, Will install it by weekend mostly then.

Yes a lot more can be done with VCDS, I too have ordered the 15.7 Version of the cable, The most wanted feature for me would be the mirror folding either via keyfob or while inserting and removing the key.
Old 25th November 2015, 23:17   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am getting the highline gateway with pla 2.0 tomorrow, Will install it by weekend mostly then.
What is Pla 2.0?

I am also working on the auto-folding orvm. Let us see if we are lucky.
Old 25th November 2015, 23:21   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is Pla 2.0?

I am also working on the auto-folding orvm. Let us see if we are lucky.

Pla 2.0, There you go,

There is also a device, Which connectes to the OBD port, And that will send a signal to the mirrors to open and close as soon as you press the lock and unlock button on the keyfob, It went out of stock for the jetta mk6 on aliexpress, Is available for the passat the last time i checked, Will check it again, Can be used as our last option.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 15:57   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Installed these in my jetta yesterday, Got it from Aliexpress.
Attachment 1437083
Thanks Tanveer. I got mine today and it was a 10 min job. For me all the pedals just clicked right on. The brake pedal feels a little loose but only if you fiddle with it, with the driving position it should be just fine. Here's a pic. All thanks to you.

How are your retrofits coming?
Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-193bf00fabc94f3fa44b57de8477685e.jpg  

Crazy_Bean is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 16:08   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Thanks Tanveer. I got mine today and it was a 10 min job. For me all the pedals just clicked right on. The brake pedal feels a little loose but only if you fiddle with it, with the driving position it should be just fine. Here's a pic. All thanks to you.

How are your retrofits coming?

Hey, Looks great, Congrats!

My retrofits are complete! Will be posting the details in my thread by tonight.
Old 7th January 2016, 14:36   #311
Senior - BHPian

A quick update!:

It has been a little over 9000 Kms since Remap. I have been enjoying the car to the hilt! Car feels very stable at any speed.

Air filter (OEM) was changed @ 6000 Kms since Remap.

Upgraded CAN-GATEWAY to activate Driver fatigue reminder. Few pics below:

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-imag0259.jpg

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-imag0287.jpg

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-imag0289.png
Chethan B G is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 16:22   #312
Senior - BHPian

It has been 12,000 Kms since the last service and what an exciting experience! Time for the fourth oil-change service!!

I did not have any concerns except of some occasional rattle from the front-passenger door; Particularly on the rough roads, when the water bottle kept in the door pocket was half empty. This was rectified.

Following things were performed during the service:
  • Engine - oil was replaced
  • Oil-filter, Fuel-filter, Air-filter, AC-filter were replaced
  • Brake assembly and speed sensors were cleaned
  • Fluid levels were checked
  • Suspension bolts were re-torqued
  • Other scheduled activities for maintenance service were carried out

Wheel rotation / balancing / alignment were not done as instructed. This work is pending to be done in the coming week, at the regular Tyre shop.

Air-filter is being replaced every 6k Kms after Remap. I am maintaining an air-pressure of 32Psi on PS3. There has been no problems with PS3's on any surfaces I have driven. All my apprehensions WRT Michelin tyres, have been laid to rest.

Scheduled services carried out by KPR Cars, Mysore; has been very satisfying, as usual. IMHO, 11K for the 4th Oil-change service for a Jetta, is simply out of the world!

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-imag0389.jpg

I have purchased a drawer for the front-passenger seat; This has arrived. Could not fix the same as "M10 triple square bit" was needed to remove the seat railing. Will complete the DIY during the week and update!
Link: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...y-installation

Pete's Remap and Suspension / Tyre upgrade has been very satisfying! Having a wonderful time at the wheels!!!
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 20:08   #313
Senior - BHPian

Hello, Did you get your tyres rotated during your second service? My front tyres have lost more thread compared to the rear tyres, Only because of me revving the car at every open stretch i get, Should I get the tyres rotated during the second service? Its due in a couple of days.
Old 14th February 2016, 20:31   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello, Did you get your tyres rotated during your second service? My front tyres have lost more thread compared to the rear tyres, Only because of me revving the car at every open stretch i get, Should I get the tyres rotated during the second service? Its due in a couple of days.
Hi Tanveer,

I get the alignment checked every 6 thousand kilometers. Wheel balancing and tyre rotation every 12 thousand kilometers.

During each service (around the period) tyres are rotated in X pattern..
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 20:54   #315
Senior - BHPian

Guys

I wanted to ask if these are retrofitable for a MKV or it requires more changes.

I am going to upgrade the RCD510 to the us version of newer RCD510 or the ANS510/810.

Mine is the previous generation but is equivalent to highline MFD plus. I know you guys are having similar versions of car but wanted to check from your experience what is mandatory before checking these out.

I am basically getting a flywheel, good brake pads, strut kit and possible even the springs which are the usual culprits to go kaput after sometime. Flywheel is something i always wanted to get before it started giving trouble and jettas are notorious for flywheel failure.

Want to make more softer mods like the driver alert, ops parking, reverse camera on RCD510 and more. Following this thread very closely and wont mind some help on what i need to check for compatibility.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks