Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2014, 22:03   #91
BHPian

Hi Rajeev, yes the contents are the same. I also have 3 more pages(change of ownership, change of address, how to make a claim).

Registration Acknowledgement is filled with my details, along with the dealer's stamp.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 17:03   #92
BANNED

re: My Black VW Vento TSI. Update: 1 year & 11000 kms report on Page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
If you keep the "+" paddle (up shift) pressed for 2 seconds the car goes back to D or S, whichever mode it was in previously. Other things are the same as in tiptronic mode.

Check the picture of my Polo Tsi, there is an off mentioned below the the "+" sign.
nice. I'm clear about the going into OFF mode. but bro how do you go into ON mode... ? Let's say you driving along in D mode. Now you feel you want to activate the Paddle Shifters... What do you do ?

cheers
Old 24th June 2014, 18:46   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
nice. I'm clear about the going into OFF mode. but bro how do you go into ON mode... ? Let's say you driving along in D mode. Now you feel you want to activate the Paddle Shifters... What do you do ?

cheers
Simple. There is no ON that you need to do. Whether in D or S, once you paddle shift up or down for the first time, you are into the manual mode.That's the beauty of paddle shift as compared to tiptronic where you explicitly need to get into and out of manual mode.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 19:32   #94
BHPian

Quote:

cheers
Hi Rana,
There is a very nice video which Demonstrates the "5 ways" of Shifting with the DSG.
1) Drive
2) Tiptronic with Paddle shifting
3) Tiptronic with Shifter
4) Sport Mode
5) Temporary Tiptronic in Drive or Sport Mode by pressing paddles (or shifter)

shetty_rohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 22:19   #95
BANNED

thanks guys, I feel the paddle shifters really complete this car. got to have them... :-)
Old 26th June 2014, 14:55   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Black VW Vento TSI: 3 month, 4000 km. Update on Pg 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

After the job card was done, I asked the Service Adviser on the Synthetic to Mineral Oil change and whether my VIN was in the list. His reponse: ‘Sir, that is only for GT Models’. I told him, ‘Yes this is a TSI and he had a surprised look’. Again repeated, it is only for GT models. Then I showed him the TSI badge and he seemed confused. Wonder if he was seeing a Vento TSI for the first time. He told me he will check.
Later he checked the list and said ‘Sir, I told you, it is only for GT models and not yours’. I left it at that.
Am a bit confused by this. Your Vento TSI DSG is mechanically identical to the GT. So why would a Synthetic --> Mineral oil change be recommended for the one and and not the other? It defies logic.

Since this has potentially serious ramifications for your gearbox, would advise you to please check again and speak to a more knowledgeable SA this time. Or better still call up VW CRM and ask them directly.
Old 26th June 2014, 15:15   #97
BHPian

Re: My Black VW Vento TSI: 3 month, 4000 km. Update on Pg 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Am a bit confused by this. Your Vento TSI DSG is mechanically identical to the GT. So why would a Synthetic --> Mineral oil change be recommended for the one and and not the other? It defies logic.

Since this has potentially serious ramifications for your gearbox, would advise you to please check again and speak to a more knowledgeable SA this time. Or better still call up VW CRM and ask them directly.
I have got my Polo TSi on 09-Nov-2013, and according to the dealer it had mineral oil(from factory). So most probably all cars sold after 09-Nov-2013 must be having mineral oil.

Since Vento TSi was launched after 09-Nov, I guess all Vento TSis too might be having the mineral oil.
Old 26th June 2014, 15:19   #98
Team-BHP Support

If I recollect, the TSi was released much after the service notice so the chances are it comes with mineral oil already
Old 26th June 2014, 15:31   #99
BANNED

hi ajmat,

can you tell us more about this "service notice" ? is it official one by vw india ? do you have a cpoy of it which we can see ? I ask this as my gt is coming in afew days and when I spoke to my sa and his manager they had no clue about this. this makes me a bit tensed.

thanks.
Old 26th June 2014, 16:02   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have got my Polo TSi on 09-Nov-2013, and according to the dealer it had mineral oil(from factory). So most probably all cars sold after 09-Nov-2013 must be having mineral oil.

Since Vento TSi was launched after 09-Nov, I guess all Vento TSis too might be having the mineral oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If I recollect, the TSi was released much after the service notice so the chances are it comes with mineral oil already
When I purchased the car, the SA said it already comes with mineral oil (he did not sound very sure about it. Since the Service Guy also said my car is not on the list, I assume it came with mineral oil already. My Vento TSI manufacture date was 30th October and I took delivery on 29th Nov. This was definitely after the news report where VW had said that it is doing this replacement. VW CRM has a parrot answer that if replacement is needed the dealer will contact.

Is there any way to reliably know what kind of oil is present?
Old 27th June 2014, 16:00   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi ajmat,

can you tell us more about this "service notice" ? is it official one by vw india ? do you have a cpoy of it which we can see ? I ask this as my gt is coming in afew days and when I spoke to my sa and his manager they had no clue about this. this makes me a bit tensed.

thanks.
All cars with the DQ200 started coming with mineral oil from early this year (when I checked).

Last edited by StarScream : 27th June 2014 at 16:01.
Old 28th June 2014, 00:55   #102
BANNED

could you expand on this a little more ? where and who did you check with and how is it a confirmed news ? I cant find any clarity on this. thanks.
Old 6th August 2014, 08:28   #103
BHPian

Rajeev
Good and comprehensive coverage on a day to day aspect of the drive.
Couple of questions for you.

1) Maintenance cost so far ?
2) Whats the service schedule ?
3) Any extended warranty OR AMC option that would cover the consumables and labour cost ?

Based on our location, we may choose to meet as well, PM me please. I stay near Kundanahalli and work in EGL [Domlur].

Prem.
Old 6th August 2014, 11:45   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Rajeev
Good and comprehensive coverage on a day to day aspect of the drive.
Couple of questions for you.

1) Maintenance cost so far ?
2) Whats the service schedule ?
3) Any extended warranty OR AMC option that would cover the consumables and labour cost ?

Based on our location, we may choose to meet as well, PM me please. I stay near Kundanahalli and work in EGL [Domlur].

Prem.
Hi Prem.
Thank you. Answers to your questions below

1. No cost incurred so far.
2. 1 year/15,000 KM. They have a 6 month/7500KM free check up which I did. No cost incurred for that.
3. The extended warranty document states that part and labour are covered with no cost to owner. Although it explicitly does not say anything about consumables, I assume this would cover consumables also.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 16:21   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
could you expand on this a little more ? where and who did you check with and how is it a confirmed news ? I cant find any clarity on this. thanks.
Sorry I only saw your post now, since you hadn't quoted my answer. I checked with VW directly through a contact, before I bought my Vento TSI in March.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks