Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2014, 12:42   #166
BHPian

Hey
Have you ever felt the VSC getting triggered while cornering hard or braking ?
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 15:16   #167
BHPian

re: Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!

I think it's been a long time since you updated this thread. How is the BOSS doing?

, I have seen the BOSS many days back around 10.30 or 11.00 in the night infront of my office. I guess you were going home and the BOSS is really BOSS.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 10:53   #168
Senior - BHPian

Season's Greetings & a very Happy New Year to all the TBHPians!!

Quote:
Can you please share your insurance renewal premium details?
Hi iampc,

Apologies for a late response! I have gone with TATA AIG, no loss on IDV from last year, premium at around 55k INR. Let me know if you need more details, I can PM you the information.

Quote:
Have you ever felt the VSC getting triggered while cornering hard or braking ?
Hi Dean,

Apologies for a delayed response! I did feel the VSC triggered on sharp turns at little high speeds and felt 'reassuring' of the stability of BOSS!!

Quote:
I have seen the BOSS many days back around 10.30 or 11.00 in the night infront of my office. I guess you were going home and the BOSS is really BOSS.
Hi JoseVijay,

Apologies for a delayed response! You should have stopped me and we could have said 'hi' to each other! Thanks for your kind words on BOSS!

Now, it is time to update this thread after a long time
I was busy on many fronts and was enjoying BOSS on multiple road trips. The beast is as good as new(touchwood) and provides pleasure everytime you touch the steering and the accelerator pedal!!

BOSS went to Horsley Hills in A.P for a ~1200km round trip for an official offsite and returned ~11kmpl mileage. The car hit a 1.5ft crater on the left wheel and I thought the alignment would be messed up! I was wrong, not a 'mm' effect of the pothole 'hit', I am impressed!!

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-hh-1.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-hh-2.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-hh-3.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-hh-4.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-hh-5-.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-hh-6.jpg

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-hh-7.jpg

I have purchased a LED light bar from US(Amazon, ~$110, 60 Cree LED's, 180W, 13500 Lumens, 30% Spot, 70% beam making it a combo pattern). For the cost, the light spread is amazing!! Some pictures for your pleasure.

The light bracket being strengthened and new one welded to support the LED bar with the existing Hella's.

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-ll-8.jpg
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-ll-9.jpg
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-ll-10.jpg
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-ll-11.jpg

The finished look!

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-ll-12.jpg

The light spread- Stock HID Low Beams:

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-ll-13.jpg

The LED bar spread:

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-ll-14.jpg

With Stock HID low beam and LED bar on:

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-ll-15.jpg

The LED bar also got a faux leather cover to protect it from prying eyes and minor stone hits/chips

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-ll-16.jpg

BOSS enjoying the road and weather on a recent trip to Warangal and back:

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-ll-17.jpg

BOSS completed 15K run

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-od-18.jpg

and went for wheel balancing, alignment and rotation(Rs750), SOP followed!

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-wb-19.jpg
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-wb-20.jpg

BOSS then was at Harsha Toyota for 15k customary servicing requirement. Total cost was Rs.1217/-

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-sv-21.jpg
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-sv-22.jpg
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-sv-23.jpg
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-sv-24.jpg

BOSS also got a covered parking at home, to protect it from dust and weather elements. He is so very happy!!

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-hs-25.jpg
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-hs-26.jpg

That is the update for now, Happy Motoring!!

Happy Sankranthi too!!

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-sankranthi.jpg

Last edited by getsurya : 17th January 2015 at 11:02.
getsurya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 13:06   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Season's Greetings & a very Happy New Year to all the TBHPians!!

Attachment 1329273
Looking at the beam spread of the stock low HIDs and the LED bar it seems that what has been achieved is that the tree branches have been illuminated, with not much improvement in horizontal throw. Was this your intention when getting the bar light?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 18th January 2015, 15:43   #170
Senior - BHPian

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner

Hi Shibu,

I have more than couple of choices for the LED bar mount position, this is the first position, where the oncoming vehicle driver is least hurt with this light on. However, the throw is a slight compromise, which was okay for me!

The second position is to move the LED bar up by 4" replacing the Hella spots. I will do this only if the LED bar suffices my need!!

The best/third position is to mount the LED bar on rooftop, where the light throw is at its best, but will blind the oncoming vehicle driver. I don't prefer this position.

The pictures too are not doing full justice for the light spread, which in reality is a huge difference!!

I have checked all the three positions and trying the first option now😀

Last edited by getsurya : 18th January 2015 at 15:47.
getsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 19:36   #171
BHPian

Is it possible for you to post a pic of your truck from the front with the LED bar switched on? If possible - from varying distances? I can only imagine how amazing it would look.
Old 25th November 2015, 23:05   #172
BHPian

I am new to Team - Bhp so pardon me if this has been discussed before or anywhere else.
I wanted to ask that is there any way to adjust the low beam height for the auto levelling HIDs in the fortuner ?
Also, seems that you haven't updated your thread since a long time. Any updates ?
Old 26th November 2015, 08:57   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
I wanted to ask that is there any way to adjust the low beam height for the auto levelling HIDs in the fortuner ?
Hi,

I take this opportunity to reply on behalf of getsurya.

No you cannot manually adjust the light beam level in current generation fortuner. I know its a pain area for all the fortuner owners. I have discussed the same even in my ownership thread. Please see link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ises-keep.html

I never felt the need of asking Toyota to adjust the beam level during service, however they would be able to do so, if asked.

Last edited by Wanderers : 26th November 2015 at 08:59.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 07:31   #174
Senior - BHPian

Hi Piyush,

Wanderers is correct! You can adjust the HID beam and I had that done at Toyota ASC. The light beam spread is much better post that! If you adjust the beam a way high, it does effect the oncoming drivers.

I know I have to update my thread and will do so soon!!
Till then some pics please...Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454810314.693310.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454810405.452006.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454810480.239156.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454810495.873463.jpg
getsurya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 09:47   #175
BHPian

Quote:
I never felt the need of asking Toyota to adjust the beam level during service, however they would be able to do so, if asked.
Quote:
You can adjust the HID beam and I had that done at Toyota ASC. The light beam spread is much better post that! If you adjust the beam a way high, it does effect the oncoming drivers.
Thanks for your responses.

I was in Toyota ASC for a routine service and asked the SA about the levelling of the projectors and he said it can't be done. He was like fortuner comes with auto levelling headlamps and nothing can be done for it.

On a different note, the other day I was driving in a rather dark highway and found the throw to be very disappointing even at high beam (of course when there were no cars from opposite side). In fact, i found them so disappointing that i thought i was driving in low beams. Is it the case or am I missing something. Please suggest.
Old 27th February 2016, 20:09   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....I have purchased a LED light bar from US(Amazon, ~$110, 60 Cree LED's, 180W, 13500 Lumens, 30% Spot, 70% beam making it a combo pattern). For the cost, the light spread is amazing!! Some pictures for your pleasure.

The light bracket being strengthened and new one welded to support the LED bar with the existing Hella's...

The finished look!...
That's quite a well done installation. And the spread is also quite good. he faux leather cover looks like is kept in place by screws? Do you have a velcro or so to keep it covered / closed?

That's another well thought out piece. It even looks good and definitely nothing cheap.
Old 28th February 2016, 10:05   #177
Senior - BHPian

Piyush46- the reflector can be adjusted slightly and that makes a good difference for HID throw!! Try asking the electrician/mechanic at ASC on personal terms, to see if that works out!!

Swiftnfurious- the faux leather cover is stuck with Velcros only! It serves well to protect the light in city limits, where it is not used! Thanks for your compliments!!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 07:17   #178
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks,

Long update due! BOSS has been munching miles happily and now is at 36k on Odometer. Absolutely a satisfying ride and puts a smile everyday on the face!

Recently 3M launched a sound proofing or deadening product. I went for it in the bonnet area and it does make a huge difference in the nose reduction seeping into cabin. Very happy with it!!

BOSS also had its share of fun doing off roading, beach rides, long drives etc. some pictures for your viewing pleasure!!

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457142305.617126.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457142361.889495.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457142375.387943.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457142396.739310.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457142426.091325.jpg
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 08:03   #179
BANNED

Quote:

Recently 3M launched a sound proofing or deadening product. I went for it in the bonnet area and it does make a huge difference in the nose reduction seeping into cabin. Very happy with it!!
Hello buddy,

Long time since we have met, how was event experience at 3M?

I am waiting to get the paint Sealant treatment done on my Swift.

If you don't mind, can you share the costs of this sound deadening material? I need such measures desperately for my Swift if it is VFM.
Old 19th June 2016, 10:32   #180
Senior - BHPian

BOSS got a new pair of wipers for being ready to face monsoons!!Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466312501.999548.jpgGot Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466312519.232592.jpg

Most Viewed