Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2017, 13:07   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvothe_rules View Post

I dont want to buy the VW OEM wipers as I believe they are ripping me off charging 3k for it.!

Double check on what type of clip your wiper has, For my 2014 model i ordered twice online and checked several spare part stores but the attachment was always different, In the end i had to buy it from VW itself, I say check your spare part stores nearby, Avoid buying online.
Old 28th May 2017, 19:27   #392
Senior - BHPian

re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Hi,
I own a 2012 December Jetta. I was looking for help on buying wipers for it. Can you please let me know the specs and where I can buy these either online or offline in bangalore?
I dont want to buy the VW OEM wipers as I believe they are ripping me off charging 3k for it.

Appreciate your help!
Hi !

I imported it from Amazon. Quality is excellent but expensive. You will need 19 and 24 inches blades. 😊

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005W...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 20:08   #393
Senior - BHPian

re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Hi,
I own a 2012 December Jetta. I was looking for help on buying wipers for it. Can you please let me know the specs and where I can buy these either online or offline in bangalore?
I dont want to buy the VW OEM wipers as I believe they are ripping me off charging 3k for it.

Appreciate your help!
Go to any decent auto store - they will have Hella/Bosch one's for Jetta in stock
Old 28th May 2017, 20:23   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Go to any decent auto store - they will have Hella/Bosch one's for Jetta in stock
I don't think Bosch has one for Jetta MK6. 😊
Old 28th May 2017, 20:44   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Appreciate your help!
Get the right size wiper from any local shop. Just remove the rubber and replace only the rubber. Thats what i have done with both my cars.

It does take some time to remove and put it back, but hey there is no easy way to save money
Old 29th May 2017, 01:07   #396
BHPian

Quote:
I own a 2012 December Jetta. I was looking for help on buying wipers for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I don't think Bosch has one for Jetta MK6. ��
Please give it a try at 3M store for frame less wipers, they're relatively new in the market. Got them changed on my Scross during a recent visit. For reference and size specification of wipers please see post #89 in the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...onified-6.html
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 02:23   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Hi !

I imported it from Amazon. Quality is excellent but expensive. You will need 19 and 24 inches blades. 😊

I imported the same for Aug 2014 Jetta during last July, works better than OEM blades. Highly recommended.
Old 29th May 2017, 05:28   #398
Senior - BHPian

Hi Chethan - looks like you and your Jetta are both having fun!

I need to upgrade HU in my Dec '14 CL Jetta to a touchscreen unit. I'll only consider OEM products for this (same look and feel, quality etc), though I am fine getting a Chinese manufactured one. Is there any latest and greatest one that'll fit our Jetta? - the last I am aware in the MIB II unit, but seems a bit passé now.

Advise?

-A
Old 29th May 2017, 10:30   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to upgrade HU in my Dec '14 CL Jetta to a touchscreen unit.
Check the chinese one. DS811 or something. They are very good for what they offer. Personally the sound from RCD510 is superior IMHO to the chinese one. But the chinese one offers way better functionality than the plain jane RCD510.
Old 29th May 2017, 13:45   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post

I need to upgrade HU in my Dec '14 CL Jetta to a touchscreen unit. I'll only consider OEM products for this (same look and feel, quality etc), though I am fine getting a Chinese manufactured one. Is there any latest and greatest one that'll fit our Jetta? - the last I am aware in the MIB II unit, but seems a bit passé now.

Advise?

-A
RCD 330G - its an OEM unit (comes on new vento's etc). MIB2 is almost impossible to retrofit in older cars.
Old 29th May 2017, 14:18   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Advise?

-A
Hello Abhi,

Thank you!! I am enjoying for sure!! 😄

I would recommend RCD510 if you don't bother about additional features. Very good AQ.. It is quite cheap and available in the used market also..direct fit..

If you need additional features like Navigation, as VW2010 has suggested, DS811 is good. I think our Bhpian Graaja has it on his Polo or Jetta.. please check his ownership thread for details.. 😊
Old 30th May 2017, 09:02   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Advise?

-A
Just fitted RCD 330+ couple of days back on my 2011 Jetta comfortline. The unit is manufactured by Desey China and it has good color reproduction and touch response. You wont believe but the stock HU in my Jetta - RCD 300 is also manf by same Desey and its made in China.

The new one as per the seller is removed from a brand new VW car.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 11:00   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Just fitted RCD 330+ couple of days back on my 2011 Jetta comfortline. The unit is manufactured by Desey China and it has good color reproduction and touch response. You wont believe but the stock HU in my Jetta - RCD 300 is also manf by same Desey and its made in China.

The new one as per the seller is removed from a brand new VW car.

Could you please post a few pictures, thanks.
Old 30th May 2017, 11:04   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Could you please post a few pictures, thanks.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4206978 (VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide)
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 13:40   #405
Senior - BHPian

Update: ODO @ 80K Kms - Oil change service.

Regular oil change service was carried out. All filters were replaced. Brake pads still has life in it and so was not replaced. Tyres still has about 5K Kms of thread in it (above the tyre wear indicator). Therefore, this service was just half a days job! with the total bill coming to just about 11.6K !!

As usual, Service experience at KPR cars Mysore, was delightful !

It has been approximately 40K Kms after Jetta was remapped. Car drives like a charm!

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-jetta-80k-service-receipt.jpg

Last edited by Chethan B G : 12th June 2017 at 14:02.
Chethan B G is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed