Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 12:49   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Another amazing factor which pulls this car way ahead of the competition are the incredible discounts on offer. I read somewhere that the base petrol 3 was in the range of 32-34 lacs on road.

When I bought mine (which is a diesel), the discounts were in the range of approx 6-7 lacs too. I don't think you'll have to pay 45+ unless you're willing to go for the top end and even with that, I believe you'll get a pretty hefty discount if you push hard.
Not really, Rahul _jo. Am working with Kun Exclusive but they come across as less interested to engage me. In fact I was offered 1 lac discount on 320 petrol luxury line. That is all.
Old 26th September 2016, 13:16   #332
BHPian

Re: BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGopkrsna View Post
Not really, Rahul _jo. Am working with Kun Exclusive but they come across as less interested to engage me. In fact I was offered 1 lac discount on 320 petrol luxury line. That is all.
Can you buy the 320 petrol in Delhi, transport and get it registered by yourself in your city? If it is possible, then you may be able to save lots of money.
Fstlndrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 23:42   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Can you buy the 320 petrol in Delhi, transport and get it registered by yourself in your city? If it is possible, then you may be able to save lots of money.
Hi FstIndrive. That is an option but I have no contact at Delhi and am based out of Hyderabad. Is there a dealer SA contact that you can help with? In the meanwhile I will enquire at the RTA here on the formalities for a permanent registration here. Thank you.
Old 28th September 2016, 08:21   #334
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That is an option but I have no contact at Delhi and am based out of Hyderabad. Is there a dealer SA contact that you can help with? In the meanwhile I will enquire at the RTA here on the formalities for a permanent registration here
I am not sure if BMW Dealerships in NCR will give you an Invoice with Hyderabad address, they have some internal agreements. Within North, it is still possible. Do you intend to take this in your personal name or company?
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 08:34   #335
BHPian

Hi Turbanator, this will be on company name.
Old 28th September 2016, 10:38   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank You, El bobo 6061 -- I will test drive the X1, however as I said my biggest reason for considering a beemer is the sheer driving pleasure of the RWD and this thought is only getting strengthened by the comments/experience on both 320d and X1 on TBHP.

Present BMW 320d owners, please help with your inputs too. Thank you in advance.
Sorry for the late reply. But why don't you also take a look at the 3GT? It has slightly more space, better GC and a few other unique features like the frameless doors. I feel its worth a few extra lakhs over the top end 3 series specially when you are mostly going to keep this car for quite sometime.

Enough has been said about the ownership aspect and I don't think I can add anything to that discussion.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 11:30   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Sorry for the late reply. But why don't you also take a look at the 3GT? It has slightly more space, better GC and a few other unique features like the frameless doors. I feel its worth a few extra lakhs over the top end 3 series specially when you are mostly going to keep this car for quite sometime.

Enough has been said about the ownership aspect and I don't think I can add anything to that discussion.
Hi drmohitg, thank you. Some how GT looks doesn't appeal to me. I completely agree it is little more comfy. Also 2017 facelifted version will be out soon. I personally feel 3 series is sportier than GT.

That apart, am surprised that BMW dealer in Hyderabad doesn't engage us. I infact sent my SA a reminder but no luck so far. This is the second time this is happening :(
Old 28th September 2016, 13:30   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That apart, am surprised that BMW dealer in Hyderabad doesn't engage us. I infact sent my SA a reminder but no luck so far. This is the second time this is happening :(
Try talking to another dealer. Also do not opt for it unless they give you a real good deal matching the figures doing the rounds up north. BMW is struggling to sell and do not forget that.
Old 28th September 2016, 14:07   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Try talking to another dealer. Also do not opt for it unless they give you a real good deal matching the figures doing the rounds up north. BMW is struggling to sell and do not forget that.
That's the problem here, drmohitg. Kun Exclusive has monopoly here. Just one dealer for 3 states AP, TS and TN. When I last enquired they said best they can do is 1 lakh discount with a comment saying BMW has more demand in Hyderabad, which is very hard to believe since I haven't seen that lot.
Old 28th September 2016, 14:22   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's the problem here, drmohitg. Kun Exclusive has monopoly here. Just one dealer for 3 states AP, TS and TN. When I last enquired they said best they can do is 1 lakh discount with a comment saying BMW has more demand in Hyderabad, which is very hard to believe since I haven't seen that lot.
A bit off topic, why do I see a lot of Volvo cars in Hyderabad? I haven't seen that in other cities.

Coming back to KUN, you should look at other options. There are lot of great options at that price.
Old 28th September 2016, 14:58   #341
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd October 2016 at 11:16.
Old 28th September 2016, 15:04   #342
BHPian

On a related note, I found out today that 320i prestige is offered at 31 lacs exshowroom at Hyderabad, this too after I followed up twice !
Old 28th September 2016, 17:47   #343
BHPian

Quote:
On a related note, I found out today that 320i prestige is offered at 31 lacs exshowroom at Hyderabad, this too after I followed up twice !
Hello PGopkrsna, I don't know what the dealer in your city is telling you, but here in the NCR both 320i and 320d prestige editions are available with at least 8 lakhs discount. On road the 320i is coming to approximately 33 lakhs and the 320d is coming close to 34 lakhs. These prices are without any major negotiation.

How was your experience of test driving the various other options?
Old 28th September 2016, 18:00   #344
BHPian

Hi Strella, thank you for sharing the info on discounts. Yeah, am not liking the response or their keenness to engage. I test drove the Q3 I did not feel anything special about the car expect for that the interiors feel premium. I infact like the spacious and responsive 1.8 TFSI Octavia. Superb was extreme in comfort and length but not a suitable one for self driving. I haven't tried the c250d yet, somehow am not getting fascinated by its exterior. If all these don't work out I may opt for new Fortuner, that's again an option in the worst case scenario. Both Audi and BMW have single dealers in the city, so it is challenging to do a comparative bargain. I am still looking, I believe I have time till November. Also, is there anything else you think that I should test drive. I wanted to try X1 but as I said I need to literally call them at least twice or thrice to make that happen.
Old 28th September 2016, 18:53   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Also, is there anything else you think that I should test drive. I wanted to try X1 but as I said I need to literally call them at least twice or thrice to make that happen.
I think at this price point there are not too many options. In my opinion the X1 looks like a better package till the time you see it a bit more closely. The front seats are quite narrow and not too comfortable. The same is true for the rear seats. The leg space is adequate along with a nice sunroof, but the seat squab is not too great and overall comfort is at best average.

All the best with your car hunt. Do keep us updated.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th September 2016 at 19:15. Reason: fixing quote tag
Strella is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks