Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2014, 15:37   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Wonderful report. Hearty congratulations, Anurag my friend!

When I started reading I thought you got yourself a second car, and your first post clarified that you have sold off the Ritz! Went and browsed through your Ritzy thread to catch those final posts. A great journey of a lakh kms for the Ritzy (in super quick time!), and it went at a pretty decent price as well.

This shade of blue looks absolutely stunning and drool-worthy. In your hands, maintenance shouldn't be a problem at all so the color should stay fresh and new for the next few years. I must commend you for your choice as well. The Swift ZDi is a worthy upgrade from the Ritzy, and although both cars share similar powertrains, there is that little bit of extra zip in the Swift which you must have felt already. Of course, having already driven the DDiS so extensively, you must be feeling right at home. All those gizmos and premium, plush interiors make the Swift a fantastic car. Great choice.

1000 kms have breezed by already! You sure you are not gunning for the record books this time around?!

Wishing you plenty of happy, peaceful and contented miles ahead. Keep revvin' and drive safe, my friend!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 15:47   #17
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
So finally the ownership review is up. Congrats bro. Feeling very happy for you. The car looks brilliant in blue. Great choice of colour. Well I don't really have to ask you to take good care
Of the car. You always have kept all
Your cars in pristine condition so the same here.
So when are you coming to pune?
Thanks Asit.

Visits to 3M will be regular for keeping the car in good condition along with me washing it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi Anuraj,
Indeed a fantastic review ,as good as the official review exept the pictures could have been better.
I was surprised that blue was not even there on your initial option list.

Hope to meet you on the 26th meet and drive.
Wishing you a very happy mile munching.
Thanks Kumar Saab. I agree on the pictures front as it was shot with 8MP Samsung mobile camera. I know that is the weakness of the thread but will add better quality pictures by the weekend.

I am in for the 26th meet. Will post my confirmations on the same in the dedicated thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Wonderful report. Hearty congratulations, Anurag my friend!

When I started reading I thought you got yourself a second car, and your first post clarified that you have sold off the Ritz! Went and browsed through your Ritzy thread to catch those final posts. A great journey of a lakh kms for the Ritzy (in super quick time!), and it went at a pretty decent price as well.

This shade of blue looks absolutely stunning and drool-worthy. In your hands, maintenance shouldn't be a problem at all so the color should stay fresh and new for the next few years. I must commend you for your choice as well. The Swift ZDi is a worthy upgrade from the Ritzy, and although both cars share similar powertrains, there is that little bit of extra zip in the Swift which you must have felt already. Of course, having already driven the DDiS so extensively, you must be feeling right at home. All those gizmos and premium, plush interiors make the Swift a fantastic car. Great choice.

1000 kms have breezed by already! You sure you are not gunning for the record books this time around?!

Wishing you plenty of happy, peaceful and contented miles ahead. Keep revvin' and drive safe, my friend!
Now the odometer reads 1986 kms couple short of 2K kms.

The overall upgrade I have felt is phenomenal when compared to the Ritz but the downside I see is space ONLY. Rest all points the Swift does take the cake.

Thanks to all. Hope you guys liked the review.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 15:58   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Anurag! Swift looks smashing in blue indeed. Wish you a very happy and safe ownership experience .

Can we assume that swift will breach the 1 Lakh mark earlier than the Ritz?
Old 6th January 2014, 16:07   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Anurag. From Blue Boomerang to the Blue Streak now! Wish you many happy miles of motoring in your Swift. Swift looks amazing in this shade of Blue.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 16:25   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Anurag, congratulations on one of the best handling hatches in the country.

However, this version of Swift is not the same thrilling one but, is more refined, linear and placid compared to the previous gen swift which was absolute rabid in all senses. Love this shade in blue which I beileve was started by Fiesta in their S versions

Agree with Kumar, most of the pictures could have been better quality which is a slight detterent to otherwise one of the most comprehensive reviews of the Swift on the forum
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 16:35   #21
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the car Anurag, wish you many miles of safe driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What I don’t like:
[list][*]No opening for the boot from Inside
Does that mean you have to stop the car, and physically go and open the boot everytime ?

Are you sure ? In this day and age, this is a bummer !
Old 6th January 2014, 16:54   #22
BHPian

Congratulations Anurag!

As you must have read from other thready, I too couldnt wait and let go of the offers on the swift and took the plunge. I took delivery of my Swift Vdi in white yesterday.
Old 6th January 2014, 18:10   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Congrats on the car Anurag, wish you many miles of safe driving.

Does that mean you have to stop the car, and physically go and open the boot everytime ?

Are you sure ? In this day and age, this is a bummer !
There is no boot release switch from the cabin. The driver has to get down and press a switch that is located between the registration number lights. It is a black electromagnetic button that opens the boot.

It indeed is a pain in malls, offices etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Congratulations Anurag!

As you must have read from other thready, I too couldnt wait and let go of the offers on the swift and took the plunge. I took delivery of my Swift Vdi in white yesterday.
Thanks buddy.

CONGRATULATIONS for the Swift VDi. Waiting for your ownership report!

Anurag.
Old 6th January 2014, 18:25   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is no boot release switch from the cabin. The driver has to get down and press a switch that is located between the registration number lights. It is a black electromagnetic button that opens the boot.

It indeed is a pain in malls, offices etc.
Are you sure? I believe the central locking system will unlock all the 5 doors (includes the boot as well).
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-swift.jpg
This means, you can use the same Lock/Unlock Button to release the boot door and the whoever it is merely has to press the button/lever (or whatever) in the boot to open the boot door.

Or, am I missing something in the whole conversation here??

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th January 2014 at 18:26.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 18:29   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Are you sure? I believe the central locking system will unlock all the 5 doors (includes the boot as well).

This means, you can use the same Lock/Unlock Button to release the boot door and the whoever it is merely has to press the button/lever (or whatever) in the boot to open the boot door.

Or, am I missing something in the whole conversation here??
What I meant to say is,

All the 5 doors (4 passenger door + Boot lid) are locked/unlocked with the central locking button on the key as well as the lock/unlock button on the drivers arm-rest (that you shared).

Only thing is that to open the boot lid one has to get down and press the switch located which is not the case with my Ritz VDi which had a boot lid release switch beside the fuel filler lid opener near the drivers leg.

Anurag.
Old 6th January 2014, 18:31   #26
Team-BHP Support

Where exactly is this switch ?
Old 6th January 2014, 18:36   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Where exactly is this switch ?
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-untitled.jpg

Here is the location of the switch for the opening of the boot lid.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 18:37   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What I meant to say is,

All the 5 doors (4 passenger door + Boot lid) are locked/unlocked with the central locking button on the key as well as the lock/unlock button on the drivers arm-rest (that you shared).

Only thing is that to open the boot lid one has to get down and press the switch located which is not the case with my Ritz VDi which had a boot lid release switch beside the fuel filler lid opener near the drivers leg.

Anurag.
I am still unable to understand the concern here. If the Lock/Unlock button is used to unlock the central locking system, you only have to physically press the button on the boot door and lift it open.

Even in case of your Ritz, one will still have to lift the boot door to open isn't it?

The only difference with the Swift here is that the boot door is "Unlocked" rather than opened but the human effort would still be required to open the boot just like your Ritz.

The earlier cable mechanism would actually release the lock by pulling the striker on the boot lid end and the boot door would pop out a bit.

EDIT: More precisely, this is what I am trying to say-

A driver need not pass his keys to the security to open the boot and you can manage that remotely using the Lock/Unlock Button. So essentially, this is still a "Remote Boot release".

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th January 2014 at 18:42.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 18:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anurag

This review beats many official reviews as well

Kudos n enjoy the ride

Rating it 5 stars!
himanshugoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 19:37   #30
BHPian

Congratulations anurag sir!
Simply love that colour. Great choice.
wishing you many happy miles with that beauty!

Most Viewed