Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2016, 09:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: 'The Red' is home: Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic. EDIT: 86,000 kms up!

Just reached Bangalore yesterday after 825 km solo drive from Pune. As I have said umpteen number of times before, supremely comfortable during long highway drives.

Have traveled on the co-passenger seat of a Vento quite often on 3-4 hr drives. Must say, I would pick my Punto's driving seat 10 out of 10 times from a comfort point of view over the Vento.

The car just keeps amazing me everytime I harbour a thought of buying a new car.

So three years and 53xxx kms after signing on the dotted line, the verdict is loud and clear!!

Money well spent!
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 20:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: 'The Red' is home: Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic. EDIT: 86,000 kms up!

A much delayed update on this sleepy old thread.

The Red completed 86000 KMS in 5 years and 2 months.

Got the first clutch over haul done. I have stopped going to Fiat service centre. I normally get the oil change one at Shell. And Have identified an ex-fiat mechanic to do the other stuff that can't be done over there.

Also ended up changing the second battery now. Next due are the tyres which I believe will be up for change in another 10k KMS.

Last edited by vibbs : 30th December 2018 at 21:06.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 20:35   #48
Senior - BHPian

re: 'The Red' is home: Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic. EDIT: 93,000 km up!

A small update.

The red has been packed up and shipped to my Home town -Kerala where it will spend next few years parked in my Dad's Garage. It will mostly be relegated to doing the odd Airport pickup/drop duties when relatives come visiting.

The reason being, I have relocated to Singapore.
Could not bring myself up to sell the car, so it stays at my hometown and I will have my share of nostalgia when I go visiting.

It has done 93k KMS so far and no issues at all so far.

However I had a rear ending during the last month of my stay in Pune and had intended to get the rear hatch door replaced. Fiat being Fiat, I realised that the door has an outstanding order back log going in months and there was no way to get it before 2-3 months atleast!!

Ended up getting it dented and painted.

This thread will now be dormant for a while (perhaps a restoration after 7-8 years )
Till the adios. Will request Mods to lock it till I have something substantial to update.

Cheers

Vibhu
vibbs is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks