Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:35   #451
BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
HUMMING NOISE UPDATE:

Conclusion: No solution from MRF's end as according to them there is no noise at all and the tyres are perfect. He leaves all smiling.
As usual the dirty work of denying the issue left to the lowermost link in chain, because the higher ups will have to be more reasonable.
Isn't there any chance of pointing to Customer Care that initially the person could identify the problem,
but after doing usual stuff (which didn't solve the problem) he started telling something wrong with driver rather than the tyre.
Or, may be no point wasting more time.

Quote:
I am mistaken and feel I should have chosen Conti's or Michelin's or Yoko's.
Michelin XM2's look working ok.
With Yoko don't go for Earth 1 (they are said to be made for Indian conditions but I suppose the point is to come out with a cheaper version),
rather look for one of 'X'-drive (I think I had earlier found S-Drive most appropriate for hatches, they were almost near XM2 in price).
Conti's are probably costlier?
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:40   #452
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Bridgestone is THE best tyre suited for Indian roads
Any suggestions in Bridgestone Sir?

How is MY01?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
Now, I think you really should see if you can do an experiment by taking a test drive in your car running on another Swift's wheels.
+1. Shall try something. What if I hook up my older MRF ZVTV back and drive for evaluation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Isn't there any chance of pointing to Customer Care that initially the person could identify the problem, but after doing usual stuff. Or, may be no point wasting more time.
Complaining in to deaf ears anyway isn't going to make a difference. I was excited seeing a email response thinking they have changed for good but sadly no. They didn't change.

There is no scope for escalation anyway as the MRF TE has closed it saying it is a baseless complaint.

It is mere a time waste, fuel waste and man power trouble.

I'll have to live with it or try and get something else.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 15:13   #453
BHPian

You mean you still have your old stock tyres? That might work. But if you know someone in your city who would be willing to switch wheels with you for an hour and he hears the humming and you don't, that will isolate the problem to the tyres. You can now either live with the problem or try this or simply try to get a good deal for your tyres. How are the Apollo Alnac 4G, by the way? Maybe they aren't too expensive.
Old 3rd November 2015, 15:50   #454
BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Quote:
I have been using Bridgestone Turanza ER60 on my Corolla since the past 3 years and 25k kms. Brilliant tyres for Indian road conditions. Road noise is still very less and I haven't faced a single puncture yet. I would wholeheartedly recommend these tyres if you are looking for a switch.
Old 3rd November 2015, 16:21   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
I have been using Bridgestone Turanza ER60
+1 to that. I have used ER60 repeatedly on multiple cars, they are indeed the best allrounders for Indian roads. But sadly, they are no more in production. Had to go for Turanza AR-20 for my Corolla. Have done just 5-6k Kms. on them, and yet to exploit them fully to compare them with ER-60. My Swift ZDi is also on 195/60 R15 ER-60 since Day 1, and has done around 66k Kms. and still looks strong for another 7-8k's.
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:35   #456
BANNED

Quote:
You mean you still have your old stock tyres? That might work.
I don't have the old stock but the dealer where I swapped tyres would have it. Hopefully.

Apollo's aren't in my sight at all. It is either Bridgestone or Michelin of Yokohama. I was a happy user of Bridgestone S322 in my Ritz for 1.1L kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
I have been using Bridgestone Turanza ER60 on my Corolla since the past 3 years and 25k kms.
Does this come in 195/60 R15 size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
I have used ER60 repeatedly on multiple cars, they are indeed the best allrounders for Indian roads.
How good is the AR20? Is it available in 195/60 R15 size?

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd November 2015 at 17:37.
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:54   #457
Senior - BHPian

I have Bridgestone Turanza ER 60 on my Civic for 4 years now. Earlier my running for the first two years was a paltry 300 kms per month. As a result of which the tyres developed cracks which are called dry rot within 3 years. I am still running these tyres now @ 1500 kms per month now as they do have sufficient tread and have run around 33k kms. The reason i was looking for changing them in the next 5 to 6 k kms was they make such racket especially the one at the rear left it feels as though i am running a flat. Maybe it was my low initial running which doomed the tyres but at 6,250 at 2011 prices i expected them to last better.After reading your experience i may shift focus to Yoko Earth 1 or Good year assurance but these are again expensive.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 3rd November 2015 at 17:56.
Old 3rd November 2015, 18:38   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Speak to your boss and see if you can arrange for another set of Z.L.O's where they will be put in place of these and tested. If there is humming noise then the tyres are to blamed.

MRF TE: No Sir, we can't do that and there is no such possibility.

ME: Looking at him, I bid him a bye and leave!

Conclusion: No solution from MRF's end as according to them there is no noise at all and the tyres are perfect. He leaves all smiling.
Had I been in your position, I would have beaten him to death like this and straightaway go and speak with his senior. Very sad to hear that. He should have at least told that he will speak to his senior and come back regarding that possibility.

Quote:
Now, I think you really should see if you can do an experiment by taking a test drive in your car running on another Swift's wheels. Don't you know anyone who could help you with that? Doesn't matter if they are 14 inchers, you just need to remove this variable.
Good idea sir.
Anurag, We can swap my Swift tyres on your car and check once. If we can narrow down the problem to the tyres, let's see what we can do to those idiots at MRF.

Quote:
Why don't you try the Yokos which were installed in my Swift? You were the one who convinced me to go with them on the day of installation right? Till date, they are very silent, and the performance is very good. And having driven my car many times, I guess you too know that very well.
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:14   #459
BHPian

Quote:
How good is the AR20? Is it available in 195/60 R15 size?
As I said, haven't used them much. Corolla isn't my daily drive, and has done only 5-6K's in almost 10 months. And yes, they are certainly available in the mentioned size.
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:52   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Good idea sir.
Anurag, We can swap my Swift tyres on your car and check once. If we can narrow down the problem to the tyres, let's see what we can do to those idiots at MRF.
This is a great opportunity! And if it turns out to be the tyres that are making the noise, this info should be rubbed into the MRF guys' faces! Let's see them explain it away.
Darth Sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:18   #461
BHPian

Hey Anurag, I feel sorry for this. As usual our commercial area is irrespective of customer satisfaction, and we as customer are the least important people to them when it comes to answering any of the queries or attending to any complaints.

Well I would say you can go for Yokohama DB series brother, I dont know why they discontinued the A-Drive and I heard from many users that Earth 1 is not even close to the comfort A-Drive used to provide. And about these MRF I would advice you put it up on OLX or Quicker and get rid of this pain.
Old 4th November 2015, 08:28   #462
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I have Bridgestone Turanza ER 60 on my Civic for 4 years now.
Thanks Sumeeth for the response. I am just keeping options open incase I get a good buyback for the Z.L.O's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
+

Quote:
This is a great opportunity! And if it turns out to be the tyres that are making the noise, this info should be rubbed into the MRF guys' faces! Let's see them explain it away.
Thank you very much Madhav! That idea didn't occur to me at all. We can do this today or tomorrow and see what are the results.

@Darth Sid: I now feel it is a waste complaining to MRF heads up any more as I called the MRF TE yesterday evening and he rudely informed me that the complaint is closed from their end and their analysis has been submitted to Head Office in Chennai. If I have any issue or wanted to escalate, then I can jolly-well contact their head office as the complaint was registered at their HO and not at the local office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
And yes, they are certainly available in the mentioned size.
Thank you for the response. Just keeping my options open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Well I would say you can go for Yokohama DB series brother, I dont know why they discontinued the A-Drive and I heard from many users that Earth 1 is not even close to the comfort A-Drive used to provide. And about these MRF I would advice you put it up on OLX or Quicker and get rid of this pain.
I have put them on OLX and Quikr but people are wanting to inspect the tyres before they buy and are shying off when I say that the tyres are on my car and will be removing it off for sale.
Old 4th November 2015, 11:29   #463
BHPian

Quote:
... I now feel it is a waste complaining to MRF heads up any more
Going by amount of time (and possibly money as well) spent, it looks so.

Quote:
I have put them on OLX and Quikr but people are wanting to inspect the tyres before they buy and are shying off when I say that the tyres are on my car and will be removing it off for sale.
Tell them you are looking to buy some international brand, hence the sale.
I suppose fitted tyres gives the buyer option to try as well, not quite sure this should be a negative.
Old 4th November 2015, 11:36   #464
BANNED

Quote:
Going by amount of time (and possibly money as well) spent, it looks so.
Yes sir. If there is a good deal in line, I am off with this tyre and this manufacturer for life. I have tried to drive by ignoring the sound by keeping the volume a bit on the higher side but it still penetrates and irritates me at the back of my mind.

Quote:
Tell them you are looking to buy some international brand, hence the sale. I suppose fitted tyres gives the buyer option to try as well, not quite sure this should be a negative.
They'll want to drive my car and abuse it in the name of testing.
Old 4th November 2015, 14:24   #465
BHPian

Quote:

They'll want to drive my car and abuse it in the name of testing.
Yeah .. that's what I meant, its not a great thing for you, but the buyer should be happier to see live demo of tyre instead of chickening out

Most Viewed