Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2015, 10:32   #91
BHPian

re: Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

The oil performs beautifully as ever, and overall lubricating qualities is superior. The car is fast and smooth, with no unwanted clatter. Its upto you to go for 170mm or 185 mm shocks. My car came with factory fitted 185 mm shocks. The handling is not as good as the pre 2012 punto due to increased body roll, but if you are willing to compromise, then for the high ground clearance benefit, they are extremely helpful. On highway, with the C drives, its extremely stable as it should be.
Thanks for the feedback sidindica. I was there at at WOS on sunday to get the front shocks replaced on my Punto. We missed catching up. May be i was too busy watching the guys work on my Punto.
Old 1st August 2015, 12:28   #92
Senior - BHPian

Sixty thousand steps to an evolution.

She completes 3 years in mid september. And since a milestone of 60,000 steps of a kilometre have been traversed, it was time to give her a makeover. The car is running perfectly fine with no problems whatsoever, but temptation and lust to make her look different resulted in this.

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img-1.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img-2.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img-3.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img-4.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img-5.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img-6.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img-7.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img-8.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img-9.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img-10.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img-11.jpg

The wheel rims are MOMO Revenge, made specifically for Fiat, with 98 PCD*4 hole configuration and are currently only available in 16". Choosing the tyre size was a no brainer since the punto evo sport comes with 195/55 R16. Price and choice and keeping overall value budget in mind, Goodyear assurance triplemax was chosen and the installation was done at BK tyres, Lajpat Nagar, Delhi. Consultation with the importer and BK was done on the usage of hub centric rings, they said its not required.

Wheel size: 7J*16
ET: 35
Centre Bore: 58:1
Net weight per wheel: 8.7 KG
Gross weight: 9.8 KG
Cost: INR 8.5k per wheel
sidindica is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 16:46   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The wheel rims are MOMO Revenge, made specifically for Fiat, with 98 PCD*4 hole configuration and are currently only available in 16". Choosing the tyre size was a no brainer since the punto evo sport comes with 195/55 R16.

Congrats Sid, that was a delicious upgrade.

I am planning to go for upcoming T-Jet Avventura. Can I fit your same MOMO Revenge 7J 16" with stock 205 width rubber without any spacers or rings?

What precaution did BK Tyres took for fixing the Alloys without any scratches and dents?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 1st August 2015, 19:11   #94
Senior - BHPian

They can be easily fitted on avventura hopefully. Car was lifted on jack, and one wheel at a time was uninstalled and reinstalled. Very slowly and carefully.

At 60k kms, I also got the 2 drive belts (power steering+AC and alternator) changed as per Fiat's service owners manual recommendation. Costing incurred in total was approx 3.5k.
Old 6th August 2015, 12:03   #95
BHPian

Quote:
The wheel rims are MOMO Revenge, made specifically for Fiat, with 98 PCD*4 hole configuration and are currently only available in 16". Choosing the tyre size was a no brainer since the punto evo sport comes with 195/55 R16. Price and choice and keeping overall value budget in mind, Goodyear assurance triplemax was chosen and the installation was done at BK tyres, Lajpat Nagar, Delhi. Consultation with the importer and BK was done on the usage of hub centric rings, they said its not required.

Those alloys look killer. I have found this shade to be always better looking than chrome. Is your Punto running on high GC kit.

Quote:
They can be easily fitted on avventura hopefully. Car was lifted on jack, and one wheel at a time was uninstalled and reinstalled. Very slowly and carefully.

At 60k kms, I also got the 2 drive belts (power steering+AC and alternator) changed as per Fiat's service owners manual recommendation. Costing incurred in total was approx 3.5k.
Sid, i would like to know more about these belts. My MJD is at 51k and will be going for service at 55k. Where did you get them replaced?
Old 7th August 2015, 09:16   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Those alloys look killer. I have found this shade to be always better looking than chrome. Is your Punto running on high GC kit.

Sid, i would like to know more about these belts. My MJD is at 51k and will be going for service at 55k. Where did you get them replaced?
Punto had factory fitted high GC kit.
At 60000 kms, Fiat recommends changing of "auxillary drive belts and accessory drive belts". There are two belts on the engine's left side-the PS-cum-alternator belt and the AC belt. These need to be changed as per the service recommendation. Many workshops say its "inspect and replace if necessary but since I strictly adhere to manufacturer guidelines, I got replaced promptly.
Old 7th August 2015, 09:22   #97
BHPian

Quote:
The belts are a total of 1300 odd with taxes....the rest 2200 was labour for replacing the belts or are there other jobs carried out as well? That's fairly expensive!
Old 7th August 2015, 10:53   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Punto had factory fitted high GC kit.
At 60000 kms, Fiat recommends changing of "auxillary drive belts and accessory drive belts". There are two belts on the engine's left side-the PS-cum-alternator belt and the AC belt. These need to be changed as per the service recommendation. Many workshops say its "inspect and replace if necessary but since I strictly adhere to manufacturer guidelines, I got replaced promptly.
Thanks sidindica. Did you get them replaced at WOS or some other place.
Old 7th August 2015, 15:49   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Thanks sidindica. Did you get them replaced at WOS or some other place.
Oberoi Fiat, Noida.
Lapis, the diesel belts are costly, close to 3k for both.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 17:45   #100

I am newbie here. My punto is 4.5 years old and has done 50,000 km. There was a noise coming out from the front left suspension and when i took to A.S.S in chennai i was suggested to replace suspension strut, but the A.S.S didnt have stock and suggested taking it to their branch in chennai. My question is should i go for a Ground clerance upgrade kit or should only the front left strut. please advise
Old 28th August 2015, 09:10   #101
Senior - BHPian

The first electrical trouble. When six pack ABS starts acting up.

About a couple of weekends back, while driving down from the Himalayas, the ABS warning light came on and there was an intermittent error message coming up "ABS unavailable, see handbook". On seeing the owners manual, nothing concrete was given, except "Take your vehicle to the nearest Fiat workshop" and meanwhile, ABS system can work but not to its full potential. Rains were heavy to add to the woes, but the brakes were working fine, atleast from what I tried, there seemed to be what looked like a minor ECM error.

First step-disconnect the battery and check, on reconnecting, the ECM error appeared again while driving.
Second step-consult the nearest Fiat authorized service center. Called up Oberoi Fiat in the second half and since it was a working Monday after the independence day weekend, it was heavily crowded, yet they asked me to bring the car.

Decoding the error
While running the OBD diagnostic scanner, the problem was detected on rear left wheel throwing out intermittent errors. The car was taken down on a lift, after opening the job card, and the said tyre was opened. Upon closer inspection, it seemed that the sensors were working normally, but opening the rear drum brake, the problem was traced to the rear drum wheel hub bearing, placed inside the covering of the drum brake.
The bearing has a rubber lining, rusty brown in colour, and this lining had cut from many areas, and this, being connected to the sensor, was the culprit of throwing out intermittent errors since the sensors were not sensing the braking fully.
Part was replaced with a new one, costing Rs. 2236, but the dealer took approval of extended warranty from Fiat which was granted quickly.
After 2:30 hours, car was out, and brakes were rechecked, error deleted, and all is well again.
Aah, today's machines and their complexities.
Next service is due at 65,000 kms, just close to 2k kms to go for the same.

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img_20150826_151323-copy.jpg

Pic taken after a wax and sealent application yesterday. Still runs and feels as good as new. Maintain your car, for that timeless look, time after time. And good thing that I actually am finding consistent improvements in Fiat service. Sales? Not so.

Last edited by sidindica : 28th August 2015 at 09:11.
sidindica is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 15:58   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
J'igglin a Value Card

Since the alto got this car's pioneer 6590, the main reason behind this is a change in HU, called the JVC KD-R 80 BT. Heard very good reviews about it, so thought its time for a swap. Costed 8.9k, and has all the usual features like Bluetooth (can pair 2 phone at one time), twin rear USB (one for bluetooth dongle), rear aux and CD lot inside. I didn't find the looks of the HU interesting, but for the price, its a great HU. Brings out the best in the rainbows. Output and SQ is way better, bass is more pronounced and mid range is much improved. Also, it features a unique 3 band parametric equalizer to individually adjust bass, mid and treble settings as per the track genre.

Further tuning is required, though, and at this price, I recommend a buy.
Any feedback on the JVC R80 BT? You should have got used to it by now.

I am looking to pick one up now, for the Punto Emotion to replace the existing blue and me and crap stock HU setup. Was looking for feedback on the bluetooth functionality and the reliability. Does it support hands-free calling like the blue&me does, without the need for any big manual interventions? Also, the bluetooth module is an external adapter, right? Does it come with the phone?

Also, can we set the full display to red? Online pics shows buttons red and screen below.

My current setup- The car in question is a Punto.

1. Stock Delphi HU.
2. PHD Audiophile Sound Systems MF 6.2 Components front.
3. PHD Audiophile Sound Systems FB 6 Co-ax rear.
4. DLS XProgram XA-40 4 channel amplifier.
5. JBL GTO 804 8 inch subwoofer

PS - Looks like the prices are more now compared to what you paid last year!
Old 16th October 2015, 00:21   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any feedback on the JVC R80 BT? You should have got used to it by now.

I am looking to pick one up now, for the Punto Emotion to replace the existing blue and me and crap stock HU setup. Was looking for feedback on the bluetooth functionality and the reliability. Does it support hands-free calling like the blue&me does, without the need for any big manual interventions? Also, the bluetooth module is an external adapter, right? Does it come with the phone?

Also, can we set the full display to red? Online pics shows buttons red and screen below.

My current setup- The car in question is a Punto.

1. Stock Delphi HU.
2. PHD Audiophile Sound Systems MF 6.2 Components front.
3. PHD Audiophile Sound Systems FB 6 Co-ax rear.
4. DLS XProgram XA-40 4 channel amplifier.
5. JBL GTO 804 8 inch subwoofer

PS - Looks like the prices are more now compared to what you paid last year!
Apologies for the typos thanks to Mobile auto correct.

I was asking if the external USB Bluetooth module came with the head unit itself (Not phone). Also, if the screen colour can also be changed to red from blue (not below).

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st November 2015, 22:40   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Apologies for the typos thanks to Mobile auto correct.

I was asking if the external USB Bluetooth module came with the head unit itself (Not phone). Also, if the screen colour can also be changed to red from blue (not below).

Thanks in advance.
Crazy driver, the HU is discontinued long time back, I picked mine for 8,990 INR.
It can be set to red or reddish orange, and supports bluetooth module pairing for upto 2 phones. Its an external device hooked onto a rear USB port, and has an external mic.
Old 2nd November 2015, 01:36   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Crazy driver, the HU is discontinued long time back, I picked mine for 8,990 INR.
It can be set to red or reddish orange, and supports bluetooth module pairing for upto 2 phones. Its an external device hooked onto a rear USB port, and has an external mic.
Thanks. It is still available online and the prices seem to have gone north. Snapdeal lists it way above 11k now ! Still a very competent unit at that price too.

http://m.snapdeal.com/product/jvc-kd-r80bt-bluetooth-dual/606803

I'm trying to work out a deal for the Pioneer P80RS. If that doesn't work out, would probably pick the JVC.

Most Viewed