Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2014, 00:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: My Black VW Vento TSI. Update: 1 year & 11000 kms report on Page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Link

Those are for Polo Mk 5, should be a direct fit into the Vento as well since they have the same headlamps.
The link given is for H7 bulbs which are actually incorrect. Both Polo & Vento have H4 bulbs.

Link.

But I have mostly seen Philips Xtreme Vision being rated better in comparison to Osram Night Breaker Plus. Even better would be upgrade to 100/90 bulbs with relay for good illumination & throw.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 00:10   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
The link given is for H7 bulbs which are actually incorrect. Both Polo & Vento have H4 bulbs.
Hey, are you sure of that? Because I had specifically selected the make & model as VW Polo (2011 onwards) from the drop down menus and selected 'rest of the world'. And the site returned H7 for the high/low beam bulbs.

Here - http://www.powerbulbs.com/vehicles/c...eadlight-bulbs

Is India getting a different version i.e. H4?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th January 2014 at 00:21.
Old 4th January 2014, 00:34   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Hey, are you sure of that? Because I had specifically selected the make & model as VW Polo (2011 onwards) from the drop down menus and selected 'rest of the world'. And the site returned H7 for the high/low beam bulbs.

Here - http://www.powerbulbs.com/vehicles/c...eadlight-bulbs

Is India getting a different version i.e. H4?
I'm 101% sure that both VW Polo and Vento come with H4 bulbs as I have myself replaced them with 100/90 on my Vento. International version uses two sets of H7 for high & low beam.

Bulbs type Polo:
High/Low Beam : H4
Fog lamp : H8
Parking : W5W

Bulbs type Vento:
High/Low Beam : H4
Fog lamp : 9006
Parking : W5W

For more info you could have a look on below thread of my Vento.

Link.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 03:22   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

It is indeed H4 60/55 for the Indian VW Polo stock headlamps.

As for comparison with the Philips Xtreme Vision. They are pretty closely matched, although Osram is a little cheaper.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/blog/2013/...-xtreme-vision

100/90 bulbs would definitely be better but it is not plug and play, rather you would need relay and wiring.
robimahanta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 14:08   #50
BHPian

Rajeev, the HU warning for video playback seems to be a standard on nearly all new AVN systems. I was checking a Pioneer HU in one of my friend's cars and it also gives the same warning when you try to play a video even with the engine turned on. The H/B as you rightly said needs to be engaged.
Old 11th January 2014, 17:10   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Rajeev, the HU warning for video playback seems to be a standard on nearly all new AVN systems. I was checking a Pioneer HU in one of my friend's cars and it also gives the same warning when you try to play a video even with the engine turned on. The H/B as you rightly said needs to be engaged.
Thanks. Only thing is that In the BP HU there is an option in the menu to switch off this option. Not sure if all HU's have such an option.
Old 12th January 2014, 01:28   #52
BHPian

hi rajeev
i was wondering if you could help me out with the details of the insurance company you have opted.
my SA here in chennai is suggesting rather a bit strongly for bajaj allianz. he says they have come out with a special package for the vento tsi or rather volkswagen; and the amount he's quoting is obscenly expensive.
i had gone thro' the various threads on the forum regarding this and was thinking of taking a policy with TATA AIG.
i am actually a bit confused as i really don't want to put off a SA who has been really decent so far. of course it's ultimately my money and i want to get the best coverage possible even if it means a little bit extra.
suggestions from others too welcome.
thanks.
Old 12th January 2014, 11:46   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
hi rajeev
i was wondering if you could help me out with the details of the insurance company you have opted.
my SA here in chennai is suggesting rather a bit strongly for bajaj allianz. he says they have come out with a special package for the vento tsi or rather volkswagen; and the amount he's quoting is obscenly expensive.
i had gone thro' the various threads on the forum regarding this and was thinking of taking a policy with TATA AIG.
i am actually a bit confused as i really don't want to put off a SA who has been really decent so far. of course it's ultimately my money and i want to get the best coverage possible even if it means a little bit extra.
suggestions from others too welcome.
thanks.
I went with the bajaj allianz 0 dep insurance from the dealer itself. I did check directly with bajaj allianz through their website and it was significantly cheaper ( same coverage). Could not check other options since many sites ( like policy bazaar) did not have the vento tsi in the database yet.

I got it from the dealer itself since it was the last car of 2013 and there was some confusion in the allotment due to multiple people being interested in it. Hence I wanted to ensure it got blocked in my name. Due to this initially I had not told I would get the insurance outside and then at the last minute did not want to get into that discussion. The fact that the SA did a very good job through out the booking and buying process was also a small factor in me not getting into the outside insurance discussion at the last minute.

Slightly OT:. Has the price been increased in 2014?
Old 12th January 2014, 22:04   #54
BHPian

Hi Rajeev
Thanks again .
Hmmm seems Bajaj Allianz does have something for the VW vehicles all over the country since your dealer in B'lore too suggested the same for you.
Yes definitely the dealership experience for me too has been very good so far and as long as I am getting some good service I really don't mind paying that little extra !
Also I currently do have Bajaj Allianz insurance for my i10 and I have not had any issues with them for any claims issues.
Anyways will update ; I am going to the dealership tomorrow to finalise things , All goes well and god willing , should have the vehicle in my hands same time next week 😀
Old 13th January 2014, 20:16   #55
BHPian

hi rajeev

got things clarified a bit today with the dealer. it seems the policy they are offering is called as " drive assure elite " it is not available online.

it is costing at least 15k more than the normal drive assure package from bajaj allianz or the platinum pack from TATA AIG.

when i asked them this ; their counter was that this package offers complete reimbursement equalling the OTR price for a new car or a new car itself with registration and taxes paid.
is this possible ?

as for your query on increase in price ; i was told it has not happened yet though the ex-showroom price here was quoted as 1017777 !
Old 14th January 2014, 10:21   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hi rajeev

got things clarified a bit today with the dealer. it seems the policy they are offering is called as " drive assure elite " it is not available online.

it is costing at least 15k more than the normal drive assure package from bajaj allianz or the platinum pack from TATA AIG.

when i asked them this ; their counter was that this package offers complete reimbursement equalling the OTR price for a new car or a new car itself with registration and taxes paid.
is this possible ?

as for your query on increase in price ; i was told it has not happened yet though the ex-showroom price here was quoted as 1017777 !
My package is the "Drive Assure-Economy". The Drive Assure part has
  • depreciation shield
  • engine protector
    • Defined as: In consideration of payment of additional premium, it is hereby agreed and declared that this Policy extends to cover the consequential damage to the internal child parts of the engine of the Insured Vehicle arising out of water ingression/ leakage of lubricating oil and/or damage to gear box of the Insured Vehicle arising out of leakage of lubricating oil due to Accidental means.
  • 24 X 7 Roadside Assistance.

This policy is available online also via their website. As you mentioned, I did not see a 'Drive Assure-Elite' in their website. You can check the quote for the Drive Assure-Economy on the website, I paid approx 20-25% more due to taking from the dealer. You can check what your delta numbers look like with the amount and package dealer has quoted.

On the price, looks like it has not been increased yet, ~10.17 was the Ex-showroom price here also when I purchased.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 14th January 2014 at 10:23. Reason: Additional content
Old 14th January 2014, 13:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
hi rajeev

is this possible ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
My package is the "Drive Assure-Economy". The Drive Assure part has
  • depreciation shield
  • engine protector
    • Defined as: In consideration of payment of additional premium, it is hereby agreed and declared that this Policy extends to cover the consequential damage to the internal child parts of the engine of the Insured Vehicle arising out of water ingression/ leakage of lubricating oil and/or damage to gear box of the Insured Vehicle arising out of leakage of lubricating oil due to Accidental means.
  • 24 X 7 Roadside Assistance.

This policy is available online also via their website. As you mentioned, I did not see a 'Drive Assure-Elite' in their website. You can check the quote for the Drive Assure-Economy on the website, I paid approx 20-25% more due to taking from the dealer. You can check what your delta numbers look like with the amount and package dealer has quoted.

On the price, looks like it has not been increased yet, ~10.17 was the Ex-showroom price here also when I purchased.
I was told the ex showroom of vento TSI was 9.99 L when i took my GT TSI from VW mount road chennai in november. I think the price has indeed increased( Also add to that the 15% road tax instead of 10% for vehicles >10 L). i have attached the package details of drive assure economy and elite i got from dealer. The elite package indeed has full recovery of OTR price including taxes in case of total loss of insured vehicle. Though i only went with the economy package.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Drive Assure Economy.pdf (200.1 KB, 1226 views)
File Type: pdf Drive Assure Elite Wordings.pdf (55.8 KB, 4473 views)
Old 14th January 2014, 15:20   #58
BHPian

thanks drpudhi !!

yes the vehicle replacement clause/facility is the extra option.
am in a dilemma as to whether to take the option or not since as good as it looks/sounds; it is something which one never hopes to use.

i am not sure when they hiked the prices since i got my quote sometime in mid-december when i made my booking.
Old 14th January 2014, 15:50   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
I was told the ex showroom of vento TSI was 9.99 L when i took my GT TSI from VW mount road chennai in november. I think the price has indeed increased( Also add to that the 15% road tax instead of 10% for vehicles >10 L). i have attached the package details of drive assure economy and elite i got from dealer. The elite package indeed has full recovery of OTR price including taxes in case of total loss of insured vehicle. Though i only went with the economy package.
Quote:
thanks drpudhi !!

yes the vehicle replacement clause/facility is the extra option.
am in a dilemma as to whether to take the option or not since as good as it looks/sounds; it is something which one never hopes to use.

i am not sure when they hiked the prices since i got my quote sometime in mid-december when i made my booking.
The 9.99L is Ex showroom Delhi. If I am not mistaken, the Ex-showroom in places like Bangalore and Chennai is always a little higher than the Delhi price.
Old 14th January 2014, 16:39   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

The 9.99L is Ex showroom Delhi. If I am not mistaken, the Ex-showroom in places like Bangalore and Chennai is always a little higher than the Delhi price.

Yes I was also aware of this. But the SA particularly told that the ex showroom is 9.99 to save tax for customers and asked me to shift to Vento. But not 100% sure as I didn't go for the vento.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks