Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 17:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: My Black VW Vento TSI. Update: 1 year & 11000 kms report on Page 8

Congratulations. The Tsi looks fantastic in black. Matter of fact the Vento does look nice in darker shades!

I love your ICE, but I feel that the green backlighting on the buttons look kinda odd with the otherwise red + white lights. Doesn't matter because the reverse cam and the nav makes up for all of that.

Drive safe and happy mile munching.
Old 16th December 2013, 17:22   #17
BHPian

Hi Rajeev, Congratulations on your new buy! Your new head unit looks awesome. How is the functioning of the steering controls with the new head unit? Is the bluetooth functioning well? When I wanted to change it in my Vento TDI, I was told by the dealer that the bluetooth and steering controls will stop functioning!
Old 16th December 2013, 21:39   #18

Congrats Rajeev on your new set of wheels. Black looks stunning. As a fellow owner of the same model (Shadow Blue), I agree with all your points (positive/negative and dealership experience). I bought mine at VW Palace Cross as well. Was very adamant that the car delivery happens this year and before election budget.

Adding to the list of positives

- the responsiveness of the engine/gearbox in crammed traffic
- body build quality is very good; will hold up to minor knocks that you just cannot avoid on Bangalore roads (2 wheelers and auto noses)
- nice 3 position doors
- very sensitive and loud rear parking sensors (better to err on the safe side)
- FE depends on commute and driving style
- decent stock head unit and speakers (I get my music listening pleasure at home on a true stereo)

A few negatives
- audible thud of the rear suspension when you go over the rubber speed humps (found in apartments and office complexes)
- armrest does interfere with parking brake operation
- cheap hardboard covering the spare wheel

Wished these were there
- electrical folding OVRM
- start/stop button
- paddle shifters
raghu_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 22:19   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats Rajeev
In one of the pics I noticed the carpet as beige, you many want to get hold of a 3D mat to avoid soiling the carpet especially in the written
Thank you. The carpet is covered with the black mats provided by VW. But they are quite basic and are not fixed. Need to get something better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Congrats on the car and the ICE, my planning for better ICE hasn't come to pass in 3 years, you got yourself the best as soon as you got the car. Try and upgrade the tyres also, it should be a good investment as you do highway trips.
Thank you. My thought was, if I do not do it now, I'll never do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
Enjoy the ride, and I hope to read a long term review of the TSi (not yet on TBHP I guess) after a few months.
Thank you. Expecting to do a Kerala trip this month. Will update after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Rajeev, a very well written review and pretty much helpful in choosing the dealer in Bangalore! Is it Ok for you to quote the final OTR you paid for the car and details of the discounts/freebies if at all? Thanks.
Thank you. I'll PM you the exact OTR. There was absolutely no discounts or freebies. Understandable since the supply was low and the demand was high. They had no reason to give me any discount. VW Whitefield was willing to give a discount on the white color they had in stock after the mess up with my booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Congratulations. The Tsi looks fantastic in black. Matter of fact the Vento does look nice in darker shades!

I love your ICE, but I feel that the green backlighting on the buttons look kinda odd with the otherwise red + white lights.
Thank you. The backlighting can be changed. Have not got time to experiment with it. Thanks for pointing it out. It also has something called Vario color where it changes by itself (need to figure out what triggers the change).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama75 View Post
Hi Rajeev, Congratulations on your new buy! Your new head unit looks awesome. How is the functioning of the steering controls with the new head unit? Is the bluetooth functioning well? When I wanted to change it in my Vento TDI, I was told by the dealer that the bluetooth and steering controls will stop functioning!
The steering controls work without any issues (Including Bluetooth). Before I purchased, Blaupunkt dealer had said that there was a chance that the steering controls will not work as VW had upgraded the firmware on the recent cars and Blaupunkt needed to do an upgrade on their end. He promised it will be done and it will work. He also said that the steering controls will be an issue with any other brand of HU (Not sure how far it is true)

Turns out, it worked perfectly without any firmware upgrades.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 01:24   #20
BHPian

Congratulations rajeevraj for buying the new Vento TSi.
Hope you're enjoying each & every bit of it.

And Blaupunkt stock ICE unit for Polo/Vento/Rapid is functionally really great & 100% genuine thankfully.
BTW, from where do you procured it & for how much ?
Old 17th December 2013, 10:53   #21
BHPian

[quote=Rajeevraj;3321303]Thank you. The carpet is covered with the black mats provided by VW. But they are quite basic and are not fixed. Need to get something better.

There's a rubber mat available from VW itself, made specifically for vento, which can be fixed to the two buttons provided on the front floor (near the seat rests). It fits perfectly and has raised edges which prevents mud from spilling over. You can try it.
Can you connect a sub-woofer to the Blaupunkt directly without an added amplifier?
rama75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 13:11   #22
BHPian

Rajeev, congratulations. I think you made want to stop writing my review, brilliantly written. Congrats on, what seems to be the color of choice. Hoping to run into you in one of the next meets in BLR.
Old 17th December 2013, 13:20   #23
BHPian

Hi Rajeev,

Congratulations for the new car, and thanks for the well written ownership experience.

Because of you guys(who cancelled the Polo GT TSi), I got my Polo GT TSi in a month.

If you are looking for the "value for money" floor mats, please check Star 3D mats(http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...or_mats_88.htm.). I have got this for Rs 2,400.
These mats are easy to clean, fits pretty nicely, and also has couple of metal strips on the driver side mat(which matches the GT TSi sporty pedals).

Drive safe, and enjoy the car. Its an awesome product from VW.
Old 17th December 2013, 15:51   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_blr View Post

A few negatives
- audible thud of the rear suspension when you go over the rubber speed humps (found in apartments and office complexes)
- cheap hardboard covering the spare wheel

Wished these were there
- electrical folding OVRM
- start/stop button
- paddle shifters
Thanks Raghu. Agree with the points you mentioned. On the audible thud, I also experienced it. Recently came across this post from Moderator Vid6639 in the Ecosport thread which kind of explains it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3320114

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
And Blaupunkt stock ICE unit for Polo/Vento/Rapid is functionally really great & 100% genuine thankfully.
BTW, from where do you procured it & for how much ?
Thank you. I purchased it by contacting Blaupunkt India via the FB page, they directed to the distributer in Bangalore. The sticker price is ~50,000, I got it a little less inclusive of MMI Maps and Installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama75 View Post
There's a rubber mat available from VW itself, made specifically for vento, which can be fixed to the two buttons provided on the front floor (near the seat rests). It fits perfectly and has raised edges which prevents mud from spilling over. You can try it.
Can you connect a sub-woofer to the Blaupunkt directly without an added amplifier?
Thank you. I think a Sub can be connected as the manual talks about a sub out. Will recheck on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
Rajeev, congratulations
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Hi Rajeev,

Congratulations for the new car, and thanks for the well written ownership experience.
Thanks Rohan/Suresh. Appreciate your prompt responses to my questions during the booking and buying process. Thank you for that. Will check on the mats. Thanks for the details.
Old 17th December 2013, 16:35   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy! Its a great car & a super performer.
Also a very good write up.
Enjoy miles & miles of happy motoring.
Old 17th December 2013, 17:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on buying a Black Beauty.
Good to see your Head Unit upgraded.

Be ready for a next upgrade: You can fix Paddle shifters for this DSG.
You can see couple of guys in our forum who had done the same job on DSG Laura's.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 17th December 2013 at 17:41.
Old 17th December 2013, 21:32   #27
BHPian

Excellent Choice! Congrats.
The car looks too good in black. I'm trying to keep the all black shine!
Though its bit difficult to maintain the colour.

Any modifications planned?
Old 17th December 2013, 21:37   #28

Congratulations Rajeev on your new purchase, and welcome to the "Which company makes it?" club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
  • Vento? Which company makes it? (One person asked: Is it from Maruti? -This was surprising to me. Should go in the ‘Volkswagen-way forward’ thread)
On a serious note, I felt that not only this one line, most of the part where you described the buying experience could really go to that thread.

Well, little over a year back I did feel that VW Palace Cross was slightly better in terms of customer interaction, compared to Elite Motors on Hosur Road though, I did not check with VW Whitefield. It was a Vento TDI Highline in 2012, i.e. stock was not a major challenge in general. ‘Black Headlamp’ was just IN and the doubt over availability was only on this part, especially because even after telling me they have the stock of this (then)-new batch, they made mild suggestion if I could go for the usual white headlamps. Not that I am too nit-picky on these cosmetics, but just that I had that batch of vehicle in my mind.

I insisted on exact VIN of the car they claimed to be able to block for me. The next day they mailed me the VIN. This inspires confidence as they would have to base the promise of delivery on exact physical stock they have, or at least for the exact vehicles they have started the procurement process. Sure, I checked the VIN and then only went for a confirmed booking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_blr View Post
Yes, GTO too called it “ergonomic failure” in his original 2010 review. I have got used to it very easily though. Moreover, you would also find, the arm rest has got two positions (heights). Even with the hand brake fully engaged, the low position of the arm rest almost, not quite, touches the tip of the handbrake. In the other (higher) position of the Arm rest, it is way above the hand-brake tip in its engaged position. True, if you are having to use the handbrake quite frequently, you may feel “working around it”, initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I particularly liked the adjustable (for height) center armrest that the driver can rest his left arm on. Tremendous utility over long drives, you can set it up at just the right height. On the flip side, the armrest severely interferes with the handbrake's operation. An ergonomic failure without a doubt. The steering tilt & reach adjustment have superb range. Some cars don’t allow the steering to go as low as I prefer, the Vento did.
I stared liking it as I am mainly a “one-hand on steering” driver and often do not know what to do with the left hand. And I am talking about Manual gearbox, whereas the drivers of AT ones would be more worried thinking what to do with the left hand!
And in such case, I found the long, height-adjustable arm rest quite relaxing, especially on highways. Much better than those I see even in Honda City (arguably best in class for comfort stuff), because those felt like “elbow-tip” rest at best, while the wrist would have to be on the gear shift lever to really "rest" your "arm"! In other words, the AT drivers will like the arm rest faster than even I did!

Why such a good space taken just on the Arm rest? Because Vento drivers find it harder to find any other flaws!

Keep driving and writing (not at the same time :-)),

Thanks and Regards,
Seshadri75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 14:51   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
I think you made want to stop writing my review, brilliantly written.
Looking forward to your review. Its always good to read different perspectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Excellent Choice! Congrats.
The car looks too good in black. I'm trying to keep the all black shine!
Though its bit difficult to maintain the colour.

Any modifications planned?
Thanks. No mods planned as of now. Realizing the difficulty of maintaining black. Already purchased microfiber cloth and Jopusa Dusters and started following the car polishing threads closely. Never had to bother with all these in my SX4, firstly because it was pre-owned and secondly it was silver color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seshadri75 View Post

I insisted on exact VIN of the car they claimed to be able to block for me. The next day they mailed me the VIN. This inspires confidence as they would have to base the promise of delivery on exact physical stock they have

I stared liking it as I am mainly a “one-hand on steering” driver and often do not know what to do with the left hand. And I am talking about Manual gearbox, whereas the drivers of AT ones would be more worried thinking what to do with the left hand!
And in such case, I found the long, height-adjustable arm rest quite relaxing, especially on highways. Much better than those I see even in Honda City (arguably best in class for comfort stuff), because those felt like “elbow-tip” rest at best, while the wrist would have to be on the gear shift lever to really "rest" your "arm"! In other words, the AT drivers will like the arm rest faster than even I did!
Yes, even in my case the mailed me the VIN as soon as I asked for it. Till then I was a little concerned with the confusion around blocking the car. Providing the VIN was a confidence booster for me.

The arm rest is excellent. I had not given much thought to it as a feature. But now I am realizing the benefit of a good wide adjustable armrest. As you said, absolutely necessary for an AT car. It does interfere with the hand brake, but I am ok with that considering the comfort the arm rest provides.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 18th December 2013 at 14:52. Reason: Typo correction
Old 18th December 2013, 19:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hi Rajiv what a thread
Congratulations on your new ride
I think yours is the review on tsi.
The dsg gear box is awesome and your HU really rocks.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 18th December 2013 at 19:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks