Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2014, 06:56   #76
BHPian

re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline MT - Test Drive & Ownership Report - Now with Bilsteins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I am getting an FE of 12-13 in the city and about 18 on the Highway..

any idea about the average FE of the 1.8 tsi motor in the octavia, can we get similar FE of the diesel in city and highway
Old 6th April 2014, 17:25   #77
Team-BHP Support

re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline MT - Test Drive & Ownership Report - Now with Bilsteins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
any idea about the average FE of the 1.8 tsi motor in the octavia, can we get similar FE of the diesel in city and highway
You cannot expect the FE of the diesel engine in the 1.8TSi. In the below post, adi_petrolhead mentions that he gets a FE of 15kmpl on highway and 11kmpl in city.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3313935
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 22:49   #78
Senior - BHPian

Update: ODO @ 14,000 Kms - 1st Oil change service

1st Oil change service: Frankly speaking, I did not have any complaints about the car and it was a general interval service.

First oil change service interval is at 15,000 Kms / 1 year. Since my 50% usage is in stop-go traffic, I decided to reduce this interval to 14,000 Kms, to be on the safer side. Therefore, took an appointment with the Mysore VW Dealer for an Interval service (I was to visit Mysore for some official work).

On the day of the appointment, I reached the service-center at around 11am. Job-card was done within 15 minutes and the car was taken for service - I was told that the car would be ready by 6pm. As courtesy, I was dropped in the city, at a location of my choice.

As recommended for the first interval service, following were done:
  • Changed Engine oil & Oil filter
  • Changed Fuel filter
  • Changed Air filter
  • Changed Dust / Pollen / AC filter
  • Checked Front and Rear Brake assembly
  • Checked and lubricated all suspension parts
  • Checked all fluid level
  • General checkup of the entire vehicle including under-chassis
  • Checked ECU for any errors and reseated service interval
  • Car wash and vacuuming

I usually get the Wheel Balancing, Rotation and Alignment done outside, at a reputed Bridgestone Tyre dealer. Therefore, I opted out of this service.

Finished my work in Mysore and went back to the service center by 4pm. Work had completed and the car was being washed. Finally got the delivery by 5pm. It took 10 mins for the payment / formalities to be completed. However, I was in for a surprise to see the Invoice!! Jetta's 1st oil change service has costed the same as I was used to pay for my Polo!!

Car was washed and cleaned well. Engine feels a lot smoother and the car is as good as ever!! K.P.R Car's staff were very courteous and helpful - Very good attitude.

Regular maintenance of a Jetta is not expensive at all!! - Mind you, service interval is once in 15,000 kms. However, alternate interval services may be costlier, if brake pads....etc needs to be changed.
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-image00001.jpg

Extended Warranty: I got the warranty documents that was due. Now I can relax and enjoy the car. With 50% NCB on Insurance, I expect my ownership cost to be well contained.

Goodyear Eagle NCT5: For the first time, I got a chance to drive the car under heavy rain. Grip levels of NCT5 was very much satisfactory. I should emphasize that except for tyre noise, Eagle NCT5 are a decent set of tyres.

However, I plan to change them during my second service - Maybe to Primacy 3ST.

AC effectiveness: As summer has set-in, it is quite hot in Karnataka. Jetta's AC is efficient. But the glass used is not all that heat resistive in nature - Large glass area adds to the problem - One can literally feel the direct heat of the sun on the body.

I am seriously thinking of Stay-Kool. I have to lookout for their centre in Bangalore.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 19th April 2014 at 23:08.
Chethan B G is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 18:55   #79
Senior - BHPian

Today, Wheel balancing + Tyre rotation + Wheel Alignment were done. Totally it costed me Rs.800/-

I was hoping that the threads would have worn-out a bit, which will give me moral support to decide, to change the tyres after crossing about 20,000 Kms. But NO - Threads are evenly worn and almost as good as new.

Any way, I enquired about the buy back value I can expect for my present tyres; I was told that I would get 1K per tyre. That would make it in excess of 35K investment for 4 - P3ST tyres.

Now I am sure of retaining the tyres until my next service. OR, I will wait for the tyres to squeak under acceleration / braking and then change them.
Old 6th May 2014, 21:40   #80
Senior - BHPian

Kerala Trip: Bangalore - Mysore (over night stay) - Waynad (3 nights stay) - Guruvayur (over night stay) - Cochin (2 nights stay) - Thirupur (over night stay) - Bangalore : A total of 1600 Kms in 8 days with family.

KRS, Mysore: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brindavan_Gardens
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-1.jpg

Aranyakam home stay, Waynad
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-2.jpg

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-3.jpg

Sunrise at Waynad
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-4.jpg

Kanthapara falls
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-6.jpg

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-6a.jpg

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-6b.jpg

Pookode Lake: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pookode_Lake
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-7.jpg

Edakkal caves: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edakkal_Caves
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-8.jpg

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-9.jpg

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-10.jpg

View from Edakkal caves
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-5.jpg

Wild life at Waynad
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-11.jpg

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-12.jpg

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-13.jpg

Sunset in Cochin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochin_Port
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-14.jpg

Container loading / unloading area
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-15.jpg

Chinese fishing net
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-16.jpg

It was fun driving Jetta on the winding roads of Kerala. Handling was so perfect that it was totally a relaxed drive. Fuel consumption was 100 Ltrs for the entire trip (2 tank full of Diesel). Avg FE is 16 Kmpl for a mixed usage of 75% Highway : 25% City - with half the Highway distance covered on the winding roads of Kerala and with regular Kerala traffic.

Everything was going well, until I came up with a bad incident in Cochin: GPS (MMI) to blame for getting me in to this trouble. Maybe, I should have used some commonsense. It was a narrow road - Added to that, there were trucks and other vehicles parked randomly (un-authorised), on either side.

Once I reached the middle of the lane, there was a complete jam and no vehicle could move. I stopped my car to the extreme left and closed EORVM, to allow the traffic to pass on the left.

There was very little space to the left and people had to make use of the footpath which was about 6 inches higher than the road. Vehicles started passing with two wheels on the road and 2 on the footpath. I just waited keeping my finger's crossed.

This culprit carriage-auto was heavily loaded, just when it was crossing my car it tilted more than usual due to difference in ground level!! That caused the damage!

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-2-rhs-eorvm-post-wash.jpg

VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!-4-rhs-fender-post-wash.jpg

Luckily the damage is not much and should look better, once I get the car polished this week-end.
Chethan B G is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 06:47   #81
BHPian

Quote:
I was hoping that the threads would have worn-out a bit, which will give me moral support to decide, to change the tyres after crossing about 20,000 Kms. But NO - Threads are evenly worn and almost as good as new
Looks like I have to check the alignment of the Octavia ASAP. If possible please post a picture of the tire thread.

Quote:
Luckily the damage is not much and should look better, once I get the car polished this week-end.
The GPS might have taken you through market road. All the scratch marks will disappear with some light polishing.
joethomasv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 10:23   #82
BHPian

@ Graaja, I am considering the MT CL. During test drive it stalled a couple of times. Does it stall ? Does one get used to the stalling and overcome it in the long run ?
Old 21st June 2014, 11:28   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
@ Graaja, I am considering the MT CL. During test drive it stalled a couple of times. Does it stall ? Does one get used to the stalling and overcome it in the long run ?
CL MT is THE VFM variant. Go for it.

Even I stalled a couple of times initially. Do not worry - It is just a matter of getting used to.
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 13:12   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi, I did not test drive the MT variant of the Jetta and hence have no experience. But as Chethan has commented, it is just a matter of driving a few times before you get used to the power delivery of the engine and will not stall the engine. Good luck with your purchase!
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:56   #85
BHPian

Quote:
[b][u]...

5. New Jetta: Jetta was liked by all of us. In our opinion, this car can be at best termed as "Top end Executive Sedan" but not a premium Sedan. Never the less, for us, this was definitely an upgrade in all aspects. Driving this car, reminded me, of the way BMW 3-Series handled. We narrowed down on Reflex Silver Tdi Comfortline MT. More on this later..
Hey Chethan, Congratulations ! Wish you many happy miles on Jetta.
Your reviews are as always great and to the point.

Its good to know that the car is great, for some reason I don't know, I like the looks of the previous jetta , wish VW could include all the tech. advances with the prev. gen. Jetta looks.

BTW, i dare say you got a great price for your Polo D.
Keep updating your thread, it's a 5* review

Last edited by AvonA7 : 22nd June 2014 at 23:00.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:00   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Hey Chethan, Congratulations ! Wish you many happy miles on Jetta.
Your reviews are as always great and to the point.

Its good to know that the car is great, for some reason I don't know, I like the looks of the previous jetta , wish VW could include all the tech. advances with the prev. gen. Jetta looks.

BTW, i dare say you got a great price for your Polo D.
Keep updating your thread, it's a 5* review
Thanks!

I agree with you on the previous gen Jetta. But as a CAR, Jetta has evolved from it's previous generation. But, Luxury quotient is a step or two lower then the previous generation. (I feel more confident about the reliability of the Car with less tech! (German electrical!!) )

Yes. I was lucky to get that price for my Polo - Maybe, it was the timing which helped?

Last edited by Chethan B G : 23rd June 2014 at 12:04.
Old 26th June 2014, 09:21   #87
BHPian

Gents,

Got delivery of Platinum Grey CL MT. Got it for 19.4, and still have the 50% NCB to transfer. Also plonked another 46 K for the extended warranty.

Thanks for all the pointers and advice.

Old 26th June 2014, 11:24   #88
BHPian

Congrats... time to start your own thread!

Quote:
Gents,

Got delivery of Platinum Grey CL MT. Got it for 19.4, and still have the 50% NCB to transfer. Also plonked another 46 K for the extended warranty.

Old 26th June 2014, 11:34   #89
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for going Chethan!

Congrats 666, may you enjoy her for a long time! Put up a thread with pics and details. Enjoy
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 20:07   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gents,

Congrats!!

Best combinations IMHO. Can you please list the features you (really) miss WRT Highline...?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks