Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2021, 16:34   #646
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | The 215,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This is so true, especially for Mumbai Baroda sector. This is a highway that is busy in terms of both freight as well as private traffic. This is also a highway that takes one through continuous industrial and urban clusters for nearly 400 km. This is also a highway that is over utilized since a decade now and about time the Mumbai Delhi Expressway becomes a faster alternate that will ease the load on NH48.
Well summed up Paragbhai, your threads have always been an inspiration. Ever since the SCross came to our family we have never used any other mode of transport (train or air) to travel and thankfully my better half has become a huge fan of roadtrips. Travel to our hometown has always been by road and will be the same till situation permits.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 07:11   #647
BHPian

Default Re: Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | The 215,000 km update

Excellent update as always Parag Bhai. I am also at that stage when I have to update my tires from the current 195/60/15 Michelin 3ST that have given me trouble free and puncture free ride for 80k kms. Have been using Michelin for over 13yrs across cars so was finding it a bit difficult to know which to choose as they are no longer available for passenger cars.

Confused between Yoko Earth1s and Conti and as ever your thread has provided a good update on the UC6 so might consider looking for them soon.

Wish you steed many more happy miles and look forward to an update on the UC6
Old 27th May 2022, 21:50   #648
Distinguished - BHPian

Parag, one question:

I think I can safely assume that you drive with a/c on -> windows closed. You have the visors on the doors. Do these still help ? How ?
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:50   #649
BHPian

@Parag
I am currently debating 2022 Ertiga VXI vs ZXI. Besides alloys and Android-device, the LXI misses put on rear-washer-wiper.

Considering your over 200K kms of driving in the Ertiga, did you feel the absence of rear-washer-wiper in the vehicle. Is that a deal-breaker if you were to consider a car today considering what you might have experienced in your long drives.
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:56   #650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Besides alloys and Android-device, the LXI misses put on rear-washer-wiper.
While Parag can answer on the questions, let me chip in about the rear wiper. Unless it is a sedan, I would want a rear wiper on my cars - whether a SUV or a hatchback. Very useful to see traffic better during rains.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 12:11   #651
BHPian

Quote:
@Parag
I am currently debating 2022 Ertiga VXI vs ZXI. Besides alloys and Android-device, the LXI misses put on rear-washer-wiper.

Considering your over 200K kms of driving in the Ertiga, did you feel the absence of rear-washer-wiper in the vehicle. Is that a deal-breaker if you were to consider a car today considering what you might have experienced in your long drives.
While you are awaiting reply from Parag, here are my two cents.

I was in the same boat after new gen 2022 Ertiga launch. I had pre-booked VXI CNG, but later upgraded the booking to ZXI CNG which was newly added variant after launch.

For me personally, Rear washer wiper is really a boon in monsoon highway drives for clear rear visibility. But this feature can be added after market as well. BTW you are also missing push start button, Keyless entry (request sensor) which is not available in VXI variant.

But on the cost part, it is still debatable whether all these added features over VXI really justifies the cost difference between both the variants.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:47   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
I was in the same boat after new gen 2022 Ertiga launch. I had pre-booked VXI CNG, but later upgraded the booking to ZXI CNG which was newly added variant after launch.
I think since the ex-showroom price of VXI petrol is still under 10 lakhs and zxi is more than 10 lakhs, it adds to the additional life time tax, etc making the difference 1.7lakhs (on-road).

As an aside, do you drive a lot? What made you opt for the CNG?
Old 15th September 2022, 07:07   #653
BHPian

Parag, your last post in this thread was in November 2021. Hope all is well with you and your Ertiga.
Please do update this thread. What's the ODO reading now?
Old 17th October 2022, 16:21   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Parag, your last post in this thread was in November 2021. Hope all is well with you and your Ertiga.
Please do update this thread. What's the ODO reading now?
All is well srvm. 2022 has been nothing else but hectic.

The odometer reading is little above 2.3L as of last weekend when we returned back from Dandeli. Also, due to the new addition in my garage (that replaced the WagonR), I am mostly taking out the new one to quickly complete 5000 Km.

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | The 215,000 km update-20221011_113237.jpg

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | The 215,000 km update-20221005_115728.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 16:22   #655
BHPian

Quote:
@Parag

Hi,

I know the question was addressed to the guru.. but just giving my 2 cents as i have an Ertiga (2012 model Petrol)..

I have personally never found the need for the rear wiper.. due to the fact that my driving style is mainly looking at the side mirrors n not sooo much reliance on the rear mirror/glass.. also my Highway usage isn't extensive

Factors you can consider before making this decision is:
- City vs Highway driving
- Driving style (reliance on rear view vs side mirrors)
- Price difference n value

Etc etc

Thanks

Vikram

Last edited by vikramv4u : 23rd October 2022 at 16:23. Reason: Typo
vikramv4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 13:37   #656
BHPian

Parag, it is always good to read your updates. My Ertiga VDI is almost as old as yours but has run much less, around 75K.
Recently gear shifting has become slightly harder and noticeable during all gear changes. Service Advisor at Kalyani Motors Nayandahalli is saying it is due to synchronizer ring issue. I am not convinced because if its synchronizer ring problem, I think gear shift is not even possible directly between gears. In my case I feel it is just harder than normal. Also I had changed synchronizer rings at 59K.
Old 25th October 2022, 14:25   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
did you feel the absence of rear-washer-wiper in the vehicle.
In a hatch or crossover a rear wash-wipe is a safety feature. Not always are you going to have a clean side mirrors when it rains. The IRVM and rear wiper makes sure you atleast have your direct rear visibility is unaffected.

Most Viewed