Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2014, 18:20   #286
BHPian

I agree with the above post. Just got through my first service @ 12000 kms. The bill came to 22000. If you drive less than 10000 kms a year the Bsi will turn out expensive considering the interest component on your money. Will have to take the same call about insurance and secure in February. Planning to take the extended warranty option though as it is now available without Bsi.
Old 19th December 2014, 20:57   #287
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3

Quote:
I agree with the above post. Just got through my first service @ 12000 kms. The bill came to 22000. If you drive less than 10000 kms a year the Bsi will turn out expensive considering the interest component on your money.
Do factor in maintenance charges when it starts getting aged - like brake pad/ rotor , belts & even battery after 4-5 Years

If your running is low opt for 5 Year / 40 K package , given my experience with so many bimmers , BSI packages are worth every penny ..

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th December 2014 at 21:02.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 22:12   #288
BHPian

@mohit. I have been reading your post and it really impressed me to take the test drive of the vehicle. To give you guys a background I was fishing in the market for year end deals. We saw an Audi advertisements stating huge discounts on A4. The OTR price in Ahmedabad after discounts came to 36.4l. I took the test drive of A4 but felt that the car was lacking the zig and seems to be outdated. Last night I came across your post and it made me walk to BMW showroom this morning. The test drive vehicle was the sport variant and I felt in love the moment I saw it. I am interested in buying the prestige variant and the sales guy gave a OTR price of 36.5 lacs after discounts + I have to pay for BIS in case we opt for it.

Do you think this is a good price or shall we negotiate further ? The overall discounts are 3.5l, has anyone got a better discounts on prestige variant ?

Will there be any difference in the driving pleasure between sports variant or prestige ?
Old 24th December 2014, 11:33   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_i View Post
The test drive vehicle was the sport variant and I felt in love the moment I saw it.
Did you drive it or only look at it? Let us also know your opinion after you drove it as against A4.
Old 24th December 2014, 12:37   #290
BHPian

Quote:
@mohit. I have been reading your post and it really impressed me to take the test drive of the vehicle. To give you guys a background I was fishing in the market for year end deals. We saw an Audi advertisements stating huge discounts on A4. The OTR price in Ahmedabad after discounts came to 36.4l. I took the test drive of A4 but felt that the car was lacking the zig and seems to be outdated. Last night I came across your post and it made me walk to BMW showroom this morning. The test drive vehicle was the sport variant and I felt in love the moment I saw it. I am interested in buying the prestige variant and the sales guy gave a OTR price of 36.5 lacs after discounts + I have to pay for BIS in case we opt for it.

Do you think this is a good price or shall we negotiate further ? The overall discounts are 3.5l, has anyone got a better discounts on prestige variant ?

Will there be any difference in the driving pleasure between sports variant or prestige ?
Boss I must second your opinion, just love my 320d. A4 Is not a driver's car at all. I bought last year in February a 320d sportline for 30 lacs ex showroom. I don't know what the offer is this year hence can't comment. Mine was a 2013 model hence the excessive discount. Just follow your heart boss it's the best decision that you can make. amongst the three brands the 320d is the best in my opinion.
Old 24th December 2014, 18:34   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@mohit. I have been reading your post and it really impressed me to take the test drive of the vehicle.

Thank you for the kind words. The 3 series is easily the best driver oriented car in its segment although I haven't TD the new C. The discount on the prestige variant is around 3.5L only since even I asked about the same a week back for a friend.

And no there is absolutely no difference in the driving pleasure between the prestige and the sports variant except that the sports variant has got different seats with better side support and that extendable thigh support. But otherwise the 2 variants are identical engine wise and safety feature wise.
Old 24th December 2014, 22:39   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Did you drive it or only look at it? Let us also know your opinion after you drove it as against A4.

I have driven both the vehicles and of course 3series is any day better than A4. Can somebody elaborate on the cost of maintaining the bemmer. What is normally included in BIS packages and what is left out. I heard of friend of mine who owns 5 series even had too pay for the bulb replacement even after having BIS. The sales guy handed me a sheet which shows 2 kind of packages. One is service and another is plus. Does anyone know the exact inclusions in each of these. I heard there is a long list of disclaimers
Old 25th December 2014, 10:30   #293
BHPian

Quote:
I have driven both the vehicles and of course 3series is any day better than A4. Can somebody elaborate on the cost of maintaining the bemmer. What is normally included in BIS packages and what is left out. I heard of friend of mine who owns 5 series even had too pay for the bulb replacement even after having BIS. The sales guy handed me a sheet which shows 2 kind of packages. One is service and another is plus. Does anyone know the exact inclusions in each of these. I heard there is a long list of disclaimers
There are 3 kinds of BSI in my understanding and dont know if it has changed in the last 1 year:
BSI: includes only Scheduled service and No warranty beyond 2 yrs. No changes of brake pads etc
BSI+: includes above plus changes of brake pads+wiper blades etc under wear and tear as well
BSI Ultimate: includes above plus warranty beyond 2 years till the BSI plus package is valid
Old 19th January 2015, 10:36   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys what is the ideal oil change interval for the 320d? I know that the car decides that for itself but what has been the general experience on the forum so far? I am asking this because my car's first service ( according to the car's computer) took place 10 months from the date of purchase and with odo @ 6k kms. The car's computer that time showed the service due in the 10th month or within 9k kms. Now after that first servicing the cars computer is again displaying 10th month of this year ( which will be exactly after 1 year of last service) or 9k kms. The car's current odo reading is 6900 kms. So practically my car is asking for service every 9000 kms. Just curious to know since the car is driven only on Delhi roads and with utmost care. Is a 9000 km service interval justified in such a scenario? I am covered under BSI and hence not much worried related to cost but just curious.
My car usually returns 14-15 kmpl in the city which should give you an approximate idea of the driving style.

Also till now I had been maintaining 32psi for city runs. Reset the tyre pressures to 29 psi for front and 31 psi for the rear tyres as suggested by BMW. The ride has become much more softer although the car feels a little sluggish maybe because I was used to 32psi in all my cars.

Last edited by drmohitg : 19th January 2015 at 10:42.
Old 19th January 2015, 10:50   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Guys what is the ideal oil change interval for the 320d? I know that the car decides that for itself but what has been the general experience on the forum so far? I am asking this because my car's first service ( according to the car's computer) took place 10 months from the date of purchase and with odo @ 6k kms. The car's computer that time showed the service due in the 10th month or within 9k kms. Now after that first servicing the cars computer is again displaying 10th month of this year ( which will be exactly after 1 year of last service) or 9k kms. The car's current odo reading is 6900 kms. So practically my car is asking for service every 9000 kms. Just curious to know since the car is driven only on Delhi roads and with utmost care. Is a 9000 km service interval justified in such a scenario? I am covered under BSI and hence not much worried related to cost but just curious.

Also till now I had been maintaining 32psi for city runs. Reset the tyre pressures to 29 psi for front and 31 psi for the rear tyres as suggested by BMW. The ride has become much more softer although the car feels a little sluggish maybe because I was used to 32psi in all my cars.
First service can be tricky, i say that because i saw undelivered 530d (old stock, pre LCi F10) in the stockyard needing a service in 3 months, and it had run > 500 kms. So if the car is old & delivered to you late then the 1st service would have happened faster.

For example my cars (petrol) 1st service happened after 12,300 kms & 22 months of ownership.

As you know the service interval is also depending on how you drive your car & how you drove her in the break in time.

To calm you down id just say that its all normal & you dont need to worry about the oil change but the top up. Because more than a change the oil is used up even before the car may need a service so your car will be smart enough to pop a light on your iDrive to top up the engine oil, see this post from my thread for a similar incident;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3388642

Last edited by karan561 : 19th January 2015 at 10:52.
Old 6th February 2015, 23:46   #296
BHPian

Got my BMW serviced recently. Attached is the image of the bill.

BMW did not ask for any money since the car is under BSI.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-bmw-ser.jpg  

akshay81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 14:22   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
Got my BMW serviced recently. Attached is the image of the bill.

BMW did not ask for any money since the car is under BSI.
Which service was this? As in how many kms? Quite a lot of parts changed there. Also in the bill they have mentioned wheel alignment. That is not covered under BSI. How did they not charge you for that?
Old 7th February 2015, 14:49   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Which service was this? As in how many kms? Quite a lot of parts changed there. Also in the bill they have mentioned wheel alignment. That is not covered under BSI. How did they not charge you for that?
It is the servicing at 36k kms. The car had gone for touch up work when the service centre said service is due though on board it showed a couple of 1000 kms to go.

I am not sure if wheel alignment is included or not but mine is 3 years bsi. Also the parts replacement was on account of some noise and vibrations in the car from front part of the car.

On board computer now shows next servicing is after 15k kms.
Old 7th February 2015, 14:53   #299
Senior - BHPian

Suspension components changed at 36,400 kms?! Why?
Old 7th February 2015, 15:16   #300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That is because alignment is required, I believe, after changing suspension components. Since it is not because of a customer request and is mandated it is covered under BSI.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 7th February 2015 at 15:20.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks