Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2014, 18:00   #181
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Meanwhile, this happened yesterday night,

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140412_192811.jpg

Took me 3 months and 19 days to achieve this.

Will be giving it for service tomorrow or day after.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 21:07   #182
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Been more than a month from the time I had placed an order for the below three from the MGP website.

Quote:
1) Parts Catalogue for Swift DDiS (Part No.: 99000M24120-726) - Rs 270/-

2) Workshop Manual for Swift DDiS (Part No.: 99500M74L00-74E)

3) Supplementary Manual for Swift DDiS (Part No.: 99510M74L00-74E) - Rs 348/-
The parts catalogue and Supplementary manual have arrived but the workshop manual is still pending and would take another 4-5 days as dealers and spares stockist are not getting them themselves. There is some issue with distribution from Gurgaon.

Though I have collected the supplementary manual and parts catalogue from them a few days back. Here are the pictures.

Exact costs are in the quote and as you all can see the workshop manual is left blank (No cost entered I mean) as I have no idea of the exact price of it. Will update once I lay my hands on it!

A few pictures of the same:

Supplementary Manual (Front)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0449.jpg

Supplementary Manual (Rear)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0450.jpg

Applicable models and the VIN this manual is applicable to:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140422_204703.jpg

Contents:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140422_204729.jpg

Parts Catalogue (Front)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0451.jpg

Parts Catalogue (Rear)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0452.jpg

Contents:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0455.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also bought this mobile holder cum charger from Ebay for Rs 700.

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0457.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0456.jpg

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd April 2014 at 21:10.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 23:28   #183
BANNED

Third Service a.k.a 10K Service Update:

Been 4 months since purchase and the odometer reads 11076 kms. Have been just not able to find time to get the car serviced due to my ultra busy schedule so asked dad to give the car for service. The other issue being overload on the MASS technicians and SA's due to long power cuts hampering the service operation (ASC's running on Diesel gensets so lifts etc don't work much, etc etc).

In such situations I did not want the car to go in for a service. Kept calling the SA for service and also on the parts availability for the Fuel filler neck recall. Neither was there time for service nor the part availability.

Yesterday evening got a call so dropped the car in the morning at 9 am and got it back at 3 pm. I will be getting a call once again in a few days once the fuel filler replacement parts arrive.

Here is the bill screen shot:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-untitled.jpg

Anurag.

Last edited by GTO : 26th April 2014 at 17:08. Reason: As requested
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 16:05   #184
BANNED

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 10K kms

Been a month since the last update to the ownership thread.

Just thought of uploading my Swift's Fuel Log and the related data.

Attaching screen shots of the same:

Fuel Log:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-fuel-log.jpg

Fuel Efficiency Chart:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-mileage-chart.jpg

Rs / Kms Chart:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-rs-per-km-chart.jpg

Range after Fill:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-range-after-fill.jpg

Duration after Fill:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-days-after-fill.jpg

NOTE: Thanks to BHPian Satish Appasani for the fuel log calculator that I am using for log maintenance.

Currently the odometer reads 13822 kms with no rattles and issues whatsoever. Getting an average fuel efficiency of 21 Kmpl but the MID displays between 22.0-22.3 kmpl. I am enjoying every moment of this car ownership.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 17:34   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 10K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Range after Fill:
There was an interesting episode on "RANGE" displayed in the MID with my Ertiga a week before.

I was casually cleaning the Air Filter and Battery terminals and had disconnected the negative terminal of the battery. After my tasks were done, I reconnected it back and let the car idle for at least 5 minutes before I went to an IOC fuel station located near my home.

As usual, I filled the tank till Auto cut-off and then I reset the TRIP and the AVERAGE FE Meters to Zero.

To my surprise, I noticed that the RANGE was displaying only 450 KMS (Usually it displays me nothing less than 625 KMS).

I did not suspect anything wrong with the amount of fuel that went it as I knew it was precise knowing how much fuel was left in the tank. I drove for over a week with Average FE displayed anything from 16.xx-17.xxkmpl.

At almost quarter tank, I refilled again keeping the Ignition ON (not the engine) and looking at the MID's Range slowly climb up - And this time, it stops at 500KMS.

However, I keep a close eye on the Range Values this time after driving every 100 kms and I began to notice that the RANGE is slowly settling to a number to match the FE figures.

In fact, right now, with Average FE displayed as 17.1kmpl and the Trip beyond 350kms, the needle is just a little below halfway mark while the range still displays 255KMS. This converts to about 605 KMS of overall range for this tank.

I recall reading somewhere that the ECU sets the Range to a pre-defined number after a reset and over the next 3-4 tanks, based on the Avg FE and driving style will adjust and start to display the Range properly.

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th May 2014 at 17:47.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 17:12   #186
BANNED

Was using the Android App - DriveBy simultaneously to keep track of fuel log after which I enter it into the above excel sheet.

Just want to add the screenshot of that DriveBy App fuel logger too:

Older Archieve:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-1.png

Updated with current data:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-2.png

Current MID reading:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140527_080511.jpg

A casual click!
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140503_180304.jpg

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 23:10   #187
Senior - BHPian

The consistency of your Blue Streak's mileage figures is truly astonishing. Is your driving primarily on highways?? Congratulations for achieving these figures.
Old 28th May 2014, 02:08   #188
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The consistency of your Blue Streak's mileage figures is truly astonishing. Is your driving primarily on highways?? Congratulations for achieving these figures.
Quoting my own post that I had posted in this thread with the details of the road I travel everyday.

Quote:
Total distance one-way is 60 kms. The breakup for this distance:

1) Office gate to ORR - 16.1 kms
2) ORR (Outer ring road) - 27.9 kms
3) ORR to home - 16.0 kms

1) This distance is the worst of the lot with roads less and more of craters. It is mostly covered in 1st and 2nd gear with sometimes bumper-2-bumper traffic.

2) The ORR is a 8-lane express way with a top speed limit of 120 kmph but lower speed limit is 80 kmph. I maintain speeds between 90 - 100kmph.

3) This is the 4 lane highway (NH 44 - Hyderabad to Nagpur) with medium to high traffic, mostly heavy vehicles and RTC buses trundling along the right lane.
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 12:06   #189
BHPian

Anurag - How on earth are you getting those mileage figures dude?

I'm getting around 13-14kmpl in city driving, and on highways, driven most and most sedately (read hypermiling), I'm getting around 21kmpl average. Even if I slightly cross the speed of 80km/hr, mileage again drops to 17-18kmpl.

Tyre pressure is exactly maintained as per the instructions on the door, and the car was recently bought through Maruti True value which means they do all the servicing before delivering the car to us. Also, I generally upshift at 2000-2200 rpm.

I don't understand if this is happening only with my car or most of the people are getting the same FE as mine.

Is there anything else I'm missing out that needs my attention for better FE?

Also, let's meet up once and do some OBD tests on my car on our ORR.

Last edited by madhav14 : 28th May 2014 at 12:07.
Old 28th May 2014, 12:23   #190
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Anurag - How on earth are you getting those mileage figures dude?

I'm getting around 13-14kmpl in city driving, and on highways, driven most and most sedately (read hypermiling), I'm getting around 21kmpl average. Even if I slightly cross the speed of 80km/hr, mileage again drops to 17-18kmpl.

Tyre pressure is exactly maintained as per the instructions on the door, and the car was recently bought through Maruti True value which means they do all the servicing before delivering the car to us. Also, I generally upshift at 2000-2200 rpm.

I don't understand if this is happening only with my car or most of the people are getting the same FE as mine.

Is there anything else I'm missing out that needs my attention for better FE?

Also, let's meet up once and do some OBD tests on my car on our ORR.
Sure buddy, we can meet up and see how the OBD works and the data it reads out.

I advise you to maintain 1-2 psi more than what is recommended on the door. Since the door pressures mentioned are of cold tyre, by the time you reach the place of filling the tyres will get warm so it better to fill 1-2 psi more. No harm anyway.

Don't lug the engine; up shift at 2000 rpm; down shift around 1500 rpm; use more of engine braking.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 13:34   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sure buddy, we can meet up and see how the OBD works and the data it reads out.

I advise you to maintain 1-2 psi more than what is recommended on the door. Since the door pressures mentioned are of cold tyre, by the time you reach the place of filling the tyres will get warm so it better to fill 1-2 psi more. No harm anyway.

Don't lug the engine; up shift at 2000 rpm; down shift around 1500 rpm; use more of engine braking.

Anurag.
Ofcourse, the recommended tyre pressure for my car is 36psi at the front and 32psi at rear. I'm currently maintaining 37 and 34.

Also, my gear shifts are exactly like what you have said. Still the same result. Do you think any errors in ECU might result in this type of FE results? I absolutely have no idea in that and pardon me if the question itself is wrong.
Old 28th May 2014, 13:37   #192
BANNED

Quote:
Ofcourse, the recommended tyre pressure for my car is 36psi at the front and 32psi at rear. I'm currently maintaining 37 and 34.

Also, my gear shifts are exactly like what you have said. Still the same result. Do you think any errors in ECU might result in this type of FE results? I absolutely have no idea in that and pardon me if the question itself is wrong.
Will have to check the car and get a second opinion from an FNG to see what is wrong with the car.

There could be errors in the CU but the engine malfunction light should be displayed. Lets see what is in store.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 15:15   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry Madhav, even I am getting almost the same figures from my ZDI, which has done abt 47k's in 28months. Even I am surprised how on earth Anurag and others get such high efficiencies? I am quite confident their is nothing wrong with the way I drive to get such a huge difference.
Old 28th May 2014, 16:25   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

We are forgetting the most basic element here : The Pattern of the roads that Anurag takes. It consists of a Highway and the Outer ring road for a good no of Kilometers of his daily office run.

Knowing him, I am sure he doesn't indulge in spirited driving which is also another take away.

The FE he is getting is absolutely normal that a regular, good driver would get under such conditions.

You could also try this next time:

Reset the Average meter for various type of traffic that you drive and note how it changes based on the road conditions.

For instance, for a 10 kms stretch with speeds at 80kmph, if I reset the Average FE, I am surely going to get anything above 21-22 at steady pace.

I reset the FE meter again and drive above 3 digit speeds and I am sure the number will drop by 2-3 kms easily.

The reason I am referring to the resetting the Average FE meter and check is for the fact that you can notice how different patterns of roads/traffic will affect the FE.

Lets say you drive in B2B traffic all the times, there is absolutely no chance to get these figures.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 16:52   #195
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
We are forgetting the most basic element here : The Pattern of the roads that Anurag takes. It consists of a Highway and the Outer ring road for a good no of Kilometers of his daily office run.

Knowing him, I am sure he doesn't indulge in spirited driving which is also another take away. The FE he is getting is absolutely normal that a regular, good driver would get under such conditions.

You could also try this next time:

Reset the Average meter for various type of traffic that you drive and note how it changes based on the road conditions.
Thank you for the kind words buddy.

I do maintain the speed limits like 80 kmph on normal highways and 100 kmph on the ORR (8-lane highway) as I feel comfortable at these speeds and I am never in a hurry everyday to reach my destination so need of spirited driving.

I keep resetting the average FE meter every full tank and see what average I get at the end of the full tank.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks