Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 22:37   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tallboy welcomes longer companion: Maruti Ertiga VDi - 196,000 Kms up & a lot of DIYs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
By the way, awesome driving there, parag! Especially your return with parents. This speaks a lot about the vehicle too.
True that. This was the maiden continuous drive for 1700 where my parents (specially mother) accompanied us. Else my dad has been a co-passenger with me most of such drives anyway.

They both felt at ease and mostly relaxing on the second row after reclining the back.

My primary aim during such marathon runs is that the car (and its passengers) should suffer least jolts - Quick lane changes, Sudden Braking or acceleration, Passing over undulations and rough surfaces at controlled pace etc. This ensures that the passengers feel at home and I quite end up driving this way all throughout.

Quote:
And yes, 100-110 band helps to extract very good FE and as mentioned by you, it will keep us fresh for a longer duration as well.
Zero doubts about that. This range helps one ascertain and take actions with ease rather than hurry up or brake abruptly. One of the best speeds to cruise safely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Have you heard of a word called "sleep"?
I have but never together with the word "Drive" .

Quote:
Seriously, how do you do it? Don't you feel sleepy at all? I can stay awake for 22 hours and all but there are times like afternoon post lunch and maybe 2-3 am where you need to fight the sleep. Once that phase is gone then you don't feel sleepy. But those 2 slots it's very difficult.
The day I know I am not even moving my eyeballs or flashing eyelids while driving - I will pull over and wrap myself in a blanket and sleep!

Honestly, if you ask me, throughout the night, I don't even Yawn once. This is not just about driving long hours, it has a lot of other elements attached too.
  • Usually there is a always a good sleep the previous night or day whenever I drive through the night

• Contrary to the popular belief, I prefer eating as much as I am hungry whenever I am at the wheels. I hate driving empty stomach as that makes me feel irritated at times even while waiting at the toll booth

• More than 3 times through the night, I simply stop by after the toll booth to clean the windscreen spotless clean, wipe the ORVMs, Wipe the front window glasses, Headlamps and Tail lamps - There is no laziness whatsoever when I am on such drives. Plus, this always becomes a much needed quick break to stretch hands and legs while I do the wiping!

• Drink Water, Water and a lot of Water. Dry fruits around mint as well

• I never roll down and drive. However, I roll up the window after driving a km post a toll booth - Fresh air on frequent basis that way

• Music is not a compulsion - Many times, I drive with just the engine humming in the background

• I always drive on low beams and use high beams to assess certain sections or pass others ahead

• I pass each vehicle at night after at least one flash - To say that I am always active at every given second during the drive, looking at all the mirrors every other second.

• I am the last person to actually pull over for a Tea. That has never helped and will never help me. If I am sleepy, I need sleep and not Tea/Coffee/Redbull (One reason why you would have never seen me endorsing Redbull whenever I have talked about night driving)

• Last but not the least, I just love driving and driving right every time than casually holding the steering and stick to the median. Each drive for me is a learning and leaves a room for improvising smallest of aspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Exactly my thoughts. No offences meant, but the risk you are taking by taking a 27 hour non stop solo ride is high.
No offence taken arjithin. This was a simple & an expected question/concern anyway.

The biggest risk one takes today is driving on our Roads. But trust me on this. I have never pushed myself to reach a destination till date. Regarding sleep, I have already responded above.

I would also like to add that driving all night after driving all day is easier compared to driving all day after driving all night. This is because the sunlight right on your face is not a good feeling. Sunglasses just before Dawn always helped me.

Last edited by paragsachania : 20th January 2016 at 22:42.
paragsachania is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 11:02   #332
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Tallboy welcomes longer companion: Maruti Ertiga VDi - 196,000 Kms up & a lot of DIYs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
A significant pointer during this drive was the fact that both Bangalore-Rajkot and Rajkot-Bangalore, a distance of around 1720 kms Door to Door was done non-stop and Solo.

The Onward journey was accomplished with 22.5 Hours of continuous driving with those food, Bio and refueling breaks

I swear, in your previous life, you must've been driving one of these

Congrats on crossing 80k! With your kind of driving, a reliable / durable car is a must. Am sure the next-gen Innova will be here by the time your Ertiga touches 200,000 kms.
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 11:07   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True that. This was the maiden continuous drive for 1700 where my parents (specially mother) accompanied us

You are truly a distinguished Bhpian just by the miles you cover in such a short span, keep going with smiles.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 22:08   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I swear, in your previous life, you must've been driving one of these
May be yes but in my current life I always end up catching up with these monsters whenever I am driving back non-stop from Rajkot/Ahmedabad.

Did not miss it during the last drive too . This was between Bharuch and Surat on my return drive.

The SRS and VRL currently have one of the longest Point to Point Service (As long as Jodhpur - Bangalore) and mostly I meet them, greet them with a honk and pass them.

Following them for a while gives an easy hint that they maintain a steady 110kmph most of the sections. While a majority of these drive sane, few of them appear way too rash during their lane changing and overtaking maneuvers.

Quote:
Congrats on crossing 80k! With your kind of driving, a reliable / durable car is a must. Am sure the next-gen Innova will be here by the time your Ertiga touches 200,000 kms.
Thanks GTO. Odo has now crossed 82K and I guess it will keep ticking ahead.

And you are so right on the reliability aspect. To be honest, even when the WagonR was at 1,63,000 kms before my GQ Drive, I didn't even have any apprehension regarding its ability to take us round the country on the GQ and it was during this drive that I saw this little hatch do 1750 kms non stop in 31.5 hours during its 3rd day into the Journey. Even today, at 227,000 kms, I am more than confident that It can take up similar journey without much ado.

The recent drive to Rajkot was planned all of a sudden and I knew I will cross the 80K mark (and hence the periodic service) during my onward Journey itself. But then, I didn't have to bother about anything else as I performed the basic check with the fluids and started my journey.

So yes, I really will settle for something as reliable whenever I add another car in the Garage. Not to forget the fact that I will definitely settle for something that offers me similar seating position due to my height .

Here are a few more Videos from the drive, especially from the section where I faced dense fog:

We were greeted with this one as soon as we entered KA from MH

Notice in the above video on why my RHS Headlight beam needs an alignment. In 2014 when I drove to Rajkot, one of my relative fiddled with the beam in the name of aligning it and told me that he has set it to a little left. But this set-up ain't good when driving in fog as you notice.

And it was still foggy even at 7am while we passed this crucial 30 kms stretch which is a single carriagway:

Watch them in HD for better clarity.

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd January 2016 at 22:17.
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 10:51   #335
BHPian

Hi Parag,
Great stuff as always. I'm interested in your daily caffeine intake pattern. 27 hours is impressive performance. I fully agree with not using pickups like coffee, tea, redbull instead of sleep. Infact I would not use any stimulant while practicing for any endurance type event. Food and sleep are the best option. And water.
drsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 19:41   #336
Senior - BHPian

Ever want to participate and try earning a record in the Guinness for those marathon runs?
Those are some crazy figures.

81 k in a little over 2 years is a lot of mileage, the Ertiga will go on for much longer and much more.

Looks like you're one of very few private owners who uses their car for a couple of lakh kms during it's lifetime.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 23:40   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
I'm interested in your daily caffeine intake pattern.
Very Very inconsistent at this Doc. I am too moody when it comes to caffeine intake. At home was well, its not a mandate that I need coffee or Tea when I wake up. I can live with a glass of milk too.

However, I am a coffee fan. So between Coffee & Tea, I would prefer Coffee over Tea since I have a close relation to the Coffee land as I am born and brought up here and have got so much used to the aroma of coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Ever want to participate and try earning a record in the Guinness for those marathon runs?
Oh no, Never if you ask me. When I posted this status on FB for my onward journey that was 23.5 Hours and 1700+ kms, someone said it was almost like a record. To be honest, I just drive very carefully when it comes to such distances only for the associated risks. Most of my drives that are beyond 1500 kms are mainly with 100-110 kmph cruising speeds only and never beyond that.

Those Dashcam Videos are proof to that along with the FE that I get. Not to forget the fact that no matter what speeds you do, you will meet the same car that overtook you at the next toll booth . Hence, 100-110 is a beautiful cruising speed with a win-win situation for all!
Those are some crazy figures.

Quote:
81 k in a little over 2 years is a lot of mileage, the Ertiga will go on for much longer and much more.
It just happened without any target or planning and this 81K consists of not just my daily office runs but a lot of highway runs too. So that means a lot to me whenever I want to talk about the endurance and reliability aspects of any car for that matter.

Quote:
Looks like you're one of very few private owners who uses their car for a couple of lakh kms during it's lifetime.
Right said. I always tell this to many of my friends of colleagues that I don't but a car to park in the garage or sell it after few years of ownership. I have a car to drive it and I quite do that!
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 14:26   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

820000 Kms Periodic Service Update

Periodic Service update at 82,000 Kms:
Post clocking 80,000 Kms that happened in the midst of my recent 3500 kms drive to Rajkot and back, it was time to visit for a periodic Service.

At 80,000 kms, it not only meant that all the fluids were replaced and filters too, but I also had to ensure that the suspension was checked along with the supporting elements like bushes etc.

I will let the pictures do the talking in terms of what was done during the recent service. Before that, here is a summary of the tasks executed during the service:
  1. Engine Oil & Oil filter – Replace
  2. Transmission/Gear Oil – Replace
  3. Air Filter - Replace
  4. Cabin Air Filter - Replace
  5. Coolant – Replace
  6. Brake Fluid – Replace
  7. Brake Pads – Inspect & Replace if necessary
  8. Brake Shoes - Inspect & Replace if necessary
  9. Disc Rotors & Rear Drums - Inspect
  10. EGR – Inspect & Clean
  11. Caliper Pins – Brass welding & refit for a Temporary fix

Brakes:
The Brake pads were inspected first and at this stage the stock pads had around 5-7k kms life left. I have mostly been pro-active with this even in my WagonR and replace them before it actually starts damaging the rotors. The Pads were replaced during this service. Happy to note that they lasted a good 82,000 kms and still had life left to stretch till 90,000 kms. Even in my WagonR, had replaced them at 77,000 kms. It only means one thing as I always say – I learn to drive better every time!

The Disc Rotors at 82,000 kms were holding up well without any marks or rough surfaces. The rear shoes and drums too were in good condition that they were only cleaned.

How the brake pads looked at 82,000 kms
Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-01-brake-pads.jpg
The Disc Rotors
Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-02-disc-rotors.jpg
Rear Brake Shoes
Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-03-rear-drum.jpg
Brand new Pads vs OE at 82,000 kms
Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-11-brake-pads-old-vs-new.jpg

Caliper Pins:
I had mentioned in my previous updates that the caliper pin noise has been very common in my Ertiga (as well in the WagonR anyway). Bhpian H14 has suggested brass welding them for a temporary fix while the ASC also suggested I try that option. Over the few years there have been many jugaads around fixing this and this (Brass Welding) was one of them. I took the plunge and got this done during the service and the pins were fixed back into the caliper and so far so good I must say. The noise is arrested and I am hopeful that it remains that way at least for the next 10,000 kms. I will replace the Calipers later.

The process involves welding brass on top of the caliper pins to make them thicker by a narrow degree and then via lathe bring it back to the original shape like how a new caliper is (Edges/Taper etc). This is done because the caliper where the pins go would have developed enlargement in the holes and the gap makes these pins hit against the caliper creating a thud noise every time you pass over rough patches.

Here are few pictures of the caliper pins after they arrived from the Machine shop post Brass welding. Notice the traces of welded brass which is so visible. Hoping that this survives for the next few months or 10,000 kms at least:

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-12-caliper-pin-1.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-14-caliper-pin-4.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-15-caliper-pin-5.jpg

EGR Valve Cleaning:
The owner’s manual suggests this every 30,000 kms while there have been various counter theories all around on not to get this done if you are a regular highway driver, the Italian Tune up blah blah blah. Well, It was time for me to get more curious and check the condition of the EGR at 82,000 kms as I had never cleaned this ever before and neither did I face any performance or FE Issues before.

The removal of EGR itself is a very tedious process, especially in the Ertiga which has a cramped engine bay. After almost 30 minutes effort the EGR was removed and the valve opened. The following pictures are self-explanatory on how clogged the EGR was and how it looked after cleaning was done:

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-04-egr.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-05-egr-blocked-1.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-06-egr-blocked-2-.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-07-egr-blocked-3.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-07-egr-blocked-4.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-07-egr-blocked-5.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-08-egr-cleaned-01.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-09-egr-cleaned-02.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-10-egr-cleaned-03.jpg

Advise to other Ertiga owners (and extended DDiS counterparts too):

Looking at my usage of daily driving in Bangalore for 70 kms and regular highway driving with fuel filled from multiple fuel stations, the condition of the EGR itself speaks a lot. I would advise you all to get the EGR cleaned every 30-40k kms.

MAF sensor cleaning (DIY):
This was a DIY that was accomplished at home the next day after the service was done and since I had already posted a detailed step-by-step post earlier, I have only 2 pictures to talk about this task:

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-16-maf-1.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-17-maf-2.jpg

Dashcam Charger Repair (DIY):
The Daschcam charger that I use for my 18 month old Transcend DrivePro 200 is the one from an earlier DVR (dates back to 2013) which I had in the WagonR. Since the charger specs were same and I had already concealed the wires in the Ertiga while I was using this old Dashcam, It was a wasted effort to remove that and install the one supplied with Transcend. So this charger worked flawlessly for years and continuous usage too until It gave up one day as I noted that the Dashcam wasn’t turning on. I isolated the 12V socket or the camera by using a different device & charger respectively. So the culprit was indeed the Charger.

Now the good thing about this charger was that it had a miniature fuse as I opened it and the first thing to check was this using a multimeter. It confirmed the fault and I had few of these fuses handy (from the CRT TV days) and simply plonked one into this and fixed it.

Here are a few pictures related to replacing the fuse for the charger and make it working again:

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-20-cam-charger-3.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-18-cam-charger-1.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-19-cam-charger-2.jpg

So the Ertiga is back to business and keeps chugging happily!

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th January 2016 at 14:27.
paragsachania is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 22:31   #339
Senior - BHPian

Do you see any change in the way Turbo acts/feels after the EGR valve cleaning?

How much was the 80k service cost?

OT: recently I changed my front brake pads at 35k km as a proactive measure. Costed around Rs 3300 for a set of 4.

Last edited by arjithin : 28th January 2016 at 22:34.
Old 29th January 2016, 08:42   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Do you see any change in the way Turbo acts/feels after the EGR valve cleaning?

How much was the 80k service cost?

OT: recently I changed my front brake pads at 35k km as a proactive measure. Costed around Rs 3300 for a set of 4.
Cost me a little over 14000 INR. This includes brake pads that cost 2828/- plus taxes. In fact, the sticker price was over 3000 on the box but the SA told me that the price has reduced now.

Other things included Synthetic oil (MGDO). that itself was around 3200 (at 1008 Per liter). The paid service was 1450 while there was a "Paid Service Kit" which included essential filters like Fuel, Air, Cabin, Oil filters. This was some 1700 If I recall (will post exact numbers later when I see the bill again). Then there was GB Oil, Coolant and Brake fluids too.

EGR valve cleaning was charged at 1000 INR and I felt that was reasonable considering how laborious it is. Front and Rear brakes cleaned at around 500 INR.

Then there were petty elements like EGR Hose and clip, gasket for the EGR Valve which I decided to replace. All this didn't cost me anything more than 300 bucks. The Caliper pin brass welding was 480 bucks which was done outside and I paid in cash.

On EGR cleaning, I have found little or no difference after driving for 300 kms after Service. The smoothness is mainly due to oil change while the Turbo kick remains as it was.

However, I noticed a very minor improvement with the FE (say by 1 to 1.2 kmpl) under similar conditions that I drive everyday.

Last 2 days during return from work, I have faced super long snarls with just 1 and 2nd Gear run for almost 6 kms in total (at 3 stretches) and the MID displays 16.2 kmpl which I was expecting to display below or around 15 kmpl. I will wait and watch this for few more days before I comment. Weekend will see some highway drive for at least 600 kms and I will know if EGR cleaning has made any difference at all.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 11:52   #341
BHPian

Hi Parag, the brake pads lasting for 80k odd kms is truly astonishing. Your driving skills must me really appreciated here. In comparison, my Punto 1.3 MJD 's brake pads lasts around 20k to 30k.
How long do you intend to keep your Ertiga? I wish you clock atleast 3 lac kms

Last edited by CarMaster : 29th January 2016 at 12:05.
CarMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:03   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Hi Parag, the brake pads lasting for 80k odd kms is truly astonishing. Your driving skills must me really appreciated here.
Even at 40K, the ASC folks were not ready to believe that they were stock. One reason why I have taken pics of these pads during every service.

In terms of driving, like I said I have only improved and will continue to do so. We learn out of every drive. Now that the OE pads have lasted 82000 kms,that is a benchmark for myself to make sure the new ones (assuming they are of the same quality as OE - both were TVS Girling), last the same.

Quote:
In comparison, my Punto 1.3 MJD 's brake pads lasts aroung 20k to 30k.
Well, when I asked the folks at the ASC on what is the average life they have seen with the Ertiga (Diesels), they said it was between 25-35K only.

Quote:
How long do you intend to keep your Ertiga? I wish you clock atleast 3 lac kms
As for now, this one has kept me happy all the way. There is space and there is practicality, the former was missing in the WagonR. Apart from that, the ride on highway is nothing that I will complain about even at full load and well sorted dynamics for an MPV along with excellent cruising speeds and FE. So I would like to say that it will really be a major reason before I change the Ertiga to something else .
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:11   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In terms of driving, like I said I have only improved and will continue to do so.
Parag you should probably help us to improve our driving skills as well, at-least few pointers would be really helpful.
fusionbang is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:50   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Parag you should probably help us to improve our driving skills as well, at-least few pointers would be really helpful.
I assume you weren’t serious but if you were then I owe you an answer and here are a few things that I normally practice:
  • Today, On a highway with toll booths almost every 75 kms, its later but finally you will realize that speeds do not help to reach your destination – Well planned start, maintaining cruising speeds that helps avoid last minute braking or acceleration makes you win against redliners and still meet them & perhaps greet them with a smile when you spot them in the next lane at the subsequent toll booth

• if you think I am blaming the toll booths , then on a 2 lane undivided road without booths you are giggling away to glory for having overtaken that fast car while those tailgating you couldn’t, they sure will be right behind you when you encounter such slow moving convoy ahead that you are now unable to overtake due to oncoming traffic – Law of Average speeds again!

• To slow down, my dependency on brakes is only 50%. Engine Braking efficiently (without being too harsh on the RPM needle) always helps remain in control

• Way ahead around 500 meters you spot someone about to attempt overtaking another vehicle. You have 2 choices – (1)Push that throttle in anticipation that you can manage to squeeze between them (and still be ready to hit the Brake pedal anytime along with multiple flashing and honking) or (2) Gradually release that throttle, devote that time while the car decelerates to move around the fingers on that right leg for some stretching exercise and then when our buddy ahead finishes overtaking, all you do is tap the throttle again remaining in the same gear and surge ahead – You are a good boy as you didn’t brake hard at the last minute – Your family will open that Diary and add more points for this to call you a Good Driver. Your brake pads will thank you for being kind on them, your Engine will be happier that you load it again after slowing down to gain that speed from 20kmph to 100kmph!

• There’s a toll booth sign – Go easy on the throttle, get ready with the right amount or currency, pass that speedbreaker near the booth with minimal braking, collect the receipt and move on. In contrast to this, imagine braking exactly at that speedbreaker, then wondering what was the toll amount you read on that board, frantically searching for the right currency and coins and then transacting at the booth. Makes a lot of difference.

• At nights, your headlights are life savers along with mild honking while you overtake. Proactively flashing from way beyond than right there again makes a lot of difference. The fella ahead will be able to judge your approaching speeds that way. Not to forget that a short honk just before overtaking again gives a hint to that truck/Bus that I am not driving a Tata ACE at 73.2 KMPH while the Bus/Truck is at 71KMPH. Car horns certainly sound different than a Tata Ace or a Volvo and cars definitely approach faster than any of these (at least during most occasions) – This example is again to say proactive planning with certain actions help you drive without braking all the way.

• Stick to the left, as much as you can and always – There is a lot of room for you to escape a messy situation that you can’t do when you are driving right next to the Median – Pedestrian popping out of that bush in the Median, a Cattle just jumping out, A wannabe Rally driver popping the bonnet out to make a U-Turn. So many examples – Your Brake pads will thank you here too.

• Be Soft on the Brake Pedal, they do react positively and don’t really ask you to slam them – To be able to do that, follow the above points and you know you will never get a chance to slam them. So its not just the toll booth, its also a Typical Highway Hotel & a Fuel station where you slow down before hand

• In the city, always expect a BMTC or an Autorickshaw or a cabbie to stop anytime

• At a traffic light, always be under an impression that someone from another side will jump ahead of you while there are 3 seconds left and the light is still green. Instead of speeding up to pass a signal in a hurry, just go easy on the throttle and watch out. If you know you can't make it, simply slow down gradually and stop in time. You won't be rear ended and you can still be the first one to move when the light turns green again and catch up with the same car at the next traffic light. 17 Traffic lights one way (34 in all) that I pass on my way to work. So I have learnt few things here as well .

In the past 3L kms of driving, there hasn’t been a single incident on road that has made my family think we should reduce traveling by road. That is perhaps the most crucial aspect that compels me to keep driving that way and remain in their good books. From 4 Adults to an Infant turned 6, I have given them zero chance to pass brickbats at me for any untoward incident on road, and this isn’t just about the Ertiga since my majority of drives before Ertiga was in the WagonR.

In the end, I will still tell that I keep learning after every drive even today. The recent one being the fact that you can surprise calculator experts and burst that myth about average speeds and how you can sustain it on Indian highways....Without driving really "FAST".

Last edited by paragsachania : 29th January 2016 at 13:06.
paragsachania is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:58   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I assume you weren’t serious but if you were then I owe you an answer and here are a few things that I normally practice:
Amazing Parag, thank you very much and this really helps a lot in terms of improving our driving skills and how to take care of your car which in turn gives you the best it can And yes I agree to few of the pointers which I am already following and practically experienced. Will follow the rest Parag. And yes I was serious about this question
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed