Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2018, 00:19   #1066
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

In other news, meet the car which would be joining my garage shortly - our '99 peacock green Zen LX:

Anyways, I've given time until 2020 for my sister (and my in-law) to find a suitable replacement after which I'd reclaim her back, do a complete restoration and drive her to work and the shipyard. I'd take the Polo for the long distance drives thereafter. Eagerly looking forward to it - the sooner she exchanges hands, the better. As far as the OEM MGP/SGP parts are concerned, as long as Shashi is around, I wouldn't worry!
This is one nice looking zen, I too own a 2001 Zen Vxi (bought used for my college duties). The correct color name would be metallic exotic green (Leoshashi can confirm) & this is a very good looking color. This was the color in which my dad booked our 99 Omni, but somehow we ended up with a phoenix red Omni.

I would say that for her age she looks to be in good condition. She has some hard to get original parts like the grill, stickers at the back (the mpfi model had chrome emblems) in place. Do take care of these while restoring, these are not easy to find. The air pockets that seem to have developed in the door pads are quite common in zen, you can live with it or swap them with the door pads of the face lifted zen (03-06) which are made of plastic & hence don't have this problem.

As for the AC not working, 99 Zen would run on R12 gas (this gas is banned & not available) & the new gas (R134) will not work properly until some AC parts are changed. Best of luck for the restoration, even today for me Zen is one of the most good looking small cars.

Polo with Zen

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-polo-zen.jpg
chiranjitp is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 06:28   #1067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In other news, meet the car which would be joining my garage shortly - our '99 peacock green Zen LX:

Over the years however, she has taken a beating and it saddens me to see her in this shape whenever she's home - the AC doesn't work (nor does my sister care to get it fixed), there are blisters in the paintwork at a lot of places, dents on the body panels, non-OEM replacements for the headlights and tail-lights, faded plastic trims, brittle weather beading on the doors, tires of 3 brands which were replaced at different intervals etc.
Thankfully the door trims look fine, and that is the only part which is hard to procure.

Quote:
Anyways, I've given time until 2020 for my sister (and my in-law) to find a suitable replacement after which I'd reclaim her back, do a complete restoration and drive her to work and the shipyard. As far as the OEM MGP/SGP parts are concerned, as long as Shashi is around, I wouldn't worry!
Thanks!! I'm in for the restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
The correct color name would be metallic exotic green (Leoshashi can confirm) & this is a very good looking color.
It was Peacock Green for the 1999 Zen IIRC, and this shade of Green was much different from the Exotique Green which 800 got.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 09:19   #1068
BHPian

Reminds me of our '99 Zen LX in the same colour. Have some wonderful memories with it. That AC boost was fun. With one hand on the steering and the other switching between the gear stick and ac button, overtaking was an experience.
Vhruday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 14:45   #1069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The locally manufactured OEM air filter costs Rs. 360. That's definitely dirt cheap compared to the oil and other replacement parts. Will be picking up a few and stocking them. I think it's easy to replace the air filter every 7500 km instead of cleaning it.
Excellent, you really ought to replace, not clean. These type of filters are not suitable for cleaning. Only very specific air filters such as for instance KN, can be cleaned and reused.

Here you can see the KN filter on my car: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post4178616

Quote:
How does that happen Jeroen? Would a severely clogged air filter still let in minute particles through the filtered air inlet or will it choke the amount of fresh air sucked in?
There are numerous problems that can be caused by a clogged air filter. Obviously, it will reduce the airflow which can have an effect on the air/fuel ratio. What happens depends a bit on whether you have a carburator or a fuel injection engine.

But it could cause black soot (due to rich mixture), which spoils the spark plugs. If unburned fuel is present in the exhaust gasses that could problems with the cylinder wall lubrication and catalytic convertors.

So it will affect the engine performance and your fuel efficiency. On fuel injection engines the effects tend to be a bit less then on old school carburettor engines.

The other thing is that due to clogged filter there tends to be a higher vacuum behind the filter. Vacuum is a funny thing. You would be surprised what a little extra vacuum can do to what appears perfectly good seals. It means the engine might start to such in air through all sorts of little gaps. On the up side that counters some of the effects as mentioned above. But the down side is that you have air entering the engine that is completely unfiltered. So every contamination will find it’s way into the engine.

Lastly, clogged air filters have a tendency to tear. That is really bad, because you won’t notice a reduced engine performance anymore, whilst the engine sucks in unfiltered air by the bucket load!

As you point out, an air filter is a really cheap part. It is a consumable, and it must be replaced at the appropriate times. On most cars/bikes replacing the air filter is literally a few minutes job. In a dusty environment as you will find in many Indian places you really ought to keep an eye on the air filter. It’s probably due to be replaced long before the oil change is due.

I replaced the air filter on my Royal Enfield just about every 1000-1500km. By then it was pretty much clogged up.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 11:03   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
... This was one car which came with that boost switch - the AC button! Turn it off and she'd get a sub-second boost to do that overtaking manoeuvre. ...
hahaha! that is one apt description of the AC button, actually it applies to the recent K10 series engine from the Suzuki as well. I used to drive K10 WagonR and felt the same
And good luck to you to reclaim this Indian pocket rocket and to restore it!
sathyasuri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:20   #1071

Re: Gannu's VW Polo GT TDI ownership log : 35,000 km up!

Quote:

5. OEM anti-glare ORVMs:

Attachment 1386873
Hi! Am looking to get this for my new Ameo, but am unable to find this on Aliexpress. Can you please help me identify the same? Or do you know the name of the vendor?
Old 21st March 2018, 18:17   #1072
BHPian

Would it be possible for you to update post #2 with all your latest modifications? I am willing to scroll through 72 pages but it would be awesome for me and other to just access all your amazing mods on post #2.
Old 26th March 2018, 11:51   #1073
BHPian

Hi Ganesh,

One of my friend has accidentally broken the fuel lid cover connector. I suppose the entire assembly needs to be replaced right?

Can you please assist?
Old 8th April 2018, 23:06   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How does that happen Jeroen? Would a severely clogged air filter still let in minute particles through the filtered air inlet or will it choke the amount of fresh air sucked in?
Logically, a clogged air filter lets-in less air and so, the turbo-charger needs to spin at a higher RPM to deliver the required boost pressure at the intake manifold. This increases the load on the TC and so, it's life may reduce.

It is better to replace the air-filter mid way in-to the service IF the engine is remapped OR one constantly drives in dusty areas such as construction sites.. etc.

For a stock vehicle, under normal driving conditions, it can be replaced during the regular service interval. Atmosphere in India is not that bad that everything warrants for an early replacement.

It is NOT recommended to clean paper filters and reuse, as it will open-up the pores and let in particles thicker than what is recommended. Always replace whenever necessary.

Similarly for engine oil, if the engine is remapped OR if the car is driven in the start/stop (B2B) traffic ONLY, it can be replaced a bit earlier. May-be, 12K or 13K Kms instead of 15K Kms, just as a precaution.

For a stock vehicle, If 40% of the usage is on the highway, than the service schedule prescribed by the OEM to be ideally followed.

Viscosity does change faster for predominantly B2B driven vehicles. But will be within limits. It is only that we enthusiasts would like to do something better for our cars, and so, we can change a bit early. Engine will also be cleaner.

I have a practice of flushing the engine every 5th service. What I do is, I will change the engine oil after running it for 2K Kms after every 5th service. You may call this habit insane and un-warranted, but the fact is I do it and it gives me peace of mind.

As a thumb rule, anything that is enduring more stress than it is designed for, needs to be replaced earlier that the schedule.
Chethan B G is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 15:44   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Also got the parking aid button from my Russian dealer-friend sometime back:

Attachment 1522615

Attachment 1522616

Attachment 1522617
]
Hi Gannu

From where can I source this PDC button for the Indian Polo 6R?

Regards
Old 27th May 2018, 17:26   #1076
Team-BHP Support

What‘s up guys!

Been away from the forum for almost 4 months thanks to the hectic work schedule owing to the delivery of the first of our OPVs. The ship was delivered and commissioned on 11th April 2018, the finishing touches were done and she set sail to New Mangalore on 5th May. Got some time to catch up this weekend and realised it has been 4 whole months since my last post and there is a LOT to update!

Here's a shot with the ship which we delivered last month.

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-img_20180423_180506.jpg

• She has clocked over 1,30,000 km:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-130000.jpg

So the magical 1,23,456 km update also came up some time during Jan end:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-123456.jpg

So much for wanting the last digit 0 as well there, I ended up resetting the trip counter during the trip! *facepalm moment*

• Quote:
    Here are the parts for the timing belt kit and the water pump:
    The timing belt was changed at an FNG here owned and operated by Jai Prakash. In addition to the timing belt system replacement, the V belt along with tensioner and idler pulley that drives the alternator and AC compressor was also changed. We have a detailed thread - here; I will put up a detailed post on my experiences on the thread shortly. On the whole, I had a very good experience with the FNG and will certainly recommend it to others especially the VAG car owners.

Here are some of the snaps during the replacement process. With the stock timing belt after the belt guards are removed:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-timing-belt-change_1.jpg

With the stock belt removed after the pulleys are slackened by loosening the fasteners:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-timing-belt-change_2.jpg

This is the exploded view of the parts of the timing belt system for those who are interested:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-timing-belt-parts.png

1, 9 - belt guards
    13 - timing belt
    14, 23 - toothed belt pulleys
    15 - tensioning roller
    18, 21, 24 - idler pulleys
    26 - water pump

And the exploded view of the V belt system that drives the alternator and AC compressor:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-v-belt.png

1 - the mounting bracket for the alternator and compressor
    5 - alternator
    8 - V belt
    10 - idler pulley with tensioner

The replacement parts to the left and the old ones to the right:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-timing-belt-change_parts.jpg

The idler pulley with the tensioner:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-img20180120wa0047.jpg

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-img20180120wa0041.jpg

The G13 coolant was also renewed as replacement of water pump involves the draining of the complete coolant in the system.

The V belt that drives the alternator was also replaced as it had developed cracks over time:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-v-belt-old_1.jpg

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-v-belt-old_2.jpg

The replacement belt:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-v-belt-old.jpg

And here’s the breakup of the pricing:

a. Timing belt kit - Rs. 7900
    b. Water pump - Rs. 6000
    c. Tensioner for v-belt - Rs. 4500
    d. V belt - Rs 900
    Total for parts - Rs. 19, 300
    e. Labour charges including G13 coolant - Rs. 10000
    Total - Rs. 29, 300.

• Now here comes the saddening bit. I’ll just drop this snap here:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-loaded-flatbed.jpg

Yep, that’s my car on a flat-bed truck! How I used to tell all the people how reliable she has ever been during the last 1.2 lakh km that I had driven her and one fine day, she broke down painfully during the start of our journey to Palakkad! Imagine my plight when it happened!

But regardless of that, I’d like to thank God Almighty that she broke down:

a. When I was with a friend who could help me push the car to the road side. And not when I was alone or with my wife or parents.
    b. When it was 3 PM in the afternoon. And not in the night since I frequently do night drives.
    c. When it was a Friday. And not on a weekend when the flat-bed truck service or the FNG is shut down.
    d. When we were just 30 km away from Chennai. And not very far wherein the tow truck/flat-bed truck facility was easily available and they could attend to us on time.

I was completely demoralised that day when we were actually looking forward to spend the weekend at home visiting some places etc. The car broke down at a junction when we were waiting for the traffic signal and the gear wouldn’t engage to 1 or 2 upon depressing the clutch. The clutch pedal sunk inside. Friend had to push the car and helped me while I steered. I suspected a damaged master cylinder. Although symptoms of a heavy clutch was there before, it didn’t worsen over time and the clutch worked fine until the very day we started off for the journey. After we moved the car to the road side, I took a peak at the engine bay and saw some fluid sprayed inside near the air filter box at the firewall. I went inside the car, pulled the pedal out and depressed it asking my friend to notice anything abnormal - he said some fluid was being sprayed from a leaky hose!

And it turns out, the clutch hose had ruptured! We called for the flat-bed truck service through the FNG contact - Jai Prakash and the truck turned up an hour after we called them in - too good considering it was a weekend and the rush for the Bangalore-Cochin highway exit had started. An 18-something year old guy jumped out of the truck (I was shocked and was wondering how on earth is this dude going to transport my car atop that truck!). He got into the car, shoved the car in the first gear, started her and aligned it in the direction of the ramp, and BAM she climbed the ramp! Like that! I thought to myself, probably this guy has seen worse. If nothing else works, there’s a winch on the truck that can pull vehicles that absolutely cannot move on its own power.

All said and done, she was loaded, both of us got into the cabin of the truck and we turned back to Chennai, wanting to drop her at Jai Prakash’s FNG where I did my timing belt replacement previously - I wasn’t remotely thinking about any VW service centers at that time! I called my parents and wife and informed them of my plight - they did sympathise and asked me not to panic and worry (that’s the best they could do anyway).

While I looked back through the rear window of the truck, this was the sight:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-flatbed-travel.jpg

We reached the place in about 3 hours’ time and it was about 8 PM. Jai wasn’t available so he got someone to come who could move my car into his locked garage. We did and returned to my home in a cab. At about 9:30 PM, Jai pings us with the video of the leak and asks us if the air-filter box assembly was removed and reinstalled recently. For a moment, I couldn’t recall anything but YES, it was removed.

This:

Quote:
    Got the brake fluid changed 2 weeks back at an FNG.

/snip

The MyTVS garage is located bang opposite to Prasannalakshmi auditorium on Shornur road next to the Mercy College junction. Here's the Google maps shortcut.

/snip

And lastly, the clutch also needs to be bled since the clutch is also using the same fluid from the brake fluid reservoir. However access to the bleeding nipple is not straightforward and the air filter box, battery and the battery base needs to be removed.
    So it turns out, while reseating the air-filter box back in place, the water drain hose of the air-filter box was chafing against the clutch hose. And over time it caused the hose to rupture.

This is the hose which is crimped on both ends to metal tubes:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-damaged-clutch-hose.jpg

This is the hose from the parts diagram:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-clutch-hose.png

And the diagram that shows the water drainage hose which was rubbing against it (since I couldn’t take a click from inside the engine bay):

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-af-box-assy.png

So this happened purely due to the incompetency of the MyTVS garage while they reseated the air-filter box. I have the piece of ruptured hose with me and will take it to them sometime giving them a good feedback of this incident. Jai attended to the replacement work and topped up the brake fluid. Sourcing the OEM hose was taking time so he got an aftermarket EPDM hose of the same internal dia., cut the factory crimped ends and crimped it to the metal tubes. He reassured that this hose would last longer than the OEM one itself.

Damages to the wallet:
    a. Flat-bed truck (approx. 80 km for both ways) - Rs. 4000
    b. Labour charges (including hose replacement and brake fluid top-up) - Rs. 3500

Quite an experience it was and a lesson learnt too. But nothing quite like driving her back from the FNG to home in the good ol’ condition. I trust Jai more than anyone else here and almost 7000 km later, she hasn’t had an issue so far to this day. *knocks wood* Hope it continues that way.

• Quote:
    The rear wiper lost its plastic cap sometime last week:

Attachment 1709102

Will buy a couple of replacements this time when I source the other parts. Should be relatively inexpensive. Part number is 5K6 955 435:

Attachment 1709101
    Got the replacement and installed it some time back:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-rear-wiper-mount-cover.jpg

Price: Rs 635 (9.39 USD)
    Source: eBay (shipped from Latvia)

• The rear suspension bump stops were gone owing to the usual wear and tear:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-bump-stops_old.jpg

Got a replacement from eBay:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-bump-stops_new.jpg

And had it changed from the local myTVS garage (charged Rs. 350 for labour):

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-bump-stops_installed.jpg

Part number: 6Q0 512 131 B
    Price: Rs 2155 (26.56 Euro)
    Source: eBay (shipped from Germany)

• When I wanted to get the wheel balancing/alignment done, the shop technician was unable to get a lug off the rear-left wheel. The hex head of the lug had worn out and the wrench would simply spin over it. We were unable to get the wheel off. This can be troublesome in case there’s a puncture during the highway runs.

Didn’t want to risk it so we drove to the MyTVS garage, the hub cap was removed (part no. 6 in the image below), the M20 axle nut was removed (part no. 5) and the whole assembly was taken off.

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-rear-wheel-assy.png

They then took it to a machining shop and removed the stuck lug by cutting it in a lathe.

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-lug-bolt-removed.jpg

The worn head couldn’t be traced. A new lug bolt was installed.

Part number: WHT 001 812
    Price: Rs 240
    Source: Local market

• Replacement tires:

The current set of Michelin Primacy 3 STs lasted for more than 90,000 km over 2 years and 9 months. After using these tires and for the kind of use/abuse they were subjected to during this run, I didn’t look for any alternatives.

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-new-p3st.jpg

Treads on the older lot:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-old-p3st.jpg

Installed:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-p3st_new.jpg

The previous set was purchased during August 2015 before our Ladakh drive. The newer stocks had 4217 imprinted on them which translates to an October 2017 manufacturing - not great but not too bad either. Just a little over 6 months. Getting a fresh stock in this part of the country (Palakkad) is hard as these tires aren't very popular here.

Here's how I'd rate them:

Comfort - 4/5
    Handling - 3/5
    Noise - 3/5
    Wet grip - 4/5
    Sidewall - 5/5
    Longevity - 5/5

Amazing tires and great VFM. I’d highly recommend them if your car sees a lot of highway runs.

Price: Rs 27200 (including 4 new valves and wheel alignment)
    Source: Car Tech, Palakkad (GMaps)

• We have a lab at my in-laws’ place at Malappuram. Caught both of them in a frame during one of my drives:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-lab.jpg

And another one during one of those monsoon drives just as I had reached home and was backing up:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-frog.jpg

Those eyes though!

• Once I was relieved from my duties at the shipyard, wife flew over for the weekend and we wanted to do a quick getaway. Decided to do Karnataka this time and we drove to Shravanabelagola, Shettihalli church near Hassan, Manjarabad Fort and the Hoysala temples at Belur.

This was the route map:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-ka-trip-map.png

I’ll put up a brief travelogue here some time later. For now, here’s a collage:

VW Polo GT TDI ownership log EDIT: 9 years and 178,000 km later...-ka-trip.jpg

This was a short but sweet trip - lasted all of 3 days including 2 days of drive. BHPian Parag helped us a lot for this trip including the routes, co-ordinates and hotels! Hat tip to you bro.

• The ownership thread crossed 1 million views some time back! I owe my thanks to the readers for the feedback and support.

So I guess that’s all for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerEphraim View Post
Hi! Am looking to get this for my new Ameo, but am unable to find this on Aliexpress. Can you please help me identify the same? Or do you know the name of the vendor?
Aliexpress

Please be sure to enter the correct MY (model year) as the mirrors for the newer units with indicators and power folding functions are different from the 2013 model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
Would it be possible for you to update post #2 with all your latest modifications? I am willing to scroll through 72 pages but it would be awesome for me and other to just access all your amazing mods on post #2.
I'll do that shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Ganesh,

One of my friend has accidentally broken the fuel lid cover connector. I suppose the entire assembly needs to be replaced right?

Can you please assist?
I'm sure the issue must be resolved by now but henceforth be sure to check here - ETKA

You can get the part numbers and see if it is available separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
From where can I source this PDC button for the Indian Polo 6R?
You can get it through the official service centers but it may end up being expensive compared to getting it from abroad. Part number is 6RU 927 122 WHS.

Apologies for the delayed response guys!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th May 2018 at 18:17.
Gannu_1 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 10:31   #1077
BHPian

Thanks for detailed update Gannu.

My polo service is due in 2 months (105K KMs) and i am planning to use Jai Prakash FNG for timing belt replacement. Please let us know whether the parts sourced by you or Jai Prakash.
Old 10th June 2018, 08:37   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the GT putting on the miles. Thanks for the detailed update too especially the details on the timing belt which I was always curious about having sold off my car before that mark.

It amazes me the kind of mileage Michelin gives. It makes it totally worth the extra money you pay. Would rate Yoko S Drives better in terms of grip and braking.

Did you check any of the Indian online parts sites for the suspension buffer? I remember getting the febi/bilstien part from one of them when I replaced the same.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 11:06   #1079
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiva75 View Post
Please let us know whether the parts sourced by you or Jai Prakash.
Most of the parts were sourced by me. He sourced the idler pulley which was replaced as a part of the preventive maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Did you check any of the Indian online parts sites for the suspension buffer?
I did Shibu. Boodmo was showing several replacement parts from various manufacturers and the pricing was nearly the same as the one I paid for the imported buffers. Knowing their reputation and the feedback on our forum, I didn't want to risk it. So ended up sourcing from abroad.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 08:41   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Are you getting tak tak sounds from the front suspension when going over uneven surfaces?

I would highly recommend powerflex purple or similar top suspension mount for the Polo/Vento if you are on stock suspension or even Bilstein B6. These top mounts really change the way the car handles around corners and the change in steering response which becomes sharper.

I have used them in Polo (first powerflex black and then purple) with stock suspension and the Octavia Mk1 (which shares the same bush) with Bilstein B6 and it made a great difference with no negatives in ride.
Iam get this tak tak sound while running on an undulated surfaces. Was thinking of getting it fixed at the ASC. Was browsing TBHP to find out if there are any better alternatives than the one provided by OE & ended up here -

Will check with them on the root cause & if its the mounts, will try this out. Where did you ordered/purchased these from?. Thanks

Most Viewed