Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 15th August 2020, 20:46   #391
BHPian

Default Re: BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Sorry, could not reply to you earlier. Precisely, the discount should have been more. Attached below is the quotation.
Attachment 1209908

And with the excise duty cut, I am expecting further reduce of ~ 1 lac in ex-showroom. Anyway, I am still negotiating (can wait)
Seeing these prices from 6 years ago made me a bit teary-eyed. Today, a 3-Series costs almost 50 % more than what you paid for yours.
Old 17th August 2020, 10:06   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Seeing these prices from 6 years ago made me a bit teary-eyed. Today, a 3-Series costs almost 50 % more than what you paid for yours.
This disgusting discount trend had started around 2010 and has only increased further with the years passing by. They launch the cars at atrocious pricing and apart from the initial odd buyer, no one frankly buys these cars at these insane prices. The company, dealer, sales rep all know this. And then the discount game starts which can vary from city to city, dealer to dealer, month to month but on an average one can always knock off close to 6-7L easily off these prices. Sometimes even more. I fail to understand the marketing strategy. Instead why not launch at lower prices and make it more affordable.

A 3 series at 50L+ is just a big NO. Absolutely not worth the money.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 11:44   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

A 3 series at 50L+ is just a big NO. Absolutely not worth the money.
Absolutely agreed. We were looking to buy a car in this segment in March last year and the 3 Series was a contender. When I called the dealership, they offered a flat 14 lakhs discount over the phone! That made the on-road price around 42 lakhs! Obviously this was to clear their stock of F30's before the G20 was launched. But if they can afford to knock off 14 lakhs from the price, it makes me wonder just how much margin they make on newly launched models.
TheGearBox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 12:23   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Service Update

Thanks to the pandemic, the car saw much less running this year. Although post the lockdown relaxations, it has done a few highway trips.

The last engine oil service was done in January, 2020 with the odometer at 65k km. The iDrive showed that the Brake oil was due for a change in October. Although the car had covered only 5k km since the last oil service, the engine oil was also up for a change as per the iDrive in the next 2000 km. This would be in sync with the time interval of 1 year. Hence dropped the car for servicing. Total bill was approx. Rs. 24k but since my car is under BSI, this was all covered.

The headlight error code that was repeatedly coming on and off since last 2 months (link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4861925 (BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3)), turned out be a software issue and things are back to normal.

Right after getting the car back, another highway trip into Punjab was on the cards. And the car performed flawlessly as expected. These kind of longish drives are what makes one stay connected with the car since that is when you appreciate the true potential meaning of JOY - effortless cruising, prompt acceleration and great steering feedback. You don't realize how fast the car gobbles up miles on the road. Reached my destination and to my surprise saw the F30 featured in the used car of the week. And without a doubt, I would say that this would make a great buy. You just need to look out for a piece that has received some love and care by its owner and rest assured you won't regret the decision to buy this machine.

The journey statistics for my yesterday's drive.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-20201019_173249.jpg  

Last edited by drmohitg : 20th October 2020 at 12:24.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed