Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2016, 23:49   #316
Senior - BHPian

re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I am going to upgrade the RCD510 to the us version of newer RCD510 or the ANS510/810.

Mine is the previous generation but is equivalent to highline MFD plus. I know you guys are having similar versions of car but wanted to check from your experience what is mandatory before checking these out.

Want to make more softer mods like the driver alert, ops parking, reverse camera on RCD510 and more. Following this thread very closely and wont mind some help on what i need to check for compatibility.
Any version of RCD510 should not be a problem. RNS510 may require a Gateway upgrade.

Would suggest you to check Gateway compatibility before deciding on the mods. There are quite a few differences between MK5 and MK6 jetta.
Old 15th February 2016, 00:40   #317
Senior - BHPian

re: VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Any version of RCD510 should not be a problem. RNS510 may require a Gateway upgrade.

Would suggest you to check Gateway compatibility before deciding on the mods. There are quite a few differences between MK5 and MK6 jetta.
Is a original RNS510 available? I found all of them on aliexpress to be a replica's.
Old 15th February 2016, 02:07   #318
Senior - BHPian

Lots of RNS 510 available here in us. But considering what it offers vs ANS810 i am just tilted towards ANS810.

Not sure if RNS 510 for 1000 plus dollars makes sense.

Last edited by VW2010 : 15th February 2016 at 02:10.
Old 15th February 2016, 13:05   #319
BHPian

Quote:
A quick update!:

It has been a little over 9000 Kms since Remap. I have been enjoying the car to the hilt! Car feels very stable at any speed.

Air filter (OEM) was changed @ 6000 Kms since Remap.

Upgraded CAN-GATEWAY to activate Driver fatigue reminder. Few pics below:

[
I had got my Can gateway upgraded and it was a real pain. Wondering how you guys did it so easily. Was it behind the speedometer?
Old 15th February 2016, 13:33   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I had got my Can gateway upgraded and it was a real pain. Wondering how you guys did it so easily. Was it behind the speedometer?

Park assist module was behind the instrument cluster, Can gateway was above the clutch pedal and was fairly easy to remove and code it.
Old 15th February 2016, 14:37   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Above the clutch, there is a cover which needs to be removed. After removing it, we can see "driver footwell AC vent". This also have to be removed.

After this, with some effort, we can get to the Gateway. Removing and replacing is hard work. I am a 6 footer and with large palms, this makes it even harder.

But doable. It took me almost 2 hrs to complete. But very satisfying DIY.
Old 15th February 2016, 14:50   #322
BHPian

Thanks, I seem to have been confused between the two. The one I had to change was the park assist module as it was made for the cars without the display unit.

Some good stuff going on in this thread. Please keep the discussions going.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 21:49   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lots of RNS 510 available here in us. But considering what it offers vs ANS810 i am just tilted towards ANS810.

Not sure if RNS 510 for 1000 plus dollars makes sense.
1000 + Dollars was the same reason i had dropped the idea of importing one for myself, It isn't worth it, Even the Dynavin N6 for VW has some pretty bad reviews, Hence i decided to stick with the stock RCD 510.

ANS810 is pretty neat too, Though the startup time is a tad on the slower side.

I had seen this video sometime back,
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 23:57   #324
Senior - BHPian

@Tanveer,

Just ordered the DS-811. Ordered with reverse camera, TMPS module, Universal DVR and all together for around 400 usd. Shipping was 50 dollars but have decided to give it a try.

It will be installed only in April and i am going to give it a try with this swap.

The mirror link is more than enough for me for maps and for everything else the integration with VW seems very smooth. I have asked for India maps but problem is their sygic maps currently are customized for US and Europe only. For India they have IG08 maps. Sygic is integrated with MFD as well for directions while IG08 is not. With Sygic the directions are even visible in MFD.

I am going to ask them if they can customize maps for India if i can help them with the maps file.

But i have decided to take the non oem route as the ds-811 will have great VW integration.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 01:33   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Tanveer,

Just ordered the DS-811. Ordered with reverse camera, TMPS module, Universal DVR and all together for around 400 usd. Shipping was 50 dollars but have decided to give it a try.

It will be installed only in April and i am going to give it a try with this swap.

The mirror link is more than enough for me for maps and for everything else the integration with VW seems very smooth. I have asked for India maps but problem is their sygic maps currently are customized for US and Europe only. For India they have IG08 maps. Sygic is integrated with MFD as well for directions while IG08 is not. With Sygic the directions are even visible in MFD.

I am going to ask them if they can customize maps for India if i can help them with the maps file.

But i have decided to take the non oem route as the ds-811 will have great VW integration.
450 USD seems to be a good deal for all of that, A link from where did you get it?
Old 16th February 2016, 07:17   #326
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer,

You can order it directly from here. The DS-811 is 300 USD with 55 dollar shipping to India and 60 to USA.

http://www.audiosources.net/prod_vie...FId=t3:50001:3

Just post 9AM IST you can simply use the online chat, get their skype ID and even call them via skype to get your questions answered. DS-611 is same as DS-811 and DS-840. Just looks are different. Their video is available in Youtube and its pretty interesting.If you do contact, lets see if we both can persuade them to get india maps loaded for MFD as well. Its Sygic and we can even suppy our city maps if required.
Old 16th February 2016, 11:32   #327
Senior - BHPian

An upgraded head unit is lowest on my list of priorities for upgrades, but this looks very, very promising. Especially at that price, it is very tempting. I'll hold off on it for a bit though, lest I make an impulse buy. Keep us posted about it, I think it's worth taking the dive for this one.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 12:17   #328
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting! Looks ideal for replacement - Tempting price.

Link shows 2 models - One with the control knobs on the top of the screen and the other in the bottom (similar to RCD-510). Which one is actually shipped for Jetta? Do we have a choice?

Also, link says that the unit is compatible with Jetta MK5; But does not specify about MK6...

Name:  DS811.png
Views: 2786
Size:  116.5 KB
Old 16th February 2016, 12:44   #329
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Just spoke with them. If we have Sygic India Maps for WinCE they can even get that map preloaded to work which means directions in MFD as well. Help me with that research to find India Maps, SYgic, WIN CE version.

Otherwise they are ok to load IGO8 for India.
Old 17th February 2016, 00:35   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tanveer,

You can order it directly from here. The DS-811 is 300 USD with 55 dollar shipping to India and 60 to USA.

http://www.audiosources.net/prod_vie...FId=t3:50001:3

Just post 9AM IST you can simply use the online chat, get their skype ID and even call them via skype to get your questions answered. DS-611 is same as DS-811 and DS-840. Just looks are different. Their video is available in Youtube and its pretty interesting.If you do contact, lets see if we both can persuade them to get india maps loaded for MFD as well. Its Sygic and we can even suppy our city maps if required.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Volks...5-3b82461baaa6

Its available on aliexpress as well, I had seen this one with around the same price range around 350-400 $ sometime back with shipping via DHL, Though is still cheaper to buy it directly, This unit probably has EVERYTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
An upgraded head unit is lowest on my list of priorities for upgrades, but this looks very, very promising. Especially at that price, it is very tempting. I'll hold off on it for a bit though, lest I make an impulse buy. Keep us posted about it, I think it's worth taking the dive for this one.
Trust me, I am too controlling myself for not going in for an impulsive buy!
Quote:
Very interesting! Looks ideal for replacement - Tempting price.

Link shows 2 models - One with the control knobs on the top of the screen and the other in the bottom (similar to RCD-510). Which one is actually shipped for Jetta? Do we have a choice?

Also, link says that the unit is compatible with Jetta MK5; But does not specify about MK6...

Attachment 1477016
It is compatible with the jetta mk6 too, Confirmed it on aliexpress with the seller, AFAIK it only comes with buttons on the top, Unlike the RCD 510, Below pictures are maybe just for reference about the screen being scratch resistance.
Quote:
Guys

Just spoke with them. If we have Sygic India Maps for WinCE they can even get that map preloaded to work which means directions in MFD as well. Help me with that research to find India Maps, SYgic, WIN CE version.

Otherwise they are ok to load IGO8 for India.
Navigation on MFD is sweet! The system also has a mirror link type of a feature in which always you can pair your phone and use google maps through the phone to the infotainment system, Though that won't show on the MFD, Navigation on MFD is uber cool!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks