Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 15:25   #16
BHPian

Re: My Red Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - 1 year / 20K kms

Did the alignment, balancing and rotation in a private shop before my 20K service. No change in ride quality post that. All ok. During 20K service told not to do anything related to wheel clearly. But after the 20K service I feel that whenever the car goes over small irregularities(small hole/hump) the earlier smoothness is missing. The thud could be felt inside more prominently as if the suspension has become more stiffer. Tyre air pressure is fine. Planning to take her to the ASS after few days of observation.
Old 28th October 2013, 15:46   #17
BHPian

^^ Couldnt take her to the ASS all this while as I was busy with..hmm..nothing actually. Just didnt without any reason. Since there is a Chennai-Madurai-Chennai Diwali drive planned this weekend called the ASS today to check if i can bring the car. They are full till Diwali it seems and asked me if they can book a slot for next Monday OR they can book a slot in a different ASS for tomorrow. I sad i prefer to get it done in this particular ASS as the other ASS is quite far. They suggested to talk to the SA who attended me in 20K service. Spoke to him and explained him the problem. He said he need to drive the car and find out if its true, but if something needs to be fixed it will take time as there are lot of cars piled up. May have to take her to ASS after Diwali. The car was pulling to the left a bit and hence got the alignment checked today in my regular tyre shop. Pulling issue resolved now. Also topped up air and got the tyre rotation done. Ride quality felt a better now.

Meanwhile few weeks back crashed into a honda activa and damaged my bonnet and ford emblem . Pics below. Need to fix the bonnet soon. I dont think that ford emblem can be fixed. I assume i need to replace it.
My Red Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - 1 year / 20K kms-figo_bonnet.jpg
pisthpeeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 17:23   #18
BHPian

For the first time in its 23K kms, my 2012 July batch Figo TDCi switched off automatically twice while driving - once yesterday and once today morning. Did not take the car during the weekend and when i started the car yesterday i felt the engine noise was a bit more than usual and car was not as smooth as usual.

Was driving back from office yesterday and doing about 40kmph, may be in 3rd gear and had to slow down due to slow moving traffic in front and suddenly it switched off. DTE was around 100kms. Not sure whether it was after i pressed the clutch or after i removed my foot from accelerator. Was scary, immediately switched on the hazard lamps while the car was slowing and started it to life again. It switched off again today morning while the DTE was around 65 kms while i had to slow down for a speed breaker. Filled tank full from a different bunk after that. Will check if it happens again.
Old 31st December 2013, 15:50   #19
BHPian

After multiple iterations of booking and cancelling the appointments for the above mentioned issues, finally took the car to the service center yesterday.

1. Suspension issue: They couldnt find anything wrong with the suspension set up. Took me for a test drive after they had checked it and i found the earlier stiffness has eased a bit. Will observe for an week and report.

2. Car switching off suddenly while driving: Never faced this issue in the first 20K kms. Happened 3 times in 2 days when DTE was around 100 to 70 kms. Havent expereinced it again. Might be fuel issue. SA told me that if we use low quality mobile chargers it might affect the firmware raising some error codes. He said he will flash the firmware but may cost Rs.300. I said i cant accept it as i havent used any low quality chargers. He said he will try his best to bring down the cost of the firmware flash. While collecting the car he said he had flashed the firmware. But no amount charged. They gave a zero amount bill which doesnt mention anything about the suspension check or Firmware flash. When i raised this he said those checks will be tracked in the system against my car number.

Now i need to closely see how the car behaves for the next few days.
Old 31st December 2013, 16:55   #20
BHPian

I too have recently re flashed the firmware by pointing the stalling issue, Mine is at 27k on ODO and this stalling issue happened only after 15k. It comes occasionally and during my previous highway trip it happened twice, so decided to re flash the ECU and did that through ASC

Many in T-BHP reported that re flashing the firmware will fix the issue, and few says the issue re surfaced lately even after firmware update.

Took my car for a 1000 km round trip last weekend after re flashing, everything was fine and no stalling issue but need to check for another 5k kms to conclude.
DRIVE_ADDICT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 17:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Since the Fiesta classic and Figo share the same powertrain, and the Classic doesn't has this stalling issue, a permanent solution would be to flash the classic's firmware in the Figo.

Just thinking out loud.

Edit: This stalling is not good for the turbocharger, right?

Last edited by ramzsys : 31st December 2013 at 17:56.
Old 7th May 2014, 16:32   #22
BHPian

Four months since the last update. No new issues, touchwood, car has been very responsive and behaving very well. The ODO is very close to 30K mark and I need to take her for the routine oil/filter change. For a long time ignored an one inch rusting in passenger door near handle. Will check with body shop guys for a quote on fixing that.

Few items to be done outside ASC - the replacement of rear wiper(would go for a Bosch definitely), Wheel alignment and a visit to Car cares for cleaning and waxing.

Overall a very satisfied experience till now.
pisthpeeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 18:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Overall a very satisfied experience till now.
Is rear window is an issue as I heard it doesn't open more than 40 % ?
What exactly it look like in proportion to other cars for people siting inside

Moderator's Note: Avoid quoting an entire post, particularly if it is a bit long. Take only the relevant part.
Old 14th May 2014, 15:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
Is rear window is an issue as I heard it doesn't open more than 40 % ? What exactly it look like in proportion to other cars for people siting inside
Never felt it as an serious issue. Being in Chennai the car 99% runs with AC. And mostly kids occupy the back seat and its safe that they cannot roll down it fully.

Possible scenarios where full roll down might be missed:
Rear passengers might feet bad at hill stations that they couldnt roll down fully and feel the breeze.
An adult in back seat who wants to spit/throw up/Kiss somebody outside while being seated inside the car.
Not sure whether it creates issues in drive-in restaurants where plates are fixed to doors.
Old 29th May 2014, 18:23   #25
BHPian

30K service done couple of days back from MPL, Pallikaranai. Apart from the routine filter and oil changes, the front mud flaps were replaced as it was broken. Total cost Rs. 5600. Except for the wash and wipe, was satisfied with the overall service and on time delivery.
Old 29th May 2014, 22:25   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
30K service done couple of days back from MPL, Pallikaranai. Apart from the routine filter and oil changes, the front mud flaps were replaced as it was broken. Total cost Rs. 5600. Except for the wash and wipe, was satisfied with the overall service and on time delivery.
How much did the flaps cost you? Do they only come as a set?
Old 13th June 2014, 14:06   #27
BHPian

pisth dude.. this is another happy figo owner wishing you many more mile crunching
I have just crossed 62K with a month + to complete 3yrs.
Just a word of caution (going by my experience) in the coming months since you have just crossed 30K.

Check for any pulley belt noise (FASS may help if you cannot recognise it) when the vehicle cross 35K as the warranty of this part expires as you touch 40. I did not know it until I gave it for my 40K service (@39900 odd km). I had this pulley belt problem and FASS told me that this cannot be replaced under warranty and this might cost around 7K - I dont know why as technically I must be covered under warranty. Get this checked at the right time to avoid expenses
Old 14th June 2014, 11:36   #28
BHPian

You should be covered under warranty even if your ODO is at 39999 fight the ASS make some calls/send some mails or have an advocate send them a notice saying you are going to initiate civil proceedings as well as criminal ones (for cheating). This will usually do the trick.
Old 14th June 2014, 13:59   #29
BHPian

Thanks much dude. . Unfortunately at that moment I had other priorities and could not fight back. I think they did some adjustments and the problem never occurred. I have crossed 62k so nothing much can I do right now.
Old 11th August 2014, 18:24   #30
BHPian

Car completed two years on 6th Aug with almost 35K on ODO and a huge grin on the owners face for the trouble free experience. And with that the warranty is also gone as i did not opt for the extended warranty. Hope Figo proves me right and behaves well for the next two years atleast. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by pisthpeeps : 11th August 2014 at 18:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks