Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2015, 18:07   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 50,000 kms done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
If i were you, would move to Mobil Delvac 1 for synthetic oil. Shell Helix Ultra is NOT the right oil for diesel crde engines. The amount of detergent it has is much lesser in comparison to what diesel engines need.
Thanks Jaggu. I always had Mobil Delvac on mind. Have been seeing this with a lot of FIAT car owners around me as well and they rave about it.

In fact I did see Surakshaa stocking Mobil few months before but now they don't. Moreover, Shell what they put is also MGDO that was doing duty since 0 to 30,000 kms (changed twice).

I will certainly try Mobil Delvac during the 60K change.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 10:13   #242
Senior - BHPian

re: Tallboy welcomes longer companion: Maruti Ertiga VDi - 196,000 Kms up & a lot of DIYs!

50K in 1.5 yrs,hats OFF. For your kind of running i would strongly suggest Delvac1.Been using in my swift vdi for the last 30k and am more than satisfied with the outcome.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 12:32   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
50K in 1.5 yrs,hats OFF. For your kind of running i would strongly suggest Delvac1.Been using in my swift vdi for the last 30k and am more than satisfied with the outcome.
Warranty issues. Wanted to ensure I feed the Ertiga what Maruti gives at their ASCs and labelled as Maruti Genuine Diesel Engine Oil.

If at all the ASC has Mobil(sometimes they did), I may have simply opted for Mobil Delvac.

While within warranty the last thing I wanted in the Remarks section of their DMS system against my Ertiga was "Customer Brought oil".

It already has a regular remark about Wheel alignment and Balancing not done (as I get it done outside) which is still worth the risk.

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th May 2015 at 12:34.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 16:09   #244
BHPian

re: Tallboy welcomes longer companion: Maruti Ertiga VDi - 196,000 Kms up & a lot of DIYs!

Hey Parag

I have also come across Maruti ASS having Castrol Edge in stock. I have taken that in my previous service. In fact I have been on Edge since 10 K service.

Great thread and keep up the good work. You have kept your vehicle in pristine condition. I liked your recent rear bumper LED lights. Good DIY job.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 00:38   #245
Team-BHP Support

Met Paragbhai at Navsari sometime back during his drive from Bangalore to Gandhinagar. Paused for 10 minutes, said hi and he left.

Tallboy welcomes longer companion | Maruti Ertiga VDi | 241,500 km-img_9957.jpg

A ~1500 km drive with no halts in between. Crazy endurance I say!
Gannu_1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 00:48   #246
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Met Paragbhai at Navsari sometime back during his drive from Bangalore to Gandhinagar. Paused for 10 minutes, said hi and he left.

That speaks about two endurances here:
  1. The Ertiga that performs beautifully even after 1500 kms and keeping Parag fresh as he started from home;

2. Parag's talent in the first place to go places by road rather than any other mode of transport. "Live To Drive" - A meaning well given to that sticker on that Ertiga!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 14:07   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Thanks for waiting and catching up Gannu. Was lovely meeting you for whatever limited duration we could. It finally happened that we have been missing since last 8 months.

Regarding the drive, the plan was Bangalore Ahmedabad Gandhinagar. I did probe if we need to halt as we got stuck at Nalasopara for an hour but wifey said she was fresh and we continued.

Less of abrupt braking and acceleration, seamless gearshifts, smooth lane shifting, All time AC and some quick breaks helped a lot like they have all these years.

So while crusing on the carriageway, I had to ensure it felt like we were gliding with minimal turbulence ☺.

Last edited by paragsachania : 17th May 2015 at 14:08.
paragsachania is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 23:28   #248
BHPian

How is ertiga over bad potholed roads. Can you just drive over it at reasonable speed or you would have to considerably slow down?
Old 18th May 2015, 00:14   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
How is ertiga over bad potholed roads. Can you just drive over it at reasonable speed or you would have to considerably slow down?
The suspension is bit on the softer side. So taking potholed roads needs to be at "considerably" slower speeds than say Ecosport or a Duster.

At times, to do some noise checks, I have driven over potholes and good speeds but all alone and it felt just good. With load I deliberately drive slower to cause minimal uneasiness to passengers.

In fact, a lot again will depend on your air pressure. With Michelin 205 60 15, I am settled with 33 to 34 PSI even with the 3rd row. Offers me best ride quality and least bounciness.

Yesterday's 1500 drive was at 34 PSI with just one co passenger and my daughter aged 5. The air pressure felt just perfect with no bouncing on small culverts or passing joints where 2 road surfaces meet.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 01:26   #250
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Hello Sir,

Good to see you utilizing the Ertiga the way it is supposed to be used. Kudos to your family for being so supportive towards road trips. More than being supportive, they also enjoy them.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 07:29   #251
BHPian

Thank you. I am planning to buy a new car for long drives (1000+ kms per day). I thought of replacing my safari with another safari but ertiga mileage is really inviting, and your thread is also an inspiration to buy ertiga. I was wondering if Ertiga would be as comfortable as safari or may be better and keep you fresh after the long drives over bad / mix roads, considering it is a monocoque. Also is it posible to do around 120 all day in GQ?
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 07:59   #252
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you. I am planning to buy a new car for long drives (1000+ kms per day). I thought of replacing my safari with another safari but ertiga mileage is really inviting, and your thread is also an inspiration to buy ertiga. I was wondering if Ertiga would be as comfortable as safari or may be better and keep you fresh after the long drives over bad / mix roads, considering it is a monocoque. Also is it posible to do around 120 all day in GQ?
1000 kms in a day?! Hope that wasn't a typo!

With 1.5 years of living with the Ertiga, I can vouch for that car be it any kind of road and load (read luggage and passengers).

It'll keep you smiling at the end of the journey be it local stints, city commute, golden quadrilateral trips be it on comfort, FE and utility.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 08:49   #253
BHPian

Kudos for completing another 'usual' 1500 km drive Parag bhai
denver85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 10:51   #254
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
1000 kms in a day?! Hope that wasn't a typo!

With 1.5 years of living with the Ertiga, I can vouch for that car be it any kind of road and load (read luggage and passengers).

It'll keep you smiling at the end of the journey be it local stints, city commute, golden quadrilateral trips be it on comfort, FE and utility.
I have done 860 kms in a day in my Ertiga and she was still fresh as ever. We did from Delhi to Jhansi and back in the same day. And I agree, the Ertiga can be used anywhere as it is not too big for the city drives or too small for the highways either.
kisharchit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 22:45   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you take an extended test drive by renting an ertiga from carzonrent before deciding. Everyones perception will be different, and especially since you are coming down from Safari, I have reservations if you are going to like ertiga.

Most Viewed