Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2013, 14:44   #16
BHPian

Excellent review! Pointed out a lot of facts for new buyers. I have a doubt, is the clutch same as the one in vento, heavy and hard to press?
D'Artagnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 14:53   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The VW Polo GT TDI - Update @ 3500 kms & new head-unit

For a moment there I thought I was going through the official review!

Congratulations on the excellent buy!

Does VW offer some bodykits for the GT variants, as accessories? IMO they should offer some as standard! To distinguish these from the regular Polos.
Dry Ice is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 15:13   #18
BHPian

Congratulation on your polo GT TDI, Sure neat.Wishing you many more motoring miles.Holy cow that was one hell of a detailed review you got there.
abishek2222 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 15:24   #19
Team-BHP Support

You really have to be a brave soul to test the anti-pinch feature with your hand!
SmartCat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 15:38   #20
BHPian

Congrats for the GT. A very elaborate review, I must say. I really liked the Floor mats which you have installed. Looks good with the overall black theme.
Wishing you lots of happy mile with the mean machine.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 17:29   #21
BHPian

Congrats on your new machine! A fantastic write - up, considering this is your first one. Team-BHP has to be credited for bringing out hidden talents (detailed ownership reviews ). Members are becoming excellent screenplay writers. Keep it up guys!
rama75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 18:03   #22
BHPian

My first impression (much like a few others on the forum, I suspect) was that I'm reading an official review! Certainly looks the part buddy - replete with a vote of thanks at the end! Nice touch though

Congratulations on the GT TDI (stunning in black, bee tee dubs) and for being the first to own it on T-BHP! Wish you miles and miles of happiness with her.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 14th October 2013 at 18:06.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 19:31   #23
Team-BHP Support

Thank you so much for the kind words guys. Like I had mentioned before, I drew a lot of inspiration from some of the comprehensive official and ownership reviews put up on the forum. I shall be constantly updating this thread with my experiences over the course of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I have used Amway car wash for quite sometime and was happy with it. The Amway car wash is known to be little strong on the existing polish/wax hence use it with some extra care accordingly.
Thanks for the tip. I think we usually pour a capful of the concentrate into half a bucket (10-12L?) of water? I have already cleaned the car twice in a week - there is so much of dust here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Just a suggestion, if possible get DRLs. The car will look stunning with it!
I had been to the VW service centre and saw the DRL equipped headlamps in a rack. I was quoted 45k for a pair! I have come to learn that VAG parts are too expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichoudhury View Post
IMHO the red coloured mats do not gel well. (atleast in pics).
The snaps were clicked in the night with the flash. Trust me, the snaps do not do justice. I was eyeing the plain black mats but this looked a lot better in person. I have been thoroughly content with them after the installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
With respect to the rear seat folding, you have to first fold the bench with a small lever under it, and then you can get the seat folded flat. You will have to remove the head rests though.
Hey Rejoy! Thank you for the tip. I did not read the manual when I had attempted it and clicked the snaps but came to know of it much later. Enjoy your ride too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
I have a doubt, is the clutch same as the one in vento, heavy and hard to press?
I have no clue honestly. My test drive on a friend's Vento TDI hardly lasted 5 minutes and couldn't tell if the clutch was hard But you surely can feel the vibes when you press it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Does VW offer some bodykits for the GT variants, as accessories? IMO they should offer some as standard! To distinguish these from the regular Polos.
I do not suppose VW sells any bodykits separately but I saw a Polo SR edition at the showroom with additional accessories amounting to a whopping 1L price tag! There were several additions including some stripe work, open exhaust with a Chrome finish, LED parking lamps etc. It wasn't worth it IMO. But I do agree that the GT versions could have been given some additional accessories to differentiate it from the mass Polo crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
You really have to be a brave soul to test the anti-pinch feature with your hand!
It was my friend's hand you see in the .gif.

I was clicking the shots. He was a bit scared initially!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 20:03   #24

Hey Gannu,
First of all Congratulations on your purchase. It is by far i feel the best looking hatch I have ever witnessed. I really wish VW had given it the DSG treatment as well.
Second, Happy dushera and happy navaratri to you and your family as well.
Third, regarding the rear seat folding check out GTO's thread about folding them,

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/volkswagenpolo/l/interior/vw_polo_11.jpg>

Do try and post your feedback. Best of Luck, and congratulations again.

Chao,

Vikram
Vkrm_Rghvn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 20:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Great review and attention to detail, mate. Loved it, wishing you many torquey miles! Drive safe.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 20:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Amazing review mate! POLO GT TDI is on my radar too. Please keep us posted with your updates! Strap on... Drive Safe!!
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 20:40   #27
BHPian

The car is a stunner in black with the GT badge ! congrats and a very nice write up ! the price you paid for a hatch is considerable, but the performance pleasure would be immense ! do keep the thread updated with mods. you plan.
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 20:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

Split seat should have been provided.. To fold the rear seat back rest, you have to fold the seat first, I suppose... Did you try?

Seat belt warning and height adjust should have been standard. Also, ESP should have been added, as in Tsi... Problem for rear visibility is the head rests. Try changing them..

Excellent buy! You will definitely enjoy! All the best!
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 20:58   #29
BHPian

congratulations gannu on the new buy.
The report felt like an official review here at the team bhp. well done. i am glued to the thread.
I am in the market to buy a new car and I am very very confused on which one to buy.
I love polo and GT TDI is sure a blast to drive, I wanted to close my search with it but wifey hates polo for the amount of money they charge and space inside.
Another issue is the VW service costs and attitude of people here in VW guwahati.
I have one question though. Could you please confirm about the hill hold feature.
blurust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 21:05   #30
BHPian

Congratulations on a really brilliant car! My my, it looks smashing in black and the smoked headlamps compliment the monster that lives inside the hood!
Very well written review I must say. Kudos to you mate.
As you pointed out quite well, cost cutting is indeed evident. It seems strange they could put anti-pinch windows in it but no seatbelt warning indicator.
All in a all, perhaps the most well rounded hatch around town IMO.
Wish you many many happy miles with the black beauty.
Samar117 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed