Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2015, 11:33   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Hi Anurag

I could see you've spent around 877 on WA/WB. You can get the same thing done outside for 550 to 600. Just an FYI.
Old 29th July 2015, 11:48   #377
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hi Anurag

I could see you've spent around 877 on WA/WB. You can get the same thing done outside for 550 to 600. Just an FYI.
Yes sir. I do it only to remain in the good books for warranty purpose.

Don't do it for every service. I do WA, WB and WR outside.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 21:58   #378
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Hey guys,

Just got myself a TPMS for the Blue Streak. Installed it and here are the details:

TPMS
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 20:33   #379
BANNED

With my RR 5.0 cycle troubling me a lot during gear changes, I decided to take the cycle for a service visit to Decathlon. So after I loaded the cycle successfully in the car, drove down there and then came the time to remove it. All the struggle begins here thanks to cramped interiors of my Swift it was literally a circus. Finally I managed to get the cycle out and in that process I broke the cabin lamp plastic cover and the festoon bulb too.

I had a spare one so replaced it but while doing so, one end of the festoon bulb touched the roof (metal part) and that made a spark. Replaced the bulb and tried switching it ON but nothing happened. Puzzled I walk away to the store to hand them over my cycle. After I give them my cycle, I walk back to the car and unlock it. No response from the remote. Frantically I retired but no use. Went crazy thinking what could have gone wrong.

Put the key in and turn to ignition and I find the car responding normally as though nothing happened. I pull out the key and try locking the car. No response. Later I notice, the meters are stuck too. They weren't coming back to '0'. As it was dark, I go home wondering what could be the issue. Upon reaching, I check the fuse box (Engine compartment) and the BCM (Underneath the dashboard - beside accelerator). All fuses are OK but the central locking seems to have gone kaput.

Instantly messaged Parag bhai and briefed him on the chain of events. He started troubleshooting and all we could narrow down to was a blown BCM.

Problem noticed when ignition is OFF:

1) Instrumented console:
-- Meters not returning to '0' position;
-- Door opening indicator not displaying;
-- No instrumentation lights working when headlights are turned ON.

2) OBD II Port not working.
3) Remote/Central locking not working.

I read through this thread here (Thanks to GTO):
Swift - BCM Issue.

Reading through, I ascertain myself for the a hefty repair bill for the BCM replacement.

Next Day...

Post work, I head to my MASS to get this solved. But as I reach there they say that mechanics aren't there today as the workshop is closed for maintenance. I called up SA again and asked what to do. He told me to visit any other MASS and they'll get it solved.

The nearest MASS from my workplace - Gem Motors. I hand over the car and look at them diagnosing the issue and all SA's/mechanics standing around are scratching their heads. After 45 minutes one more mechanic (Expert and the oldest of the lot) arrives at the spot wanting to see what the problem is.

Within 5 minutes of bending and stretching he finalises that the BCM is short and needs replacement and will cost me 13K + 1K labour. Dejected, I ask him if the part is readily available or needs to be ordered. He went to the stores and checked - It was ready.

I asked them the working time - they quoted 3 - 3.5 hours. Informed them that I'll leave the car there when I head to work at 9am and pick it up 5pm. They agreed and dispersed.

On the way back, neither my heart nor my mind are ready to accept it. How can the whole BCM blow off and if it has then how does everything work perfectly. Half way home, I stop the car by side and close my eyes thinking what could be it?! My heart and mind still pointing out towards some blown fuse in either the engine compartment or the BCM.

With a cool mind, I pull out the manual and the engine compartment fuse box to check all of them again! Main fuse box: All OK!

Now I sit on the road with the BCM cover and the manual reading every single fuse name and title. At one point during the reading, I notice DOME - 7.5A. With my fingers crossed, I head to the engine compartment, pull out the spare 7.5A fuse and replace it. Voila! Things are back to normal. That 7.5A fuse was blown!

All electricals, central/remote locking and instrumentation console are back working normally.

I was wondering why this DOME - 7.5A didn't appear yesterday evening?! I feel like a FOOL!

I thank my stars and gut feeling and for the saving myself those B.I.G 15K had I got the BCM replaced then and there at the MASS.

To be doubly sure, I ran a diagnostic scan but no errors were recorded.

Some Pictures:

Cabin light (See the blue area that caused the spark):
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-0.jpg

Meters not at '0' position:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-1.jpg

No meter illumination even when headlights are ON:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-2.jpg

Another one - meters not at '0' position:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-3.jpg

With ignition ON:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-4.jpg

BCM Cover:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-6.jpg

BCM Unit:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-7.jpg

Dome 7.5A Fuse - The culprit:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-8.jpg

Fuse - Blown:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-9.jpg

Spare fuse and the puller:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-5.jpg

DTC Scan - No errors:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-10.png

The car is back to normal now.

Last but not the least, sincere thanks to Parag for helping me in the diagnosis.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Burning question:

If one of the fuse i.e. Dome light (in my case) that was blown, how has it caused the remote/central locking to malfunction?

What and where is the connection?

Am I missing something here?

I thought connections etc are isolated and shouldn't effect the rest operations but that isn't the case here.

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th August 2015 at 20:42.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 11:37   #380
BHPian

Ditto..Makhi to Makhi happened to me for my i20. In my case, I was trying to replace the festoon bulb in the boot area and the prying tool caused a short circuit. Gauges were stuck in odd positions, central locking went kaput etc etc. But on checking the manual that comes with the i20, I immediately got to know the root cause of the problem.

The manual lists the position and the Amperage of each fuse along with the corresponding functions it performs. Turns out that the fuse that controlled the dome/boot light also controls the central locking, instrument cluster lights and even the gauges in the instrument cluster. Once the burnt out fuse was replaced, everything came back to normal.

I suggest you check out your manual to check if there is any such list that mentions the list of functions controlled by each fuse. You should get the answer to your questions.

Edit: Why don't you get hold of a cycle rack. I have seen quite a few cars in Hyderabad sporting them.

Last edited by racer_ash : 21st August 2015 at 11:40.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 12:52   #381
BHPian

Whoa!! Your stars are really good man. I can't answer your last question as I'm not that technical as you

By the way, did you leave those Maruti guys without even a warning who quoted 15k for a simple fuse swap? They may have done this intentionally or it is possible that they haven't done a proper diagnosis. Any way, it was their mistake and you would have lost a very big sum of money because of them right?
Old 21st August 2015, 13:07   #382
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Whoa!! Your stars are really good man. I can't answer your last question as I'm not that technical as you

By the way, did you leave those Maruti guys without even a warning who quoted 15k for a simple fuse swap? They may have done this intentionally or it is possible that they haven't done a proper diagnosis. Any way, it was their mistake and you would have lost a very big sum of money because of them right?
I'll blame both - myself and their mechanics for not doing a proper check.

Nor did I do my checks correctly as I missed that "DOME - 7.5A" that night when I was checking. Had I found it right away, I wouldn't have gone to MASS. They too wouldn't have done a complete check.

All in all, all is well that ends well.

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st August 2015 at 13:12.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 20:18   #383
BANNED

Name: High Power White 10W 2 CREE XB-D CANBUS 36mm Festoon LED
Price: $1.11 = ₹72.63
Bought from: AliExpress

As I keep receiving notifications for sale items from different sellers, same popped up for this product, the curious side of me made the purchase 51 days back as I felt of having one as spare. I feel lucky to have bought the item that same day from the notification as the price for the same product is $6.43 = ₹420.71

Yesterday after the incident I could put this bulb to work and here are some pictures.

Details of the Festoon LED:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-0.jpg

How it looks in reality:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-1.-new-festoon.jpg

Removed the cabin light from roof so it doesn't trouble again:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-2.jpg

The LED in place:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-3.jpg

Some pictures of it in working condition:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-4.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-5.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-6.jpg

The exposed metal roof part that short the fuse (DOME - 7.5A):
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-7.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 21:14   #384
BANNED

Apart from other stuff bought for the cleaning of car, here is the latest addition:

Got it from PayTm for ₹440 after 50% cash-back offer (MRP is ₹880)

Brand: Coido
Model: 6132
Volume: 2 Liters
Voltage: 12 Volts
Colour: Black
Includes: Washable filter, Removable front cover

Package Contents:
  • 1 x Coido Vacuum Cleaner,
  • 1 x Crevice Tool

Pictures:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150826_155048.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150826_155056.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150826_155338.jpg
Old 31st August 2015, 22:41   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Apart from other stuff bought for the cleaning of car, here is the latest addition:]
That is an excellent buy, Paytm is indeed having excellent cash back offers on some products. How is the product if you have used it? Is the suction power good enough? I am planning to buy a car vacuum cleaner and do not want to spend more than 700-800 on it, it is very cumbersome to use the house hold vacuum inside car

How is the car behaving after clutch change? Must be free from vibrations now.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 22:49   #386
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
That is an excellent buy, Paytm is indeed having excellent cash back offers on some products. How is the product if you have used it? Is the suction power good enough?
One word - Great!

Does all the job it is bought for. No issues and it takes me 15 minutes to get everything sucked in neatly and from all corners (thanks to crevice tool). Yet to try the wet suction but I have bought it mainly for dry suction.

One note in the manual - The car's engine should NOT be running as it will effect the life of the tool. It can be used for 60 minutes at a stretch before the need for rest/cooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
How is the car behaving after clutch change? Must be free from vibrations now.
It is just as new. No issues have cropped up again after the clutch change. Enjoying the mile crunching.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 23:01   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag;3791658...

Got it from [I
PayTm[/i] for ₹440 after 50% cash-back offer (MRP is ₹880)

Brand: Coido
Model: 6132
Hey .. at 440/- that looks a steal
But .. was your MRP 880/- or its the sale price (after discounts on MRP)?
Could not seem to fine one with 880/- as MRP or Selling Price.
Old 31st August 2015, 23:15   #388
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post

Hey .. at 440/- that looks a steal
But .. was your MRP 880/- or its the sale price (after discounts on MRP)?
Could not seem to fine one with 880/- as MRP or Selling Price.
Ah. Thanks.

MRP : Rs 1800
MRP : Rs 880 (After discount)
MRP : Rs 440 (After cash back)

Ask the above is as per Paytm website.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 01:04   #389
BANNED

Shoe Update

With 54,000 kms on the odometer, my Blue Streak for feeling the need for a shoe change to something economical and better than the stock OEM that was MRF ZVTV at 185/65 R15. This is the worst set of tyres that I have ever been on a car.

With an ultra tight budget of not more than ₹20,000 as total expenditure, I started to look out at tyre choices online after reading reviews on Team-BHP. Choices that I had were as below and in stock size:
  1. Yokohama Earth 1
  2. Michelin Energy XM2

Enquired for the same at many dealers and got high quotes making the total of ₹23,000 for the Michelins and ₹21,000 for Yokohama. I was almost final on the Earth 1 but I asked the dealer a day gap so that I could get home and study the tyre. Made for India but doesn't have the Indians loving it. Not many positive reviews for the Earth 1 and so was the same opinion followed by the tyre dealers. Many were pushing me for either Michelins or Falken's. One dealer did push me to Continental but none of the prices were near ₹21,000 area so I politely refused and came home.

Opened Team-BHP and started browsing the Tyres and Alloys Sections where I narrowed down to the below threads that had me with 3 sleepless nights as I was reading every single post in them:

1. Michelin XM2

2. Yokohama Earth 1

3. MRF Z.L.O

4. Maruti Swift tyres and wheel upgrade

5. Alloys and tyre dealers - Hyderabad

With all the reading done, I was now in a soup between the XM2 and Z.LO. I was highly in doubt as I never liked MRF thanks to the mighty ZVTV so the Z.L.O was a half-baked attempt. Almost 75% of the posts in the Z.L.O thread were praises for the tyres and applauds to MRF to give some performance oriented tyres.

Initial few pages where the discussion between Vid6639, Nikhilb2008, drpullockaran and few more BHPians regarding the pattern of the Z.L.O that was Asymmetric. Asymmetrical tyres tend to also be unidirectional tyres.. With the update received from MRF things were bit post that and which did see BHPians going ahead and getting this tyre for their rides. After reading the positive reviews, I finally ended my search on the Z.L.O.

Coming to reality: After I reach home from work today at 1pm, I set out to get the tyres changed. Searched more than 12 dealers in Hyderabad and none have the Z.L.O in the 195/60 R15 size. All they have stocks of 205 section. I was severely pushed for to upgrade this but for me it was a overkill and a big NO! Finally dejected, I went to Ashoka wheels again and asked for MRF tyres. he right-away said there is one dealer in Ranigunj who sells only MRF so you may get it there. BINGO!

Dealer Name: M G Tyres - MRF Exclusive Showroom;
Cost: ₹4200 x 4 = ₹16,800.
Discount: ₹500
Net Total: ₹16,300
Manufacturing code: '2815' - Between "6th to 12th July, 2015"

Picked up the tyres from the showroom and headed straight to where I go to regularly for wheel alignment and Balancing. Got that done for Free. Paid ₹500 for labour though.

Final Price: ₹16,800
Result: Very Happy.

Shall let the pictures do the talking:

MRF ZVTV - OEM set:

Front Left:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-1.-front-left.jpg

Front Right:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-2.-front-right.jpg

Rear Left:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-3.-rear-left.jpg

Rear Right:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-4.-rear-right.jpg

__________________________________________________ ________

MRF Z.L.O.:

MRF
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-5.-mrf.jpg

Z.L.O.:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-6.-z.l.o.jpg

Size:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-7.-size.jpg

Direction Comparison:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-8.-direction-comparo.jpg

Manufacturing Code:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-9.-dot-code.jpg

185/65 R15 vs 195/60 R15 Comparison:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-10.-comparison.jpg

185/65 R15 vs 195/60 R15 Comparison:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-11.-comparison.jpg

The Bill:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-12.-bill.jpg

Freebie given for the 4 tyres
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-13.-freebie.jpg

Wheel Alignment being done:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-14.-wa-being-done.jpg

Screen shot:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-15.-wa-being-done.jpg

__________________________________________________ ________

On the job, got the car foam washed as the car was too dirty thanks to the continuous rain since 3 days. Got it done at 3M, Ministers Road. Ex-Stunnerz. Took them 1 hour to do the job and I am mighty impressed with the quality and attention to detail.

3M Foam Wash:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-16.-wash.jpg

Foaming:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-17.-foam.jpg

3M Display Hoarding:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-18.-hoarding.jpg

PS: Notice the LTD sticker and also the URL at the corner. Seems to have picked up from our website.

PPS: Thanks to ALL BHPians who helped me and replied to my queries in the respective threads. Happy with the choice.

Shall put up a mini review with clear shots of the tyre and the car tomorrow morning.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th September 2015 at 01:06.
Old 13th September 2015, 02:59   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Shoe Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Shall put up a mini review with clear shots of the tyre and the car tomorrow morning.
Superb choice of tyres!!

One of my close friends has installed them on his Ritz and he is more than satisfied with its performance.

ZLOs are superb value at the price it is offered. While going through your post, I was wondering right from the beginning-" Why isn't he considering ZLOs" . Felt a sense of accomplishment when you first mentioned ZLO .

I hope this proves to be the last set of tyres on your Swift, before it touches the 1 lac mark and you head out to get yourself the 1.6 S Cross.

Best regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks