Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2014, 10:58   #151

re: Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!

@getsurya have been following your thread & I must say the BOSS is being rightly pampered, keep the updates coming. I am pretty close to booking a fortuner from Harsha Toyota and wanted to check your confidence in their ability to deal with the servicing of the 4x4 beast. Probably too early to ask, nevertheless wanted to check.
safetyfirst is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 15:40   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
their ability to deal with the servicing of the 4x4 beast
Hi safetyfirst,

Advance congratulations! Harsha has been in this business for quite some time and am sure they will not disappoint us. I know the Head of the Service and they will take care of our beasts.

Folks- Update time!

BOSS followed its master to its new residence 3 weeks back and hence the internet black out did not allow me to post earlier. I was traveling too on work to Manila(from where I procured some Fortuner accessories) which added to the delay in me updating this thread. Pictures and detailed write up will follow soon as currently all my fridays', saturdays' & sundays' of June are pre-occupied with me attending a training program.

BOSS had its first flat tyre last friday with air losing out slowly. Called up the dealer who was wonderful in sending home 2 of their staff who sealed the puncture at my home at no cost/charge

BOSS also did its bit to shifting the house by carring 'what not' items(including an inverter, of all the things!).

Thanks for reading!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 15:47   #153
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
BOSS followed its master to its new residence 3 weeks back and hence the internet black out did not allow me to post earlier.
Good to see the update after a long time. Congrats on your new house buddy. Waiting for the detailed write up and accessories bought for the BOSS.

Quote:
BOSS also did its bit to shifting the house by carring 'what not' items (including an inverter, of all the things!).
It'll move the transformer also if you want.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 16:26   #154
BHPian

Quote:

BOSS followed its master to its new residence 3 weeks back and hence the internet black out did not allow me to post earlier.
Congratulations!!!

Quote:
I was traveling too on work to Manila(from where I procured some Fortuner accessories) which added to the delay in me updating this thread. Pictures and detailed write up will follow soon as currently all my fridays', saturdays' & sundays' of June are pre-occupied with me attending a training program.
Looking forward to the writeup on the accessories

Quote:
BOSS had its first flat tyre last friday with air losing out slowly. Called up the dealer who was wonderful in sending home 2 of their staff who sealed the puncture at my home at no cost/charge
You got your dealer to fix the tyre puncture. Thats some leverage ...
TorquePeedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 11:04   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It'll move the transformer
That is a good one, Anurag! The car can take lot of weight and goods easily, yes!

Quote:
You got your dealer to fix the tyre puncture. Thats some leverage
Hi Torquepeedo,

Thank you for your wishes. The dealer was very understanding for my need that I was away for all the weekends this month attending a training program. He said that he will send his team to help me out with the flat tyre right at my home

BOSS is sent to its SPA at 3M today to get its pampering done, for all the hardwork it laboured through the last 3-4 weeks. I dropped the car at 9:00am today with them and shall pick it back at 6:00pm. I have also requested 3M-Vijay to replace the front bumper PPF and apply a new full one. I shall provide an update on that too, when I am doing a picture update next!

Last edited by getsurya : 17th June 2014 at 11:06.
Old 17th June 2014, 11:38   #156
BANNED

Quote:
He said that he will send his team to help me out with the flat tyre right at my home.

BOSS is sent to its SPA at 3M today to get its pampering done
Nice gesture from the dealer I must say. Respect!

Good to see the BOSS go to Spa after a long time. Will try and see if we can meet up at 3M during BOSS pick-up time.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 09:28   #157
Senior - BHPian

It has been a long time since this thread has been dormant, due to my tight schedules both at work and personal life. I was feeling guilty all through whenever I opened the TBHP on my mobile for my daily dose! So, without much delay, here goes the update for BOSS!!

BOSS has been performing well and beyond(touch wood!) and had its share even in the house shifting. He almost transported a truck load of stuff on various sorties he did for that event. On the feedback front, there is none! Everything is spick and span, as it was last year. BOSS's first birthday is approaching fast and it meant renewal of the insurance. Thanks to Guderian and Bibin's inputs, I went with TATA-AIG for the renewal with 5% reduction in IDV in its Pearl Plan(Zero dep for two claims/year). I have opted to drop out of the IFFCO-TOKIO(Toyota's home insurer), as they were expensive and did not do any follow ups!!

BOSS also had its first puncture when parked at home, from a screw it must have picked up during the house shifting duty. The dealer was nice enough, upon my request to send his crew to home and get the puncture patched up! Many thanks to Prashanth of Harsha Toyota

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-p1.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-p2.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-p3.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-p4.jpg

My job takes me to Manila regularly(once in a quarter)as we have a Global Delivery location there. What a joy for a Fortuner owner, as that place is full of Fortuners and Pajero Sports, of course! It was a delight to see so many Fortuners on the road there and obviously it meant that I will be hunting for some parts, which I can procure at an economical cost. My first trip saw me picking up the bug deflector, rear bumper reflector replacements with LED lens lights and rear luggage loading area protector(yet to install, as now I find that too 'loud'!). At the first given opportunity, installed the bug deflector followed by rear LED lens bumper reflectors at the ASC.

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-bd1.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-bd2.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-led1.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-led2.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-led3.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-led4.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-led5.jpg

I also procured a Bosch Aquatek for washing cars at home. This was purchased at Metro store and I have used it 3 times till now, to very satisfactory results. A well worthy investment!

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-bosch-aqt.jpg

BOSS also saw two road trips from Hyderabad. One to Bangalore and the other to Warangal. The Bangalore trip saw BOSS breaching the 10k mark on the Odometer and was a pleasurable drive, all through. The slight drizzle and amazing climate kept us good company for my official trip!
We saved a dog enroute and ABS/VSC acted swiftly keeping the BOSS on straight line, inspite of hard braking at 120kmph!

BOSS resting the night before BLR trip.

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-blr1.jpg
Started the trip with Nitrogen top up.

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-blr2.jpg
Upon entry to BLR, met a pouncing Rolls Royce!

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-blr11.jpg

Return journey to Hyd saw BOSS crossing the milestone 10k mark and the point of a great memory for him!
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-blr15.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-blr16.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-blr17.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-blr18.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-blr19.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-blr20.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-blr21.jpg

Round trip reading on the Odometer

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-blr22.jpg

The Bangalore trip made me realize that the High beams(inspite of Osram NB+) of Fortuner are a weak link and I expressed the same during the 10k servicing to the ASC Manager. They made some adjustments to the reflector angle and that seems to be working well. The 10k servicing was done satisfactorily and the cost was Rs.3084, all inclusive!

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-hl1.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-hl2.jpg

The Warangal trip sprang up for a School re-union meeting that saw me enjoying the BOSS again on a highway. Roads or no roads does not matter for BOSS, all that matters, is the will to make it happen and he is ready for any challenge!!

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-wgl.1.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-wgl2.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-wgl3.jpg

To end this write up, Two exterior shots, for your viewing pleasure!

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-ext1.jpg
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-ext2.jpg
getsurya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 09:37   #158
Senior - BHPian

Ran out of upload space, so in continuum of the earlier post:

Interiors were thoroughly cleaned and kept fresh after the long trips.

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-int1.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-int2.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-int3.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-int4.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-int5.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-int6.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-int7.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-int8.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-int9.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-int10.jpg

Recently spotted a peer, who had some interesting 'changes/modifications'

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-peer1.jpg

There were too many pictures, hope you enjoyed them!

Happy Motoring!!
getsurya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 11:36   #159
Senior - BHPian

Nice update and pictures, is the picture of the road lit up with the Hella's as well? Does the bug deflector really work? Honestly it looks ugly but if its functional then its fine to have it.
Old 1st September 2014, 11:41   #160
BHPian

Those LED lights that you have installed, are they in sync with parking lights?
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:12   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice update and pictures, is the picture of the road lit up with the Hella's as well? Does the bug deflector really work? Honestly it looks ugly but if its functional then its fine to have it.
Hi Motomaverick, thanks for visiting my thread. The Hella's were not on for the picture taken. Bug deflector seem to be working well with less flying insects plastering the windscreen. I liked the looks of it and have checked the same before purchasing the same.

Quote:
Those LED lights that you have installed, are they in sync with parking lights?
Hi ishlinea, The LED lights have both functions, however I have only installed the brake lights part, as I found that with the parking ones also on, the car's rear looked like christmas lights
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:47   #162
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Does the bug deflector really work? Honestly it looks ugly but if its functional then its fine to have it.
Nothing on that Fortuner is unnecessary. There is some use of it and that's why it is present in that car.

Of little what I know about GetSurya, no item / mod is done until and unless that proved worthy to him. If worthy, then it is purchased and fixed.

Quote:
I liked the looks of it and have checked the same before purchasing the same.
1) Does look good and are there any vibrations / sound contributed by the deflector at highway speeds?

2) How does it look from drivers view?

Anurag.
Old 7th September 2014, 07:17   #163
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anurag,

Many thanks for your appreciation and kind words!

The bug deflector is fastened to the bonnet in such a way that it does not leave any scratches. It holds good and does not make any noise at speeds.

One picture that I took during installation of it from the driver's position is attached for your reference!
Attached Thumbnails
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-1410054242295.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 09:21   #164
Senior - BHPian

Hi dear Folks!

BOSS completes it's first year of service/birthday today!

Gave it a good personal wash and pampered him to celebrate!
Attached Thumbnails
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-1410148217208.jpg  

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-1410148258208.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 12:00   #165

Hi getsurya,

Can you please share your insurance renewal premium details? I am currently looking at options for the first insurance renewal of my Fortuner.

Thanks!
iamapc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks