Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2019, 13:57   #436
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsh Jodha View Post
Now coming to the ECU. I need help with sourcing it. My wife is in the uk for the next 3 days. i tried ebay and a few websites but i cant find the exact part number for my ECU. I have attached an IMAGE of my ECU.
ENGINE CONTROL UNIT(ECU) :
03L 906 018 GH.
Any help on where to source one from shall be helpful.

Further in the interim the Code 6 chaps are trying to open up the ECU and try and repair it. Thoughts on that too please .
These guys are very good
https://www.ecutesting.com/
Pack the ECU in a sturdy box and send it to them. Try and get your wife to declare this at customs on the way out.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 14:02   #437
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsh Jodha View Post
Further in the interim the Code 6 chaps are trying to open up the ECU and try and repair it. Thoughts on that too please .
Getting my ECU repaired (Blown injector IC being replaced) by Shirazi Automotive, Borivali West (thanks to BHPian Epic for the lead). Shall be getting it by next week. Hopefully it should be sorted.

Last edited by csr9 : 26th October 2019 at 14:07.
csr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 18:06   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Can you get them to connect a good ECU to your car and confirm everything else is working fine?

EDC17C46 - Bosch - Diesel - is a Tricore ECU. This is what you need.

Tricore ECUs are harder to crack. Best to source it through Code6 or any other reliable source, instead of importing on your own. As you are getting the services done through Code6, if you buy it through them, ownership of responsibility will be on them. I personally feel that it is the best choice as of now.

This is the the best route. Only thing is make sure that they take a back-up of the data before attempting repair!

All the best!

PS: Please ensure that you proof-read / preview your post before submitting to avoid typo errors. Thanks!

Dear Chethan and Ajmat,

Wishing you a very Happy Diwali and thank you so much for your help and advice.

The Jetta is now working, the ECU was repaired.
The Diwali holidays delayed the process as people were on leave.

We got a working ECU and tested my Jetta and there were no error codes being shown when scanned. So i asked Code 6 to go ahead and repair my ECU and ensure they take a backup before attempting to repair it.

The ECU was repaired by Thursday 31st October late evening, then the car was jump started and taken to their workshop and the ECU was reset. They charged me Rs. 11,000 in total. The car has travelled about 80 kms after that and hopefully all remains well in future. The fuses have also been replaced and spare fuses have been procured in case of future issues.

Thank you so much for all your help.

P.S. I shall review my posts henceforth, apologies for the spelling mistakes.
Harsh Jodha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 12:36   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Just fitted RCD 330+ couple of days back on my 2011 Jetta comfortline. The unit is manufactured by Desey China and it has good color reproduction and touch response. You wont believe but the stock HU in my Jetta - RCD 300 is also manf by same Desey and its made in China.

The new one as per the seller is removed from a brand new VW car.
Hi Neonwheels..!
Did you find any sound quality difference between the old unit and the RCD 330 plus? And could you fit a rear camera in it? Thanks.
Old 4th March 2020, 15:21   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulanand13 View Post
Hi Neonwheels..!
Did you find any sound quality difference between the old unit and the RCD 330 plus? And could you fit a rear camera in it? Thanks.
I did not find any sound quality issue with the RCD330 plus. I used it for over a year and there were no issues whatsoever. I did not go for the rear camera as I was too lazy to get her to a person who can do the installation and then I sold her off.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 18:25   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I did not find any sound quality issue with the RCD330 plus. I used it for over a year and there were no issues whatsoever. I did not go for the rear camera as I was too lazy to get her to a person who can do the installation and then I sold her off.
Many thanks..!
Did you have the one with Android auto.?
And how did the LED DRLs that you ordered from AliExpress work? Were they of goof quality?
Old 4th March 2020, 20:02   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulanand13 View Post
Many thanks..!
Did you have the one with Android auto.?
And how did the LED DRLs that you ordered from AliExpress work? Were they of goof quality?
Mine did not have Android Auto but had MirrorLink. The DRLs did not throw any error on the console.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 16:10   #443
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline MT - Test Drive & Ownership Report - Now with Bilsteins!

Quote:
Encountered 2 problems with the car.

1. Right side Rear door failed to lock!

2. Problem with AC:
Hi Chetan,
Sorry to bump such an old post. But since you had driven your jetta with such great taste I thought I should discuss my problem with you.. my Jetta is a 2014 MT CL diesel model. I have recently started experiencing an abnormal vibration when I turn the AC on.
On self inspection I found the alternator pulley, the belt between it and the compressor to be okay. However I noticed a more than required noise and vibration from the radiator fans.

And not to mention the AC feels ok at night time ~ 38°c however during day time ~43°c its not up to the mark.

Any suggestions?

NOTE FROM SUPPORT - Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd May 2020 at 18:58. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 26th November 2020, 20:20   #444
BHPian

Quote:
[b][u]Build Sheet
Chetan, In one of your posts, I saw that you have enclosed your Jetta Build Sheet. Can you please let me know from where you have downloaded this Build Sheet? Mine is a 04/2015 built Highline AT.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 26th November 2020, 22:59   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthjn View Post
Chetan, In one of your posts, I saw that you have enclosed your Jetta Build Sheet. Can you please let me know from where you have downloaded this Build Sheet? Mine is a 04/2015 built Highline AT.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi Vasanth, that is from the VCDS. It is a OBD tool that you can purchase online. 😊
Old 27th November 2020, 10:13   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vasanth, that is from the VCDS. It is a OBD tool that you can purchase online. 😊
Thanks Chethan. I have already ordered a 20.4 version VCDS cable from aliexpress.

Most Viewed