Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2016, 23:53   #346
KMT
BHPian

re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
0 - 100 Timing long over due chetan bro, My jetta is nearing 30,000 kms mark, I am planning to either swap the car itself or change the tyres and remap it and use it for another 10,000 kms.
Tanveer - Out of curiosity, what car might you replace your Jetta with?
What do you feel the options are as a next step.
KMT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 00:02   #347
Senior - BHPian

re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Tanveer - Out of curiosity, what car might you replace your Jetta with?
What do you feel the options are as a next step.
Don't ask that question bro, I am hell confused myself since the past 2 months already, If you want a "Real" Upgrade, Spending close to 50 lakhs will get you a proper Upgrade! Jetta spoil's you with so many things at a 20 lakh rupee mark that makes cars a segment higher look very very expensive!

Only thing that is going around in my mind is to find a nicely priced hardly used BMW 530D, A hardly used with warranty can be found near the 40-50 lakh rupee mark which makes it worth it really.

Apart from this i would like to stay away from the Jags (Reliability) Merc E class doesn't score well in terms of driving pleasure specially when compared to 530D.

Spending anything above 30 lakhs for cars like Audi A3, A4, A6 doesn't really feel worth it after using the Jetta, So again a No no..
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 09:13   #348
KMT
BHPian

Well I feel sorry for you Tanveer as I am in a similar(ish) quandary.
Deciding on a car is half the fun but I am taking so long to decide, I am really annoyed with myself.

I just can't decide between a Jetta or a BM. After trying the VW, the 320 hardly seems worth twice the money.
Anyway a 530 will be a nice step up as long as you can live with the slightly larger dimensions.

My vote in your case goes for the Jetta tune and suspension package.

All the best with your choice.
KMT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 10:39   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I am just thinking aloud; It will be interesting to know how this HU compares with RCD510, in terms of synchronized operation?

Things that I like about RCD510:

1. RCD510 comes on automatically, once the reverse gear is engaged.

2. RCD510 comes on automatically, once the telephone rings (incoming call).

3. If RCD510 is ON during ignition, it will automatically turn OFF and comes ON again AFTER Ignition.

4. Mute function pauses the PLAY, rather than just MUTE the volume.

5. If the system is OFF, it remains OFF after ignition.

6. Excellent quality display and knobs.

Simple functions that I sorely miss in RCD510:

1. Remote control - Very useful for rear benchers.

2. Cannot turn off display while playing music.

Additional features desired:

1. DVD Video

2. GPS

3. Rear view Camera

4. Vehicle date

*SNIPPED FOR RELEVANCE
One issue I face with the 510 in my 2015 Jetta (actually 2):

Issue 1: I don't seem to have a "mute" button anywhere on the steering wheel, so I have to necessarily use the "pause" icon on the HU itself.

Issue 2: If my phone is connected using Bluetooth (for using Google Maps and also for phone calls), I should not pause any music playback - be it from the phone itself or the iPod hooked to the Media port in the glove box.

The reason for the above is, if the music is paused, GPS voice directions stop getting piped to the car audio, and since the phone is hooked on Bluetooth, the phone speaker also stops working. So, no audio directions.

Also, phone calls stop working - same as audio directions. Oh, the phone itself works, but I can't hear the other person at all because of no audio getting piped out.

Simply put, when the Pause icon is pressed, no audio of any kind gets piped to the car audio system.

This means that I have to have the system on and playing something or the other, at least the radio.

And that brings me to one more pet peeve - if I want to enjoy a silent drive with no music of any kind, I cannot do so unless I find a radio station that's too far for me to receive, hence ensuring silence.

Obviously, if I switched off the entire unit,, I can't use GPS or the phone.

Has anyone else experimented with this and found this to be the case?

Cheers
Old 14th July 2016, 12:15   #350
Senior - BHPian

@Tilt

Post a picture of the steering wheel. Even the 2010 jetta has the mute button which is basically the phone button and it may require some coding if its not working straight out.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...p-dsc_6747.jpg

The way the phone pause or media pause works is definitely not how you have described. The BT should automatically appear as A2DP which means the RCD510 should be able to control the music player in your phone.

When you get a phone call it automatically pauses the music, switches to phone and post the call switches back to music.

The Phone must have options to play music while GPS is also on. So thats a phone issue to run two applications. Similarly if you are on MIDI player the RCD will obviously not play music from your phone or gps from your phone.

The Head unit pause will simply pause the music player. For RCD510 the Midi is a separate input, and aux is a separate input and the BT is a separate input. If you are on BT you can only hear whatever your phone does and similarly for other inputs.

Only in RNS510 you can probably play both music and GPS together.

Quote:
Obviously, if I switched off the entire unit,, I can't use GPS or the phone.
This i think is because of the phone model you are using. It used to happen on my Note 1 using Custom Rom (cyonogen) where we will actually see the car taking over the phones complete sim functionality where you can also read SMS and write SMS

rSAP feature is triggering this and hence when you switch of the unit you are not able to use the phone till the phone reads the Sim and initiates phone.

rSAP is a feature from the phone and not the RCD510 which will support rSAP. This is my understanding.

You probably have the European BT module. http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/bl...3-9w7-modules/

Last edited by VW2010 : 14th July 2016 at 12:22.
Old 14th July 2016, 14:44   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
One issue I face with the 510 in my 2015 Jetta (actually 2):

~~~

Has anyone else experimented with this and found this to be the case?

Cheers
Google maps is designed to send out the voice instruction as a phone call, instead of just over bluetooth. Have you enabled this as well?
Old 15th July 2016, 12:27   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@Tilt

Post a picture of the steering wheel. Even the 2010 jetta has the mute button which is basically the phone button and it may require some coding if its not working straight out.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...p-dsc_6747.jpg

The way the phone pause or media pause works is definitely not how you have described. The BT should automatically appear as A2DP which means the RCD510 should be able to control the music player in your phone.

When you get a phone call it automatically pauses the music, switches to phone and post the call switches back to music.

The Phone must have options to play music while GPS is also on. So thats a phone issue to run two applications. Similarly if you are on MIDI player the RCD will obviously not play music from your phone or gps from your phone.

The Head unit pause will simply pause the music player. For RCD510 the Midi is a separate input, and aux is a separate input and the BT is a separate input. If you are on BT you can only hear whatever your phone does and similarly for other inputs.

Only in RNS510 you can probably play both music and GPS together.

This i think is because of the phone model you are using. It used to happen on my Note 1 using Custom Rom (cyonogen) where we will actually see the car taking over the phones complete sim functionality where you can also read SMS and write SMS

rSAP feature is triggering this and hence when you switch of the unit you are not able to use the phone till the phone reads the Sim and initiates phone.

rSAP is a feature from the phone and not the RCD510 which will support rSAP. This is my understanding.

You probably have the European BT module. http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/bl...3-9w7-modules/
Here are pics of my steering wheel. Also, if you read my post you'll notice that the only time I have issues is when I want to pause the music manually (because I want a quiet ambience with no music). I do not have problems with the phone or google maps or anything when any kind of music is playing. The system pauses automatically and resumes etc.; all that is fine normally when the radio is on or when music is playing. The problem is when I do not want any music in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Google maps is designed to send out the voice instruction as a phone call, instead of just over bluetooth. Have you enabled this as well?
Yes, it is enabled.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-img_2058.jpg  

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-img_2064.jpg  

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-img_2065.jpg  

Old 25th July 2016, 13:41   #353
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline MT - Test Drive & Ownership Report - Now with Bilsteins!

Problem with door rattle has been sorted out.

Please let me know how the door rattle sound has been sorted out.
Old 12th August 2016, 22:00   #354
Senior - BHPian

Chetan sir, Do you have any idea about the 190 bhp petes is offering for the jetta? Still waiting for your in gear acceleration videos, a 0-100 won't be bad either, I am planning to get the 190 Bhp remap from petes, As they have an offer going on ..
Old 13th August 2016, 01:05   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Chetan sir, Do you have any idea about the 190 bhp petes is offering for the jetta? Still waiting for your in gear acceleration videos, a 0-100 won't be bad either, I am planning to get the 190 Bhp remap from petes, As they have an offer going on ..
Can you share the details of the offer dude? Jetta has good power in the stock form - however, power is never enough! Why PM?, the details are for everybody to consider unless you've made some sort of secret deal
Old 13th August 2016, 01:10   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Can you share the details of the offer dude? Jetta has good power in the stock form - however, power is never enough! Why PM?, the details are for everybody to consider unless you've made some sort of secret deal
There you go, It was on their FB page, Its for all cars! Me along with 2 other Bhpians are planning to go in for the remap together! So yes we are trying further to strike a deal with 3 jettas going in together.

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-13902627_1143424435714153_7483308931866983656_n.jpg

Honestly i feel, Hatss off to petes, 35,000 rs for a remap is a tad on the higher side that other tuners are quoting, Even if they were offering a lower power tune at 19,000 inr i would have surely got it done! The difference between 19,000 and 35,000 is pretty vast!
Old 19th August 2016, 00:46   #357
BHPian

Hi guys. Sorry to barge in on your thread this way Chetan but I have an urgent query. Will insurance pay for a flywheel replacement? The clutch assembly including flywheel on my jetta has been completed knackered and needs replacement. Costs are mounting up to 71k! Clutch I m sure will not be covered was hoping the flywheel will be covered though. Any thoughts on the matter are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 19th August 2016, 06:35   #358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankazoid!!! View Post
Hi guys. Sorry to barge in on your thread this way Chetan but I have an urgent query. Will insurance pay for a flywheel replacement? The clutch assembly including flywheel on my jetta has been completed knackered and needs replacement. Costs are mounting up to 71k! Clutch I m sure will not be covered was hoping the flywheel will be covered though. Any thoughts on the matter are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Insurance pays only if the flywheel replacement is part of an accident repair. If it is a regular failure, insurance does not pay. If your car is under warranty or extended warranty, then the flywheel replacement would be done under warranty. But if it is outside warranty, then I think you will have to pay for the replacement.
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 12:38   #359
BHPian

Thanks graaja and right you are unfortunately this will be an out of pocket expense for me. I opted not to take the extended warranty which would not have paid for the clutch replacement anyways so that's that. Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 19th August 2016, 15:17   #360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankazoid!!! View Post
Thanks graaja and right you are unfortunately this will be an out of pocket expense for me. I opted not to take the extended warranty which would not have paid for the clutch replacement anyways so that's that. Thanks for the quick reply!
It is unfortunate that you have to spend for the flywheel from your pocket. This is the reason why extended warranty is a must for German cars!
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks