Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2014, 16:23   #166
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Just received the consignment from Ebay.

Will be installing the Philips Xtreme Vision 60/55W in a day or two, lets see how different it is than stock.

I hope there is some difference as the stock is labelled as Osram, as seen below!

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0648.jpg

Shall update the thread soon.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 23:07   #167
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Between, couple of suggestions.

1. Didn't like you chopping the LIVE TO DRIVE sticker.
2. Rear is too cluttered with too many badges / stickers
3. Please do add a rear spoiler - the car deserves one to look cuter.
Suggestions accepted and some editing done:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140405_200536.jpg

Suggestion 1: Removed the old LTD and pasted a new one Thanks to Bblost.

Suggestion 2: Hope this placement of the sticker doesn't make the rear cluttered as earlier? What say?

Suggestion 3: This is still in thinking stages.

Thank you for the suggestions bro!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 08:59   #168
BANNED

LIGHTING UPDATE:

Since I have already used Osram Night Breaker+ in my Ritz, they conked off within 4 months of installation, I was sceptical that these Philips bulbs too would be like the Osram. Was initially hesitant to buy them but I did take the plunge, I am a happy driver now!

After buying the Philips Xtreme Vision (60/55W H4) headlamps from Ebay for Rs 1150, I changed the bulbs to see how different they are from stock bulbs (My Swift ZDi comes with Osram Bilux 60/55W H4 as seen in my post on this page (Post No.: 166)).

There was a instant difference when I switched the headlamps ON in low beam. It does have a bluish-white tinge to the light throw but not too white.

The cut-off lines in the low beam are like projector setup and the high beam has a sharper yet slightly wider throw than stock bulbs. The Osram Bilux feels more like a 35/35W bulbs than a 60/55W bulb. They seem to be weak with no proper throw at high beams. Initially, I thought it was the problem of the reflectors as it was difficult for me to think that Osram bulbs can be bad!

Here are a few comparison pictures I have taken with both the bulbs installed:

Fog Lamps Only:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-1-fog-lamps-only-lobrxv.jpg

Low Beam (Left: Osram Bilux; Right: Philips Xtreme Vision):
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-2-low-beam-lobrxv.jpg

High Beam (Left: Osram Bilux; Right: Philips Xtreme Vision):
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-3-high-beam-lobrxv.jpg

Fog Lamps + Low Beam (Left: Osram Bilux; Right: Philips Xtreme Vision):
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-4-fog-lamps-low-beam-lobrxv.jpg

Fog Lamps + High Beam (Left: Osram Bilux; Right: Philips Xtreme Vision):
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-5-fog-lamps-high-beam-lobrxv.jpg

After this install on my Swift, I do recommend this pair of bulbs to all who need better lighting without any hassles on warranty and for those who don't want to fiddle around with electricals (Like upgrading the rating with relays etc).

Note: Thanks to Parag Sachania for the suggestion on the bulbs and urging me buy it!

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th April 2014 at 09:08.
a4anurag is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 09:22   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
UPDATE:

After searching almost of the whole of Hyderabad, I could lay hands on the blinker. Tried ordering the part online via www.mgp.co.in but the website has issues in accepting the order (fails at one point), so went to Maruti official website and lodged a complaint regarding MGP issue.

Within a few hours I got the reply with an apology and giving me the the Authorized stockists for ALL spares of Maruti in Hyderabad. Went to the stockist and finally got hold of the Blinker yesterday. Hats off to Maruti for their dealer network and active replying to customer issues.
Hi Anurag, excellent review. I too have a 2010 swift Vdi and use it for my daily 50 km office commute, run 38 K on the odo. Apart from the minor niggles like rattling,rest everything has been smooth sailing.

Thanks for sharing in the details about the workshop manuals. Didn't know they were available . Placed an order right now via the website. Waiting for their call.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 10th April 2014 at 12:11. Reason: Entire post quoted
Old 8th April 2014, 09:35   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Hi Anurag,excellent review.I too have a 2010 swift Vdi and use it for my daily 50Km office commute,run 38k on the odo.Apart from the minor niggles like rattling,rest everything has been smooth sailing.
Thanks for sharing in the details about the workshop manuals.Didn't know they were available. Placed an order right now via the website. Waiting for their call.
Thank you Rakesh,

Rattles are a return gift from Maruti to us for buying their cars. Nothing much can be done but to live with it. Telling MASS about the rattles will only worsen them or a new one would start that would be the cause of their "rectification" trials. So I try to solve it myself if live with them. Fingers crossed, my swift is rattle free till date.

I placed order long back and waiting for the Workshop Manual, which is taking ages to reach Hyderabad from Gurgaon. I guess it is coming by walk! Shall update the thread once I receive them! Hope you get them fast! This is what I love of Maruti Suzuki, all manuals available, nice transparency. Hats off!

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th April 2014 at 09:42.
Old 8th April 2014, 16:07   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
LIGHTING UPDATE:
There was a instant difference when I switched the headlamps ON in low beam. It does have a bluish-white tinge to the light throw but not too white.
Super details there covering various configurations Anurag!

As you have used darker roads, one can easily make out the difference. I suggested you XV knowing how I saw them perform in my friend's WagonR in Pune when we drove in certain darker areas. The focus (as your pictures too depict) is crisp and that is what matters more in Rain and foggy conditions.

Since you were particular about not installing Cut-off and 100/90, I was sure that the XVs would do better justice than the stock bulbs.

A friend of mine at work has also installed the same on his Vento few weeks before and when I asked about the review, he was sure that they were better to stock but no match to 100/90 set up.

Hence, XVs are a safe bet in case you just want to plug and play and retain the same wattage as the OE bulbs but get a better throw than the stock bulbs.

For my Ertiga I am only worried about these bulbs conking off sooner as I do a lot of highway runs, particularly at nights and I flash my beams very frequently. The 100-90 Set up in my WagonR was installed at around 65000 Kms and till now I may have replaced one bulb on each side when the ODO is 215k now.

For the Ertiga, I am again on the same set-up (100/90) but it is surprising that the throw is not the same was in the WagonR at all. Not sure if that is the issue with the design of the reflector. But what I am thinking is to get rid of the relay kit and plonk Philips XV now only because the 100-90 hasn't helped me improve much that I need to praise it.

Last edited by paragsachania : 8th April 2014 at 16:20.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 18:15   #172
BHPian

Quote:
LIGHTING UPDATE:

Fog Lamps + High Beam (Left: Osram Bilux; Right: Philips Xtreme Vision):
Attachment 1227917

Anurag.
Hi Anurag,

It is only me that Fog Lamps + High Beam on "Osram Bilux" appears better (even spread) than "Philips Xtreme Vision" ?
Old 9th April 2014, 09:06   #173
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasu View Post

Hi Anurag,

It is only me that Fog Lamps + High Beam on "Osram Bilux" appears better (even spread) than "Philips Xtreme Vision" ?
+1 but if you see it in reality there is a marked difference. Initially was wondering that the picture l posted was reverse so checked individual pictures. All ok.

Anurag.
Old 9th April 2014, 10:32   #174
BHPian

Quote:
+1 but if you see it in reality there is a marked difference. Initially was wondering that the picture l posted was reverse so checked individual pictures. All ok.

Anurag.
Hi Anurag,

Many thanks for your detailed explanation! I have a Sx4, Zdi, the stock headlights & foglights are just next to nothing. For quite some time i was contemplating about switching to Philips 60/50W set up, but worried about warranty. Now your post gave me tremendous amount of confidence to install Philips Xtreme.

Now my only worry is color throw of Foglight and Headlight will be different. Forglight- Yellowish & Headlight: White blueish.

Also, is there some solution for Fog lights, i find the Sx4 Foglights are good for nothing.

Thanks

Amit

Last edited by amitpunjani : 9th April 2014 at 10:34.
Old 9th April 2014, 10:40   #175
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Now my only worry is color throw of Foglight and Headlight will be different. Forglight- Yellowish & Headlight: White blueish.

Also, is there some solution for Fog lights, i find the Sx4 Foglights are good for nothing.
Hello Amit,

When the headlights are in low beam or high beam, it appears to be 85 - 90% yellow light. The bluish-white tinge is hardly noticeable so no legal issues at all. Go ahead and install them on your SX4. Since we had an SX4 VXi (2007 model), I can understand your problem.

For fog lamps I'll need to check (Philips does have some bulb in that category IMO) - Let me check.

Anurag.
Old 10th April 2014, 21:19   #176
BHPian

Hi Anurag,

How much have you done now. What's your experience on rattling problem for which the oid Swift was famous for. My 2.5 yrs old-1.6 CRDI- Verna is fetching a price of 8.5 L. If the deal finalizes, SWIFT top end petrol/diesel are among my options. Diesel though less than petrol in BHP terms, pulls better than petrol, my experience from short TDs of both cars. If I take the DDIS & plug in a dieseltronic,will it match Verna 1.6 CRDI in terms of engine power. How is the NVH characteristic of your car.

Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 23:45   #177
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
How much have you done now.
9896 kms as of date in 3 months 20 days.

Quote:
What's your experience on rattling problem for which the oid Swift was famous for.
No rattling at all till date.

Quote:
If I take the DDIS & plug in a dieseltronic, will it match Verna 1.6 CRDI in terms of engine power.
The DDiS produces 75PS so adding a RD box would not get power equal to your Verna 1.6L CRDi.

Quote:
How is the NVH characteristic of your car.
NVH is pretty good till 120 kmph. Post that wind noise and the tyre noise get audible in the cabin. But it's not a deal breaker for me at least.

Anurag.
Old 11th April 2014, 17:02   #178
BANNED

UPDATES:

1) Floor Mats

2) Fuel filler neck recall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Floor Mats:

I wanted a better set of floor mats for the Swift but didn't want to spend a fortune on those 3M nomad mats or do a DIY using noodle mats. So while browsing online for mats and talking to a few BHPians, I was suggested floor mats by BHPian Parag Sachania.

These are car mats by company Star Mats which is supplied by Sai Mag Wheels, New Delhi.

Salient Features of the 3D Mats:
  • Star car mats have 3 Dimensional design with raised edges to keep the cars’ original carpet clean
  • All Star car mats models are 100 % water proof: They efficiently protect the car from dirt, mud, snow, water & oil.
  • All Star car mats models have anti-skid bottom layer to reduce mat movement, so it is less likely to slip, a principle cause of driver irritation and pedal obstruction.
  • Easy Maintenance: Star car mats are lightweight & easy to clean.
  • Star car mats has metal foot pad on driver mat to reduce wear and tear.

My requirements were mats that are light and thin with easy cleaning along with no issues when in rainy season with wet shoes. Since Parag was already using these mats from long, I got a long term review from him. After that I paid for them online. I had placed an order for it online at 16:00 and the delivery was done by 11am next day! I was Now that's some high speed delivery!

There are two colours to choose from:

1) Beige
2) Black

Since my car is all-black, I chose black obviously! Paid INR 2800 for the mats that come in 5 pieces:
  • 1 Driver side
  • 1 passenger side
  • 1 Rear passenger (Behind drivers seat)
  • 1 Rear passenger (Behind passengers seat)
  • 1 Transmission hump (between the two rear seat recess)

Attaching a few pictures of the mats for viewing pleasure.

The Packaging:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0449.jpg

Another PE bag for protection:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0451.jpg

The Star!
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0453.jpg

Driver Side Mat:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0452.jpg

Passengers Side Mat:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0460.jpg

Rear passenger (Behind drivers seat)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0461.jpg

Rear passenger (Behind passengers seat)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0462.jpg

Transmission hump (between the two rear seat recess)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0463.jpg

Steel plate with Anti-Skid rubber:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0457.jpg

The Welcro at the base of the mats (to prevent movement):
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0459.jpg

A look after fitting the drivers side mat:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0473.jpg

Does cover the required area:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0470.jpg

The fuel filler opener area is left open (Wish the deisgn of the mats had this part covered too:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0471.jpg

A look after fitting the passenger side mat:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0476.jpg

Does cover the required area:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0477.jpg

Fully covered:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0478.jpg

Behind Driver side:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0474.jpg

Behind passengers side:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0479.jpg

Rubber mats from the Ritz that I was using till now:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0483.jpg

Cloth-type mats given by Maruti as an accessory (Free):
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0484.jpg

A closer look at the metal plate and Anti-skid rubber in between (Novel touch):
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0454.jpg

Welcro pieces to keep the 5th piece in place:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0464.jpg

A close up the same welcro:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0467.jpg

The 5th piece (Needs some adjustment to make it fit):
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0481.jpg

Note: Thanks to Parag for the suggestion. I am happy now and relaxed!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Fuel filler neck replacement recall:

My dad just received a call from Sai Service, Hyderabad as both my Swift ZDi and dad's Ertiga ZDi are under the scanner and needs replacement of this part.

Since my car has clocked 9.8 K and needs another 200 kms for reaching the 10K kms mark where the 3rd service is scheduled, I have informed Sai Service guys that the recall issue can be clubbed along with the service for which they have agreed.

Here are the pictures (screen shots) from the Maruti Suzuki website where the recall has been announced.

The Recall attention pop's up when the Maruti Suzuki website is opened:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-untitled.jpg

The Notice:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-untitled1.jpg

[/b]My Swift's Chassis number entered (Yes my car is called-in for the Recall):[/b]
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-untitled2.jpg

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 11th April 2014 at 17:20.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 21:42   #179
BHPian

Hi Anurag, please share the link for the 3D mat purchase, if you don't mind. Thanks!
Old 11th April 2014, 21:54   #180
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Hi Anurag, please share the link for the 3D mat purchase, if you don't mind. Thanks!
Sure buddy, here it is:

http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...or_mats_49.htm

The above link will take you directly to Swift floor mats.

Anurag
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks